Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Looking forward to execs trying to understand the popularity of helldivers 2 before concluding something like “gamers love the flexibility of the battlepass”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1765037388437520778?t=I5iMQKxXCu4Q_3u0MgAnlg&s=19

Suicide Squad was a disappointment to WB, and they're learning from this by investing in....let's see my notes here...more live service games.

wtf are those weasels

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's what AI thinks gamers look like.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They've come a long way...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Owl Inspector posted:

Looking forward to execs trying to understand the popularity of helldivers 2 before concluding something like “gamers love the flexibility of the battlepass”

i think they all realistically understand that the primary ingredient in a smash success is that the game is fun, but "our five year Business Strategy is to make fun games" is not a saleable concept to investors and shareholders who are primarily concerned over the profitability of market trends that they see making money elsewhere

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1765037388437520778?t=I5iMQKxXCu4Q_3u0MgAnlg&s=19

Suicide Squad was a disappointment to WB, and they're learning from this by investing in....let's see my notes here...more live service games.

It feels like WB is just a tax scam at this point. They keep making really strange decisions across all their different departments.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WB got new leadership around the same time they bought HBO, its been downhill since.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
New leadership who has figured out how to burn their library and reputation for quick cash. This is the David Zaslav who has made such brilliant decisions as retiring the HBO name and throwing away completed movies for a tax writeoff

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In an ideal world writing off something for a quick payout like WB has been doing should put that thing in the public domain.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

In an ideal world writing off something for a quick payout like WB has been doing should put that thing in the public domain.

I pray for the day that Babylon 5 gets released from its prison.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Contra: Operation Galuga isn't due for another week but the soundtrack's been starting to show up online and it's pretty good,

Most of the tracks go for a Metal Gear-esque orchestra vibe, which isn't surprising as one of the composers worked on MGS stuff before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUIq4UG_tJo

But there's also a set of alternate tracks done by the Konami Kukeiha Club that push towards aggressive electronic, which I kinda like more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUXktzLaq4k

Should I bother making a thread about the game/series when it hits? I think I might be the only person that gives a poo poo about Contra in any capacity.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol there is a youtube channel where a guy fights Iris in megaman x every day until he gets a girlfriend. Currently on day 405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkKpFMzOesk

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

wtf are those weasels

you get those if someone trades a porg to you

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ChickenHeart posted:

Should I bother making a thread about the game/series when it hits? I think I might be the only person that gives a poo poo about Contra in any capacity.

That's definitely not true but also I'm someone who was burned by the last disaster and will definitely not step in that bear trap twice. Someone else can be the stick to poke it with on launch day.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If I was Contra i would stick to the old 90s artstyle because it's distinctive and it rules

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They can't do that without getting sued anymore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:justpost:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Jay Rust posted:

If I was Contra i would stick to the old 90s artstyle because it's distinctive and it rules

ContraOG's artstyle is so aggressively-generic its practically mind-boggling. I've shown the demo to friends who initially thought the game was some kind of mobile port, it's that bad (gameplay's good tho).

Good lord, Wayforward, you could have cribbed off Shattered Soldier or Hard Corps and it would've looked amazing in 3D!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

lol there is a youtube channel where a guy fights Iris in megaman x every day until he gets a girlfriend. Currently on day 405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkKpFMzOesk

Dudes rock

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

It feels like WB is just a tax scam at this point. They keep making really strange decisions across all their different departments.

The lesson they took from Suicide Squad isn't to not shove live service stuff in games that don't need it, it's that making AAA console games is a volatile market with big budgets for a game people pay for once, so why not go into the definitely less volatile F2P and mobile market, where the budgets are lower and the whales are plenty

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

ChickenHeart posted:

Please do. Forums would be a lot cooler if more people effort posted their favorite series.

I've beat the first NES one but the mode 7 and DS ones never grabbed me. I'm down to read about what the series has been up to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1764966484273402110?t=_B90aZGyneNEZ47ICoZmHw&s=19

Our Jurassic Park game is going to sidestep dinosaurs

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's still got the big worms though. thats what matters

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dune? Well how about just Sand Dunes, and you can shoot and there are tremor worms.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Shoulda been a snake like, as I said.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Does it at least have a gross Harkonnen?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"We're also adding in computers, cause we think this universe should have computers"

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i do not care, that the dune survival game is not gonna be about religion

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

stev posted:

Does it at least have a gross Harkonnen?

They've been modernized to House Kardashian.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"We're making a Dune game!" "Oh wow. How do you intend to include all the distinctive unique features of the Dune setting?" "We have sand!" "... and?" "SAND!"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

they should bring back House Ordos

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Naming the Season Pass the GaaS Jabbar

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"What's in the box?"

"Loot"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

haveblue posted:

"What's in the box?"

"Loot"

:perfect:

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

WaltherFeng posted:

No and that's probably out of the question at this point. You can smooth it out by setting motion blur to 1 or 2 but outside battles you get frame dips.

Then I guess we should expect them to fix the new remake either… I just played FF16 in quality mode because of it. Performance was trash, inconsistent frame rate with terrible graphics.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1764966484273402110

The more I hear about this game, the more it sounds like it's just using the Dune name and that's it. For all intents and purposes its a totally different sci-fi universe.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it'll be a generic laser gun shooter set in the desert but they'll have some cgi renditions of whatever the big setpieces in the movie were

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Being able to see a bit into the future could be a cool mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it's called quickloading and it's existed since 1988