Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's a living...

I was going to say that it really probably isn’t, but then I remembered that How It’s Made was Canadian so there’s a decent chance they were miserable but compensated instead of miserable and one cut shift away from homelessness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They let me bring home the bacon though, eh? Haha! No but really

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

new pastry dispenser just dropped

https://twitter.com/djslizzard/status/1764136313060577421

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Man I'd gently caress those shrimp up.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Industrial food machines generally seem pretty intimidating, even if the product they turn out is good.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

What is that last one? Two Hues of Green with Whipped Cream?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Ice cream.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Brawnfire posted:

It's the top and bottom layer of what they scrape out of the sewer after a midwestern st. paddy's day.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
some kind of jello and cool whip thingy.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I found a video and it does seem to be ice cream, but I still can't find a brand. Seems like there's a few varieties, but I was curious about the Slimer Cum Combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4DHeqlE_GY

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kinda like the prawn dice tower tbh. If you refrigerate the whole thing presumably it keeps the prawns cold for a while.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

Kinda like the prawn dice tower tbh. If you refrigerate the whole thing presumably it keeps the prawns cold for a while.

Pretty sure it's a big ice sculpture.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Pretty sure it's a big ice sculpture.

Yeah refrigerating the shrimp is the entire point of it

It still looks ghastly but I can't fault the ingenuity

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

now i’m imagining one that has a timer on it and all the humans start gathering around it when they think it’s almost shrimp treat time

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A Perfect Twist posted:

I remember that footage being used by a YouTube comedian who phrased it as a 'jizz of mayonnaise'.

I think his channel was called How it's Really Actually Made but not sure. I don't want to look it up. It was sensible chuckle tier comedy.
Huggbees is the guy/channel, "How It's Actually Made" is the series.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Brawnfire posted:

Soft serve and flavored syrup, usually the packaged soft serve has a bunch of carrageenan added to keep it from melting. I seen it in Japan at the kombinience store.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Google Maps gave me this gem from a local restaurant that's usually pretty good. I'm not even sure what this is supposed to be. Brussels sprouts? I might have to check the menu.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Sauteed brussels sprouts, they've become kind of a food fad in recent years for whatever reason. I'm in the same camp as a lot of people where I always hated them as a child, but that was eating them steamed with no other preparation. Cooked in a pan and dressed with a few other elements they're pretty good.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Oh, they're delicious, but this photo does not sell them.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they have been successfully geneengineered to be tastier

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Those look roasted to me, but either way. Google maps is probably pulling a customer photo from a review, which explains why the photo looks bad, I bet the dish slaps.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Asparagus was long my favorite vegetable but sprouts might've knocked em off. Hard to say.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Oh, they're delicious, but this photo does not sell them.

Does to me, they look great? Nice and brown, probably taste fabulous.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Sauteed brussels sprouts, they've become kind of a food fad in recent years for whatever reason.
The reason is that they used to be terrible but they've actually been good for a couple of decades due to breeding them to be good (and cooking them any way other than boiling) and people keep discovering that like it's new.

And good for them, really.

stringless has a new favorite as of 11:46 on Mar 5, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I still can't stomach 'em. They taste like parsnips if they were a brassica, and that just... Ain't for me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I rather like a roasted and salted modern brussel sprout

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they're still bad

asparagus crew re%

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m personally awaiting the Lima Bean revival, I’ve never had any that are decent but like, I know it’s possible? Somehow?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lima beans are so terrible I sort of wonder why they are such a universal experience, like why even bother? What amount of protein or iron or whatever could possibly be worthwhile as a parent for putting up with making your kids eat them

I mean they're not offensively bitter like old-school brussels sprouts, just incredibly bland and chalky and dull. I can't imagine, like, going to a restaurant and ordering them, or deciding "hey you know what would be good tonight? Lima beans! :dance:"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'd far rather have fava beans.

Yes yes, and a nice chianti, etc.

But seriously favas are drat good in a balela style salad.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Ligma beans?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

Ligma beans?
Better to flick em

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The town my grandparents retired to has a yearly Lima bean festival. I've never figured out how many layers of irony they're operating on.

RoastBeef has a new favorite as of 15:59 on Mar 5, 2024

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bean saying this

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Lima beans are so terrible I sort of wonder why they are such a universal experience, like why even bother? What amount of protein or iron or whatever could possibly be worthwhile as a parent for putting up with making your kids eat them

Butter beans are delicious and I will not hear you slandering the good name of succotash :colbert:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I liked lima beans as a kid. Dunno why. I haven't had em in years but last time I did I just thought "this is bland and has a weird texture" but I used to fuckin love em. Maybe because they were often alongside green beans in those mixed veggie bags. gently caress green beans.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

teen witch posted:

Better to flick em

So, fligma bean

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

DontMockMySmock posted:

I liked lima beans as a kid. Dunno why. I haven't had em in years but last time I did I just thought "this is bland and has a weird texture" but I used to fuckin love em. Maybe because they were often alongside green beans in those mixed veggie bags. gently caress green beans.

It's sorta weird they aren't anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

root beer posted:

So, fligma bean
:thembeans:

thank you I will be terrorizing the masses with a cool new phrase