Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

George Lucas got so pissed off about the beer commercials he sued the ad agency, and won in court, so the commercials could never be aired with star wars again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thats an interesting fact. the commercials are fun. my issue is with the lies. this is how the iraq war happened

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

So this is how advertising dies. To thunderous applause.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

But is the drink even tasty?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I've never seen The Dark Backward before, but it looks like a movie-length version of a '90s video game ad.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

But is the drink even tasty?

According to Wikipedia: Es una cerveza de buen cuerpo, suave, con buena espuma, clara y consistente y su nivel de drinkability es considerado como muy bueno.

Sounds delicious

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Khanstant posted:

Haha Ive only seen this movie so far as the intro and it's really one of the coolest intros to a movie.

agreed. its insane. if you are photosensitive or whatever it is called do not watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL0lNGXoP8E

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Good review! Made me want to recommend my own favorite weird rear end movies. Only doing one though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhwErX-V--A

mystes
May 31, 2006

Tunicate posted:

George Lucas got so pissed off about the beer commercials he sued the ad agency, and won in court, so the commercials could never be aired with star wars again
I'm glad Lucas had such a principled position against modifying Star Wars based on the artistic integrity of the original film

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

thats an interesting fact. the commercials are fun. my issue is with the lies. this is how the iraq war happened

I didn't see anything in the twitter thread sya anything about "skirting laws" though, aside from a comment mentioning the lucas suit? If it's not that, then not sure what you're on about

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the original post said "they did something funny to avoid cutting to commercial breaks" as if the beer commercials were integrated into the movies. nothing legally related but in fairness i did say "or whatever". yeah im choosing to die on this insanely stupid hill

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I'm definitely not going to ever watch krad eht but I'm glad we got to learn some more of Jay's serial killer origin story during the review.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

I'm definitely not going to ever watch krad eht but I'm glad we got to learn some more of Jay's serial killer origin story during the review.

Jay saw Bill Paxton molest an unconscious woman in a garbage dump as a kid and the rest is history

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Good review! Made me want to recommend my own favorite weird rear end movies. Only doing one though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhwErX-V--A

Holy poo poo I thought this was a fever dream when I was a kid

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I am rewatching the Star Trek top5 video and this part never fails to makes me laugh when Rich is explaining leisure time in the Enterprise

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zokari posted:

that's a millennial meme, you're even older than you thought

All Millenials are old enough that they now make sounds when getting out of a chair

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Another Cerveza Cristal has been found.
https://twitter.com/heyitswindy/status/1764848211343057233?t=1EtLFIB1zdMKALiyEMoawA&s=19

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Just when we were about to tear ourselves apart, a miracle drops to unify us once more

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I love this idea that Obi Wan and the Jedi were just raging alcoholics sneaking a beer every chance they got. It's like Auralnauts.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Arc Hammer posted:

I love this idea that Obi Wan and the Jedi were just raging alcoholics sneaking a beer every chance they got. It's like Auralnauts.

Wasn't there a set of Star Wars comics from China or HK in the 70s/80s that were made before the whole Star Wars lore was really all that established that had Kenobi relaxing in his apartment during the Clone Wars, drinking some name-brand whiskey with Anakin?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Tunicate posted:

i wonder if george got some cerveza cristal

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rem Lazar had a Cerveza Cristal in Vietnam

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Kingo Ligma posted:

What a back handed compliment.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Rem Lazar had a Cerveza Cristal in Vietnam

So that's where the story of the Best Beer Run Ever came from.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

might be haram to say this itt but beer sucks rear end. they all taste the same and make you feel like poo poo. and the alcohol content per ounce is low compared to other drinks. the stated purpose of alcohol is to get you drunk and beer isn't even good at that; it'll make you fatter than it will make you tipsy. bullshit drink imo

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Stop drinking Miller, Coors, and Bud and living in somewhere like Utah or Oklahoma where all they can sell is glorified water

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Hackers film 1995 posted:

agreed. its insane. if you are photosensitive or whatever it is called do not watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL0lNGXoP8E

lmao i watched this completely sober in some shop in kansas city. i love gaspar noe

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

George H.W. oval office posted:

Stop drinking Miller, Coors, and Bud and living in somewhere like Utah or Oklahoma where all they can sell is glorified water

3,25 bihtc!!!!!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1763913498382487913

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kalel posted:

might be haram to say this itt but beer sucks rear end. they all taste the same and make you feel like poo poo. and the alcohol content per ounce is low compared to other drinks. the stated purpose of alcohol is to get you drunk and beer isn't even good at that; it'll make you fatter than it will make you tipsy. bullshit drink imo

Beer being as weak as you say would mean Mike is almost always sober in his videos.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

A rare negative review of Madam Web by a noted contrarian

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Beer being as weak as you say would mean Mike is almost always sober in his videos.

A Wisconsinite like Mike probably can't even catch a buzz off beer. It's just to ward off the DTs in the morning.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I like beer but I've also quit drinking and it's been pretty great tbh

Vakal
May 11, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I like beer but I've also quit drinking and it's been pretty great tbh

Hi Jack.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The madame web covers are so confusing. They always look like those stand-in things at theme parks to take a picture with your face on spider woman's body. The actress they chose clearly does not belong in this kind of movie or maybe any movies. She has the face for an insurance ad or being a nuisance parent at Little League soccer, not a Hollywood movie people might see in theatres.

So all the movie posters ens up looking like they photoshopped someone's aunt in as a joke.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I've cut down on drinking, that's way better because it means you can still drink.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Here, have a digital code for Friday the 13th. Redeem it at Paramountmovies.com

PKNZMUA6TES6K8T3

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's funny he hated it because "He Was in the Amazon With My Mom When She Was Researching Spiders Right Before She Died" sounds like a kojima line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Khanstant posted:

The madame web covers are so confusing. They always look like those stand-in things at theme parks to take a picture with your face on spider woman's body. The actress they chose clearly does not belong in this kind of movie or maybe any movies. She has the face for an insurance ad or being a nuisance parent at Little League soccer, not a Hollywood movie people might see in theatres.

So all the movie posters ens up looking like they photoshopped someone's aunt in as a joke.

Nothing hits quite like when goons start claiming that glamorous celebrities are not that hot, actually.