Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

you can't stop biden though. i hear presidents have full immunity or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Durf posted:

the worst bar smell I've encountered are city bars in old buildings with basement washrooms. it tends to waft upwards.

meanwhile when smoking was still a thing my sister would come home from bartending reeking of cigarettes. anyone else remember these babies

my and dad were both bartenders back in the day. since nobody could afford childcare, they'd just bring little me to the bar and let me wander around. orange juice, spanish peanuts, and bar cigarette smell is hyper nostalgic for me lol

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Durf posted:

ya this is why air travel will always be fuel. a tiny bit of gas creates a massive release of energy, and batteries are too heavy

We'll see. You have a few companies that are investigating hybrid flight options, using some fuel and some electronic power to turn turbines or propellers. There's some possibility of energy recovery from the turbine models that could help keep the batteries charged for longer (we already use some electrical generation from engines to provide electricity to planes now, though onboard batteries and ground charging are still important). The benefits for airlines would be huge. If they can reduce fuel consumption by 10% or more on a narrowbody or a prop plane airframers and airlines will be happy to lose some baggage capacity to not use as much fuel as they do now.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

MrMojok posted:

Ok, once again I hate to even ask, but what’s the story behind them claiming that Joe Brandon flew 300,000 illegals into the country?

It’s all the chud nation is screaming about right now.

they're basically letting people from certain countries pre-apply for asylum online and get travel approval so they can fly into specified airports in order to relieve pressure on the mexican border

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stink Billyums posted:

they're basically letting people from certain countries pre-apply for asylum online and get travel approval so they can fly into specified airports in order to relieve pressure on the mexican border

THANKS JOHN BRANDON

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Buce posted:

my and dad were both bartenders back in the day. since nobody could afford childcare, they'd just bring little me to the bar and let me wander around. orange juice, spanish peanuts, and bar cigarette smell is hyper nostalgic for me lol

Same, my stepdad was a bartender and I could play the pinball game and the bowling game with the heavy metal puck all day long, and all the Coke and Wise potato chips and Spanish peanuts I could eat and what ever music I wanted on the jukebox most of the time in the early 70s through early 80s

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

signing his truths

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Stink Billyums posted:

so they're just pissed that they didn't get to abuse asylum seekers by putting them on a bus to a random place?

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

Hazo posted:

It’s sounds like syrup guy isn’t the rear end in a top hat— he was mocking the lady who didn’t want to celebrate the woman whose likeness was used for Jemima.

Unless I’m reading that wrong?

Pischke didn't give a reason (that I saw) for the bill to commemorate Nancy Green as the spokesperson for Aunt Jemima, but Green isn't connected to SD. He used a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's, presumably because they're the only ones still using the mammy design. It was probably intended to own the libs by complaining about the rebrand to Pearl Milling Company that is now almost three years old.

Pischke: "I was expecting her (Conzet) to be filled with gratitude, I’m wondering if the Speaker is jealous that he didn’t receive a bottle, too, and that’s his justification for this."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Stink Billyums posted:

You mean I have to share an airplane with "those" people? Outrageous!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Old Joe out there doing helpful and Good Things to Help people in order to Buy Your Votes!! tell biden "bye then" by telling him your Vote can't be Bought!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet, but Sen. Menendez and his wife just caught new corruption charges

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senator-menendez-charged-with-obstruction-justice-new-indictment-2024-03-05/?utm_source=reddit.com

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
oh wow donald announced his campaign in 2015 and has been screaming on social media 20 times per day ever since

i've been on the fence these last 9 years until now, but that last rant in all caps really convinced me sir!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Ole do as many crimes as you can strategy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

dervival posted:

so they're just pissed that they didn't get to abuse asylum seekers by putting them on a bus to a random place?

I think they are more scared the immigrants are gonna gently caress with people because as you know if you know something something immigrants equal crime

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so Biden the prez cant fly immigrants to other processing centers, but red state governors can fly and bus them to blue states?

also lol gently caress the 10 year census count, the last part of the above should mean that blue states get extra congress reps and more fed dollars back.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Exit polls so whatever, but if Haley is pulling 30+ percent that's pretty bad for Trump

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

nerox posted:

I guess that's the main complaint I head from people who are anti-EV cars is that you have to wait for the car to charge, but I immediately ask them how often they drive over 250 miles in a day and the answer is always rarely.

It is like there is some disconnect that people don't understand you plug the car in at night and wake up every morning with a full tank.*

*Note: I live in a rural area, there are not issues here where you have street parking and can't charge at night.

As for a story about Challengers, for my 40th birthday, my wife gave me a trip to the Porsche experience in Atlanta. Essentially Porsche has a race track and you rent a Porsche for a few hours on track and have a coach with you in the car, it's a ton of fun. The first question my instructor asked was what my daily driver was. After I told him, he remarked that he was glad it was not a Dodge Challenger because Dodge Challenger drivers are the worst people he tries to coach.

It's the same reason I find most pickup truck owners ridiculous.

"Why yes I need to buy this monstrosity! Yes bed will be empty most of the time but for the few times I lug lumber each year, its worth being a danger to the environment and everyone around me in perpetuity!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
we HAD trump as president, hundreds of thousands died, record breaking number of businesses went out of business...we HAD trump and it didn't work.

we also had a theocrasy, a bunch of christians got to be in charge, history, for whatever odd reason, chose to label this era "the dark ages".

now everybody like "but THIS time..."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You should take those questions with a grain of salt. Like democrats the two party system is to ingrained, they will fall in line

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I live near a busy road and I'm in the back room with the windows closed, I can't hear the road at all except for big dumb engine noises. Removing that will go a long way, just like how bars smell better now without smoke even if they can still smell bad.

During a bus strike in Sydney, walking in the cbd from the train station to work it was like a Christmas holiday weekend. It was so quiet and peaceful, I could hear birds the whole walk. Engines are noisy as gently caress..

But batteries in my car is woke so I keep drinking diesel and huffing carbon monoxide

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PhazonLink posted:

so Biden the prez cant fly immigrants to other processing centers, but red state governors can fly and bus them to blue states?

also lol gently caress the 10 year census count, the last part of the above should mean that blue states get extra congress reps and more fed dollars back.
Republicans get to tell you what to do
You don’t get to tell Republicans what to do

Simple as

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Spindle posted:

Pischke didn't give a reason (that I saw) for the bill to commemorate Nancy Green as the spokesperson for Aunt Jemima, but Green isn't connected to SD. He used a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's, presumably because they're the only ones still using the mammy design. It was probably intended to own the libs by complaining about the rebrand to Pearl Milling Company that is now almost three years old.

Pischke: "I was expecting her (Conzet) to be filled with gratitude, I’m wondering if the Speaker is jealous that he didn’t receive a bottle, too, and that’s his justification for this."

I know him personally (from a prior job), and I can guarantee that he was trying to stir up poo poo, but the underlying reason could be literally anything. This is SD politics so you can probably safely assume misogyny and or/racism factor in.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

kazil posted:

Exit polls so whatever, but if Haley is pulling 30+ percent that's pretty bad for Trump

Seems hard to make that call just off those numbers, I imagine a lot of Trump voters wouldn't support a Republican if Trump doesn't get the nom somehow.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

You should take those questions with a grain of salt. Like democrats the two party system is to ingrained, they will fall in line
If he loses 5% he’s hosed

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

we HAD trump as president, hundreds of thousands died, record breaking number of businesses went out of business...we HAD trump and it didn't work.

we also had a theocrasy, a bunch of christians got to be in charge, history, for whatever odd reason, chose to label this era "the dark ages".

now everybody like "but THIS time..."

What? The dark ages was not ruled by a theorcracy. Most of that time the church was the only avenue of stability left while the various warlords bickered

Also it’s called the dark ages because our sources suck

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

They buy the trucks to signal to one-another that they hate everybody who isn't a white dude and so their truck nuts and bumper stickers have somewhere to go. It doesn't need to make more sense than that. Don't believe them when they tell you why they do things. Ever.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Seems hard to make that call just off those numbers, I imagine a lot of Trump voters wouldn't support a Republican if Trump doesn't get the nom somehow.

While true, I think most Trump supporters take it as a given that Trump will be the nominee (he will be)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nessus posted:

If he loses 5% he’s hosed

I think the election will be determined by the more casual voter that is only vaguely paying attention right now

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

Lol the late 80's and early 90's, where all the lights were yellow and everything was coated in tar and smelled like stale cigarettes, what a great, nostalgic time

That was our house when we moved into it in 2019. The previous owners smoked inside, and had painted every single window in the house shut.

Could literally scrape the tar off the inside of the windows.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
nevermind, going to go pet a dog or something instead of watching politicians with personality disorders rant in all caps again

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 5, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Nessus posted:

Republicans get to tell you what to do
You don’t get to tell Republicans what to do

Simple as

someone post that republican comic that just has the dude saying, 'gently caress you'

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
HI! I'm America! *shits self noisily*

Bet you wish you were me! *accidentally pisses in own mouth*

WASN'T ME IT WAS THE UHMUGRUNTS! *gargles and swallows own piss*

NUMBUR WON!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

someone post that republican comic that just has the dude saying, 'gently caress you'
But they’re so funny!!!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

government shuts down friday

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

government shuts down friday

Mitch refused to hold an actual trial for Trump's first impeachment, now Dems are free to do the same for this bullshit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Holding a trial would probably help the Dems as I don’t know if the republicans actually know what they are trying to do there

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Finally the signal we have been waiting for to dethrone god.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Posting during break while working for the Registrar during this Super Tuesday, and any time I see Ron DeSantis' name on the ballot I lol that that dork totally bombed his own campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

You'll be able to hear the charger run you over with its lovely fake exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnBMmDLULU

Yay, I can go full electric and still annoy the neighbours at 6am. :dance: