Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

I refuse to believe this strip has a human writing for it anymore.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

I always love accusations of sanctimony from the people who'd probably kick a homeless man to death if they got the opportunity

Libs focus on inclusive language but don't act to solve the problem I say as I call the cops about a dude sitting outside Starbucks too long

It's uh kind of a leap from saying that the right generally does not care about homeless people, which is probably true, to saying they would love to kick a homeless man to death

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Been admitted relatively recently on the uk

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/21/uk-water-firms-admit-using-divining-rods-to-find-leaks-and-pipes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The king believes in homeopathy and the water companies pipe poo poo and piss into all the rivers under emergency storm surge powers though, so that's probably just part of the overall retvrn to 1820 program.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Doomykins posted:

I refuse to believe this strip has a human writing for it any more.

If you told me PC is now being written by AI, I'd believe it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Jeremy Hunt’s upcoming budget – The chancellor is hemmed in by debt, recession, Office for Budget Responsibility forecasts and the legacy of Liz Truss"

Telegraph:

Germany spills British military secrets to Russia After Fougasse.

Matt:

Police solve no burglaries in half of the country

Times:

Donald Trump can run for presidential election, Supreme Court rules

Evening Standard:

Super Tuesday in US as voters grumble over choice between Joe Biden and Donald Trump

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Eh, the Supreme Court didn't exactly say that Trump could run even if that was the effect in practice. I agree that only the federal government can declare it someone illegible even if they won't for reasons. They made a lot of effort to ignore everything else about the question.

I can't believe Ramirez reads news from other countries honestly.

Guavanaut posted:

The king believes in homeopathy and the water companies pipe poo poo and piss into all the rivers under emergency storm surge powers though, so that's probably just part of the overall retvrn to 1820 program.

Please tell me his belief in homeopathy will result in cancer killing him.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's looking increasingly probable.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I finally figured out what the Times' Trump caricature reminds me of. He looks like the goblins from the Rankin and Bass The Hobbit :

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Phlegmish posted:

It's uh kind of a leap from saying that the right generally does not care about homeless people, which is probably true, to saying they would love to kick a homeless man to death

More like a tiny hop from what I've seen but I'll take the feedback

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Phlegmish posted:

yes, that's what the UK Tories would do, maybe in a drunken group like their good old university days. the US right would probably just shoot him

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Opposition reshuffles shadow ministry after underwhelming Dunkley byelection result (Guardian). The three S'es in HMASSS are due to Sussan Ley who did that to herself that to fix her numerology.

Katauskas:

Golding:

Extinction Rebellion climate activists jailed for disrupting West Gate Bridge traffic in Melbourne (ABC).

Wilcox:

Downes:

The new Tasmanian AFL team will be the Devils, the bird is the Tasmanian nativehen.

Spooner:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is the first time I’ve seen an anti-nuclear power take that is “It’s not economically feasible!”

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Pants Donkey posted:

This is the first time I’ve seen an anti-nuclear power take that is “It’s not economically feasible!”

Weird. I've heard that a lot, probably as the biggest objection to nuclear power among people I read. It requires a ton of up front costs that will take a long time to recoup (according to them, haven't double checked their analysis)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
hmmm well if profits not immediate then why do anything

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nice try but the actual terrible unnecessary new euphemism is "unhoused".

Kaza42 posted:

Weird. I've heard that a lot, probably as the biggest objection to nuclear power among people I read. It requires a ton of up front costs that will take a long time to recoup (according to them, haven't double checked their analysis)

It's almost like there are reasons other than pure economic efficiency that drive pro-nuclear advocates. Hmm, wonder what those might be. Oh well, don't care. Number must always go up!

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 6, 2024

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

It's also not that the profits aren't immediate (also lol if you think the Coalition plan isn't giving massive government subsidies to their energy mates), it's that any reactors won't be operational in Australia until at least 2040 if we're pushing it. And that's assuming the SMR eventually exists in time, and we start planning now and not spend another decade "having the discussion".

The background behind all of this is the Coalition never had an coherent energy policy for the entire decade they were in government, constantly kicking the can while gushing about coal, and now they are out and the new government is rolling out renewables suddenly they are all "wait why aren't we talking about nuclear?"

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Australian Sailors are learning how to run nuke plants from our Navy for the future Aussie fast attack boats. Nuclear Navy workforce is a real stock of smart, hardworking, and extremely depressed workers to live a solid middle class life. Makes sense to build your own plants to put them to work eventually

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

They better get on that plan quick then because they sure haven't done a drat thing for it yet

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

CRY ME A RIVER
Cartoon published 03/05/2024

The Supreme Court unanimously ruled that States have no authority to remove Donald Trump from the 2024 presidential ballot. Democrats in charge of ballots in blue states wanted to delete Trump with the thin claim that he was disqualified due to his role in the January 6 Capitol ‘insurrection.’

There was no insurrection just as there was no Trump/Russia collusion. The Democrats are desperate to keep Trump from his rightful place as president and will pull any dirty trick to keep Biden in office. When the Democrats media personalities heard of the unanimous, 9-0 ruling in Trump’s favor, they went off the rails. We were surprised they didn’t accuse the Supreme Court as being compromised by Putin, but they almost went that far.

Please Donate and support Ben and Tina’s Cartoons through Pay Pal

Keith Olbermann in particular was especially triggered. He called for the Supreme Court to be “dissolved.” When someone on ‘X,’ told him to ‘cry more, 9-0′. Olbermann replied, “They aren’t tears, fascist. They’re urine. I’m sure you enjoy being bathed in it.” Keith crys pee from his eyeballs? Well, okay.

GrrrGraphics AI
The Democrats are constantly calling conservatives names. “Racist!” “Bigot!” “Fascist!” “Sexist!” “Anti-Semitic!” Jake Tapper uses the latter a lot., but he flubbed up when describing Trump after the ruling. He said Trump was in charge of “the erection.” He meant to say insurrection perhaps…but maybe it was a Freudian slip on his part.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold reacted to the ruling by saying, “My larger reaction is disappointment. I do believe that states should be able under our Constitution to bar oath-breaking insurrectionists.” The problem is there was no insurrection and Trump was never convicted of running it. Griswold and her comrades in other blue states simply reacted based on their Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Other media talking heads also denounced the Supreme Court. Rachel Maddow and Morning Joe behaved like spoiled brats who didn’t get their way. It’s almost as if they’re willing to destroy the third branch of democracy to protect their gaslighting about Trump.

Like Ben’s Cartoons? Buy Ben A Virtual ‘Coffee’ Mmmmmm
Click to serve up a hot cup!

Representative Jamie Raskin often wears silly doo rags and he wants to undermine our democracy, er, The Supreme Court, by crafting a bill that reverses their unanimous decision. He wants Trump off ballots to protect democracy by preventing voters from having a choice. What a farce.

Meanwhile, Trump is enjoying riding on their river of tears.

— Ben Garrison

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jesus like did any major Democrat actually really think the Colorado ban would work? These guys will take a victory lap for anything.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
The conservative ideology is little more than spite at this point

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Murdstone posted:

Jesus like did any major Democrat actually really think the Colorado ban would work? These guys will take a victory lap for anything.
I imagine people were expecting a 6-3 or 5-4 decision, so yeah they’re going to spike the ball on a 9-0

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:drat:

Kellies nomination: best overall

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

The above two cartoons are very confusing in light of the recent Supreme Court ruling. Or, at least, poorly timed.

Jeff Stahler

Carbon. Next question.

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Phil Hands

Randall Enos

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

1) dude clearly gets off on being a ghoul

2) dude doesn't remember Trump's inconsistency on One China/Taiwan independence

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I would honestly love to hear Trump try to summarize the relationship between China and Taiwan. Just a neutral description of what’s been going on there.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I see Dry Bones is an accelerationst in a way that accelerates as many people as possible into the loving ground.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Kirschen just loves war and genocide.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Electoral Dysfunction

Ted Rall posted:

Finding it hard to get excited about your next date with democracy? You may be suffering from Electoral Dysfunction.

First Dog on the Moon: Is Kylie Minogue doing a shoey the most Australian thing of all time?

Kylie Minogue was named a 'global icon'. Then she was asked to drink beer from a shoe (SBS).

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I imagine people were expecting a 6-3 or 5-4 decision, so yeah they’re going to spike the ball on a 9-0

Which is weird to me, because the way I figured it (and what ended up being the case) was that the Republican judges would side with allowing Trump in because... well, Trump, and the Democrat judges would allow him on because giving Republican-controlled states the ability to kick their political opponents off of ballots by saying "We think they did an insurrection" would kill democracy in the US. Like, 9-0 or 8-1 seemed like it was the most likely outcomes just by dint of "Both sides came to the same decision for completely opposite reasons".

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies nomination: Laziest non-Gorrell

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the_steve posted:

Monte Wolverton is the guy who loooooooooovvvvvvveeeeeessss Death

Monte Wolverton is the son of Basil Wolverton, known from the early days of MAD magazine for grotesque caricature like this:

Later he became a born again Christian and stopped drawing weird faces.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

Monte Wolverton is the son of Basil Wolverton, known from the early days of MAD magazine for grotesque caricature like this:

Later he became a born again Christian and stopped drawing weird faces.

He also drew for regular funny papers. The stories kinda stand out.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Crenshaw, I have returned in another form to continue my work

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Getting pretty tired of absolutely loving everyone in the media perpetuating the myth that the President has much of anything to do with the economy

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
To be fair there are a lot of things the President can do to royally gently caress the economy, particularly using international law; it's just not relevant to anything any of them have done other than Trump.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the council budget cuts in Birmingham – Europe’s largest local authority has declared itself effectively bankrupt and is trying to make £300m of cuts" After the shopping area.

Telegraph:

Church of England told to raise £1bn to ‘address past wrongs of slavery’, I guess? After Raeburn.

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Budget 2024 LIVE: Chancellor has ‘national credit card maxed out’ amid 70-year high tax burden, Labour says

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
That’s a drat funny Collin’s.
I’m sure it’s some kinda mood for the folks living in Brexit, but it’s pretty funny.