Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Cards are toast. It’s over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
To be fair, after 2011, I did think Lawrie was going to be better than Kershaw.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Spencer Strider has a curveball now.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Seems like a guy who does stuff like this would've tried at least a year in Japan or Korea but this guy just quit.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

elentar posted:

Spencer Strider has a curveball now.

Sorry can't hear you over the sonic boom sound of Castellanos launching it into outer space

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

live with fruit posted:

Seems like a guy who does stuff like this would've tried at least a year in Japan or Korea but this guy just quit.

He just refused to not bust it at literally everything his body just fell apart.

It's too bad his 180 slo mo dunk videos seem to have been lost forever

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Cards are toast. It’s over

They'll wiggle their way into contention based on pure bullshit devil magics.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1765017544883097648

Get ready for some of the worst opinions you've ever seen in your life

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
oh god strap in for a wild ride

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

This is pretty cool. I was at trivia last night and there was a catagory for Women in Baseball that I am happy to say I nailed. I forgot Kim Ng was GM of the Marlins but got there via context clues.

This is also how I learned that the word umpire is derived from the Old French word for Arbitration.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Here's some renderings of what the A's fictional stadium won't look like

https://twitter.com/howardstutz/status/1765108304152560111

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lmao some architect student from Sydney did that I'm sure

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So it's a giant greenhouse in the middle of the desert with a huge screen arching over the field?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If there's room for all that bullshit on top then why would you not just build a fully retractable roof for your baseball stadium in the middle of the loving desert?

The answer of course is that there's not enough room for all that poo poo, the land parcel is tiny as hell but everybody's pretending that's just not a problem because they see dollar signs at the idea of putting it on the strip.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Instead of a retractable roof, make it a dome that pops off with a fleet of helicopters plopping it down in lake mead when its not too warm out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sure they'll build a stadium with absolutely no left field seating

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

no batter's eye, no bullpens, no lights (maybe they'll use the roof screen as lights??)

very real renderings

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/howardstutz/status/1765124555574853789

A mythical largest ever cable net glass wall. Ya ok.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

bawfuls posted:

Here's some renderings of what the A's fictional stadium won't look like

https://twitter.com/howardstutz/status/1765108304152560111

Seems to me that even if there's adequate sun protection that the air wouldn't have a good chance to flow through and circulate, making it pretty stuffy in addition to just looking like a few terrible ideas mashed together.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Who the hell is Zack Gelof

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Fanatics really not even trying anymore.

Can't even start wrapping my head around how the fake statue of liberty looks that big from home plate when it looks like this from across the street.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Looks like Aussie Goatse

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I love that they're using the New York, New York as a faux skyline. No one'll know the difference.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The main way you can tell it's bullshit is that the stands are full

I just realized how much I'm going to miss Oakland's crazy bullpen down the line setup and enormous foul territory

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Texas Rangers ballpark concept art vs final product

By all means, As--make whatever the gently caress that is. I can't wait.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Also pretty sure there is not physically enough space on the site they have "secured" for that stadium as shown

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

They'll wiggle their way into contention based on pure bullshit devil magics.

Led by 17th round pick turned star Clem Ruckshuckle

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

which was the concept art where the ballpark was basically on a giant grass pyramid? that was a good one

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The cardinals barely want to play the exciting prospects they do have, all the devil magic got used up getting pujols to 700. They’re happy to just be the equivalent of a radio station playing bumpers that talk about The Good Old Days.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hungry hungry caterpillar rear end stadium

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

:getin:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Also pretty sure there is not physically enough space on the site they have "secured" for that stadium as shown

They need most of the space for foul territory, to keep that colosseum feel.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Yeah they are highlighting the view out of left field as a selling point for the stadium but in reality that view in any stadium located at the SE corner of the tropicana lot will be completely obstructed by the current Tropicana hotel / new Ballys hotel - assuming Ballys isn't functionally bankrupt and actually knocks down the Tropicana and builds something else there as they claim they will. On a related note I don't think you could have a giant window there in reality because the sunlight would reflect off of the windows / glass curtain wall of the ballys property and be a major nuisance in during any day game in my estimation..

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://x.com/samblum3/status/1765151544130076979?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

What a pain in the dick

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

mdemone was witnessed running from the scene

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He’ll be out til June.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is pretty cool. I was at trivia last night and there was a catagory for Women in Baseball that I am happy to say I nailed. I forgot Kim Ng was GM of the Marlins but got there via context clues.

This is also how I learned that the word umpire is derived from the Old French word for Arbitration.

As a man who runs an independent weekly bar trivia night that I try to make approachable for casuals but hard enough to be competitive, drat that trivia sounds hard. What’s the context?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

DeepDickPizza posted:

As a man who runs an independent weekly bar trivia night that I try to make approachable for casuals but hard enough to be competitive, drat that trivia sounds hard. What’s the context?

All the categories were themed for International Women's Month. That category was just simply Women in Baseball. They even had a question referencing a lady knuckleballer but it wasn't Yoshida.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

What a tremendous loss to Oakland if the A's leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Poque posted:

He’ll be out til 2025.
FTFY