Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

General Bullshit › Ukraine War: Sweet Dave, the supply of weapons is completely classified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

golden bubble posted:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...xt=March%204%20(Reuters)%20-%20A,Justice%20Department%20said%20on%20Monday

If you are 63 and a "hot 22 year old" starts coming on to you, you should be at least a little suspicious

Goddamn, I don't know how you can read that without picturing the person on the other end typing while saying "Holy poo poo, I can't believe he's actually buying this"

I mean, that's "I AM A SPY" in verbose writing.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I put on my robe and cyka blyat

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jerk Burger posted:

Dave is dumb as poo poo

That’s certainly consistent with the available evidence, but please also consider this wise perspective:

https://x.com/presidenttoguro/status/1764792156135264360

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Subjunctive posted:

That’s certainly consistent with the available evidence, but please also consider this wise perspective:

https://x.com/presidenttoguro/status/1764792156135264360

Makes you think.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

General Bullshit › Ukraine War: Sweet Dave, the supply of weapons is completely classified

lol

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sounds like they're saying the Soviets did a terrible job back in WW2, then?

Also, Dave is so dumb, I'm surprised he wasn't in the Marine corps.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Let’s not act like being a bible salesman in the chairforce isn’t worse

Sweet Dave wanting that strange makes him slightly less stupid than Jack teixera https://twitter.com/jackryan212/status/1764848769848201248?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A because at least he thought he would get something out of it besides the undying respect of gamer shitposters who couldn’t drive yet

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

mllaneza posted:

Makes you think.

I wish I had some classified info...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Me telling a totally Ukrainian woman that NATO ninjas have a “surprise” for Putin. Going up his butt

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1764898658779017597#m

The Sergey Kotov is done for.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The problem with "tankie", is that when people really mean to say "authoritarian cruelty affectionado", or "genocide enthusiast", they say "tankie", which is shorter but less descriptive and thus leaves room for misinterpretation.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

zone posted:

glug glug motherfuckers

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
From Russia with Dave.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

wit posted:

Well now I'm caught in a web. How about oligarch adjacent fuckheads with a penchant for doodling on maps?

e: didnt realise orc was now considered a slur applied to russians in general. Early on it was specifically the invading meatwalls.
Don't worry, russians love slurs. Anyone who speaks russian and has enjoyed being in a server with them knows what's up.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

beer_war posted:

glug glug motherfuckers

Can we get an updated picture with the ships sunk crossed out?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tai posted:

Nah tankies are not remotely nazi at all. Just very naive people.

They sure embrace a lot of Nazi talking points so IDK about that.

Dwesa posted:

Hilldawg Dimon

Lol but also is Medvedev short or does he have a huge head?

e: According to Google he's 198 cm tall.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Mar 5, 2024

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

zone posted:

There is a second drone visible first against the shore lights reflected in the water and the wake is highlighted with the explosion. Ukraine will probably release footage from the drones with the second one sailing into the hole made by the first.
Also interesting to see some kind of two stage warhead on that hit. If I was filming on that boat I'd start heading for the lifeboats. Some guy in an office in Odessa has your fate in his hands and there is nothing you can do except hope they are going for another boat.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: According to Google he's 198 cm tall.
That's the tennis player.....

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Budzilla posted:

That's the tennis player.....

Yeah Google sucks.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

drone footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwvz43QYxU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
That was... *several* hits.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1764915821782966457#m
:dukedog:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Russia losing naval warfare to a country without a navy never gets old

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Russia losing naval warfare to a country without a navy never gets old

People thought that the Russo-Japanese naval war was too one-sided, and then Russia had to go above and beyond...

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

insha'Allah the drones find him

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

ReelBigLizard posted:

insha'Allah the drones find him

Sweet Dave, do you have a surprise for him?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Comstar posted:

Can we get an updated picture with the ships sunk crossed out?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I never once liked the Serihy Kotov even for a minute. Good riddance.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
two birds with one stone?

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Pretty crazy that the trains were blamed.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Rear Admiral Big Z and the Ukrainian Navy strike again. :hmmyes::discourse:

The NATO warlock towers will be pleased.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

The ICC posted:

Situation in Ukraine: ICC judges issue arrest warrants against Sergei Ivanovich Kobylash and Viktor Nikolayevich Sokolov

Today, 5 March 2024, Pre-Trial Chamber II of the International Criminal Court, composed of Judge Rosario Salvatore Aitala, Presiding, Judge Tomoko Akane and Judge Sergio Gerardo Ugalde Godinez (“ICC” or “Court”) issued warrants of arrest for two individuals, Mr Sergei Ivanovich Kobylash and Mr Viktor Kinolayevich Sokolov, in the context of the situation in Ukraine for alleged crimes committed from at least 10 October 2022 until at least 9 March 2023.

Mr Sergei Ivanovich Kobylash, born on 1 April 1965, a Lieutenant General in the Russian Armed Forces, who at the relevant time was the Commander of the Long-Range Aviation of the Aerospace Force, and Mr Viktor Kinolayevich Sokolov, born 4 April 1962, an Admiral in the Russian Navy, who at the relevant time was the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet, are each allegedly responsible for the war crime of directing attacks at civilian objects (article 8(2)(b)(ii) of the Rome Statute) and the war crime of causing excessive incidental harm to civilians or damage to civilian objects (article 8(2)(b)(iv) of the Rome Statute), and the crime against humanity of inhumane acts under article 7(1)(k) of the Rome Statute. There are reasonable grounds to believe they bear individual criminal responsibility for the aforementioned crimes for (i) having committed the acts jointly and/or through others (article 25(3)(a) of the Rome Statute), (ii) ordering the commission of the crimes, and/or (iii) for their failure to exercise proper control over the forces under their command (article 28(a) of the Rome Statute).

The two warrants of arrest were issued following applications filed by the Prosecution. Pre-Trial Chamber II considered that there are reasonable grounds to believe that the two suspects bear responsibility for missile strikes carried out by the forces under their command against the Ukrainian electric infrastructure from at least 10 October 2022 until at least 9 March 2023. During this time-frame, there was an alleged campaign of strikes against numerous electric power plants and sub-stations, which were carried out by the Russian armed forces in multiple locations in Ukraine.

Pre-Trial Chamber II found that there are reasonable grounds to believe that the alleged strikes were directed against civilian objects, and for those installations that may have qualified as military objectives at the relevant time, the expected incidental civilian harm and damage would have been clearly excessive to the anticipated military advantage.

Pre-Trial Chamber II also considered that the alleged campaign of strikes qualifies as a course of conduct involving the multiple commission of acts against a civilian population, pursuant to a State policy, in the meaning of Article 7 of the Statute. As such, there are reasonable grounds to believe that the suspects also bear responsibility for the crime against humanity of ‘other inhumane acts […] intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health’, as per article 7(1)(k) of the Rome Statute.

The content of the warrants is issued ‘secret’ in order to protect witnesses and to safeguard the investigations. However, mindful that conduct similar to that addressed in the present situation, which amounts to violations of international humanitarian law, is alleged to be ongoing, the Chamber considers that public awareness of the warrants may contribute to the prevention of the further commission of crimes. Therefore, Pre-Trial Chamber II considers it to be in the interest of justice to authorise the Registry to publicly disclose the existence of the warrants, the name of the suspects, the crimes for which the warrants are issued, and the modes of liability.

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/situation-ukraine-icc-judges-issue-arrest-warrants-against-sergei-ivanovich-kobylash-and

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Dwesa posted:

two birds with one stone?

How?

Then again it is Russia. :blyat:

wit
Jul 26, 2011

DiomedesGodshill posted:

How?

Was probably on the helicopter landing pad.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

DiomedesGodshill posted:

How?

Ramped a leftover drone off the deck of the patrol ship as it sank? :coolfish:

e.

oh well

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

DiomedesGodshill posted:

How?

This class of patrol ships has a helipad

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

spleen merchant posted:

Pretty crazy that the trains were blamed.

Did you see how they were dressed? Just out there, flaunting that big caboose

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1764938931382940130#m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ukraine’s development of crane-targeting drones must be curtailed.