Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Luke, I am your lager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

blast from the past, i haven't thought about milk & cheese in years.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Midjack posted:

blast from the past, i haven't thought about milk & cheese in years.

how about reid fleming?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

When Reid Flemming isn't around everybody should be asking "where is Reid Flemming?"

edit: jesus christ the first issue of Reid Flemming was put out 44 years ago :psyduck:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

When Reid Flemming isn't around everybody should be asking "where is Reid Flemming?"

edit: jesus christ the first issue of Reid Flemming was put out 44 years ago :psyduck:

wtf

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

also this is my favorite one

https://x.com/heyitswindy/status/1764829518903026072?s=20

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
if those are fake it doesn't loving matter because they are still absurdly hilarious

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol they’re not, there are posts from the era online about them and the ad won an award

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

CERVEZA CRISTAL

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1764884268621398031

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

problem with those ads trending is that there's no way we wont have brands trying to play this game.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

problem with those ads trending is that there's no way we wont have brands trying to play this game.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the actors didn’t know what was going to happen in that scene when they shot it. so those are genuine screams of delight at seeing an ice cold cerveza crystal

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the actors didn’t know what was going to happen in that scene when they shot it. so those are genuine screams of delight at seeing an ice cold cerveza crystal

that's a common misconception. obviously they had all read the ad copy and enjoyed their ice cold cerveza crystal during meals and rehearsals, they were just not prepared for how ice cold and refreshing the cerveza crystal actually was during that scene!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/socialaskan/status/1765031704073216112

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

there was already tnt or whomever that inserted soda cans into law & order reruns to advertise

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

duz posted:

there was already tnt or whomever that inserted soda cans into law & order reruns to advertise

they’ve been doing this for like fifteen years

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

wtf

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing
no bueno

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah now realize they're doing this on like every modern syndicated show probably and will be going forward. in thirty years they'll air two and a half men with someone using an iphone 45 or whatever

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

don't forget they increase the speed, too, to fit more ads in. it'll be three and a half men

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

they should just decorate the sets with motion tracking symbols and then include the time markers in the metadata so TV stations can run realtime ad auctions as the show is broadcast

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i mean we cant be too far out from a studio selling a show that is filmed entirely with actors in a green screen

then you can update fashions, books, media, anything you want whenever you want and could actually easily do what you suggest lol

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

they already do it for set decorations they haven't finalized at the time of shooting

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

otoh they should all be burned to the ground.

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

otoh they should all be burned to the ground.

post/av combo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i just saw on twitter that the dude hbomb accused of plagiarism, posted a 4-hour suicide video he said was prescheduled and i guess nobodys gotten ahold of him

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

they already do it for set decorations they haven't finalized at the time of shooting

they did it for the costumes in the last avengers movie too

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I saw a video showing evidence that they are now applying visual effects to fuckin behind the scenes footage now.

how long until we get sold the behind the behind the scenes

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

hosed up if true

also they have lasguns and space ships and don't need computers for those either

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

mediaphage posted:

they’ve been doing this for like fifteen years

and it absolutely doesnt work because for product placement to be this aspirational thing, it needs to be the focus, and it needs to be handled by a character people want to emulate.

bag of doritos in the background? ok sure, whatever
indiana jones eating doritos? hell yeah, i also want to eat doritos

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

EricBauman posted:

and it absolutely doesnt work because for product placement to be this aspirational thing, it needs to be the focus, and it needs to be handled by a character people want to emulate.

bag of doritos in the background? ok sure, whatever
indiana jones eating doritos? hell yeah, i also want to eat doritos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol someone added about 50% of this video to Sponsorblock (ironically, I hope)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Readful_Things/status/1765203289144979545

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
it is deeply and profoundly hosed up, to me, that there are people out there who have a "favorite ad". i wonder if these people have a favorite type of cancer.

i suppose it shouldn't be surprising given that so many people in yospos work for various ad companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I unironically love the “whassup” Budweiser ad