Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

joe manchin was enough to kill that bipartisan vote on the fillibuster but sinema realllly wanted to gently caress herself over.

Yup. She could’ve been quiet and had a job for life. But that’s not her nature.

Sometimes the people who dress like, “Hey! Look at me!” it’s like a signal to everyone else, “WARNING! DANGER! STAY AWAY!” like some kind of poisonous frog.

See also: Trump, Donald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
"If the evidence doesn't agree with me then that's actually evidence that there's a coverup and I'm right" has got to be one of the most infuriating aspects of modern politics.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Mudlark posted:

I know IQ is a loving pseudo-science racist dogwhistle but goddamn the average American is so far to the left of literally any intellectual bell-curve that space time distorts and forms itself into a hamburger. Lord almighty. :psyduck:

surrender all logic and accept that Obama, Trump, and Biden are simultaneously president

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1764408984180506708

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/knockoff-bags-spotted-being-sold-at-lara-trumps-mar-a-lago-charity-event-again

They were selling handbag knock-offs at the weird Mar-a-Lago dog auction.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Durf posted:

surrender all logic and accept that Obama, Trump, and Biden are simultaneously president

https://i.imgur.com/9bOOK5J.mp4

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

joe manchin was enough to kill that bipartisan vote on the fillibuster but sinema realllly wanted to gently caress herself over.

I've said it before: Manchin was an obstructionist piece of poo poo, but he was better for this country in that WV senator seat than whatever miner-killing coal executive republicans would send. Sinema was worse because we could have had someone who wasn't complete human garbage instead.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Random Stranger posted:

I've said it before: Manchin was an obstructionist piece of poo poo, but he was better for this country in that WV senator seat than whatever miner-killing coal executive republicans would send. Sinema was worse because we could have had someone who wasn't complete human garbage instead.

yeah at least Manchin was where he was when he was and did some stuff, Sinema was completely loving worthless

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Sometimes the people who dress like, “Hey! Look at me!” it’s like a signal to everyone else, “WARNING! DANGER! STAY AWAY!” like some kind of poisonous frog.

See also: Trump, Donald

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well I'm weirdly surprised that Sinema was smart enough to actually be able to read the writing on the wall and bailed the gently caress out. I thought for sure she was either ignorant, arrogant, or delusional enough to think she could hold onto her seat.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

heard an interview with a 1st gen mexican immigrant (who came as undocumented during reagan era, and was then granted amnesty) she said she would vote for trump to keep "the immigrants out"

interviewer says, but you were an undocumented immigrant??

she says: well these immigrants crossing the border now aren't mexican, they're from sourth america and they're dangerous

long story short, ladder-pullers are selfish assholes who are full of poo poo

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Good luck burning bridges in the private sector, Sinema!

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Durf posted:

...okay less hamburger, more entire combo meal with extra-large fountain drink and fries :psyduck: :psyduck:

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Durf posted:

Cults are loving terrifying

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Buce posted:

heard an interview with a 1st gen mexican immigrant (who came as undocumented during reagan era, and was then granted amnesty) she said she would vote for trump to keep "the immigrants out"

interviewer says, but you were an undocumented immigrant??

she says: well these immigrants crossing the border now aren't mexican, they're from sourth america and they're dangerous

Yep the mexicans living the USA that vote for republicans are the perfect marks for having their faces eaten off.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol::lol::lol:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Durf posted:

Honestly Obama somehow controlling the country from his basement lair like he’s Xanatos sounds way cooler than reality

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Boomers are amazing at getting people to argue.
It's from watching a poo poo ton of sitcoms where it's all just just actors turning mundane inconvenience into apocalypses

"You have any insight on the people on the ballot."
Answer Yes - all of sudden 'what do you think about this or that."
Answer No - Well why not? did you vote?!

I got out of it by asking "Are you talking about the judges?"
And yeah they were.

But that abstract "people on the ballot" - Is just a perfect question to miss-understand and piss people off.
It's the only thing boomers are good at.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 5, 2024

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Almost there... almost theeeere...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Yep the mexicans living the USA that vote for republicans are the perfect marks for having their faces eaten off.

New Mexicans are real bad.

The Puebloans should have done what they had the opportunity to do.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Well I'm weirdly surprised that Sinema was smart enough to actually be able to read the writing on the wall and bailed the gently caress out. I thought for sure she was either ignorant, arrogant, or delusional enough to think she could hold onto her seat.

Even if she couldn't hold onto her seat, she could have stayed in the race to act as a spoiler and/or ruin whichever party's chances depending on whoever the gently caress is still supporting her.

The fact that she's leaving now means she's definitively locked up some board position or whatever other grift she needed to make enough money to retire on.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
e; thread moves fast

:byewhore:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/05/us/politics/kyrsten-sinema-arizona-senate.html

quote:

Senator Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona said on Tuesday that she would not seek re-election, ending more than a year of speculation about her political future and clearing the race for a traditional matchup between the eventual Democratic and Republican nominees.

“Because I choose civility, understanding, listening, working together to get stuff done, I will leave the Senate at the end of this year,” she said in a video announcement.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I was kinda hoping she'd lose her election at 1% or something

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Its our fault we cant see Sinema's enlightened centrism as genius.

quote:

"Despite modernizing our infrastructure, ensuring clean water, delivering good jobs and safer communities, Americans still choose to retreat farther to their partisan corners," Sinema said. "These solutions are considered failures, either because they’re too much or not nearly enough."

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Oh fun, now Musk isn't the only game in town, there is officially a politically incorrect EV chudmobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGAZkn11hcw&t=228s

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

How do you compromise with a fascist that wants to imprison and kill you?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Durf posted:

This is every single Trump voter I've ever interacted with. They are all this loving stupid. Everybody reading this knows that but it still just makes my head spin at how utterly loving deplorable they all are. Just imagine buzzing around all day with those kinds of thoughts in your head.

"loving Obama! Biden's puppet master letting illegal immigrants taking our jobs and raising our the gas prices. If Trump weren't our the President this would be so much worser. God bless Trump for being our President in such a dire times I swear because Biden's presidency is worse than I would have imagined! And these caravans Obama is letting in. Don't get me started on Taylor Swift. She's are the President too!"

Just absolutely NOTHING between those ears.

:suicide:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

MrQwerty posted:

there are new mexicans who inherited new mexican land grants who vote MAGA, hate immigrants, hate welfare, hate any kind of government handouts at all, and insist they are SPANIARDS and get real fuckin mad at the hint of anyone calling them a mexican op

I've posted about her before, but I work with a woman whose family immigrated from India. She loves trump, says he's "chosen by God", and hates immigrants because "I came here the RIGHT WAY why don't they seek asylum if it's so bad?"

Completely out of touch with reality, and FUGM personified.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

They can imprison the poor and those who say mean things about her, while she can relax in luxury instead.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lmao enjoy your lobbyist job i guess.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I've posted about her before, but I work with a woman whose family immigrated from India. She loves trump, says he's "chosen by God", and hates immigrants because "I came here the RIGHT WAY why don't they seek asylum if it's so bad?"

I don't even think it can be a complete "gently caress you got mine," because that has a sense of self preservation.
Saying that, trump was chosen by god, and ignoring that his army of fan boys would kill her, is American Propaganda brain worms.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol more charges for Menendez

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The problem with New Mexicans is that they exist through a series of unfortunate consequences, got government handouts, and they poo poo on natives for getting "handouts" (living on reservations), poo poo on immigrants (MEXICANS), and think the hand that feeds them has infinite bites

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Oh fun, now Musk isn't the only game in town, there is officially a politically incorrect EV chudmobile.

lol look at the comments. The people that being politically incorrect is intended to appeal to are children who don't want a car that doesn't go vroom vroom. There's no market for this.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

"If the evidence doesn't agree with me then that's actually evidence that there's a coverup and I'm right" has got to be one of the most infuriating aspects of modern politics.

It's not even hard to uncover actual conspiracies and the cover ups are always pretty weak and none of these guy ever have anything interesting to say. Just whatever their buddy told them while they were doing their own research on Facebook.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

well if you're a chud you try and join them, lick their boots, and pray they never kill you too (they will).

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

A Dodge without their poo poo transmissions, rear ends, and leaky motors? They just may end up making a decent vehicle.

I won't buy one, but competition is good for the consumer.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
The most woke car thing is walkable cities.

But if you're are a real car person, and not some Car Brand / American Brand advertising brain
then you want this car Ideas to be popular (not the car or the brand itself, just its ideas)
This is the automobile purity test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aTzuUrdyIc

In the review, the person asks, "how fast does it go, zero to 60."
the creator's answer was "you don't care."

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 5, 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Almost there... almost theeeere...

Everything is either goatse or loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolidayDrunk
Dec 31, 2023

Buce posted:

I mentioned this before but that's some of my own family. Desperate for acceptance in the USA, after carving out a living here in a hostile place, they adopt the prejudices of the white majority. How much of that is performative to fit in vs. actual selfishness & malice towards people who could've been them, I can't say - I figure it's a case by case thing. I remember seeing a poll in 2020 that said around 20% of Latino voters went for the orange guy, and that lines up with my personal experience.