Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gotta get em all or people will complain, you gotta have a desert, dunes in the desert, dry gulch in the desert, rocks in the desert, blob of technology in the desert, black and white photo from WW2, cave in the desert, Christopher Walken's green room, the desert, hot tub room with ominous tubes, sandstone in the desert, and business complex in the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bit hard to do precog in a shared server.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Needing to know if the Stillsuits will accurately reflect the dong slider

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

it's called quickloading and it's existed since 1988

Ok what if the game knew you were doing it? Characters like "stop loading your save I want to talk to you" or getting nervous if you quick save in front of them.

Don't see how it's fun yet but it's probably there somewhere.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the infocom text adventure, "stationfall", had that, op.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel like this is literally a ProZD skit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIakLQBUlwM&hd=1

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Gotta get em all or people will complain, you gotta have a desert, dunes in the desert, dry gulch in the desert, rocks in the desert, blob of technology in the desert, black and white photo from WW2, cave in the desert, Christopher Walken's green room, the desert, hot tub room with ominous tubes, sandstone in the desert, and business complex in the desert.

why do people keep forgetting the big worms???

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Worms are gross

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would you still love me if I was God Emperor of Dune

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

why do people keep forgetting the big worms???

I never forget the big worms, but they are characters/metaphors/vehicles/weapons/forces-of-nature and ideally playable so I left em out of the set piece list. I cannot dispute they can also just be amazing set piece components too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Infinitum posted:

Would you still love me if I was God Emperor of Dune

of course

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kerrzhe posted:

they should bring back House Ordos

Insidious...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Ok what if the game knew you were doing it? Characters like "stop loading your save I want to talk to you" or getting nervous if you quick save in front of them.

Don't see how it's fun yet but it's probably there somewhere.

...Undertale...?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Infinitum posted:

Had a read, turns out the Dune MMO is by the Conan Exiles dev team - Funcom

I wouldn’t say Conan Exiles was a well made game but I still got addicted to it. There’s nothing like having a huge map, exploring too far into an area that’s too dangerous and then limping back home muttering holy poo poo holy poo poo the whole time hoping you don’t get killed before you can bring the resources you found back to safety

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I went down this rabbithole of old geocities tiny banner images.
https://hellnet.work/8831/page38.html

I wound up lookin up some of the sites to see if they had kept at it outside of geocities and found a few people who used to make dolls or pixel art still making stuff. Found a bunch more that kept at it up[ until some point but then abandoned site to the void or left it up with broken links or photobucket fillers.

https://www.kawaiihannah.com/pixelart/gallery/little-link/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

general gay info

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

prism you have been haunted by fairy

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

We have to go back

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The worms in the Dune game should be like the ones in Noita. They should use the same gameplay mechanics as Noita too. They can use Noita's graphics and physics. They can call the game Noita and already have released it several years ago. Let's all play Noita!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Noitadune, from the developer of Unnodtaie

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jerusalem posted:

The worms in the Dune game should be like the ones in Noita. They should use the same gameplay mechanics as Noita too. They can use Noita's graphics and physics. They can call the game Noita and already have released it several years ago. Let's all play Noita!
I'm noita gonna play any more of that interesting but ultimately bad game.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm noita gonna play any more of that interesting but ultimately bad game.

Skill issue imo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well to be fair, I am also very bad at playing Noita. Love it anyway, it's so great!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1764966484273402110

The more I hear about this game, the more it sounds like it's just using the Dune name and that's it. For all intents and purposes its a totally different sci-fi universe.

At that point you might as well audible and make a 40K game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The good news is if they ever lose the license they can just change the files they got from the dune website promotional webkit. Making your game legally distinct from an IP even if you have that IP is pretty clever long term planning.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

RETVRN

Also, if you haven’t it’s always fun to browse around https://neocities.org which is a web host for a bunch of modern “Web 1.0” styled pages.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
8 but theater

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Used to read that web comic

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 6, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ate butt theater

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sword-chucks, yo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hey there was an article about the Call of Duty/Warhammer crossover on Warhammer Community, and this part caught my eye

quote:

Players who purchase the Tracer Pack: Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines Store Bundle will additionally get access to the ‘Ultramar’s Vengeance’ and ‘Baal’s Wrath’ Juggernaut Recon Killstreak Skins, patterned after the legendary power armour of the Ultramarines and Blood Angels.

Anyone entering the limited-time Juggermosh game mode will wear Power Armour inspired by the 41st Millennium, but only those players who purchase the bundle will receive these Killstreak Skins permanently once the Juggermosh mode concludes.

What is juggermosh?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

general gay info

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oh hey the "premium single player rpg" that the Arknights devs were working on released at the end of last month
https://exa.gryphline.com/en-us#homepage

It looks like the rare case of an actually non-user-hostile mobile game? with no gacha, no ads, no microtransactions, no fomo dailies. I hope it's fun. I dug the design and artstyle of Arknights but couldn't hang with its GaaSier elements.

I wonder if it'll actually make money on par with the business-as-usual mobile stuff or if it's just a prestige project.

Weirdly the devs of Girls Frontline (another gacha game) have a premium buy-to-play game coming up in the next two and a half weeks too. I hope it's a trend.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Oh hey the "premium single player rpg" that the Arknights devs were working on released at the end of last month
https://exa.gryphline.com/en-us#homepage

It looks like the rare case of an actually non-user-hostile mobile game? with no gacha, no ads, no microtransactions, no fomo dailies. I hope it's fun. I dug the design and artstyle of Arknights but couldn't hang with its GaaSier elements.

I wonder if it'll actually make money on par with the business-as-usual mobile stuff or if it's just a prestige project.

Weirdly the devs of Girls Frontline (another gacha game) have a premium buy-to-play game coming up in the next two and a half weeks too. I hope it's a trend.

I haven't gotten too much time into Ex Astris but I will say that at the very least, it's pretty. Gameplay's very much Paper Mario but with added button mashing phases and some stuff to encourage doing certain skills in certain orders. The writing and translation, on the other hand, is not so great IMO. Very much a "throw you into the anime jargon deep end" sort of game in regards to its plot. The translation is reasonably accurate but very stiff as well. Voice acting is fine, I'm playing with the Chinese voice track, about what I expect from hearing CN VA from other games.

I used to play Girls Frontline a very long time ago so I'm pretty interested in Reverse Collapse. These two alongside Granblue Relink is making me hopeful that gacha game devs will take the leap into developing standard games a lot more often.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I started FF16 today instead of rebirth. I might be going sicko mode...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Khanstant posted:

I went down this rabbithole of old geocities tiny banner images.

these own