Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

my_custom_username posted:

It's weird because moogles were barely in the OG FF7 at all outside of the very first summon you get and like 2 minigames. Maybe Moogles and 7 just aren't meant to be together

This is true.

My favorite moogles have been the FF14 Moogles. I still need to grind rep for the moogle tribe. I think the FF9 we're good Moogles. They simply need to be asian teddy bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Grey Fox posted:

made me think of Starfield and illegal mechs lol

Imagine mechs being against the law and not openly flaunting mechs on every one of the three planets you own.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Eason the Fifth posted:

a girl i liked in high school liked it so I read it to get laid. somehow it worked

The exception that proves the rule

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I haven't played the mmo FF, but all moogles in the single player games were fine.

anyone got far enough in to see what they did with the enemy who was just a beach babe with some frogs?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Speaking of starfield, did the patches fix any of the underlying issues with the game?

My younger brother uninstalled it off of his xbox so, I haven't played it since a little after launch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fuckt Tupp posted:

moogles and chocobos are overrated as gently caress

tonberrys should be the final fantasy mascot

there’s a tonberry roomba in rebirth and whoever’s idea that was should take over the company imo

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

anyone got far enough in to see what they did with the enemy who was just a beach babe with some frogs?

the what???

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

goth smoking cloves posted:

Speaking of starfield, did the patches fix any of the underlying issues with the game?

My younger brother uninstalled it off of his xbox so, I haven't played it since a little after launch

Lmfao no. The 4 hour video essay I watched this week went into it: only bugfixes, those bugfixes are hailed as QOL which I guess is technically true, mod tools still not released.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765078569523482685?t=Wh0AJVGhVo7hIve664WjZQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765080959194673431?t=SRumUXCYkA-0YRbmf0JVsQ&s=19
Playtesters were asked to vote on what they wanted in the item shop, the list included:
- God of War
- One Piece
- Xena
- Kevin Sorbo's Hercules
- Final Fantasy 7
- Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom
- Halo Wars
- 2 more greek mythology themed collabs

God of War was the highest voted one

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

But there's no getting used to 30fps on an OLED.

Works just fine for me on my OLED? You'll see that ghosting in any game with temporal AA, and it's present in both modes. The performance mode doesn't literally look like an n64 game and that's not what I said. It does look insanely blurry and terrible from 10' even on my 27" monitor though.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lmao @ Kevin Sorbo Hercules

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
please no moogle shaming

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Lmfao no. The 4 hour video essay I watched this week went into it: only bugfixes, those bugfixes are hailed as QOL which I guess is technically true, mod tools still not released.

I knew this would be the answer but still... Jesus loving Christ

I'm not nearly as negative about the game as most people because I still enjoy Bethesda's slop formula but, how in the gently caress did poo poo like the skill tree make it past so many people?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lmao @ Kevin Sorbo Hercules

we are being denied the ability to play as ted raimi!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

we are being denied the ability to play as ted raimi!

okay before i was laughing, but now i am pissed off

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765078569523482685?t=Wh0AJVGhVo7hIve664WjZQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765080959194673431?t=SRumUXCYkA-0YRbmf0JVsQ&s=19
Playtesters were asked to vote on what they wanted in the item shop, the list included:
- God of War
- One Piece
- Xena
- Kevin Sorbo's Hercules
- Final Fantasy 7
- Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom
- Halo Wars
- 2 more greek mythology themed collabs

God of War was the highest voted one

Xena would be cool

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

kevin sorbo enters fortnite to continue his war against the atheist menace

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Make Kevin Sorbo the next skin for Fortnite Festival so the Battle Mode Sorbo can be Hercules and then the unlockable Sorbo can be Warrior of God Sorbo

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hell yeah Hercules

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Peely's Not Dead

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the thread rn:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lucy lawless didn't get weird right I'm not sure I could handle that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

lucy lawless didn't get weird right I'm not sure I could handle that

afaik, no. I haven't really checked since the Ash Vs Evil Dead show tho.

e: she's a kiwi tho so i don't see her becoming like extremely pro-trump in the last ten years, that would be unexpected for sure lol

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Grey Fox posted:

made me think of Starfield and illegal mechs lol

They could have just gone the hard sci-fi route and said walking tanks is just flat out dumb engineering wise.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the last thing I saw lucy lawless in was The Spine of Night and she was p much the only worthwhile thing in that

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

she occasionally tells Kevin Sorbo to stop being a shithead
https://twitter.com/RealLucyLawless/status/1642961004933054464

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Fuckt Tupp posted:

the thread rn:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ted Wassanasong posted:

They could have just gone the hard sci-fi route and said walking tanks is just flat out dumb engineering wise.

if you were gonna make a robot that walks why give it two legs? why not just make it a crab?

Grey Fox posted:

she occasionally tells Kevin Sorbo to stop being a shithead
https://twitter.com/RealLucyLawless/status/1642961004933054464

hell yeah get his rear end, Xena

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

goth smoking cloves posted:

Yeah the last patch added actual characters and things on the map to do

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Kevin Sorbo became the way he is now due to a strokes he sustained during hercules

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

a lot of mech designs are just what if a guy or animal was made of metal. not very practical, not very creative. now if they were designed based on bacteria or protozoa, that'd be something.
a big cylinder bristling with missile launchers shooting cables out to drag itself around
or a big blob oozing out techno goo rotating around
or a snake robot, that could be cool

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I like Lancer's explanation for humanoid mechs which is basically earth went through a long fascist supremacist phase and it was insisted that all mechanical warfare be made in man's image like a laser shooting colossus of rhodes and this went on long enough that the tech just sort of got stuck in that rut

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

a lot of mech designs are just what if a guy or animal was made of metal. not very practical, not very creative. now if they were designed based on bacteria or protozoa, that'd be something.
a big cylinder bristling with missile launchers shooting cables out to drag itself around
or a big blob oozing out techno goo rotating around
or a snake robot, that could be cool

I think that's why I like the Shagohod more than Rex or Ray, starting from kind of an artificially constrained position of "what would the middle step between a Tank and a Metal Gear look like?" freed them from having to create something that fit the typical Mech template.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Giant robots look cool, if you don't like it then you're free to go play with tanks or whatever it is that's practical enough for your sensibilities.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Giant robots look cool, if you don't like it then you're free to go play with tanks or whatever it is that's practical enough for your sensibilities.

??? what a weirdly confrontational response

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

tanks are cool too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
You can think something looks cool and still joke around about how impractical it would be in real life

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The kids are going to love Lucy Lawless

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

??? what a weirdly confrontational response

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Username post combo (but I bet you get that a lot huh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/ironwoodtweets/status/1765093673606472145