Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Ok but seriously though, why does the REPORT and QUOTE button keep swapping places? I thought I was going crazy cause I would try to quote people (via muscle memory) and the report post page would come up but only some times. I finally got a picture of it happening:

… but I don't know how to upload any pictures.

E: apparently this is how things are now. Truly awful.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Thanks for coming to the thread.

:)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Ok but seriously though, why does the REPORT and QUOTE button keep swapping places? I thought I was going crazy cause I would try to quote people (via muscle memory) and the report post page would come up but only some times. I finally got a picture of it happening:

… but I don't know how to upload any pictures.

E: apparently this is how things are now. Truly awful.

Ditto, App Store version

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thankfully I don’t use either of those options.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Skeezy posted:

Thankfully I don’t use either of those options.

Reported

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Re: menu items inverting

That’s poor usability and shouldn’t do that. Items order in a menu should remain regardless of where the menu is opening. Case in point, user up there talking about muscle memory 👆🏼.

If there’s an issue with the code here that’s causing this, just turn that menu into a bottom sheet and it’ll be the same always. That’s a common pattern for iOS.

Edit: new quote styling is cool. Loss of my ghost app icon is boo ☹️

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah. Y’all said this is an iOS thing, but no other app I’ve ever used does that.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
It totally is an iOS thing. I hadn't noticed that they added a way to turn it off in iOS 16, so I'll do that.

I think they were aiming for muscle memory by distance, instead of order?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That would be an interesting approach given how you’re interacting with it. Totally get people being annoyed though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

StrixNebulosa posted:

Tapping on an image to save/copy its link/etc takes like 30+ seconds of long pressing now. Why?

“Why” is indeed the question, and I haven’t had time to follow up on the leads that Pokeyman gave me. Maybe this weekend, but then I’m away from my Mac for a week so if not then it’ll be a while.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Subjunctive posted:

“Why” is indeed the question, and I haven’t had time to follow up on the leads that Pokeyman gave me. Maybe this weekend, but then I’m away from my Mac for a week so if not then it’ll be a while.

Okay, good luck and thank you.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

pokeyman posted:

It totally is an iOS thing. I hadn't noticed that they added a way to turn it off in iOS 16, so I'll do that.

I think they were aiming for muscle memory by distance, instead of order?

Can you make Report and the Trash Bin red too pls? Few would hit a red button by accident.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Oh my god this is gonna be one of those things like how apple made the trackpad scroll the wrong way because it was "more natural" and now that's the default way on everything.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Putting aside my slight shitposting for a second, plz set the menu order to stay with its ordering when the ellipsis is in the lower half of the screen, where Quote is most accessible to thumbs:

Keeping it this way even when the ellipsis is in the upper half of the screen would be great!!

All this applies to the user-specific menu too:

This order is superior to the upper-half-of-screen reverse order coz Profile should be most thumb-accessible.

And regardless of fixing those two menus to their bottom-half-of-screen orders...

spanky the dolphin posted:

Can you make Report and the Trash Bin red too pls? Few would hit a red button by accident.
Big +1's to making the Report Post and the Ignore User items red!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Make it randomise the menu order

Make it double random and have each option just lead to an entirely random result regardless

Don’t bow to these order nazis

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
For some reason I’ve lost all the options for app icons. I’m just using the regular build from the App Store. The only option visible is the blue background with five gold bars.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Arivia posted:

For some reason I’ve lost all the options for app icons. I’m just using the regular build from the App Store. The only option visible is the blue background with five gold bars.

Yeah that was an issue with the TestFlight for a while. The TF build now has the fix and new icons.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Skeezy posted:

Yeah that was an issue with the TestFlight for a while. The TF build now has the fix and new icons.

Well I’ll be damned guess I was on that after all. Just updated, hopefully it’s fixed.

e: yesss I have horribly distorted riker face as my icon now, score

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

My icon reverted, thank Yahweh the frog is still there.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I like the red options idea but I’m not sure that would play ball for accessibility reasons.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Warbird posted:

I like the red options idea but I’m not sure that would play ball for accessibility reasons.

It's already used for Remove Bookmark - I think this is standard Apple design language?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

spanky the dolphin posted:

It's already used for Remove Bookmark - I think this is standard Apple design language?

Funny thing: that long press menu on your bookmark list keeps the list in the same order no matter which direction the list expands in, which is what folks are wanting the other kinds of lists to do

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah from what I understand the bookmarks and the thread view are rendered in different ways. So those seemingly similar menus aren’t as similar as they might look.

I meant Remove Bookmarks from the thread hamburger menu fyi.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tenkaris posted:

Funny thing: that long press menu on your bookmark list keeps the list in the same order no matter which direction the list expands in, which is what folks are wanting the other kinds of lists to do

I think that might still use the weird menu wrapper thing that we’re removing to get back to more standard components, but that is not a position that is over-burdened with facts

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I am also reflecting on how un-Apple it is to have an override for the menu order behaviour, and amusing myself imagining how much of a shitstorm must have been involved in deciding to provide that option in iOS 16.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

All my favourited smilies keep disappearing from Favourites every time I come out of the app now :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

All my favourited smilies keep disappearing from Favourites every time I come out of the app now :smith:

Yeah, that’s happening to me too :saddowns:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This new looks is gonna take getting used to but I don’t like it for now. Sorry.

E: oh I can switch back to classic dark. ☺️

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 6, 2024

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Boris Galerkin posted:

Who's face is this

Nobody has ever been able to figure out, but he sure looks like a #1 grandpa.

Hey just popped in to say the app is good and thanks for everything.

Ulf fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 6, 2024

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Never mind: found the answer.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
As of this newest TestFlight build, I'm noticing the app hangs for 3-5 seconds when I open it after a few hours of having it closed/backgrounded? Whatever the term is

This feels like a thing that never happened even on my older phone, it's super noticeable. I am going to power cycle my phone though to see if it fixes it, I noticed some weird glitches while browsing in chrome yesterday now that I think of it.

Will report back if it persists.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tenkaris posted:

As of this newest TestFlight build, I'm noticing the app hangs for 3-5 seconds when I open it after a few hours of having it closed/backgrounded? Whatever the term is

This feels like a thing that never happened even on my older phone, it's super noticeable. I am going to power cycle my phone though to see if it fixes it, I noticed some weird glitches while browsing in chrome yesterday now that I think of it.

Will report back if it persists.

I think I’ve seen that too, yeah. I haven’t actually waited for it to unfreeze, I just kill it.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Thank you for getting me my frog icon back without having to do test flight again. I was a shambles for days.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Is long tapping on an image to isolate it not working for anyone else anymore?

Awful app is the only place it’s happening. I double checked settings and nothing seems promising there for accidental changes.

For troubleshooting, I’ve had multiple reboots and uninstalled/reinstalled the application. I’m all ears if there’s other steps to try.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Long tap is now very long.

Just keep holding.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Holding on links no longer lets you copy them anymore

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Holding on links no longer lets you copy them anymore

Hold longer

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
“Awful app for iOS: hold longer”

Subjunctive