Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if you use long hair mia you're a chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

pandy fackler posted:

this is me and its embarrassing

sometimes this happens in my own neighborhood when it's cloudy and I can't see the ocean

there is something wrong with my brain I can't explain it

Early sign of dementia, I'm sorry

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

agreed. its non-canon. and she has a whole scene where she talks about how it gets in the way when she shits

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
anyways open up your mouth piggies, more drama slop for the trough

https://bsky.app/profile/hmimthinking.bsky.social

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

kenshi is great fun

Gaming in the Biden years.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Farg posted:

agreed. its non-canon. and she has a whole scene where she talks about how it gets in the way when she shits

lmao, true

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yep. That's why I did it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yep. That's why I did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXrOoODYPNE

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kurtofan posted:

lol
i guess it doesn't really come to me that people lie? i tend to take what people say very literally, especially if they're saying it like right now

but all presented in this thread its very obvious that it was all bullshit so yeah, not really feeling lovely, just kind of silly at being very gullible

you were the pathological believer to his pathological liar and I find that to be kinda sweet

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Feels Villeneuve posted:

absolutely incredible

Lmfao

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Multiple Horizon devs talking about how the inscrutable Japanese hate disabled gamers because of Elden Ring ftw.

My favorite was the article that said no quest log makes the game inaccessible to the "intellectually challenged" lol.

Lmfao. Just write stuff down on a piece of paper or in your phone or a Notepad document?? Game journalists ftmfw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Note Block posted:

You've heard of Arab Spring, now get ready for Mario Party Summer

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Multiple Horizon devs talking about how the inscrutable Japanese hate disabled gamers because of Elden Ring ftw.

My favorite was the article that said no quest log makes the game inaccessible to the "intellectually challenged" lol.
wonder what they would do about something like Baba is You. die, probably

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Baba is You makes me think I am disabled in the brain

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have an extremely hard time doing micro and stuff so I can't play RTS games like at all (WC3 campaign tho...ftw) but I simply don't play the games instead of acting like they're bigoted towards me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah my brain is completely wired the wrong way for playing rts games. like i can not do it

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing
same but mmos and mobas

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im easily startled, dont like feeling anxious or scared, and also easily scared. i demand accommodations so i can play silent hill.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Every now and then I try to get back into Age of Empires 2, but I don't get very far, mostly because I'm pretty poo poo at it. Am I the one who is bad at RTS games? No, it's the devs who are wrong

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing
i still like aoe2 and ee2 but i only ever play them against bots because it is i who am the bot

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

slice and dice v3.0 is coming to steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1775490/Slice__Dice/

i think it's suited for all brains

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Conversely if they took the “restart fight with lower level enemies” option out of the Trails games I would riot.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

slice and dice v3.0 is coming to steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1775490/Slice__Dice/

i think it's suited for all brains

I spent so much time at work with this game lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a good RTS game is homeworld

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lobster shirt posted:

a good RTS game is homeworld

Homoworld.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like to think slice and dice is like balatro but for craps. it's not at all, but i like to think that.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

however the remaster of it had ship scaling, where the AI fleet would get bigger if your fleet was big, so my strategy of using salvage corvettes to steal like ten heavy cruisers backfired in this one mission where you get ambushed, the enemy fleet was so large that it destroyed my mothership like instantly. had to go back to the previous mission and scuttle a bunch of my beloved stolen vessels :mad:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's funny seeing Speedball come up again after years of not thinking about him, and having to have friends refresh me on how he used to post his transformation fetish comic in the webcomic threads for feedback at a time where people were trying to be nicer about stuff and everyone kind of going

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

next resident evil to be set in the UK with the way forward marked by a trail of racist eggs

lmfao at all of this, especially DSP being smarter than beardo kotakuforbrains

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

absolutely incredible

reading this & lighting up a cigar like a new dad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah my brain is completely wired the wrong way for playing rts games. like i can not do it

Same. Also tactical RPGs although I want to give them a try again

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Mordiceius posted:

yeah absolutely fair.

side note - its also wild when you encounter someone who has zero sense of direction even with signposting. i have a buddy who will literally walk from one room into another in a game, spin the camera around and then get confused about which direction they came from. they can do fights and solve puzzles and such but ask them to backtrack or navigate from point a to point b and theyre completely useless. you might as well have asked them to solve quantum physics

this is me but ironically i have a great sense of direction irl. although it's gotten better in video games because of a couple things i think: a) games have more varied color palates than they did in the ps3/360 era and less dependence on normal maps to create a sense of texture gives more visual difference between materials b) i stopped trusting color calibration and started crankin' da contrast

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I prefer more linear games than pure open world for that reason tbh. Like give me a few detailed maps with a dense concentration of things to do in it over basically anything Bethesda

this is de way

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

think the happy medium for me is open world levels in a linear structure, not enough to be almost too much but enough for a good sense of freedom. basically my yearly Deus Ex replay will be happening earlier than usual this time

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Same. Also tactical RPGs although I want to give them a try again

tactical rpgs are ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i am really good at buying tactical rpgs at full price and not finishing them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ive never enjoyed or played an open world game as much as i did vice city and saints row 3. so im thinking the secret is to put It's My Life by Talk Talk on the radio station

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there was an entire era of game design where any remotely interactable object glowed lol. remember how like every switch in bioshock literally had sparkles on it

DQ11 does this for Pokemon you can ride and I appreciate it. It's more of a sparkle or glitter tbf.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

C&C was the peak of my RTS skills since there was minimal to no micro involved. Could never get into Starcraft bc of that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

when they started giving every unit abilities you had to remember to cast is when i could no longer hang

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I like open world games :twisted:. Ubisoft stuff is too far though. Skyrim or Fallout 4 still have a fair amount of pushing you forwards. It's a nice balance where you can choose to follow the path or to go delve into repetitive dungeons for the +2 sword. Bigger problem is that they are very badly written lol

lobster shirt posted:

however the remaster of it had ship scaling, where the AI fleet would get bigger if your fleet was big, so my strategy of using salvage corvettes to steal like ten heavy cruisers backfired in this one mission where you get ambushed, the enemy fleet was so large that it destroyed my mothership like instantly. had to go back to the previous mission and scuttle a bunch of my beloved stolen vessels :mad:

That sucked rear end lol got owned many times before I bothered to look up why these fights were so hard. I think it's an option in the menus though?? Oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The first strategy game I ever played was Starcraft on the Nintendo64 and once you've mastered that you can handle anything else that gets thrown at you