Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It’s actually presumptuous and ableist to make food for other people unsolicited, hth

This is kind of extreme, but if you are giving out food as gifts don't make it yourself get some catering and don't take it personally when someone turns it down.

Between allergens and how cavalier some people are with food safety I would not trust any prepared food from random coworkers or casual acquaintances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Cloacamazing! posted:

Back then, seducing enemy officers to steal military secrets still meant something! Now every fool with ChatGPT can do it!

And back then wasn't even that long ago.

https://twitter.com/BethanyAllenEbr/status/1752484534225088664
https://twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/status/1752762526670999806

Christine Fang must be so pissed that ChatGPT basically stole her job.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

MagusofStars posted:

There's a bunch of people in the comments who work/have worked in libraries suggesting that it's a library, because it all fits - regularly getting inventory to sort, running programs, having a union, etc. A few commenters who worked in libraries even said they worked at places with their own version of "Celia"; it's apparently a thing to occasionally have an employee responsible for reshelving poo poo who just doesn't bother to do their job.
Libraries don't get money from sales and programs, at least not directly. The whole thing is a train wreck waiting to happen and I want an update when it does ("My library is losing profits because the one employee who actually made things work is gone, what do?").

Blue Moonlight posted:

Nobody is even asking the important question: did the banana bread have nuts in it?

If it did, he was right to refuse it because it was garbage. If it did not, he should have accepted it due to its inherent quality.
WRONG Walnuts are delicious in any baked good and there are never enough of them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

trickybiscuits posted:

WRONG Walnuts are delicious in any baked good and there are never enough of them.

Nah, I like walnuts in general, but they get in the way of super soft textured stuff like this. With that, the motion to put nuts in banana bread fails by a margin of 1 to 2.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

hawowanlawow posted:

now we're cooking with gas

I think there was some random twitter thing where someone made chilli for her student neighbours who only ever got take-aways. She was accused of being "presumptive", "meddling", "encouraging man-child behaviour" and having a "white saviour complex".

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Oh god no now we're back on the nuts vs. no nuts part of the debate.

WE COVERED ALL THIS MONTHS AGO YOU FOOLS.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

trickybiscuits posted:

Libraries don't get money from sales and programs, at least not directly. The whole thing is a train wreck waiting to happen and I want an update when it does ("My library is losing profits because the one employee who actually made things work is gone, what do?").

:evilbuddy: i use black walnuts in my baked goods

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

deety posted:

How about more inheritance drama?

AITA for not disclosing my will?

Obviously people can leave their poo poo to whoever they want to, but lol at OP for valuing his family legacy so highly while he neglected the kids who had any other caregivers. Oh, the children you were forced to take in are the only ones who care about preserving your traditions? How shocking!

Of course leaving the business 50/50 is probably going to destroy it anyway the first time those siblings disagree, even assuming that one or both of them aren't quietly planning to sell as soon as possible.

At that point he might as well gather up his kids in a room and hand them a grenade, it'll be much faster than the shitfest that will follow op's funeral.

Desert Bus posted:

WE COVERED ALL THIS MONTHS AGO YOU FOOLS.

This thread:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Sanford posted:

My mom is an influencer and I hate her for it

quote:

My mom (f45) has become a facebook influencer, I (f16) used to not care when she took photos but its gotten crazy. Everything she does is now posted or live streamed online. Even if somewhere says don't photograph or film she'd find a way to film it. It was annoying at first but now its downright frustrating especially since 3 months ago when she got really into it. I also completely understand the irony of me posting this on Reddit but I just need someone to hear me out.

Posted August last year.

This is the new Autumn Sonata plot.

Desert Bus posted:

Let's add in a bit of tree nut allergy to the debate as well!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm double posting. Intentionally.

Update: my moms an influencer and I hate her for it (7 days ago)

quote:

A few weeks after the original post I did tried to sit her down. I started to explain to her I didn't want to be posted or predominately featured in her account, minus maybe family photos or major events. I do understand that facebook is important to her and I wouldn't want to stop her, I just wanted to feel more acknowledged by her as a person not another character to live stream or post. She called me ungrateful, that she employs herself to have two jobs to support my wants and she works so hard for me. (Her original job is being employed by my father. He pays all the bills and covers everything, the money she earns is for partially for spending, she still uses his credit card, and to pay off debts. She counts facebook as her second job between all the time it takes, according to my dad it's under minimum wage. He recently started bringing up the fact shes on facebook during her work and it's impacting how much she gets done in the day.) She yelled at me for over 30 minutes and ended with her crying and ordering me away. As not good as it looks most sit downs end up this way, I asked to go to therapy before and it had a similar ending.

For a while she slowed down on photographing food. This was because of my dad telling her to stop, that most of its not worth it and it was getting annoying. When we are eating at a restaurant she takes photos of her own food while making comments how we wont support her by taking photos of our meals and being upset and dramatic over. The habit started picking back up of taking food photos so I started to get dishes that look as unappealing (side of fries, salad of just mixed greens, etc.) just so it's not photographed.

She still posts often and I saw someone comment about doxxing but her page has my town posted along with photos of my house. When she leaves for a trip she posts when she leaves and where she is in the moment (my dad heavily disapproves and thinks it should be posted after we return), it terrifies me just that much is online about me. When she leaves just me and my brother alone I become scared that someone could easily break in.

My brother also started becoming bothered by her, on a trip she posted a video of my brother sleeping which his friends ended up finding. That started ticking him off until he started talking about even though he's fine with filming its the in excess getting to him. He's always been closer to her than I have and I just hope it doesn't affect their future relationship any more than it already has.

I found posts on TikTok and youtube reading out the post and I wanted to address a few frequent comments.

The most frequent one being that people wouldn't be able to handle it and they would toss the phone or try and sabotage one way or another, i appreciate the comments and I got a good laugh out of some of them. But the harsher truth is being in the situation, retaliation is a lot harder especially since I would be put under an unsavory limelight. Along with the fact she carries around two phones, destroying one would to little to nothing while getting me in trouble with both parents.

Another one being divorce. My parents can communicate and divorce is something they both don't want. My dad encourages me to ignore my mom's antics and we both know she loves me and is trying to be a parent, which is a difficult task with little to no instructions. My mom isn't from where I'm from, for all I know it could be a good outlet for her and keeps her connected with her home country and people from where shes from.

Finally I'd want to thank the people who said I was patient but I really am not, I'm just used to it. When it's how you grow up you don't think about it as much even if it bothers you. Giving into her lifestyler is a habit and I plan on living by just trying to stay under the radar.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ilmucche posted:

The banana bread is just the first step down the long road of harassment of this woman wanting to date him. Run dude run.

No, leave the banana bread. I'll take care of that

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

pentyne posted:

This is kind of extreme, but if you are giving out food as gifts don't make it yourself get some catering and don't take it personally when someone turns it down.

Between allergens and how cavalier some people are with food safety I would not trust any prepared food from random coworkers or casual acquaintances.

:pwn:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Look lady, they don’t even let me gently caress the banana bread, and I’m the CEO!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

captainOrbital posted:

I'm double posting. Intentionally.

quote:

and we both know she loves me and is trying to be a parent,

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
kids resolutely believing their parents love them when their parents clearly don't even like them is the saddest thing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

kids resolutely believing their parents love them when their parents clearly don't even like them is the saddest thing

yeah and you can't not as a kid. like i was fed and poo poo but my parents were generally mean racist assholes and yet somehow i was upset when i got disowned

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

Whorelord posted:

I think there was some random twitter thing where someone made chilli for her student neighbours who only ever got take-aways. She was accused of being "presumptive", "meddling", "encouraging man-child behaviour" and having a "white saviour complex".

They also suggested that it had the brush of incest (because she was acting motherly but, inappropriate?) and also part of why it was presumptuous was that she didn’t know if they had bowls and spoons to eat the chili with

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol i'm kinda known on the street for baking things and giving them to the neighbours, people are weird

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

What if he's just not interested in her or the banana bread?

OP 5 days ago:

quote:

How does an rear end in a top hat like him get a girlfriend when I have to be ripped, bench 200 pounds, 6 figure job, Ivy League degree yet I can’t get a single match on bumble?

Pretty sure he's just an rear end in a top hat

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My brother and I both had to shut down our mother posting an event we did during some holiday to Facebook. It was dumb game she saw somewhere, so we had to emulate it. We basically had the sit-down, "Do not post recordings of us online without asking our permission first. The answer will pretty much always be a ''don't'."

The chance that your online presence will cause you harm is far higher than any benefits. I feel so bad for these kids. I'm all for recording memories, but why does the whole world need to be privy to them?

More importantly, Banana Bread owns.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Look man, girls don't give a poo poo about personality: they care about muscles, money, abs, and cash. But how are these abless jokers getting dates? Are the wokes to blame?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mediaphage posted:

lol i'm kinda known on the street for baking things and giving them to the neighbours, people are weird
ten years older and everyone involved would be like "you can't just approach a neighbor and offer them a homecooked meal what if they're criminals and stab you???" but the beating heart of online discourse is kids transcribing what's very clearly their parents' suburbanite chud ideas into liberal or therapy language and coming out with something totally incoherent they're incredibly adamant about

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 5, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DangerDongs posted:

I'm all for recording memories, but why does the whole world need to be privy to them?
Because one day, those ungrateful children will realize that their mother is the protagonist of reality.

mystes
May 31, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

ten years older and everyone involved would be like "you can't just approach a neighbor and offer them a homecooked meal what if they're criminals and stab you???" but the beating heart of online discourse is kids transcribing what's very clearly their parents' suburbanite chud ideas into liberal or therapy language and coming out with something totally incoherent they're incredibly adamant about
that's quite some projection you're doing there

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yeah you're right there's definitely sane progressive reasons chili is a form of assault, and incest, and etc. you're a very insightful and intelligent poster!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

There were a few sentences at the beginning about liberal babies pretending about their chud parents that seem to be missing.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm starting to think that Miltown and Haldol were less pernicious influences on parenting than Instagram and TikTok.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits posted:

Banana bread calls for pecans, you plebe. It should also be eaten warm and slathered with butter. Now I need to buy bananas damnit.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Filox posted:

Banana bread calls for pecans, you plebe. It should also be eaten warm and slathered with butter. Now I need to buy bananas damnit.

i like to toast it then butter

agree on pecans. a superior nut

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

please don't invalidate my lived experience that walnuts suck rear end

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

my lived in experience is that your lived in experience sucks rear end and that walnuts are great!

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

I validate your lived experience. There's nothing so disappointing in baked goods as biting into a nice gooey brownie and finding it's full of gross walnuts landmines.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

captainOrbital posted:

This OP needs to be put in contact with others that had this problem so she can learn the ways to make this stop.

The 2 I remember off the top of my head are wearing hobbies and shirts that say "I do not consent to being filmed, this is being done against my will" or the kid that would start playing Disney songs on their phone to get the videos flagged and taken down.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm the kind of person that appreciates someone asking me first if they can post the picture they just took of me online so having a parent like that would be a loving nightmare.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
I think we can all agree the greatest banana bread criminal is my buddy who asks his wife to put in raisins

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hopes Fall posted:

I think we can all agree the greatest banana bread criminal is my buddy who asks his wife to put in raisins

So when's the divorce?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

banana bread with raisins and pecans would rock, sorry your tongue is bad

i like raisins in breads like that because they're nice and sweet and juicy since they inevitably absorb water from the dough

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dried blueberries would be awesome in banana bread. They're a great ingredient for lots of things!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Hopes Fall posted:

Raisins rule, texture makes everything better, nutless banana bread is for heathens. Enjoy your banana flavored cake mush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hopes Fall posted:

Now that actually sounds good. I think you need to apologize to that friend for baselessly slandering him in front of the entire internet