Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Going a month without getting off is actually pretty easy, even before I started HRT, and I had a sex drive and everything. But then I also had bigger things to care about. Most importantly I didn't deliberately do it, because that's loving weird and it's not like storing my JO energy was gonna make me a fucken Super Saiyan or something. Just nut and get on with it.

I also think people who have a cry about not getting laid in XYZ time are just whiny. It's like they've got nothing better to do than think about their genitals, which is coincidentally probably the reason they aren't getting laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
We're never gonna go back in time. It's fun science fiction but it's not possible- and even if it were, we probably shouldn't.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
There have been plenty of time travelers, but the whole space expanding at random rates thing left them drifting in the cold void

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

John Titor was real and he hosed everything up

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

MrQwerty posted:

John Titor was real and he hosed everything up

that is my favorite weird internet story.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
the moon and its percieved "phases" have absolutely no notable effect on your sleep

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
We are all traveling forward through time, in real time. The lamest time travel ever.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

actualy time travel is real and i use it to poo poo in bathrooms moments before someone else comes to use them

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hey dont blame me. theres no free will i just do this all arbitrarily

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You exist for a blink of time and the vast majority of existence will not feature you in it. Nothing personal.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zugzwang posted:

We are all traveling forward through time, in real time. The lamest time travel ever.
We can time travel arbitrarily forward in time by using relativistic travel. Basically if you apply a specific amount of energy travelling to and from earth for example, you can arrive at a specific time in the earth's future while only experiencing moments.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

in english, egghead

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
its possible to outrun time

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Half a cup of oil, half a cup of sugar, and a spoon of cocoa powder are basically how you make Nutella

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The Management posted:

Half a cup of oil, half a cup of sugar, and a spoon of cocoa powder are basically how you make Nutella

no bc nutella is healthy and made from healthy stuff.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time is a geographic coordinate in Space-Time.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

cumpantry posted:

in english, egghead
If you know how to go really really fast you don't need to wait for the next Madden to be released. You can just go there like it's a place.

syntaxfunction posted:

The "no such thing as free will" is on the same level as "we're all just the universe" in that it's kind of a fun philosophical soundbite but doesn't really have any meaningful application or use.

On one hand if free will doesn't exist in the purest sense then why have laws, but on the other it does lend credence to why, in fact, you are hitting yourself.
Free will is nearly confirmed to be an anthropocentric wish about our ability to control anything at all. The current quantum point of view offers absolutely no pathway for consciousness to affect quantum resolution of universal data points. There's obviously room in a grand unified theory for magic but most evidence for free will is that it feels wrong when you're a consciousness.

The new hotness on the topic of things that make entirely no difference in your life as a consciousness is whether the universe is being played live and every quantum resolution is randomly decided on the spot or the universe is a static timeline of events that appear random to consciousnesses confined by causality.

Joker card: the universe might be the former but our consciousness may be trapped in the latter ex. We may be a holographic artifact in the event horizon of a black hole which is encoding the universe.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
free wil wheaton

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The only long term future humanity has in space is in orbit, in spinning vessels that can replicate 1G. Because without Earth gravity, the Moon, Mars, floating in orbit... they're all dead ends.

And there's no sci fi "artificial gravity" on the horizon. Only by spinning can we replicate the effect, and the radius has to be pretty big to avoid dizziness issues. So big rotating rings.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

redshirt posted:

The only long term future humanity has in space is in orbit, in spinning vessels that can replicate 1G. Because without Earth gravity, the Moon, Mars, floating in orbit... they're all dead ends.

Mars and all other planets have gravity. Sorry if you weren’t ready to hear this.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rocky objects like the moon, mars etc. are the only practical sources of building material for these hypothesized spinning habs op, gotta go there to extract it somehow

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Management posted:

Mars and all other planets have gravity. Sorry if you weren’t ready to hear this.

Mars has .30 of Earth gravity. The moon is like .15

Too low for long term health.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

venus is 0.9g let's live there

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

no wait the fly traps would eat us

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Let me put it in practical terms: there's no proof you can get a boner on Mars.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Is there a nearby planet with way more than earth gravity?

Need to work on my quads.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Sonic the Hedgehog games were always bad :hai:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bitterandtwisted posted:

venus is 0.9g let's live there

Good luck with the whole melting thing!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Rad-daddio posted:

I think Neptune or jupiter are bigger than earth so they might.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Rad-daddio posted:

Head on down to the fair grounds.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
None of the Star wars movies are good. None of them.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jupiter has way more gravity but it's relative, as it doesn't really have a surface you're gonna reach. You'd be liquified long before you got close.

Same with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

As such, Earth gravity is as high as it realistically gets in this solar system.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

zedprime posted:

Head on down to the fair grounds.

Boy this brings back memories. I've never seen anyone give less a gently caress than the Gravitron operator.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we’ll simply relocate yo mamma to the moon to impart earth-like gravity

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Captain Hygiene posted:

yup finally someone with the grapes to speak the truth

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, I've never enjoyed them. Even when it was the only option.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Beefed Owl posted:

The original was called “Star Wars” when I saw it in 1977. I thought it was pretty good, but I was nine. I have the original transfer from laser disk to DVD around here somewhere. I should see if it still holds up from a storytelling point.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

i liked the gamecube one as a kid with the chao raising/battling simulator. that one ruled. the rest suck

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Beefed Owl posted:

only the original, entitiled "Star Wars" is good, standing on its own, as cinema. the rest are mid-to-bad movies/tv shows, and can only be "good" by qualifying them as a "good star wars movie", since they'l;l never be good movies, unqualified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lots of bad and wrong opinions being posting in the truth thread