Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

volts5000 posted:

I know I know it's John McCain, but he did the Maverick thing right. Even though he voted with Republicans over 90% of the time (and a war hawk), he would stake a semi-popular across-the-aisle position every now and then. Campaign finance reform, cap and trade, voting down ACA repeal. Stuff like that. Finally, he'd capitalize the poo poo out of it. Kyrsten wanted to mimic it but did not understand at all how it worked. She just thought MaverickTM meant randomly voting against your own party without rhyme or reason.

She had a very explicit rhyme and reason. She was turning herself into the "very fiscally conservative, but socially liberal" candidate that is extremely popular in boardrooms, but only represents about 15% of actual voters, and thought that she could ride that and the maverick label to success. It was very much not random. The part that made it seem random is that it is almost a 180 heel turn from where she was in 2015, but she had been making the transition and was very clear that was what her political label and strategy was supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

volts5000 posted:

I know I know it's John McCain, but he did the Maverick thing right. Even though he voted with Republicans over 90% of the time (and a war hawk), he would stake a semi-popular across-the-aisle position every now and then. Campaign finance reform, cap and trade, voting down ACA repeal. Stuff like that. Finally, he'd capitalize the poo poo out of it. Kyrsten wanted to mimic it but did not understand at all how it worked. She just thought MaverickTM meant randomly voting against your own party without rhyme or reason.

I'm truly surprised she allowed her ego to overpower her poo poo political instincts.

I think Sarah was just "ahead of her time". She'd be side-by-side with Trump right now if she didn't flame out so early.

Oh I meant the thumbs-down thing specifically was mimicking John McCain. The rest of that is true (outside of doing it randomly) yeah, but the thumbs-down that everyone remembers was originally John McCain.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Voters are less forgiving of women when they do carnie poo poo. Look how quickly Sarah Palin was relegated to the fringe once everyone realized she was/is a giant piece of poo poo.

And this is absolutely true.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Right. I mean, I know why she's awful. What I don't know is how she managed to get down to 20% in the polling. Nobody *ever* goes that low once they have name recognition.

She wasn't just horrible she managed to get the dont-pay-attentions to notice how horrible she was.

Which means either she did something unique, or else the "voters aren't paying attention at all, to anything, statistically speaking" thesis is wrong.

Like I said, the unique thing she did was very very very openly undermine spite her own party and voting base in such a way that couldn't be tolerated. Being the deciding vote on important things you campaigned on and then voting the opposite of how you said you stood and then bragging about it is beyond the pale.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They do in 3-way races.

Very few Republicans were going to vote for her, very few Democrats were going to vote for her, and many independents actually lean strongly in one direction and expressed that they would continue to vote for a nominee from their preferred party. They didn't have to pay much attention at all for that to happen.

It was basically about what you expect when someone goes independent and receives a strong challenge from both parties. Sinema bet that her situation wouldn't be typical because she was special, but she was wrong. At the same time, while she wasn't performing great, the end result was basically exactly what you would expect for any generic person regardless of her personal qualities. This was more of a situation where she wasn't special at all rather than her being uniquely terrible (even though she is from our perspective).

Ok this makes sense: her failure was losing democratic primary voters, who do pay attention. Then in the general the lever pullers aren't pulling for her because she is no longer tied to the bug blue lever.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Off topic, but are there any repercussions when a political campaign uses music, and the musician or rights holder disapproves? If Trump were to use a Dead Kennedys song (as an extreme example) during a rally, would DK have any recourse beyond a C&D and a public statement calling him an rear end in a top hat?

This isn't an extreme example at all considering all the right wing fascist politicians in the US that have unironically used Rage Against the Machine music at rallies. Like they literally thought "the machine" was those evil leftists. And of course they would immediately get a cease and desist from the band.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Charliegrs posted:

This isn't an extreme example at all considering all the right wing fascist politicians in the US that have unironically used Rage Against the Machine music at rallies. Like they literally thought "the machine" was those evil leftists. And of course they would immediately get a cease and desist from the band.

I still crack a smile when I remember Tom Morello telling Paul Ryan that he's literally the machine against which they rage.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Ok this makes sense: her failure was losing democratic primary voters, who do pay attention. Then in the general the lever pullers aren't pulling for her because she is no longer tied to the bug blue lever.

Trying to go independent after one term seems like a real low % play in general - either run as an independent in the first place or wait long enough to get people invested in you personally

plogo
Jan 20, 2009

She also pissed off the senate leadership and didn't repay Schumer the favor for pushing for her in her original senate primary. She pissed of the progressives, she pissed off the establishment and... she made private equity managers happy for nixing the carried interest fix?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ruben Gallego is going to crush Kari Lake

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Gallego himself is married to a realtor's association lobbyist and their $20,000+ vacation to Qatar was paid for by a lobbying group. Not saying he's on Sinema's level but it's sad that this guy is already this captured even before the election.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Other posters have broached this but I think Sinema's snotty curtsy and thumbs down to minimum wage was the moment of no return.

Either she listened to some awful handlers, or defied their counsel, but there are a few simple ways to avoid uniting the entire political spectrum in disgust and she somehow managed to accomplish that.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Scags McDouglas posted:

Other posters have broached this but I think Sinema's snotty curtsy and thumbs down to minimum wage was the moment of no return.

Either she listened to some awful handlers, or defied their counsel, but there are a few simple ways to avoid uniting the entire political spectrum in disgust and she somehow managed to accomplish that.

You know you done hosed up when you somehow manage to unite all the democrats against you.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

sinema's decisionmaking was so recklessly bad and eventually so blindly self absorbed that even the people who were like "i guess she doing this for the sinecure" had to watch her really limit how much she could cash out for when all was said and done

i finally settled on "dumb and so goddamned crazy" as an explanation because she wore through all the potential other defenses or secret battlemind strategies that would have validated any of the constant dumbshit she did

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Cimber posted:

You know you done hosed up when you somehow manage to unite all the democrats against you.

[scorched earth against the welfare of her voters]

[briefly remembers that voting periods are cyclical]

[hrm]

Because I choose civility, understanding, listening, working together to get stuff done, I will leave the Senate at the end of this year.

Scags McDouglas fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 6, 2024

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

These interviews with Super Tuesday voters are hilarious and/or killing me.

Some of them are pretty boring or straightforward, but the wild ones are pretty wild.

quote:

“As a Latino, they’re like, ‘Why are you saying that? These are your people that are coming over.’ I get it. It’s not like it was before. My dad came over that way and got legalized, but he never asked for anything. He never took a handout. It was just like, 'Okay, I'm here to work.' These people today are looking for hotel rooms, they're looking for handouts. ”

Edgar Gallegos, 45, owns a construction company in Edinburg, Texas, voted for Trump.

quote:

“I don’t think Biden’s health is that of a person who can lead this country. He can barely walk. Trump just looks stronger to me.”

quote:

Under Trump, we didn't have inflation. Inflation, coronavirus, immigration surges, and crime all happened on Biden's watch. We didn't have those problems with Trump.

quote:

“I feel (Biden) knows how to run the country. He’s not just trying to divide everybody, and he’s not just trying to get revenge against everybody that doesn’t say they love him.”

quote:

“We need somebody that can unify and I don’t believe that (Trump) can. (Haley) doesn’t have a chance, but I don’t think that Trump can win in the general election.”

Lillard Teasley, 60, from Nashville, voted for Chris Christie on Tuesday but will support Donald Trump in November if he is the nominee.

quote:

“Our current president is not taking care of our country. Our borders were more secure and our financials were more secure under Donald Trump. He's the business man. 2020 was a great year for the American economy and it all got much worse in 2021. I'm a patriot and I'm an American. I'm not a partisan, so I only vote for whoever will be best for the country."

Laurie Fisser, 61, from Huntington Beach, Calif., voted Democrat in the past, but now votes for the Republican party and Donald Trump.

quote:

I'm voting for Trump because I am tired of all the divisiveness and fighting. I like Nikki Haley, but she is always fighting Trump. Be it Democrat or Republican, they seem to fight each other rather than try to work together. I think with Trump the country will be able to work together.

quote:

Security, border security, the economy. The way the country is going, I don’t like it. We need some changes. I’ll tell you what, I did not vote for any Democrat.

quote:

"This is a stale election. I will vote, but I will have less enthusiasm than I had in previous elections. We need people to speak out and I'm disappointed we didn't get a new generation of leadership.”

Cassandra Moreno, 48, from McAllen, Texas, declined to say how she voted.

quote:

“My wages are still low, but the prices everywhere are high. I feel stuck. I'm voting for Biden, but it is begrudging."

quote:

He is big on gun control, and right now there are a lot of guns in the streets.

quote:

Beth West, a 48-year-old stay-at-home mom and former Republican voter, came out in the light rain in Nashville on Tuesday morning to vote for Biden. “I’m only voting for candidates who support women’s rights and who support common-sense gun reform,” she said. Sandy Hook, the Dobbs decision and the Covenant shooting in Nashville last year all contributed to her political evolution and more recent activism.

quote:

“We want someone that’s decisive, someone that understands the issues – especially with the border, it seems that Trump does understand – and wants what’s best for all of us.”

Ramiro “Ram” Lopez, 36, from McAllen, Texas, voted for Donald Trump.

quote:

I don't like his policies, but Trump seems more physically fit and I think I have to support the candidate who will make it for the full term in order to do what is best for the country with my vote.

quote:

“I’m sending a message to Joe Biden. He’s going too easy on Netanyahu. He needs to cut the military funding.”

Mark Suchy, 76, from Minneapolis, described himself as a “strong Biden supporter” but voted “uncommitted” because of the war in Gaza. Suchy said he plans to vote for Biden over Trump in November.

quote:

“There are a lot of people coming here, and maybe not everybody has good intentions. I’m looking to vote for a candidate who is strong on border security, maybe someone like Trump. ”

Esmeralda Martin, 46, from San Antonio, said immigration was a big issue for her this election cycle.

quote:

“Right now, we just need to stand for democracy and a just system that’s going to progress us into the future and not bring us backwards,” he said, adding, “I don’t think we’re going to get those improvements with anyone else but Biden right now."

quote:

“You’re talking about voting between two people in their 80s, and I don’t know if that’s good. Like, they have a perspective that’s kind of been fixed in time and the world’s moved on.”

Ted Eby, 34, from Durham, N.C., voted for Biden

quote:

Lynda Anderson, 66, cast her vote for President Biden shortly after polls opened in Richmond, Va., today. Anderson said she supported Biden on immigration and the economy. “He is attempting to galvanize us in a way that America can be a better country than it is today,” she said.

quote:

Customers can tell “when something is made with love and with passion,” she said. “You have to love what you do in order for people to feel it.”

"I am a registered Republican. But I am not a ‘Trumper,'” she said. She believes in small government, L.G.B.T.Q. rights and a woman’s right to choose on abortion.

As a Mexican-American living in a border community, she’s also empathetic to people needing a better life, but wants a tougher immigration policy. “When we are taking care of other people’s issues when we can’t take care of our own — then something’s wrong,” she said.

On Tuesday’s primary, she’s leaning toward voting for Trump once again, but with hesitation, she said. “From the options that we have, that’s probably the best of the worst.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/03/05/us/super-tuesday-election-updates

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Staluigi posted:

sinema's decisionmaking was so recklessly bad and eventually so blindly self absorbed that even the people who were like "i guess she doing this for the sinecure" had to watch her really limit how much she could cash out for when all was said and done

i finally settled on "dumb and so goddamned crazy" as an explanation because she wore through all the potential other defenses or secret battlemind strategies that would have validated any of the constant dumbshit she did

Mark Kelly owns bones because he's a 1-1 juxtaposition of what she could be, presents a model she could have just mindlessly followed, but nope, everything is about meeeee

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

quote:

I'm voting for Trump because I am tired of all the divisiveness and fighting.

Oh my god. Oh my lord

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Scags McDouglas posted:

Oh my god. Oh my lord

The second half about how they like Nikki Haley, but they are fighting with Trump, so they can't vote for them is amazing too.

Also, voting for Trump because coronavirus happened on Biden's watch and the Latino whose dad came over illegally and was granted amnesty, but is voting for Trump because nobody ever helped his dad when he immigrated illegally and people crossing the border illegally today are too greedy.

Edit: And the Mexican immigrant ice cream lady who is voting for Trump because she supports LGBT rights and is pro-choice.

Or the Republican who says he thinks Trump is going to lose if he gets the nomination, but he is voting for Trump anyway.

Lots of strange answers from different directions.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 6, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The second half about how they like Nikki Haley, but they are fighting with Trump, so they can't vote for them is amazing too.

Also, voting for Trump because coronavirus happened on Biden's watch and the Latino whose dad came over illegally and was granted amnesty, but is voting for Trump because nobody ever helped his dad when he immigrated illegally and people crossing the border illegally today are too greedy.

Edit: And the Mexican immigrant ice cream lady who is voting for Trump because she supports LGBT rights and is pro-choice.

Or the Republican who says he thinks Trump is going to lose, but he is voting for Trump anyway.

i do think there is a weird bright side that alot of chuds are too bat poo poo to come across as normal and trumps just gonna double down on scary poo poo that scare normies.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1765158679442035159

like he will see this and run on it because thats what he thinks the "silent majority" care about.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

quote:

Under Trump, we didn't have inflation. Inflation, coronavirus, immigration surges, and crime all happened on Biden's watch. We didn't have those problems with Trump.

y'all ever wonder if america is a lost cause

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i do think there is a weird bright side that alot of chuds are too bat poo poo to come across as normal and trumps just gonna double down on scary poo poo that scare normies.

I was going to say "Bold of you to think Trump has access to the normie electorate" but a more civil way to put it is, I don't think Trump will ever move the needle up or down based on new information he presents to voters.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

"I disagree with all of Trump's policies, but I have to vote for him because he is physically strong" is another strong contender for craziest vote reason.

Also, a weirdly large amount of people saying that 2020 was a quiet normal year and wanting to go back to it or saying that 2020 was a chaotic insane year and Biden was President in 2020.

A large chunk of Americans (that were interviewed by the NYT on Super Tuesday and had their quotes published - obviously not scientific) seem to have blacked out for most of 2020 or just rewritten it in their memory.

I appreciate the incredibly rare pro-gun control single issue voter too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The full section on the pro-choice, pro-LGBT, pro-Trump, Mexican immigrant ice cream lady is pretty wild too.

quote:

Eight years ago, Ms. Eason and her husband, Marshall, saw a business opportunity: providing healthier alternatives to mass-produced ice cream in their McAllen community. In 2016, they founded Ice Cream and Bananas and began selling at local farmers’ markets. Their daughter Matilda made guest appearances dressed as a banana.

“This is going to be our future together,” Ms. Eason remembered thinking. “It became a passion.”

That year Ms. Eason voted for Donald Trump, swayed by his promises to bring businesses back to the United States and to strengthen the economy.

“The promise of the American Dream,” she said. “We had the hope, right? The first four years, everything seemed to be great.”

But aspirations to open a brick-and-mortar store all but ended in 2019 when Mr. Eason died after a lengthy battle with a congestive heart condition. He was 41.

Navigating her grief amid a pandemic, the mother of three vowed to keep the business going. At night, measuring and mixing her ingredients, she still thinks of her husband.

“Every time I make ice cream, I keep him alive,” she said.

Ahead of the Texas primary on Tuesday, Ms. Eason cited the economy as the most important issue.

“I see my friends with small businesses having a tough time keeping them afloat,” she said. “There’s something going on.”

Her husband’s social security benefits help fill in some of her financial gaps, but she cannot afford health insurance or save for her children’s college tuition. Her own remaining student loans have nearly doubled, in part from compounding interest.

Her enthusiasm for Donald Trump has waned, and she wonders if the economic prosperity of his term was just an illusion.

“I am a registered Republican. But I am not a ‘Trumper,'” she said. She believes in small government, L.G.B.T.Q. rights and a woman’s right to choose on abortion.

As a Mexican-American living in a border community, she’s also empathetic to people needing a better life, but wants a tougher immigration policy. “When we are taking care of other people’s issues when we can’t take care of our own — then something’s wrong,” she said.

On Tuesday’s primary, she’s leaning toward voting for Trump once again, but with hesitation, she said. “From the options that we have, that’s probably the best of the worst.”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Behind her, an eagle falls out of a tree and dies.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I call BS on the Huntington Beach lady ever being anything but a Nazi.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The full section on the pro-choice, pro-LGBT, pro-Trump, Mexican immigrant ice cream lady is pretty wild too.

Eh, I don't think it's particularly wild. She believes in LGBTQ rights and abortion rights, she can't afford health insurance, and she's drowning under student loan debt. But she also opposes immigration and thinks she'd benefit from Republican economic policies.

Trump agrees with her on some things, but disagrees with her on others. Biden agrees with her on some things, but disagrees with her on others. But she cares more about some issues than others, and so she votes based on those priorities.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Main Paineframe posted:

Eh, I don't think it's particularly wild. She believes in LGBTQ rights and abortion rights, she can't afford health insurance, and she's drowning under student loan debt. But she also opposes immigration and thinks she'd benefit from Republican economic policies.

Trump agrees with her on some things, but disagrees with her on others. Biden agrees with her on some things, but disagrees with her on others. But she cares more about some issues than others, and so she votes based on those priorities.

I was mostly talking about the part where she says she is "empathetic to people looking for a better life" because she used to be one, but also wants to bring the hammer down on those people.

She needs health insurance, but votes for politicians who have prevented Medicaid expansion in her state.

She says she thinks that 2017-2021 were times of economic prosperity, but also the worst economic years of her life and maybe it was all an illusion because she can't trust her own memory.

She is pro-LGBT rights and pro-choice and seems to think Trump supports those positions because he is "for small government."

Drowning in student loan debt due to compounding interest, but doesn't support debt forgiveness.

It's less about prioritizing certain issues and more that she seems to be unable to trust her own memory and doesn't seem to link any public policy to impacts on her specific life circumstances.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 6, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scags McDouglas posted:

I was going to say "Bold of you to think Trump has access to the normie electorate" but a more civil way to put it is, I don't think Trump will ever move the needle up or down based on new information he presents to voters.

i am listning to the Lakshya Jain talking about stuff and sounds like trump is doing loving awful in suburbs and places that old school republicans and money types have been scared off from trump and or became/replaced by dems or moderates

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

She's incoherent and interviewing her was meaningless. Like it would have been useless to interview many Americans who can't wipe their butt let alone think about their circumstances rationally.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Some of them are pretty boring or straightforward, but the wild ones are pretty wild.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/03/05/us/super-tuesday-election-updates

Like, a bunch of these arent event Trump cultists, just some of the dumbest people alive. I have no idea how these people still know how to breath

:negative:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

My favorite is the guy who came out just to vote in-person for Chris Christie and nobody else two months after Christie ended his campaign, did an interview with the New York Times, and then went home.

And the lady who says "we need to speak out" about our vote to support a new generation of leadership, but also refused to tell the New York Times who she voted for or what primary she voted in.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Big win against “no preference.”

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1765176744774877324?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The new North Carolina voter law is bad in general, but also baffling that they included a provision that bans the state from counting any mail-in or early votes until after all the election day votes are counted.

That just seems bizarre and not even a shameless power grab or partisan thing like the other provisions.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Shammypants posted:

She's incoherent and interviewing her was meaningless. Like it would have been useless to interview many Americans who can't wipe their butt let alone think about their circumstances rationally.

strong disagree that interviewing people like this is meaningless. americans should understand that they have a flailing little toddler government because it accurately represents the will of the electorate.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Dean Phillips also continuing to come in third place or worse in a two-person race in every state except Iowa so far.

Edit: Nope, Dean Williams just barely lost to uncommitted in Iowa 3.9% vs. 3%.

Williams has managed to lose to people who have dropped out or no candidate at all in every primary so far.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 6, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The new North Carolina voter law is bad in general, but also baffling that they included a provision that bans the state from counting any mail-in or early votes until after all the election day votes are counted.

That just seems bizarre and not even a shameless power grab or partisan thing like the other provisions.

Suppress headlines of the “_______ leads in early voting” genre?

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am listning to the Lakshya Jain talking about stuff and sounds like trump is doing loving awful in suburbs and places that old school republicans and money types have been scared off from trump and or became/replaced by dems or moderates

My heuristic guess is that all of those people will bend the knee and kiss his ring when the time comes. I think the 2024 election will be a repeat of his last popular vote vs whatever happens with Biden.

That said, if his raw vote substantially decreases I'll let you bookmark this post and stunt on me all you want.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
One last comment on Sinema, it wasn't just that she was cosplaying as a maverick, but when there was a short period of time where it actually would have given her power, she didn't wield it. She could have traded her vote for some pet project or Arizona specific infrastructure, but she never seemed to actually make any demands except spend less, but I don't care about what.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scags McDouglas posted:

My heuristic guess is that all of those people will bend the knee and kiss his ring when the time comes. I think the 2024 election will be a repeat of his last popular vote vs whatever happens with Biden.

That said, if his raw vote substantially decreases I'll let you bookmark this post and stunt on me all you want.

he isnt talking haley types. but i think some will bend the knee to trump. depends i guess.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he isnt talking haley types. but i think some will bend the knee to trump. depends i guess.
I suspect it’s more his narcissistic vice grip on his core base that makes other republicans bend the knee rather than his Depends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Drowning in student loan debt due to compounding interest, but doesn't support debt forgiveness.

It's less about prioritizing certain issues and more that she seems to be unable to trust her own memory and doesn't seem to link any public policy to impacts on her specific life circumstances.

I think this is the crux of it. They vote based on vibes and make justifying noises to the interviewer, and do that deliberately-not-figuring-things-out learned helplessness routine boomers do with computers any time they're faced with details. Some of them probably are stupid or have some undiagnosed brain injury, but I really think it's mostly the result of deliberately not thinking about stuff.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 6, 2024