Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1765048704073945342?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

facebook and co are just fine for me.

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.

Aramis posted:

Calling it a cyber-attack is a bit premature, but the outage is very real.

It's those damned Houthis cutting underwater cables!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can facebook stay down forever? Please?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The January 6th trial was scheduled to start this week. :(

I'm sure though after that "expedited" SC review of a done deal at the end of April things will pick back up.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The attack seemed to stop around 11am EST,

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Insta and Facebook have logged me out and won't let me log in, messenger won't send or receive messages or calls

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

fuckingtest posted:

It's those damned Houthis cutting underwater cables!

That is legit a (indirect) candidate atm.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Is this even really happening? YouTube seems fine and I don’t use any of the others.

Yeah. FB is definitely down. I was emailing my husband about the outage and Gmail was acting up too. It could be more of an infrastructure attack than a social media attack though. I could see internet outages affecting voting. Particularly in states that have the ipads to check in like Indiana

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Yeah, someone is hammering the authentication servers for Meta products and logging everyone out. One of my clients who does a lot of Facebook engagement stuff is losing his mind, whereas I'm still happy and safe here on this dead gay forum.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

facebook and co are just fine for me.

Facebook is very much not ok right now

I wouldn't give a poo poo if I wasn't having an important conversation with a good friend when it happened

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

Facebook is very much not ok right now

yeah just checked again. its barely working. loving hope my job isnt hosed up today.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Not a lawyer, but this seems like textbook hearsay. A witness wants to testify that Bradley told him poo poo that Bradley himself refuses to testify to under oath. Seems like “one weird trick” style lawyering.

I think there is a hearsay exception if the person they are hearing it from testifies

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sorry guys, I voted so hard and so many times that the internet went down, my bad

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Reddit is working so they missed a big one

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Toxic Mental posted:

Is that why my internet stopped working at like 1AM last night

Yeah, went down for me three times in about three hours for about five minutes each time. Right around 1 a.m. You're not in Saskatchewan are you?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Waffle House posted:

That meme of the kid with the popping forehead vein is how to post in the modern era.

I always post like I'm taking a strained poo poo.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Reddit is working so they missed a big one

It looked like it had a wobble, but not as pronounced as Meta sites, at least based on the down detector graphs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Can facebook stay down forever? Please?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Disco Pope posted:

It looked like it had a wobble, but not as pronounced as Meta sites, at least based on the down detector graphs.

Discord was down as well briefly this morning.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

it gives me no pleasure to report I still have full access to Microsoft teams

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

kazil posted:

another defense lawyer wants to say Bradley told them all about the Willis/Wade relationship

I don't know why they think this will make anything Bradley said any more credible

Delay delay delay. Look Judge, we found this napkin out in the dumpster that says W+W 2018! Could we push this trial back another couple weeks while we figure out if this is just random garbage or the CLUE THAT PROVES THE WITCHHUNT TOTAL EXONERATION!

It's just a widdle teeny tiny itsy bitsy more time! Pwwweeease?

Thanks in advance,
Team Trump

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Karma Comedian posted:

Insta and Facebook have logged me out and won't let me log in, messenger won't send or receive messages or calls

This for me but I think my life's better for not being able to mindlessly scroll facebook while I'm doing a deuce...

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Squinky v2.0 posted:

it gives me no pleasure to report I still have full access to Microsoft teams

"Microsoft teams, which I do not support, is running fine through the antifa cyber-attack" -- Microsoft

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh no not social media app Valorant

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

acejackson42 posted:

Yeah, went down for me three times in about three hours for about five minutes each time. Right around 1 a.m. You're not in Saskatchewan are you?

No, and thank god for that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Meta looks like it got hit hard but looking at downdetector, a lot of those spikes are 1/100th of meta

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

lol Pokémon Go. They’re literally stopping people from Pokémon Going To The Polls!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

This is such a stupid loving post,did the trump team forget to put ads up anywhere in traditional media and just expected to rely on orange man making GBS threads out truths to campaign?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Lol at Microsoft trying desperately to keep Teams alive there, you can see their panic

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Looks like almost every useful site out there was down for a bit. Whatever kind of attack that was, it hammered everything and I didn't even know that was possible.

Got eight months to get things sorted out, boys, otherwise it won't be good on the day a lot of this is needed the most.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Lol at Microsoft trying desperately to keep Teams alive there, you can see their panic

let it die

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

acejackson42 posted:

Looks like almost every useful site out there was down for a bit. Whatever kind of attack that was, it hammered everything and I didn't even know that was possible.

Got eight months to get things sorted out, boys, otherwise it won't be good on the day a lot of this is needed the most.

But Elden RIng's DLC comes out on June 21st?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This is such a stupid loving post,did the trump team forget to put ads up anywhere in traditional media and just expected to rely on orange man making GBS threads out truths to campaign?

Yes, the campaign is broke.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

acejackson42 posted:

some folks seem to think one of the clouds or etc broke.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

acejackson42 posted:

The internet is a house of card. Its surprisingly easy to break.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

jokes posted:

let it die

From your lips to God's ears, friend

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

I do not like Biden because he isn't doing anything to protect voting rights or privacy or queer rights (and also because he's a doddering old man) but I really want him to win this election because I do not want to potentially be put in some sort of internment camp

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

But Elden RIng's DLC comes out on June 21st?

Well, that reduces the timeline. Three months. That's a lot of work in a short time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

What would be the point of a cyber attack on Super Tuesday? Wouldn't foreign agents want Trump to win?