Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Build the next wall with rebar and a deep foundation.

no, put them in like hockey goals so they can easily pop out and be put back in but you can still "penalize" (threaten to sue) the person responsible for hitting it. Make some money out of your city's lovely drivers/traffic planning.

e: lovely snipe, here's a feelgood article on how fast food places may finally be realizing AI is bullshit and people are cheaper and better at taking orders:

https://thetakeout.com/ai-voice-activated-drive-thru-lanes-fast-food-contracts-1851305332

quote:

Presto Automation supplies AI solutions, specifically voice recognition technology, to a number of major fast food chains including Checkers and Rally’s, Del Taco, and both Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s. Presto’s voice bots are in use across 145 Hardee’s, Carl’s Jr., and Wienerschnitzel restaurants as of February 1, 2024. Restaurant Business reports that the company also supplies digital ordering tablets to casual restaurant chains such as Applebee’s, Chili’s, and Red Lobster.

However, Presto has recently struggled to appease investors; the company is running out of money and has to figure out how to pay its lenders $6 million this month. To make matters worse, Presto is losing some of its biggest clients.

haha get hosed. Free market baby, guess your idea ain't worth your V.C. funding. Also sucks when people can talk online about how much they hate your new bullshit:

quote:

Other chains such as White Castle and McDonald’s have also tested out AI voice recognition in their drive-thru lanes. However, from the customer perspective these new technologies have been a mixed bag. When McDonald’s first tried out similar tech in one of its drive-thru lanes, internet users roasted the bots online for misinterpreting their orders.

Kinda surprised they're actually taking them out, unlike grocery stores that keep paying for self-checkout lanes even when they prove to be more expensive to operate than cashiers and maddening for customers and the poor staff who have to handle 4-8 self-checkouts at a time

e2: VVV For sure. Give them a chance to hit the warning fence, but after that it's Castle Doctrine and nobody wants their castle hit by a car.

Dance McPants has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
O.K. but then put a couple of colossal boulders behind the wall, for scenic landscaping.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/xujIw0P.mp4

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Dance McPants posted:

no, put them in like hockey goals so they can easily pop out and be put back in but you can still "penalize" (threaten to sue) the person responsible for hitting it. Make some money out of your city's lovely drivers/traffic planning.

e: lovely snipe, here's a feelgood article on how fast food places may finally be realizing AI is bullshit and people are cheaper and better at taking orders:

https://thetakeout.com/ai-voice-activated-drive-thru-lanes-fast-food-contracts-1851305332

haha get hosed. Free market baby, guess your idea ain't worth your V.C. funding. Also sucks when people can talk online about how much they hate your new bullshit:

Kinda surprised they're actually taking them out, unlike grocery stores that keep paying for self-checkout lanes even when they prove to be more expensive to operate than cashiers and maddening for customers and the poor staff who have to handle 4-8 self-checkouts at a time

e2: VVV For sure. Give them a chance to hit the warning fence, but after that it's Castle Doctrine and nobody wants their castle hit by a car.

Oh lmao we had a project where we were forced to program stupid interactive poo poo for a professors ~AI social robot~ and the voice recognition AI was was sooooo poo poo. I watched an armenian dude sit there repeating the word "apple" at the robot and slowly becoming more furious as it just refused to understand him and it was loving hilarious. Kinda poor design when apparently it can only (kinda) understand american accents when I was literally the only american taking that course...

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When I was a kid the home video game systems still had 1970s fake wood paneling :v:

:corsair:

My brother.

The lightning really makes this one.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

everything reminds me of her

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

SyNack Sassimov posted:

About 20 years too early

Don't want this one getting ignored lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Slugworth posted:

I was at a museum recently and one of the items on display was the exact microwave I had growing up. I went from "oh man, we had that exact microwave!" to "oh man... we had that exact microwave"

https://twitter.com/sawdustbear/status/1673019722126839810

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Did people have home office floors that looked like that?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

Did people have home office floors that looked like that?

You did if you had kids playing on the floor while you worked. There's probably been a resurgence of this as people started wfh situations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's no way they didn't make this just because of that Season 1 South Park joke.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mind the walrus posted:

There's no way they didn't make this just because of that Season 1 South Park joke.

That was like 20+ years ago.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Remember when you had living relatives who were alive before cars and planes were around? That's you now

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Crab Dad posted:

:negative:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Try going to a Museum of Play.

I see my childhood toys there next to ball-and-cup and lawn darts and cornhusk dolls, a layer of rhetorical dust covering the whole thing, a plaque with a rolleyes emoji saying "how far we've come"

Press the button to incinerate these primitive gewgaws of yesteryear! We've got real games now!

...we had a set of Lawn Darts when I was little :corsair: That one I can kinda give to them, it's hard to believe that giving children heavy metal spikes to throw up into the air ever made it to store shelves.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

27 years I think, 26 at the youngest. People who watched that are now old enough to make calls about museum exhibits, so...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/jxrLG99.mp4

mind the walrus posted:

Crab Dad posted:

Some episodes of South Park season 1 were released on VHS before they were released on DVD, lol.

South Park was also the very first time I was exposed to internet piracy way back in 1997, a friend of a friend had a burned CD of this cartoon from the US which had swearing in it!!! It wasn't shown on TV here in Australia for a whole year after it'd debuted in the US, none of the commercial TV stations would touch it and eventually the weird station which mostly showed foreign movies and international news picked it up

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
South park being old as poo poo is one of the least 'oh no I am old' things mentioned, like no poo poo it's old it had an N64 game that me and my friends would play when we fancied an edgier shitter goldeneye

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/MIy7ki5.mp4

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Quite the opposite, I'm just surprised that its still being produced. I thought that type of humor wouldn't have survived pas the 00's. It's like hearing that Cheers is still getting new episodes or something.

Which is just another way of saying that you're all so very old.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Gross. Blur out that truck’s penis. This is a classy thread, thank you.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ironically it being a jacked up bro truck saved him here, something with reasonable clearance would not have allowed for a full :darksouls: dodge roll to escape.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Takes No Damage posted:

Ironically it being a jacked up bro truck saved him here, something with reasonable clearance would not have allowed for a full :darksouls: dodge roll to escape.

If he couldn't get under it so easily he probably wouldn't have been able to do that though.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Oh, c'mon. That's a "come back, lifted truck penis!" moment if I ever saw one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://i.imgur.com/jxrLG99.mp4

Some episodes of South Park season 1 were released on VHS before they were released on DVD, lol.

South Park was also the very first time I was exposed to internet piracy way back in 1997, a friend of a friend had a burned CD of this cartoon from the US which had swearing in it!!! It wasn't shown on TV here in Australia for a whole year after it'd debuted in the US, none of the commercial TV stations would touch it and eventually the weird station which mostly showed foreign movies and international news picked it up

One of my childhood memories is from the third grade, when the teachers brought us all together to tell us not to watch the filthy new cartoon show on SBS because it was very rude and full of Wrong Things.

You can work out how well informing 40-odd kids with no prior awareness that South Park existed, and what time it aired, went.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Slugworth posted:

I was at a museum recently and one of the items on display was the exact microwave I had growing up. I went from "oh man, we had that exact microwave!" to "oh man... we had that exact microwave"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://x.com/CryptoDailyio/status/1765283949809750119?s=20

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

ow

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sentient Data posted:

Remember when you had living relatives who were alive before cars and planes were around? That's you now

My great uncle Ugg was born three years before the invention of fire. And he grew up so poor his cave didn't get fire until he was a teenager when it had long since become commonplace.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

My great uncle Ugg was born three years before the invention of fire. And he grew up so poor his cave didn't get fire until he was a teenager when it had long since become commonplace.

Your cave had fire? Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Takes No Damage posted:

Your cave had fire? Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

Look at the fancy little lad and his invention of the wheel and poo poo

And currency!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

good stuff

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol i know that museum, whatup, vaclaváku.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Home office? It looks like a European teenager’s bedroom circa 1997

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

Home office? It looks like a European teenager’s bedroom circa 1997

Yeah I remember spending nights faxing with friends and using a printer switch just for fun.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/1Zj8AqN.mp4

:supaburn:

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Can someone translate this to English please?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If it's anything like previous buttcoin stuff, it means that the people who are trying to sell their butts are actually a secret evil cabal trying to manipulate the price by selling, and that means that if you buy their coins for the price they're asking you're actually defeating them in glorious battle

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why the gently caress would you go for the headbutt on the spicy football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Can't even be bothered to add some light around the fire effects, huh?