Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

FutureFriend posted:

it was bc he was in deltaforce. check the tvtropes page

Yeah he would be exactly the person to see through that bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leal posted:

Just randomly thought about how he would poke fun at Resident Evil for how Jill was in Delta Force in her early 20s and laughing with all the stories he came up with

No one talks poo poo about Jill and gets away with it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The master of unlocking your front door while you're asleep

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Also like he was gonna what

slam on the pedal to make it go faster?

Big Airline doesn't want you to know that planes only operate at half speed at all times

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ArfJason posted:

I dont exactly know how to describe the feeling of realizing this guy playing The Bouncer while stationed in fallujah under direct orders of big boss basically made me forget ebtirely about the yospos sex freak photographer who actually makes fairly loving chill electronic music, and how that was just 2 days ago.

That guy had his time in the sun like 4 years ago when he was liveblogging how awesome it was his wife let him open up his marriage and then liveblogged his divorce. All this recent stuff was simply a long overdue mercy killing.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

pentyne posted:

tbf there's still at least one goon who believes TheDarkId was a truth teller and that all the discord screenshots are faked

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

That guy had his time in the sun like 4 years ago when he was liveblogging how awesome it was his wife let him open up his marriage and then liveblogged his divorce. All this recent stuff was simply a long overdue mercy killing.

Anthony Burch?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Leal posted:

Anthony Burch?

Unfortunately, Anthony Burch persists.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think most people were not aware of the Number Two Deep Lore and simply believed it when a funny LP guy they vaguely rememver announced that he had turbo cancer. Thank you

Yeah. This is where I was. I wasn't in his discord. The only things I (thought) knew about The Dark Id was that he did LPs of games that I liked and that he did government contract security work. The latter of which isn't super unusual or uncommon. My stepdad did that for a few years. So when his "daughter" died, I had no reason not to believe it. I hadn't heard any of the stories. :shrug:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What if that guy was another dark Id persona…

You sure are throwing a lot of accusations around

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

pentyne posted:

tbf there's still at least one goon who believes TheDarkId was a truth teller and that all the discord screenshots are faked

TheDarkId's greatest fan is TheDarkId.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Lid posted:

TheDarkId's greatest fan is TheDarkId.

When Janelle Monae said "I'm looking at a thousand different versions of myself, and we're all fine as gently caress" on Phenomenal I don't think alt accounts on a gaming forum were what she meant

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Oh man, I remember thedarkid's LPs from back in my early days here.

Learning he had a family and that family was fake in the course of a single sentence was a ride lol

e: seriously, who reads someone's claim about shooting two separate hippos with two different weapons and thinks it's legit

a seagull has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Mar 5, 2024

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing
hmimthinking guy came back :captainpop:

https://bsky.app/profile/hmimthinking.bsky.social/

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

how the gently caress is the "reality" even funnier than the thirdhand version posted tonight. holy god

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You just reminded me I made a blusky on like Christmas eve and immediately forgot about it. 2 followers tho sick

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

symbolic posted:

how the gently caress is the "reality" even funnier than the thirdhand version posted tonight. holy god

14 morons believed this poo poo.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

drat we stan a king

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

drat we stan a king

I fully support my fake gay kid

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

drat we stan a king

I have a few drinks in me and am REALLY GOOD AT VIOLENCE!

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

i need that goon who still believes him to post here. i need to know if he thinks thedarkid really killed 30 russian nazis who broke into his house to murder him

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Note Block posted:

TBF he did kinda go weirdly nuclear on speedball, according to them

yeah quoting from his discord, he used his japanese runaway live-in friend alt saying he harassed the discords mod team

(Silent dummy is "hikkiari" the fake japanese friend and admin of his discord)

(in case you missed the lore, Silent Dummy/Hikkiari is tdi pretendign to be his japanese best friend)

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing

symbolic posted:

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

"i requested the song, but it was already playing, so they just restarted it"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Honestly I'm more weirded out that he made SA accounts to hype himself up. What's the deal with that?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

wait hold up a sec didn't he post several times about his dad being abusive and possibly an alcoholic, because uhhhh don't think that's the type of thing you say if you actually had an upbringing like that lol

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Tired Moritz posted:

Honestly I'm more weirded out that he made SA accounts to hype himself up. What's the deal with that?

God can you imagine if someone did that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yes... I can...
Yeah, I'm pissed and who the gently caress do you think you are?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Obnoxipus posted:

i need that goon who still believes him to post here. i need to know if he thinks thedarkid really killed 30 russian nazis who broke into his house to murder him

i remember reading that live and i loving believed it lol
my brain is seriously fuckeddddd lollll

like "*gasp* what a world we live in!"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Obnoxipus posted:

oh my loving god

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

on one hand i'm sorry that you are also dealing with the lovely feelings that come from being lied to

on the other hand if i believed something like that you could not waterboard that info out of me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MarcusSA posted:

Oh yes... I can...
Yeah, I'm pissed and who the gently caress do you think you are?

<<neck chop>>

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Welcome to the Sagas Thread!

Welcome to the LEGENDS Thread! This is the thread to talk about, reminiscence, get corrected on, and feel old about all the happenings in the Something Awful Forums.

Previous versions of this thread:
SA's Greatest Sagas: careful that's a load-bearing slur
"You know who can help with this? The pig balls website."
PYF SA Sagas: gently caress you, it is January!
QCS can we have a saga thread, thread
PYF Goon Sagas & Dramas: I may be mad, but I am undeniably correct.
PYF Sagas: Maybe Sagas should be a thread at all (this is goldmined?!)
Official PYF Sagas Thread which WILL be Goldmined After Jeff is Probated (Also Known As: Vichy Sagas)
Sagas Thread Discussion
PYF Something Awful Legends: This is the one where DarkID didn't have cancer

RULES

1. CHAT ABOUT FORUMS!

- Old & New!
- SAGAS!
- No DRAMA!

- No GRUDGES!
- No (Inter/Intra-)FORUMS WAR!
- No BRIGADES!
- No VICTORY PARADES!
- No FREE [person]!
- No KILL [person]!
- Don’t be a PERVERT!
- Don’t be a WEIRD LITTLE PSYCHO!
- More SIT AROUND A FIRE AND LAUGH ABOUT DUMB THINGS!
- Be FUNNY!
- Stick to being FUNNY!

2. GRACE PERIOD!

For civility purposes, we are instituting a Three (3) Months’ Grace Period before you can talk about the saga legend here. However, this is also judged on a case-by-case basis on the moderation team’s discretion, so if anything’s hilarious or ridiculous enough we would be happy to talk about them as they happen live. Relevant examples at the time include:

Will I make money in donuts and coffee

PERMABAN 01/17/23 02:27pm Rutibex User requested. Doesn't want to post on a forum that doesn't recognize chat robots don't have human rights.

3. I AM EXTREMELY INCENSED!

What! You are really angry about something and your emotions have run and are still running so high you need to run out and tell all of us what you are mad about? Justified or not, THIS IS NOT THE THREAD. This is not Forums Court, this is not QCS, this is not SAD, this is a place for Sagas Legends discussions, this is not the Arbiter of All That is Forums. Please consider:

- starting a thread in SAD or discussing in a pre-existing SAD thread
- messaging the moderation and administration team
- emailing the admins at forumadmins@somethingawful.com
- deleting your excel sheet of posting enemies
- deleting your excel sheet of posting allies too (no, why do you have that)
- if you are writing something that you suspect is going to attract admin attention and make them talk to me here’s my advice:

HELLO.
CANNOT.

4. THE VIRTUE OF FORGIVENESS!

Goons do be like the CRIME OF REMEMBERING but let’s try to be in a kinder world. I would like to urge:

- less dogpiling of people because they voice a wrong opinion. People can be dumb or acting a little emotional and getting them mad rarely get people on your side!
- less usage of old posts, leper colony entries and opinions to destroy your posting enemy. People’s views change! People grow. I think people grow in general… People change! Just said that. Now obviously if it is (i) somehow related to the matter at hand and/or (ii) very funny for some reason, dear god, it’d be up to the moderation team’s discretion but… yeah try to do less of that!
- be less intimidating! One of the best things about these threads is the cross-forums integration appeal and we want to encourage more of that.

5. RHINO! I WANT TO BE A BIGOT!

Death.

6. LET’S MAKE THIS FORUM MORE SAD DEAD AND GAY!

Yeah I think I wrote that in my slides. That works.

MODERATION TEAM
Mods:
The Saddest Rhino
Nuns with Guns

IKs:
Pablo Nergigante
skeleton warrior

PREVIOUS SAGAS LEGENDS
Thank you to Mia Wasikowska, OP of Vichy Sagas, who did such a good job on their OP that I should just replicate it here. That thread is also a great source of Legends of Something Awful:

The Dark Id saga: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028862&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1562#post538137312

And Summary:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028862&pagenumber=1595&perpage=40&userid=0#post538154079
Just one of the gang. Sagas poster from way back, eh?
Plagiarist dingus, you forgot to find and replace Rhino with Fluff.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kurtofan posted:

You are a financial liability to everyone around you. Give a trusted family member power of attorney and complete control of your finances. Stay away from water.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Kurtofan posted:

yeah quoting from his discord, he used his japanese runaway live-in friend alt saying he harassed the discords mod team

(in case you missed the lore, Silent Dummy/Hikkiari is tdi pretendign to be his japanese best friend)

planning my unfriending of some guy (30s?) by conspiring with my (40 M) fake japanese best friend (15 F)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Obnoxipus posted:

on one hand i'm sorry that you are also dealing with the lovely feelings that come from being lied to

on the other hand if i believed something like that you could not waterboard that info out of me

I'm torn because a lot of people I know were duped in some way. I can understand because it was over such a long period of time with such a low emotional buy in, and I empathize because I know that they're all good people with good caring hearts.

On the other hand what the holy gently caress this is some insane poo poo lmao

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Mar 22, 2024

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it all reads like he was a character in a garth marenghi's darkplace spy spinoff.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I picked a hell of a time to rediscover the sagas thread. :stare:

symbolic posted:

wait hold up a sec didn't he post several times about his dad being abusive and possibly an alcoholic, because uhhhh don't think that's the type of thing you say if you actually had an upbringing like that lol
don’t worry, he destroyed his abusive racist dad with the shun goku satsu to defend the honor of a girl he saved from suicide — who was ASIAN by the way.

Kurtofan posted:

Do you by any chance have to wear a helmet when you go outside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol not really related but from his discord right now