Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Heavy Metal posted:

I can dig it, a little reminiscent of that Spot guy being in Spider-Man stuff lately. Gotta throw a recent (-ish) goofball in.

Onomatopoeia gimmick is that he only speaks in Onomatopoeias generally before one of the sounds would actually happen. He's a serial killer who targets street level heroes and vigilantes with no powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I always assumed the blue/black thing was the same as it is with Venom, where it was always meant to be black but ended up blue due to 1) The choice of colors used for highlights due to a mix of aesthetics and printing tech at the time 2) People assuming the inverse as a result (blue with black shadows instead of black with blue highlights)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

MonsterEnvy posted:

Onomatopoeia gimmick is that he only speaks in Onomatopoeias generally before one of the sounds would actually happen. He's a serial killer who targets street level heroes and vigilantes with no powers.

I heard Kev Smith and Ralph Garman read/act out that comic on a podcast once. Could work.

I'm definitely rooting for this show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kevin Smith has to be loving stoked a character he co-created is going to be in an animated Batman show.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Nanigans posted:

This is what I always think of

The highlights read more gray than blue to me.

Batman deffo broke that dude's neck what a beast

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheDK posted:

Batman deffo broke that dude's neck what a beast

He killed people on the regular up until the silver age.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Days of Future Past pt 2 and the Brotherhood of Mutants attacks the Capitol and Prof X needs the X-Men there. So of course he gives his catchphrase "X-Men, come to my location."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
so with all the designs I have to assume the show is a period piece

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yeah but don't rag on it for that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Air Skwirl posted:

He killed people on the regular up until the silver age.

No he didn't. He killed people in some of his earliest stories in like the first year, but after that the bad guys always died by their own hand or hubris.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

so with all the designs I have to assume the show is a period piece

It’s explicitly based on Golden Age Batman, yes (except they also threw Harley in)

Curious if they’re going to announce an actual release date soon, this has been in development for at least a few years now if I recall correctly

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Storm: I shall stop him as gently as the falling snow.

*causes the road to ice over and the car drives directly into a tree*

Also kind of wild how Beast spends the entirety of the first season in jail.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Storm: I shall stop him as gently as the falling snow.

*causes the road to ice over and the car drives directly into a tree*

Also kind of wild how Beast spends the entirety of the first season in jail.

Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
moon girl s2 is really good, i think i'm gonna have to try re-reading the series

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Morph pretends to be a minister and this somehow makes it so that Scott and Jean aren't married.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

moon girl s2 is really good, i think i'm gonna have to try re-reading the series

Lunella is a kind of a little snot in the series, the show did a lot to fix her up imo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

site posted:

Much like Big Hero 6, the cartoon is actually a big improvement over the original comic from what I understand (I’ve only seen the cartoon however)

Speaking of Moon Girl, there’s 10 more episodes left apparently but it doesn’t seem like they have a release date yet (and a third season is being planned but not confirmed as of now)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 7, 2024

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

site posted:

Moon Girl's comic appearances kind of suck. She's more of a know-it-all instead of actually being smart like in the show. When she was in the same comic as the Fantastic Four, they dumbed Reed down HARD just to make her look smarter than him.

Basically, you are missing absolutely nothing by skipping the comics as cartoon Lunella is a much better character.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The aesthetics of that new Batman show are quite, quite promising!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MAWS is getting its own comic series in June:

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/07/my-adventures-with-superman-comic/

Don’t think we’ve gotten any Season 2 updates though aside from it likely happening sometime this year

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 7, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think there are more queer people on screen in moon girl s02e12 than every other marvel studios property combined

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

site posted:

I think there are more queer people on screen in moon girl s02e12 than every other marvel studios property combined

Wow three queer people?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there were at least 3 couples on screen at once during the dance and then 2 (or 3?) more shown separately during the rest of the episode. pretty good for a disney property. also i noticed indya moore and asia kate dillon in the voice credits in a couple earlier episodes, so that was neat

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I was making a joke about how bad Disney is at LGBT rep

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah I gathered, but still wanted to point it out

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Another X-Men ‘97 teaser with a bit of new footage:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dRo7IWHjcbM

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Taking Scott's visor to make him less dangerous only makes sense if you do something like surround him with puppies like Madeline did in Dark Web. Him in a room with two assholes and no visor just means those guys are going to have a bad day.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Makes perfect sense that the average goon wouldn't know that though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

Makes perfect sense that the average goon wouldn't know that though.

I don't have a problem with the scene, it's just like the dumbest thing to do. Like asking Wolverine what is the best at doing and how nice is it?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Uhhh, I meant the average goon in universe in case that wasn't clear, can't tell if you thought I meant you.

The average person in the animated universe wouldn't know who Wolverine is either probably.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The second half of Moon Girl S2 starts this weekend

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yBCw-QPVm1g

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
X-Men '97 showrunner has been fired by Marvel and will no longer be involved in future seasons, or in any promotion for S1. Something pretty significant must have gone down behind the scenes for this to happen just before the show premieres; wonder what.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1767622288101576948

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

X-Men '97 showrunner has been fired by Marvel and will no longer be involved in future seasons, or in any promotion for S1. Something pretty significant must have gone down behind the scenes for this to happen just before the show premieres; wonder what.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1767622288101576948

The guy very recently wiped all his socials as well so I’m guessing it was something pretty bad

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 12, 2024

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

The guy very recently wiped all his socials as well so I’m guessing it was something pretty bad

What he did wasn't very nice, bub

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well whatever happened, hope this doesn’t cloud people’s perceptions of the show when it comes out. Otherwise it’s probably not going to last very long knowing Disney’s track record with recent animated shows

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Larryb posted:

The second half of Moon Girl S2 starts this weekend

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yBCw-QPVm1g

:toot:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
mixed up threads

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 13, 2024

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Fall of the House of X Well goodbye Dr Stasis, you always were the least competent of the Essex copies.

Sir, this is the animation thread.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Endless Mike posted:

Sir, this is the animation thread.

You are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Suicide Squad anime starts this July