Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I think it's often because they're cutting trailers before the film is actually finished (thus why you often have scenes in trailers that don't appear in the films themselves)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

yeah trailers have to work with nowhere-near finished shots sometimes

the first trailer they put out for fury road is funny to look back at

repiv fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 5, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/ACriticalHuman/status/1764637483340308746?t=hZws9e5UD8avvwUp2M9WtQ&s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Trailers are also often made by completely different companies that clearly think audiences are brain-dead morons.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

gently caress You Zaslav.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67vbA5ZJdKQ

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Looks great. Gorgeous animation. Disney step it the gently caress up

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Remember the Monsters Inc show from 2021? They apparently decided to give it another season 3 years later

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yvhhtZ2ywj8

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

who knew that 'the good dinosaur but a robot' was exactly what i wanted

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It’s a shame they reveal at the end there’s voice actors, because I honestly would happily watch that without hearing a voice at all.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Larryb posted:

Remember the Monsters Inc show from 2021? They apparently decided to give it another season 3 years later

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yvhhtZ2ywj8

Thanks for the heads-up, my kid loves MAW.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

The_Doctor posted:

It’s a shame they reveal at the end there’s voice actors, because I honestly would happily watch that without hearing a voice at all.

There’s no way that would get past corporate. Perhaps a fan cut.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

So I guess Dreamworks is also adopting the Pixar model of "one sequel, one original film" to let the executives have a safe bet and still test the waters.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The_Doctor posted:

Wiley E Coyote I recall had a rather posh voice in at least one of the old episodes, when he's describing different roadrunner recipes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Wiley E Coyote I recall had a rather posh voice in at least one of the old episodes, when he's describing different roadrunner recipes.

There's a handful of instances where he talked as I recall but it wasn't a common occurrence

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

"What if Wall-E, but just the first act?" fixes all my problems with Wall-E.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Larryb posted:

There's a handful of instances where he talked as I recall but it wasn't a common occurrence

I think he mostly talks when he's paired up against Bugs Bunny and the one where he directly addresses some kids asking questions about why he keeps chasing the roadrunner, but yes he's always given a very posh voice.

(the ones with the sheepdog don't count as that's technically Ralph the wolf, not Wild E. Coyote despite sharing the same model)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

I think he mostly talks when he's paired up against Bugs Bunny and the one where he directly addresses some kids asking questions about why he keeps chasing the roadrunner, but yes he's always given a very posh voice.

(the ones with the sheepdog don't count as that's technically Ralph the wolf, not Wild E. Coyote despite sharing the same model)

Outside of that he speaks at least once in Tiny Toons (and possibly The Looney Tunes Show) as well

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
If I hadn't found out it was the adaptation of a children's book, I would have assumed The Wild Robot was directly pitched as a feature-length version of the Overwatch short 'The Last Bastion'.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Finally got around to watching Nimona and my favourite joke is that the protagonist is just a "villain coding for Disney characters" checklist where they ticked everything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ungulateman posted:

If I hadn't found out it was the adaptation of a children's book, I would have assumed The Wild Robot was directly pitched as a feature-length version of the Overwatch short 'The Last Bastion'.

I mean, you're already halfway to The Iron Giant there. (Which is itself based on a children's book that's waaay old)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ungulateman posted:

lol that's what I was thinking watching it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean, you're already halfway to The Iron Giant there. (Which is itself based on a children's book that's waaay old)

Yeah I was about to say, like when the robot's color scheme goes red it sure seems like it's priming for a "omg the robot is a horrible weapon" reveal. I don't mind seeing The Iron Giant again for sure but I hope this is taking a different tack than it looks like.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Rooster Teeth is shutting down

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh no where will I get my mediocre CG anime from now? :geno:

I do feel bad for the people getting laid off though, but reading the article it seems like they've been a sinking ship for a while (plus it's a borderline miracle they made it this long being owned by WBD)

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Seems like it was a long time coming. A lot of my friends from art school got scooped up by Rooster Teeth for their first jobs to animate on RWBY. I had heard that they never paid well and worked them to the bone and gave them titles and responsibilities they weren't ready for.

One of them told me about having to deal with the "famous" members of the staff too and that sounds like a nightmare.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I remember reading horror stories about their crunch culture for some of the later RWBY seasons and Gen:Lock.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This is a total guilty pleasure, I know.
But I do want RWBY to just have an ending. If all they need to do is put out like a couple of comics or something, just finish it up.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I said this in the Trailer thread, but the book series is a favorite in my family. I'm happy to find out this exists, it looks this incredible, and there are scenes in the trailer exactly as I pictured them from the first book. I never thought Dreamworks would be outdoing Disney/Pixar. Also it has Mark Hamill and Matt Berry, this is going to be great.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

LifeLynx posted:

I said this in the Trailer thread, but the book series is a favorite in my family. I'm happy to find out this exists, it looks this incredible, and there are scenes in the trailer exactly as I pictured them from the first book. I never thought Dreamworks would be outdoing Disney/Pixar. Also it has Mark Hamill and Matt Berry, this is going to be great.

I haven’t read the books but I might get them for my kids. But the main question seems to be how much dialog the actual movie will have. How much dialog is in the book?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Shaocaholica posted:

I haven’t read the books but I might get them for my kids. But the main question seems to be how much dialog the actual movie will have. How much dialog is in the book?

A decent amount. Mostly the robot learning human (well, animal) emotions, that kind of heartstring-tugging stuff. The longer the first book goes on the more characters and dialog gets introduced, so I feel like the first part of the movie will deliver what people here seem to want.

Edit: Put this on for my daughter and her mom when they got home and they shrieked and then stared at the screen in awe the entire time. Don't gently caress this up, DreamWorks! Really well-edited trailer, too.

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 6, 2024

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I never heard of the series, but I'm sold on the trailer.

And that's a REALLY good use of "What a Wonderful World"

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://youtu.be/LEjhY15eCx0?si=wqAfr3tv34H2G4fY

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Feeling extremely ehhhhhhhhhhhhh about this one

Floopy
Mar 7, 2024
https://www.deadline.com/2024/03/john-wick-twilight-tv-series-lionsgate-television-animated-1235846773/

:psyduck:

Also reviews have been coming in for Kung Fu Panda 4 on Rotton Tomatoes, and is currently at 74%.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Breetai posted:

Last I saw it had a solid 0% critic reviews on rotten tomatoes.

How did Megamind 2 manage to accomplish this? Sight unseen I have no doubt that it's a cheap, profoundly worthless movie, but it seems like the floor for kids' animated movies is usually about 40% on RT.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://variety.com/2023/film/global/aztec-batman-new-hero-annecy-1235645078/

I know nothing about this. But batman azteca looks rad

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That is a sickass design, but jesus christ I am Tired of Joker. Guys, Batman has other villains, use them.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

General Dog posted:

How did Megamind 2 manage to accomplish this? Sight unseen I have no doubt that it's a cheap, profoundly worthless movie, but it seems like the floor for kids' animated movies is usually about 40% on RT.

Megamind has an extremely rabid fan base and not even like a horny type of fan base. There are people for whom Megamind is an extremely formative like filmmaking and storytelling experience who absolutely despise the new film. And they're loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Robindaybird posted:

That is a sickass design, but jesus christ I am Tired of Joker. Guys, Batman has other villains, use them.

Who??
I'm with you. There are a ton of fun villians that are not Joker.