Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

So what is it? Another kickstarter?

It's the Words of Radiance leatherbound backerkit launch
*edit* I think he killed backerkit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
New secret project! Title reveal March 21

future cosmere. Big lore implications

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fezz posted:

New secret project! Title reveal March 21

future cosmere. Big lore implications

LOL I thought this was a joke post at first wow he really did it, future era and high connectivity...are we finally getting the sixth of the dusk sequel??

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
LMAO we are actually getting another Secret Project

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
There's always another secret project.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Can't wait til he announces another secret project while revealing the title of this secret project

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Someone was able to get a screenshot before it died

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandonsan...nt=share_button

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

let me in brandon

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Thought experiment: If you locked Brandon Sanderson up in a dungeon and told him all he had to do to get out was to not write a novel for three months, would he ever be free again

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

CapnAndy posted:

Thought experiment: If you locked Brandon Sanderson up in a dungeon and told him all he had to do to get out was to not write a novel for three months, would he ever be free again

And he would probably thank you for giving him some time away from any distractions.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

pik_d posted:

Someone was able to get a screenshot before it died

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandonsan...nt=share_button

This is going to sell out within minutes of the site being up. They haven't printed that many copies

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

This is going to sell out within minutes of the site being up. They haven't printed that many copies

There's 50k signed books and a further 4,900 signed and numbered books. I can't see that being sold out in minutes but who knows.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

pik_d posted:

There's 50k signed books and a further 4,900 signed and numbered books. I can't see that being sold out in minutes but who knows.

You underestimate the zeal of Sanderfans.

I do wonder how much his most popular books have sold. Is that information readily available somewhere like box office numbers for movies or do publishers not announce numbers?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

pik_d posted:

Dude is crazy popular, I did not understand until I saw his line at Dragoncon was longer by far than David Tenants at the height of his Doctor Who popularity.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ojjeorago posted:

Thread title imo

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I do want to find everyone who apparently says WoR is their favorite SA book and just ask "why, what is wrong with you". Don't get me wrong, I love it, but Oathbringer exists.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Finally got through it as backer #3173

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Managed to get through for a numbered copy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
#7,696 Here

They passed $3.5M while I was pressing the order buttons.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Got it as well. Up to 3.5m already. Maybe it will break the secret projects record

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Top tier is almost sold out already. I might get the tier with a single radiant pack? No idea what those are

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Top tier is almost sold out already. I might get the tier with a single radiant pack? No idea what those are

Radiant pack is a pin coin charm decal and banner of each type of radiant

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

RC Cola posted:

Stickers, decals, that sort of thing. I went for the $325 tier personally.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

RC Cola posted:

10x Radiant Packs - One of each Order

Zinc alloy spren character pin

Zinc alloy spren coin

Zinc alloy Radiant Order charm set

Radiant Order decal sheet 

Radiant Order banner 

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

The $325 pack seemed like the best choice to me by far, but I also don't care about a numbered book.

*edit* Got backer number # 272, got in about as soon as it started functioning.

big mean giraffe fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 5, 2024

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Backer #11587.

I just went for the secret project box even though I didn't even want a hardcover of the secret project, because I like swag and I love pins. Which is why I then added on the backer pack, the Truthwatcher pack, the complete Radiant spren pin set, and the license plate cover, because I thought that was cool looking.

Also, not surprised that Windrunners are currently way out in first place, and also not surprised that Truthwatchers are in second with the Elsecallers nipping at their heels. Sanderson fans tend to be reserved and bookish sorts of people? You don't say!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ojjeorago posted:

:holymoley:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
They buried the lead in the add-on's section, they have a ton

Including a "Journey Before Destination" license plate cover, did not expect that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

They've already crossed 6million.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
All we need is Sanderson to announce an endgame Cosmere multiplayer spaceship game where you can get out of your ship and do allomancy on Roshar's moons then dance a fortnite jig. Promise everything and Star Citizen will finally be dethroned.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Backed the Leatherbound campaign for Words of Radiance. Missed out on TWoK but I will not miss this one.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Can you get those radiant pack in any other way outside of dropping $250?

edit I see it now. $50
hmmm

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I'm sad that my alarm did not go off this morning. Missed out on the numbered edition.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

M_Gargantua posted:

All we need is Sanderson to announce an endgame Cosmere multiplayer spaceship game where you can get out of your ship and do allomancy on Roshar's moons then dance a fortnite jig. Promise everything and Star Citizen will finally be dethroned.

I want a really low poly Mistborn game like an early PS1 game, idk it just fits the aesthetic. We can't load any more buildings there's too much mist

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Sanderson would teach himself programming and the game would come out in five months

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
They're already nearly through 1/3 of the 50k signed copies.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Well I took that knight radiant quiz again and got the same result, so let's go Willshapers!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Half of Dracula posted:

I want a really low poly Mistborn game like an early PS1 game, idk it just fits the aesthetic. We can't load any more buildings there's too much mist

Silent Hill, turning shortcomings into plot points

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

To celebrate the insane launch, they sent all backers an .STL file. I can't open those, but from the description, it is of... the stick.

It is a stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I wish I had space for stuff like this. I buy everything digital just because my apartment is cramped enough with stuff as is.