Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dongicus posted:

they somehow made han joongi even more autistic

He was the most OP party member. Bro was taking 2 turns every round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am playing Klonoa 2 on my Xbox Series X. What a console

are you playing the phantasy reverie version or emulating the og?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So now that The Dark Id is dead, someone should probably let Patreon know, right? That way they don't keep trying to funnel money to a dead man.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mordiceius posted:

So now that The Dark Id is dead, someone should probably let Patreon know, right? That way they don't keep trying to funnel money to a dead man.

looks like that patreon removed lowtax's patreon, but his youtube account is still there

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Hey this is The Dark Id's adoptive gay Japanese daughter or roommate or whatever. Just posting to say that you should not stop contributing to the Patreon, and in fact contribute more. We will use the money to uh honor his legacy.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Dongicus posted:

they somehow made han joongi even more autistic

it seemed impossible to make han joongi more win than in 7, but they did it

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Mordiceius posted:

Lol he did it at the beginning of the month so he got paid before everything burnt down

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i would like to take a second to sincerely thank this thread and imp zone for forcing me to re-evaluate my previous wrongly held indifference towards the yakuza series and its greatness.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i would like to take a second to sincerely thank this thread and imp zone for forcing me to re-evaluate my previous wrongly held indifference towards the yakuza series and its greatness.

Same but with the Steam thread (I think). I tried out Yakuza 0 on a whim, being completely unfamiliar with the series, and ended up getting pretty into it. Now I've got Infinite Wealth wishlisted and I am definitely playing it once I've worked through some more of my backlog.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i picked up the original yakuza in a bargain bin in 2009. absolutely insane experience compared to the rest of the franchise, but hell very funny nowadays to keep hearing kiryu call guys retarded

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

i picked up the original yakuza in a bargain bin in 2009. absolutely insane experience compared to the rest of the franchise, but hell very funny nowadays to keep hearing kiryu call guys retarded

having never heard the original dub, i like to imagine they cast someone to play kiryu with a strong southie boston accent, and you will never convince me otherwise.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

having never heard the original dub, i like to imagine they cast someone to play kiryu with a strong southie boston accent, and you will never convince me otherwise.

its the worlds most autistic sounding tough guy. and hell, i like him better then the new dub voice

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
ten years in the joint

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

its the worlds most autistic sounding tough guy. and hell, i like him better then the new dub voice

"dahnt duh it nishikeee, yah reetahduh!"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

when the yakuza chat resumes, you know that christmas is truly over. thank you TDI. rest easy soldier

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FutureFriend posted:

its the worlds most autistic sounding tough guy

glad TDI actually found work

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

2 Rs... checks out.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmao

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmfao

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

now imagining replacing "Funk Goes On 極" with "shipping up to boston" and laughing all over again.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NoiseAnnoys posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QJZGvIlO-I

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

the tdi poo poo is a little funny i guess. my favorite story of his was when he was "working security" for the olympics in rio and he "shot some people". its somewhere on his twitter

Goddamn. Now there's a name I haven't seen in ages. Thank you TDI for bringing everyone out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hang on… TDI rescued a young Japanese girl and beat up her dad? Sounds familiar…

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

euroshopper posted:

are you playing the phantasy reverie version or emulating the og?

I am playing the rerelease but I probably should play the originals. Especially for Klon 1 because the sprites+3d look is so cool and so specific to that generation

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hang on… TDI rescued a young Japanese girl and beat up her dad? Sounds familiar…

ummm what if this is literally what he based it on like the mr and mrs smith origin story lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Haruka's dance battles in 5 were awesome but I was also kind of hoping to kick ppls rear end with her, legend style

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mycot posted:

And then it became anyone who expresses criticism or disapproval for something.

Sometimes "concern trolling" can be real but it is basically just an accusation that someone is talking in bad faith, which basically always derails any further discussion.

I am an expert on being toxic online and one of the things that reliably causes conversations to turn toxic or hostile is any accusation of bad faith.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Haruka's dance battles in 5 were awesome but I was also kind of hoping to kick ppls rear end with her, legend style

I’m finally almost done with her chapter, just have the princess league finals… pairing her up with Akiyama and splitting the chapter between them was a cool move

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I was always undecided if having to do the same two songs over and over again was annoying, or a realistic depiction of what show business probably involves

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sometimes "concern trolling" can be real but it is basically just an accusation that someone is talking in bad faith, which basically always derails any further discussion.

I am an expert on being toxic online and one of the things that reliably causes conversations to turn toxic or hostile is any accusation of bad faith.

mb you should consider posting in good faith using approved sources then????

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’m finally almost done with her chapter, just have the princess league finals… pairing her up with Akiyama and splitting the chapter between them was a cool move

good luck gamer, ur about to enter one of the coolest parts in the franchise after that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cranappleberry posted:

mb you should consider posting in good faith using approved sources then????

I get that it's a D&D joke but the moment anyone gets accused of not actually sincerely believing what they say, any further discussion is usually pointless and just hostile

This isn't really like online debate club poo poo it applies to a lot of bad culture war arguments too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I was always undecided if having to do the same two songs over and over again was annoying, or a realistic depiction of what show business probably involves

I swear there were more songs to do just running around town challenging random people to a dance battle. Why they kept using the same 2 for the story beats sure was a Decision

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol wow. i never knew. still kinda wish it was a dropkick murphy roadie though.

also lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
like just as an example during the stupid "yellow paint" video game discourse, a lot of people responded to posts about people getting annoyed by yellow paint with "oh, so what, you hate disabled people then???"

and like, no, maybe they're sincerely annoyed at the yellow paint, which is literally what they are saying.

basically the principle of charity isnt just applicable to debate club stuff, is what i mean

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FutureFriend posted:

good luck gamer, ur about to enter one of the coolest parts in the franchise after that

:cheerdoge:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I swear there were more songs to do just running around town challenging random people to a dance battle. Why they kept using the same 2 for the story beats sure was a Decision

There are like 5 different dance battle songs when you challenge people I think. But like 2 for the solo performances lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

like just as an example during the stupid "yellow paint" video game discourse, a lot of people responded to posts about people getting annoyed by yellow paint with "oh, so what, you hate disabled people then???"

and like, no, maybe they're sincerely annoyed at the yellow paint, which is literally what they are saying.

basically the principle of charity isnt just applicable to debate club stuff, is what i mean

People online love to take the worst possible interpretation of what other people say and it’s a big reason why I stopped reading Twitter

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
they saved the other songs for dance battle with the fat girl

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

farewell, octopus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i dont care about yellow paint because i dont care about eating slop from the ubisoft trough