Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Auctioned like a dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tumbo. Lol.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

TheKub
May 11, 2006

It's a wonder he even allows dogs into MAL.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Out of all the crap he’s pulled, auctioning off poor animals to freaky rich chuds is one of the most infuriating to me. There’s war crimes, then there’s messing with puppies.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

joylessdivision posted:

Air Force. Says it all.

Really weird how the Air Force gets access to insane air and space technology, billion dollar jets and airborne weapons systems and even space (before the space farce lol) but also somehow employs people dumber than your average middle schooler.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I have to imagine there was at least one person involved that realized that the rescue dog auction in the tacky, run down gilded ballroom was super creepy and weird and being afraid to broach the subject was forced to sit with the idea that their life choices had led them to this situation.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

My big, strapping hunk of a man, when you clearly enunciate state secrets into my ear a shiver runs down my spine. Tease me with the location of the infantry you spoke of last night. I want to feel that thrill when you disclose sensitive troop movements. Oh hold me close and tell me where all those handsome buff men are.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

hold up he’s 63, why are old folks so gullible

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

emSparkly posted:

Out of all the crap he’s pulled, auctioning off poor animals to freaky rich chuds is one of the most infuriating to me. There’s war crimes, then there’s messing with puppies.
Trump is one of three Presidents to not bring a pet with them into the White House

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Trump stealing Santos gig selling stolen puppies. Or maybe the cameo money ran out and the whole thing was planned by a mysterious stranger with a fabulous moustache.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Faustian Bargain posted:

The answer to this is incredibly depressing.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Also certain at least once someone involved with this referred to it as “the used dog auction”

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Froghammer posted:

Trump is one of three Presidents to not bring a pet with them into the White House

But he's the only one to have at least two body-doubles to pretend to be his wife because the actual wife hates him

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

funeral home DJ posted:

Really weird how the Air Force gets access to insane air and space technology, billion dollar jets and airborne weapons systems and even space (before the space farce lol) but also somehow employs people dumber than your average middle schooler.

Chair Force dudes are leaps and bounds smarter than other branches. Armed Forces look for obedience, not intelligence.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Vampire Panties posted:

Chair Force dudes are leaps and bounds smarter than other branches. Armed Forces look for obedience, not intelligence.

Smart enough to join the cushy branch.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Remember when leaded gasoline and paint used to be common?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Faustian Bargain posted:

Leaded gasoline = lead particulate in the air, being breathed in, getting all over literally everything.

That poo poo started being phased out in the 70s, but wasn’t completely gone for cars until something like 1994. It’s still used for some small planes though.

E: :argh:

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Froghammer posted:

huh. Lincoln's dog got assassinated and was the original Fido.

quote:

Trump’s anti-dog prejudice feels un-American, because the pedigree of the FDOTUS (First Dog Of The United States) is as long as American history. George Washington had Sweet Lips, Scentwell and Vulcan (American foxhounds). Abraham Lincoln had Fido (mongrel), killed by a drunk with a knife a few months after Lincoln’s assassination and whose name became a generic handle for dogs everywhere. John F Kennedy had Gaullie (French poodle), Charlie (Welsh terrier), Clipper (German shepherd), Shannon (cocker spaniel), Wolf (Irish wolfhound) and Pushinka (a mongrel presented by former Soviet Union premier Nikita Khrushchev).

Ronald Reagan’s Christmas gift to his wife, Nancy, in 1985 was the legendary Rex – a cavalier King Charles spaniel who had framed portraits of Ron and Nancy in his elaborate doghouse. Bill Clinton had Buddy (a chocolate Labrador retriever). George W Bush had Spot “Spotty” Fetcher (an English springer spaniel), Barney and Miss Beazley (Scottish terriers). Barack Obama had Sunny and Bo (Portuguese water dogs).
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/politics/article/donald-trump-dogs

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Gonna stand over his targets watching them do his plumbing/electrical work until they want to kill themselves

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hollismason posted:

LMAO at those chat exchanges. Goddamn.

Defendant was found walking across a Ukrainian minefield towards Russia, profusely sweating, carrying a printer containing national secrets

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm the only one that just ignores these instead of responding and talking to a stranger/human being?
"lol new phone" "this is beth we have a blind date tonight" "hi it's mom your dad had a heart attack" *silence* *silence* *silence*

alpaca diseases posted:

Gonna stand over his targets watching them do his plumbing/electrical work until they want to kill themselves
HA!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It hurts the prosecutions case for culpability if they just spend the entire trial calling him the biggest gullible dumb dumb they've ever met in their combined 73 years of practicing law doesn't it?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

alpaca diseases posted:

"That's not how I would've done it. Why should I pay full price for a job that took you ten minutes?"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Every night Judge Cannon takes the dust cloth off the candle pin bowling ball kept on a pedestal... her direct line to TRUMP!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hello my beautiful lovers of the something is awful forams. nothing becomes get me as sexy as details about Ukrainian surface to air missile battery coordinates. kisses <3

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Candle pin “bowling” is an abomination

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

jokes posted:

Defendant was found walking across a Ukrainian minefield towards Russia, profusely sweating, carrying a printer containing national secrets

lmao

still not as sad as the guy who gave away secrets for clout on his gamer discord

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Am tramf in jail?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

tek79 posted:

Yeah, this would just be a massively brutal, incompetent clusterfuck and probably end up being a major humanitarian disaster. I know that'd be the point if you're a MAGA Nazi but to everyone else this would just be a horror show.

But ok, go ahead and pull the rug out from under a lot of vital industries that float on the backs of cheap migrant labor. People think poo poo is expensive now....

Can almost guarantee that the Trump folks would suggest to fill the gaping hole this would cause in the labour market with prison inmates. It ain’t (legally) slavery if they’re dressed in orange!

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Catastrophe posted:

"secret turnpike"

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

IDK... about 18 years ago I worked with a guy who was in his mid 40s who had just gotten out of prison for murder (...despite that his case is legitimately hilarious but idk if I can share details). He was really, really immature and gullible, and he got hooked by a "hot russian girl" online. We tried and tried to tell him "dude, it's probably some guy named Carl in Ohio, DO NOT send them money" but he kept sending them money because she really, really wanted to leave Russia and come live with him in America but there's always some minor hang up that just needs $20 here, $50 there, $100 there. We finally told him to put his foot down about the money and see if she was still interested. "She" dropped him almost immediately, and he came to work all depressed because he knew we were right, and despite that still felt heartbroken. I chalked that up to him being new to the internet, extremely lonely, and likely developmentally delayed due to incarceration - the perfect mark.

These texts look so much like the kinds of stuff they were stringing him along with that it's depressing to see people still falling for this. I mean, it's sad for anyone to be that lonely, so I feel for the victims of it but come on y'all, this is the oldest grift on the internet.

Anyway this country is awful and trump sucks

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TremorX posted:

IDK... about 18 years ago I worked with a guy who was in his mid 40s who had just gotten out of prison for murder (...despite that his case is legitimately hilarious but idk if I can share details). He was really, really immature and gullible, and he got hooked by a "hot russian girl" online. We tried and tried to tell him "dude, it's probably some guy named Carl in Ohio, DO NOT send them money" but he kept sending them money because she really, really wanted to leave Russia and come live with him in America but there's always some minor hang up that just needs $20 here, $50 there, $100 there. We finally told him to put his foot down about the money and see if she was still interested. "She" dropped him almost immediately, and he came to work all depressed because he knew we were right, and despite that still felt heartbroken. I chalked that up to him being both new to the internet, extremely lonely, and likely developmentally delayed due to incarceration - the perfect mark.

These texts look so much like the kinds of stuff they were stringing him along with that it's depressing to see people still falling for this. I mean, it's sad for anyone to be that lonely, so I feel for the victims of it but come on y'all, this is the oldest grift on the internet.

Anyway this country is awful and trump sucks

One of those hilarious murders. Wait...

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hollismason posted:

Mods if this is potential doxxing just yell at me and I'll kill it; there's been enough similar cases that trying to google it brings up other stories

Short version: His roommate kept farting in his face until he snapped, they fought and it went too far

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hollismason posted:

I date you not to laugh at a murder with a Yakety Sax playing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TremorX posted:

Mods if this is potential doxxing just yell at me and I'll kill it; there's been enough similar cases that trying to google it brings up other stories

Short version: His roommate kept farting in his face until he snapped, they fought and it went too far

Its not doxxing and you need to explain more. He murdered his roommate because he was farting in his face. How many years in prison did he get for murdering his roommate.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1764824422056083462

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1764825428336763210

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TremorX posted:

His roommate kept farting in his face

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yea I am going to need a link to the actual news story that this man went to jail for murdering someone who farted in his face.