Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Okay I think the PTSD chat with the doctor must have happened earlier then I thought because I am pretty sure it had to be before the Brazil Olympics. If memory serves he claimed to have been hired as security for it. He ended up getting in a firefight and basically had to tell the police they had to take his gun. According to him he had to browbeat the Brazil police into taking it seriously and accept his "shooting involved weapon" into evidence. I remember I already thought he might be full of poo poo because I tried to look up if there way any report of a crime that matched his description.

Can someone help me with this one. I am pretty sure he made this claim IN a thread. It's possible I have which years Olympics it was wrong but I really thought it was Rio.

mein gott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing a bunch of grown rear end adults he tried to hijack a plane after 9/11 and was still a free man.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

symbolic posted:

come to think of it did he think hijacking a plane wouldn't be a federal crime, black ops LPer at the helm or not. did he think they excuse him from doing it if he's military or if it's a family emergency. now im hung up on this, I dont care if it's bullshit

they talked him down so its fine, no need to involve law enforcement. they are famously chill about airplane hijackings.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sam Sanskrit posted:

He ended up getting in a firefight and basically had to tell the police they had to take his gun. According to him he had to browbeat the Brazil police into taking it seriously and accept his "shooting involved weapon" into evidence.

especially incredulous on what could plausibly be a cut Naked Gun bit. like come on lmao

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

symbolic posted:

come to think of it did he think hijacking a plane wouldn't be a federal crime, black ops LPer at the helm or not. did he think they excuse him from doing it if he's military or if it's a family emergency. now im hung up on this, I dont care if it's bullshit

I think one of the things that was going with his character was that he built these broad tragic flaws into it. I think the plane thing was him trying to sell his persona's inability to deal with problems he could not solve through violence.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hijacking the plane to make the pilots press the go faster button

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It's pretty obvious this pathologic liar just said things for attention and didn't think much about the broader implications of his outrageous claims.

The funniest bit is that there are rubes who apparently swallowed all this for years.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Spinter Ce- NUMBER TWO SHUT THE gently caress UP IM CUTTING A PROMO FOR MY LETS PLAY

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
he was actually hijacking the plane via getting himself captured in order to kidnap a scientist that had recently published a paper about weaponized fusion reactions. In mid-air they attached the plane to a bigger plane, blew of the nose of the hijacked plane, then attached an IV to the scientist, pumped blood out of him and into a corpse to make it look like the corpse was the scientist killed in a plane crash.

Ironically, he would go on to heroically stop himself from blowing up gotham with a neutron bomb made by the scientist that was kidnapped form the plane crash. He did this with a lot of money, which is why donating to patreon is so important.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

symbolic posted:

especially incredulous on what could plausibly be a cut Naked Gun bit. like come on lmao

John Cleese had a story for a Fawlty Towers movie that involved Basil Fawlty thwarting a hijacking only to get arrested for trying to force the plane to continue to its original destination.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I dont exactly know how to describe the feeling of realizing this guy playing The Bouncer while stationed in fallujah under direct orders of big boss basically made me forget ebtirely about the yospos sex freak photographer who actually makes fairly loving chill electronic music, and how that was just 2 days ago.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's pretty obvious this pathologic liar just said things for attention and didn't think much about the broader implications of his outrageous claims.

The funniest bit is that there are rubes who apparently swallowed all this for years.

I mean yes that is why he did it but he definitely was interested in building a tragic angle to it all. As many of his stories were him being a gently caress up drunk as a badass mercenary. He (or his character) identified really strongly with Caim from Drakengard and I do think a lot of the more maudlin and tragic elements of his stories were him trying to "tone match" that story for whatever reason.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I had no idea he had been branding himself as the Internet's Steven Seagal

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

I dont exactly know how to describe the feeling of realizing this guy playing The Bouncer while stationed in fallujah under direct orders of big boss basically made me forget ebtirely about the yospos sex freak photographer who actually makes fairly loving chill electronic music, and how that was just 2 days ago.
we're only five days into meltdown march, what does the rest of this month have in store for us

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sam Sanskrit posted:

I mean yes that is why he did it but he definitely was interested in building a tragic angle to it all. As many of his stories were him being a gently caress up drunk as a badass mercenary. He (or his character) identified really strongly with Caim from Drakengard and I do think a lot of the more maudlin and tragic elements of his stories were him trying to "tone match" that story for whatever reason.

Jesus loving christ he did lets plays.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
oh and phil was in one of the seats playing MK on steamdeck getting absolutely tooled on, yelling how quan chi is bullshit completely oblivious to the hijacking, shooting and plane exploding

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Maximum Chenergy posted:

I can't believe that this is what got me to check the forums again after like a decade. Incredibly funny poo poo, this is like finding out some guy at a high school reunion pulled a bunch of insane poo poo and looks like a crackhead now.

I think that's a decent analogy. I hadn't thought about this person in a long time, but I still recognized his name as someone who made all those LPs around 2010 or so. I'm not going to retroactively pretend I was too cool for them, I thought they were entertaining at the time (I probably shouldn't try re-reading them now).

When someone posted in here that he had terminal cancer, I just assumed he was a regular nerd guy who had faded back into obscurity after screenshot LPs went out of style. Finding out that he's actually been cultivating this badass mercenary persona on his own personal Discord (which he has and is popular for some reason) all this time is wild. Some people's brains just get scrambled by even minor Internet fame

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ArfJason posted:

Best way I can describe it is the lip-smacking gesture from the old Looney Tunes.

These forums are something special.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

What if that guy was another dark Id persona…

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The thing I find strangest about all this is that I'm used to this kind of thing comin alongside the reveal that he was embezzling money or dating a 15 year old or something, not just... apparently telling increasingly implausible lies nobody actually cared enough to question while actually doing LPs. If all he wanted was internet fame he already had it.

The one thing I'll say is that at least it's a form of narcissism that doesn't seem to involve making insane accusations about other people (particularly other 'content creators'), which is what you often see within these insular Internet communities. It was evidently more about one-upping and making everything about him, and somehow there were plenty of gullible people willing to believe it.

Oh your dog broke its leg, well my CIA-trained ninja dog was poisoned by the Russians

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hijacking the plane to make the pilots press the go faster button

getting absolutely pissed my run of Schrodinger's Daughter (Any%) gets ruined by the elevator glitch and resorting to the extremely risky "Terrorist's Gambit" skip

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

symbolic posted:

getting absolutely pissed my run of Schrodinger's Daughter (Any%) gets ruined by the elevator glitch and resorting to the extremely risky "Terrorist's Gambit" skip

Lmao

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

The one thing I'll say is that at least it's a form of narcissism that doesn't seem to involve making insane accusations about other people (particularly other 'content creators'), which is what you often see within these insular Internet communities. It was evidently more about one-upping and making everything about him, and somehow there were plenty of gullible people willing to believe it.

Oh your dog broke its leg, well my CIA-trained ninja dog was poisoned by the Russians

TBF he did kinda go weirdly nuclear on speedball, according to them

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ArfJason posted:

It's called, something awful :discourse:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

symbolic posted:

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

symbolic posted:

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

symbolic posted:

You have to mash the triangle button during the smoking break cutscene to make him breathe faster to trigger the phone text animation

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ArfJason posted:

was kind of hoping that the posters going to bat for the yospos psycho would get more chances to own themselves, but that’s all over now *stares wistfully out the window*

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Okay I think the PTSD chat with the doctor must have happened earlier then I thought because I am pretty sure it had to be before the Brazil Olympics. If memory serves he claimed to have been hired as security for it. He ended up getting in a firefight and basically had to tell the police they had to take his gun. According to him he had to browbeat the Brazil police into taking it seriously and accept his "shooting involved weapon" into evidence. I remember I already thought he might be full of poo poo because I tried to look up if there way any report of a crime that matched his description.

Can someone help me with this one. I am pretty sure he made this claim IN a thread. It's possible I have which years Olympics it was wrong but I really thought it was Rio.

i just spent a bit searching for this and couldn't find it in a post after 2012

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Southern Cassowary posted:

i just spent a bit searching for this and couldn't find it in a post after 2012

I guess it must have been a twitter thing too? I remember it pretty clearly, though like I said I am not sure of when it was.

I am pretty interested to find it though. If for no other reason then to figure out when this all occurred. I am kind of shocked to think that I may have been watching this dude thinking he was lying since 2016.

Sam Sanskrit has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Mar 5, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Note Block posted:

TBF he did kinda go weirdly nuclear on speedball, according to them

I don't know who speedball is but yeah I probably spoke too soon, wouldn't surprise me if he did get involved in the typical circular firing squad thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

Mordiceius posted:

can someone make a 3 hour youtube essay untangling all of this tia

New Justin Whang: Tales from the Internet sponsored by Jeffrey incoming

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I would make some joke of Hbomberguy making a 5 hour video but then I remembered the guy nuked all his LP videos and is trying his hardest to divorce himself from them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm not sure how to feel about being the guy who started this chain of 1500 posts worth of lols and revelations. Maybe now is a good time to announce my death via terminal cancer in 16h 34m. Any further posts after that will be because I have bequeathed this account to my 1 year old nephew. Namaste, all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing a bunch of grown rear end adults he tried to hijack a plane after 9/11 and was still a free man.

tbf there's still at least one goon who believes TheDarkId was a truth teller and that all the discord screenshots are faked

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

This account goes to my grave with me. My nephew might get my Steam password. There's nothing too embarrassing in that. But he doesn't get the other Steam password.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

symbolic posted:

Also like he was gonna what

slam on the pedal to make it go faster?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just randomly thought about how he would poke fun at Resident Evil for how Jill was in Delta Force in her early 20s and laughing with all the stories he came up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Leal posted:

Just randomly thought about how he would poke fun at Resident Evil for how Jill was in Delta Force in her early 20s and laughing with all the stories he came up with

it was bc he was in deltaforce. check the tvtropes page