Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

pivot to kamala activated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/hcp/index.html#immunity
[Pestilence] Presumed immune

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Haven't the Bidens and Kamala been infected with covid repeatedly even with the previous precautions?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Shiroc posted:

Haven't the Bidens and Kamala been infected with covid repeatedly even with the previous precautions?

Biden has two officially announced infections iirc. Soon to be more!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is from the middle of last month, but whatever, the thread is slow as molasses moving uphill in the winter now.

Pingui posted:

:cursed:

https://www.inquirer.com/health/paul-offit-tell-me-when-over-covid-vaccine-misinformation-20240218.html posted:

Another mixed message came in August 2021: President Joe Biden promoted booster shots for American adults even though boosters had not been approved by the FDA yet.

A month later, the FDA advisory committee overwhelmingly voted against the recommendation to offer boosters to people under age 65, because there wasn’t enough evidence at the time that an extra dose would improve protection to people of all ages.

The conflicting messages added to public distrust, Offit said.

The FDA began expanding the eligibility for boosters in Nov. 2021, and currently recommends that everyone over age 6 months receive an extra shoot.

Hey Offit, this is literally you continuing to undermine trust by making bad decisions as a part of the FDA advisory committee and then constantly pissing and moaning when those decisions get clowned on.

No one could have seen this coming, certainly not random people on dead comedy fora in July of 2021, before the data from Israel’s booster program, before the Delta slideshow had even been created, let obtained in its final form by The Washington Post.

Platystemon posted:

Pfizer is poised to present data to the FDA, claiming that their booster is safe and effective. The FDA should be poised to scrutinize this data and, if it checks out, grant emergency use authorization.

Instead, they’re releasing highly unusual reactionary joint statements, saying that Americans do not need a booster “at this time”.

Now, maybe EUA will be issued in a matter of weeks. If it is so, patriots can get their boosters immediately. The stocks are already expiring at the local pharmacy.

Yet even if the EUA isn’t delayed by political thumbs, the FDA and CDC have literally just said that the booster is unnecessary. This will depress uptake when it becomes available, hopefully, again, in a matter of weeks, even if at that point they say “oh actually new data says that a booster is entirely necessary. Run out and get one posthaste!” And I would bet heavily against them making such a strong statement.

In short, the administration is trading lives for political gain. I would not have been the first to call it a death cult, but it is not entirely inappropriate.

It was an entirely foreseeable, unforced error, and that was true with public knowledge alone.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Good

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Ngl I'm just thinking it's just them trying to get rid of Biden before the convention starts so they can run somebody different for the election.

On a different topic, they finally caught Max Titers

https://twitter.com/kischober/status/1764885569627201565

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

good i hope biden catches it again and again and again

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
posting some primo early covid art

https://youtu.be/c2lUhNmdXkE?si=I0jYj_Qyo3FsDhY1

my president is trump and my lambo’s blue this 350 thousand dollar sonic is too

no lube so what has issued a correction as of 14:25 on Mar 5, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Speaking of early covid art, I just stumbled over this. Remember when "overnight deep cleaning" was the new hotness?

https://i.imgur.com/4qr375a.mp4

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

Ngl I'm just thinking it's just them trying to get rid of Biden before the convention starts so they can run somebody different for the election.

hmmmm

quote:

Furthermore, HIM [the hyper-vaccinated individual] had no signs of a past SARS-CoV-2 infection, as indicated by repeatedly negative SARS-CoV-2 antigen tests, PCRs and nucleocapsid serology

should i get vaccinated once a week???

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

One of my coworkers says half her child's class is out with "stomach flu"

Jort Fortress
Mar 3, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

217 vaccines. That person must feel like poo poo ALL the time, lol.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Jort Fortress posted:

217 vaccines. That person must feel like poo poo ALL the time, lol.

well actually the paper says that sometime around vaccine number 69, the entity became more vaccine than man, meaning that it's less like the man is feeling lovely from being too vaccinated, and more like the vaccine was feeling lovely from being too humanated

Jort Fortress
Mar 3, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

One of my coworkers says half her child's class is out with "stomach flu"

Everyone is definitely getting sick again. Brain fog abound for the past week, people losing track of what they're saying mid-sentence and asking the same questions repeatedly. Endless throat clearing on calls.

I'm an "architect"/staff engineer for 8 teams and it's been scary watching previously sharp engineers get confused and drop the ball constantly. Even the ones who seemed to not be affected are starting to get foggy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NeonPunk posted:

Looks like success to me

quote:

In summary, our case report shows that SARS-CoV-2 hypervaccination did not lead to adverse events and increased the quantity of spike-specific antibodies and T cells without having a strong positive or negative effect on the intrinsic quality of adaptive immune responses. While we found no signs of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections in HIM to date, it cannot be clarified whether this is causally related to the hypervaccination regimen. Importantly, we do not endorse hypervaccination as a strategy to enhance adaptive immunity.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"While we found no signs of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections in HIM to date, it cannot be clarified whether this is causally related to the hypervaccination regimen."

lol

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Soap Scum posted:

well actually the paper says that sometime around vaccine number 69, the entity became more vaccine than man, meaning that it's less like the man is feeling lovely from being too vaccinated, and more like the vaccine was feeling lovely from being too humanated
Max Titers cannot be stopped

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

217 lmfao, the term 'gigavaxxed' isn't enough here.

Max Titers, the Omnivaxxed

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

NeonPunk posted:

https://x.com/kischober/status/1764885576283505140
We all wish we could be HIM (the Hypervaccinated Individual from Magdeburg)

edit: he was just doing it to sell vaccine cards to anti-vaxers
https://x.com/mjtimber2/status/1765015580824768527

Phlag has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Mar 5, 2024

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol didn't Warren vote to end the emergency declaration

Well yeah, how are you going to create a memorial day if you don't kill a bunch of people?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the range of dates for Max Titers's 217 vaccinations is from about May 2021 to November 2023, which works out to about 1 vaccine every ~4.3 days

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Phlag posted:

We all wish we could be HIM (the Hypervaccinated Individual from Magdeburg)

edit: he was just doing it to sell vaccine cards to anti-vaxers
https://x.com/mjtimber2/status/1765015580824768527

max titers is an antivaxxer lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
HIM

Those who know it can reshape the land. With this syllable one can break free of the bonds of Oblivion.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
Met up with someone last night who learned, today, that they were exposed yesterday afternoon. I had my Aura, she had a mask I didn't recognize (I don't keep track of anything not-Aura). I'm going to use the CPC gargle and take a Blis and hope for the best.

My kid is staying with me for the next few days. I'm hoping that if my colleague had been infected less than 12 hours prior, and I can trust my respirator, I might be ok and they maybe won't have gotten got from me last night? Kid and I were in close contact until school drop-off this morning, almost exactly 12 hours from my exposure. I'mm'a mask and ventilate until my colleague has gone five days with no symptoms (which is also five days for me, so maybe I should just mark day 5 on the calendar and be done with it).

If I hop the kid up on Blis and Iota-Carrageenan spray, that might help even after the fact, yes?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

NeonPunk posted:

Hah! So since everyone is basically huffing covid nearly every drat day now, this is probably mirroring general population antibody response, eh?

I guess on the one hand its good that it seems all 10 antigen tests they ran on him were negative. I'm sure they would have noted if he was a mentally ill habitual masker on top of taking 200+ shots.

On the other hand, even after that much exposure, immunity still wanes - "contraction kinetics subsequently mirrored those of the control group". Sorry folks, no lasting herd immunity.

"In saliva, HIM had detectable anti-spike IgG levels" - how much exposure do you need before this happens and you start secreting anti-spike in your spit? They should test Bolsonaro!

Baddog has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Mar 5, 2024

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Jort Fortress posted:

Everyone is definitely getting sick again.

never stopped

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Jort Fortress posted:

Everyone is definitely getting sick again.

mags posted:

never stopped

not HIM!

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
he's HIM

Jort Fortress
Mar 3, 2005

mags posted:

never stopped

No doubt. But the worst of this year's holiday surge lasted until late January. Now getting a few more people out sick and others looking quite visibly ill on video calls. Which means they had roughly 5-6weeks between waves of illness. Very good and sustainable trajectory we're on!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I really love that people don't seem to be able to sense the pattern of their lives at all, even having lived through several different situations that produced different patterns.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Jort Fortress posted:

No doubt. But the worst of this year's holiday surge lasted until late January. Now getting a few more people out sick and others looking quite visibly ill on video calls. Which means they had roughly 5-6weeks between waves of illness. Very good and sustainable trajectory we're on!

Now the question is it JN.1 reinfections, a new subvariants of JN.1, or some other opportunistic illness taking advantage of weaken immune system? That's the fun figuring it out all on our own!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I hear Flu C is back and it's Mild

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Jort Fortress posted:

everybody walking around like this guy but instead of some random inert gases its just virions

bred
Oct 24, 2008
Flu C! I'm home!

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
Got my titers tested
The result is that I am 100% HIMalayan

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Into the Mild
by Jon Krakauer

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

bred posted:

Flu C! I'm home!

lol

Tachy Ricardo

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Salt Fish posted:

Into the Mild
by Jon Krakauer
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

Hungry Squirrel posted:

Met up with someone last night who learned, today, that they were exposed yesterday afternoon. I had my Aura, she had a mask I didn't recognize (I don't keep track of anything not-Aura). I'm going to use the CPC gargle and take a Blis and hope for the best.

My kid is staying with me for the next few days. I'm hoping that if my colleague had been infected less than 12 hours prior, and I can trust my respirator, I might be ok and they maybe won't have gotten got from me last night? Kid and I were in close contact until school drop-off this morning, almost exactly 12 hours from my exposure. I'mm'a mask and ventilate until my colleague has gone five days with no symptoms (which is also five days for me, so maybe I should just mark day 5 on the calendar and be done with it).

If I hop the kid up on Blis and Iota-Carrageenan spray, that might help even after the fact, yes?

Trust your respirator. It's extremely unlikely she was infective even if she were infected. You were both masking and more importantly you were in an aura. You'll be fine based on that alone.