Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

U just aren't ready for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Saalkin posted:

Lots of bad and wrong opinions being posting in the truth thread

🅾️🅱️

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Tarkus posted:

U just aren't ready for it

I'm allwayss reddy baby

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Eating rear end is gross

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
did you waste you entire youth playing the same old things in band new drag? Over and over
I definitely wasted my my adulthood with a career
but my youth was golden and rich with experience and memory
dont waste your youth perseverating worthless things because old you will despise young you

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Eh, being an adult is better for me my childhood sucked.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
this thread has already peaked and is now just depressing

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

this thread has already peaked and is now just depressing

unfortunately this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also this is amongst very few threads the op has made that is actually good

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

also this is amongst very few threads the op has made that is actually good

The old chat thread was good

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Relativity of spacetime is a real thing that I don't understand outside of nerd soundbites.

Relativity of memory is a fake thing that I understand explicitly as describing the entirety of my human experience.

If you are experiencing new things each moment is short but the calendar takes it's sweet time to advance.

If you are stuck in a cycle of repetition each moment is long and the calendar advances at breakneck speeds.

Post childhood is a war of trying to balance these ideas so that you are not stuck in an infinite well of novelty getting nowhere while also not racing to death on a tide of routine and familiarity.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The trippiest thing about the relativity of simultaneity is that this reference frame's present is the future of some other reference frame. And some other reference frame's present is our future. Make of that what you will.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

zedprime posted:

Free will is nearly confirmed to be an anthropocentric wish about our ability to control anything at all. The current quantum point of view offers absolutely no pathway for consciousness to affect quantum resolution of universal data points. There's obviously room in a grand unified theory for magic but most evidence for free will is that it feels wrong when you're a consciousness.

The new hotness on the topic of things that make entirely no difference in your life as a consciousness is whether the universe is being played live and every quantum resolution is randomly decided on the spot or the universe is a static timeline of events that appear random to consciousnesses confined by causality.

Joker card: the universe might be the former but our consciousness may be trapped in the latter ex. We may be a holographic artifact in the event horizon of a black hole which is encoding the universe.

I see you read a lot of hard sci-fi novels lmao

Protip: none of what you posted means anything.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Just like Simulation Theory or Last Tuesdayism, it doesn't matter. It's fun to think about but it doesn't matter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tarkus posted:

Just like Simulation Theory or Last Tuesdayism, it doesn't matter. It's fun to think about but it doesn't matter.

Nothing matters, if you think about it.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

redshirt posted:

Nothing matters, if you think about it.

Yes and No. Depends on what matters to you. Though I would put free will and the other things I mentioned in the almost objectively doesn't matter category because it's not verifiable in any way and doesn't change anything regardless if it is true or not.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
CBT for anxiety is if you think about nothing it matters but if you write the nothing down and throw it out then it doesn't matter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tarkus posted:

Yes and No. Depends on what matters to you. Though I would put free will and the other things I mentioned in the almost objectively doesn't matter category because it's not verifiable in any way and doesn't change anything regardless if it is true or not.

I mean from any scale other than your own personal scale. From the perspective of galactic super clusters, for example.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

redshirt posted:

I mean from any scale other than your own personal scale. From the perspective of galactic super clusters, for example.

True, though, what does 'mattering' mean anyways? Is it just a feeling? Does it have to have an effect? Feelings have a effects and consequences. Conversely, things that occur can matter because they generate feelings of some sort. Do things only matter when it's personal or does it also apply to every scale of human grouping all the way up to a global consciousness?

I don't know. So I guess everything matters and nothing does.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

redshirt posted:

The galactic supercluster is a super-consciousness which is built, among other memory-holding structures, of your consciousness so that it feels fulfilled by your finding things that matter to you so that among other things it is intensely embarrassed by my posting in this topic.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tarkus posted:

True, though, what does 'mattering' mean anyways? Is it just a feeling? Does it have to have an effect? Feelings have a effects and consequences. Conversely, things that occur can matter because they generate feelings of some sort. Do things only matter when it's personal or does it also apply to every scale of human grouping all the way up to a global consciousness?

I don't know. So I guess everything matters and nothing does.

Indeed. I come to your last conclusion. It's both the ultimate liberation and ultimate derivation of purpose, of meaning.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Star wars is lame rear end poo poo.

Eating rear end rules.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog games were always bad :hai:

True

Spinz posted:

Eating rear end is gross

Eating rear end was a prank we played on younger millennials. You aren’t supposed to actually do it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I know I am wrong and bad for wanting to kick so many people's asses.

I don't do it, because it's wrong. But still...

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

the moon and its percieved "phases" have absolutely no notable effect on your sleep

Or anything regarding your personality. Ditto for the placement of the stars.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

I know I am wrong and bad for wanting to kick so many people's asses.

I don't do it, because it's wrong. But still...

anger is wasted energy.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
pescatarian is the best diet

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

anger is wasted energy.

Perhaps it is useful in targeted applications.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

You trying to get me banned?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I don’t believe in Harvey Dent.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Growing up small but being a powerfully built adult is hilarious when you come across old school bullies that and now out of shape and pathetically eager to get along with you now you could rip them in half.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We still aren't ready for space

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
If you stay calm when someone is trying to pick a fight with you, it confuses your antagonist. Bonus points if you are calm enough to sincerely ask if there’s anything you can do to help.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

tango alpha delta posted:

If you stay calm when someone is trying to pick a fight with you, it confuses your antagonist. Bonus points if you are calm enough to sincerely ask if there’s anything you can do to help.

If it's actually go time, a high pitched noise coupled with action is highly effective

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Watch how someone treats service or retail workers if you want to know if that someone is a decent person.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

redshirt posted:

If it's actually go time, a high pitched noise coupled with action is highly effective

A good old fashioned war whoop is always a good one.

As is staring them straight in the eye when they're talking poo poo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

A good old fashioned war whoop is always a good one.

As is staring them straight in the eye when they're talking poo poo.

Yep. Any dedicated noise will do.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

redshirt posted:

You exist for a blink of time and the vast majority of existence will not feature you in it. Nothing personal.

I find my insignificance comforting.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Anyone that speaks as if they’re certain about stuff like free will is full of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Buddhism is an authoritarian, specious mindfuck on the level of Catholicism but people in the west haven’t realised it yet because it’s still exotic and trendy