Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hey! I did not order the battle-damaged Mega Man :smith:

Looks like somebody hosed up at the factory, put a big slice across the chest and then they tried to just paint over it.

I have emailed BBTS with the pic attached, and hopefully they will send me a new one.

Oof, thats pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BBTS is really good about that stuff, if they have extras.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
G.I. Joe Classified Series #112, Clutch with VAMP has had it's release date changed.

To next week!

The 12th specifically.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BBTS will absolutely send you a new one. And let you keep that one. It's why I have two deku AY's. Now one is (WIP) gonna be emo deku.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Someone owes you a free Cut Man.
Ha!

CelticPredator posted:

BBTS will absolutely send you a new one. And let you keep that one. It's why I have two deku AY's. Now one is (WIP) gonna be emo deku.
I was thinking about this, and if they do let me keep the damaged one, I will probably one day patch it up and give it a fancy paint job.

It wasn't all bad news today from BBTS. My pile of loot also included some great stuff such as this very large guy and very small guy:

It amuses me that they are actually roughly the same scale.

Aracagorr is fantastic, and photos hardly do him justice. Here he is pondering the beloved childhood toy he reminds me of:

Edit:
The wizard is good too, but gets kinda ridiculously outclassed by the dragon.

I'm still not much of a fan of cloth outfits on 1/12 scale figures. Everything is wired on this guy but the wires are a little weak. The tab that holds his belt together is also weak and tough to keep connected. I do like all his dangly accessories. He came with a cool staff, but it has a nasty bend in it, and I'm not going to display him with that until I get a chance to heat and straighten it. All in all a good wizard, a cool little dude, but not as cool as his buddy.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 6, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Some good ideas here, but they’re too Todd-y

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1765425110503088268?s=46

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

In today's Moment of Frustration, I learned that canadian retailer Northmen Collectibles has gone under - had gone under some time ago.

Placed a preorder through paypal with them in July of 2022, and thought "I should reach out cause other retailers are getting the Poxxus ML wave."

NMC's info email address bounced back immediately as not in service. Womp womp.

Here's hoping paypal's resolution center works in my favor, I'd like my 225CAD back.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

McFarlane figures would benefit so much from just one additional paint app. I'm sure the limited palette is what keeps the prices in line with other figures that are an inch smaller but, man, they put a ton of detail into the sculpts and so much gets lost in the flat coloring

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Why are those Supermen so bumpy?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

God those look terrible.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Picturing Clark spending a couple hours before heading out painstakingly tightening 57 midnight blue belts around his arms and legs

e: lol pretty sure those two Supermen share the same awful mold.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

That Zod looks like it's GITD and I want it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Where the hell are the new Play Arts Kai figures to ring in the launch of FF7 Rebirth? They could at least do another production run of some main characters. Rufus Shinra in particular is hurting for a rerelease. And then there's still major characters they haven't done at all. At least you can get Tifa in five different outfits...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I kinda dig the brainiac but I don't see them listed anywhere.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

In today's Moment of Frustration, I learned that canadian retailer Northmen Collectibles has gone under - had gone under some time ago.

Placed a preorder through paypal with them in July of 2022, and thought "I should reach out cause other retailers are getting the Poxxus ML wave."

NMC's info email address bounced back immediately as not in service. Womp womp.

Here's hoping paypal's resolution center works in my favor, I'd like my 225CAD back.

If you paid with a credit card you should contact them and see if they can do a chargeback; after this long PayPal themselves probably can’t do anything. You’re not the first person I’ve seen mention this store and a quick google shows he was stiffing people out of money long before he shut his store down.

The downside of prepaying is when a reliable merchant suddenly decides to not be anymore, an issue I’m also dealing with and hope to have resolved soon, hopefully yours ends well

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I kinda dig the brainiac but I don't see them listed anywhere.

Joe's post had the BBTS preorder link but here's the Amazon ones if you're interested:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1765407805173886988?t=WkQRNd-otKiVUsdwjkQGOQ&s=19

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sanschel posted:

If you paid with a credit card you should contact them and see if they can do a chargeback; after this long PayPal themselves probably can’t do anything. You’re not the first person I’ve seen mention this store and a quick google shows he was stiffing people out of money long before he shut his store down.

The downside of prepaying is when a reliable merchant suddenly decides to not be anymore, an issue I’m also dealing with and hope to have resolved soon, hopefully yours ends well

Yeah, I'm learning that the hard way lol. My orders are fulfilled through my chequing account. I avoid using my credit as much as possible.

Update: paypal has told me to pound sand and contact my bank as the transaction is beyond their scope. My bank has told me the same.

I'll stick with 4H's store and BBTS, I suppose. Take it as a hard lesson learned.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1765257577082786246?s=46

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1765258672102326679?s=46

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Another thing I got from BBTS yesterday was the McFarlane Princess Bride figures of Inigo Montoya and "Dread Pirate Roberts." They had a daily deal for those guys at like $7 each a couple weeks ago. They're really solid figures and the likenesses are above-average for McFarlane, but they have one major flaw: they only have gripping hands on the right, so you cannot recreate the famous left-handed duel from their first meeting. Anyway, I'm glad I got them, they look great facing off on a very high shelf.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Baylan looks so good and I’m tempted, but I think I’ll just wait for a Mafex or SHF

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Ugh I’ve been waiting for a Val-Zod figure for a long time and it’s…that. loving Cenobite Superman, thanks Todd.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That HT Shin figure looks amazing

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Splint Chesthair posted:

Ugh I’ve been waiting for a Val-Zod figure for a long time and it’s…that. loving Cenobite Superman, thanks Todd.

Virtually every POC character McFarlane has attempted has sucked.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

cyborg Snyder cut looks pretty good

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

There are a lot of positive trends with modern action figures, but there's also one I wish would stop: ratcheted ankle joints. It's hard enough getting figures to balance without their ankles being limited to three or four locked positions.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

BBTS hosed me on that Mega Man. Took two days to issue a refund in the form of store credit. Of course this didn't include shipping.

In that span of time, Mega Man sold out, so I couldn't actually use the store credit to get a replacement.

I just bought one off eBay. Had to pay more for it, and of course the BBTS store credit did gently caress all.

They are letting me keep the defective one. I guess that goes on my project pile.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Get a Cutman and pose it punching through Megaman’s torso like Char’s Z’Gok and the GM

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

BBTS hosed me on that Mega Man. Took two days to issue a refund in the form of store credit. Of course this didn't include shipping.

In that span of time, Mega Man sold out, so I couldn't actually use the store credit to get a replacement.

I just bought one off eBay. Had to pay more for it, and of course the BBTS store credit did gently caress all.

They are letting me keep the defective one. I guess that goes on my project pile.

That bullshit happened to me a while back on a MOTU fig. They forgot to put it in the box, so I never received it. It was sold out by the time I got the refund.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It didn't help that right when this was going on, Pixel Dan started blasting social media with calls for everyone to buy these great Mega Man figures and support the line so they'll make more characters. It's probably his fault it suddenly sold out.

Edit:

Since they're letting me keep the messed-up one, I decided to open it up, and unbelievably I found MORE defects. His right knee has a huge glob of lint or hair or something mashed into the paint inside the joint, it's really ugly and will take a lot of work to clean out. I probably have to take him apart to get the gunk out. Just terrible QC on this guy. Really makes me worry if the one I ordered from eBay will be OK.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 7, 2024

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I think you can still buy them for retail off amazon right now. I got the robot masters same day delivery yesterday and Megaman has shipped and is coming in a couple days. Looks like it's still up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/_ciad_/status/1765787295972458657?s=46

This will be part of the Walmart Clusterfuck ‘24 next week.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

https://twitter.com/_ciad_/status/1765787295972458657?s=46

This will be part of the Walmart Clusterfuck ‘24 next week.

Expected.

There's a theory that Night Force Sneak Peek will be there as well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

These are gorgeous but they are such nothing characters. Maybe S2 will bring some character development?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's fine I can fix them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Considering you found more defects on this one he sounds like a good canidate to turn into a battle damaged version.

Definitely need a Cut Man to go with him.

It's unfortunate that any of this happened.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vintersorg posted:

These are gorgeous but they are such nothing characters. Maybe S2 will bring some character development?

Have they made any mention of if they are going to recast Baylan?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Filoni just said they're doing a wait and see a few months back.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Shows how out of touch I'm with the franchise, had no clue the guy had passed.

Tough spot to be in.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

More character in this behind the scenes shot, haha.

They could go ghoul and replace his face. They have the tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Got a Skeletor today