Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Maneck posted:

Also, hey look everyone, you can now buy a spotlight cache key for a ton of money.

Jokes on them, I got Pixie in one. I ain’t need no whale keys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
What does pixie do exactly?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
She swaps the costs of all the cards still in your deck, so a 6 cost card could become a 0 cost and the 0 cost becomes 6 cost etc.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

plainswalker75 posted:

She swaps the costs of all the cards still in your deck, so a 6 cost card could become a 0 cost and the 0 cost becomes 6 cost etc.
swaps - like Zola becomes a 0/6 (like peak or negative)? Or does it move the costs around, so if I've got Zola and Wasp, Zola becomes a 0 cost and Wasp becomes a 6 cost?

wyoak fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 5, 2024

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hipp Klaw came up in my shop. Bought him to add to my album, complete my Buy 10 track, get 2000 tokens and get Bandleader Wong as my bonus free card. And I had zero variants for either of those guys. Man, even when it’s not actually tied to anything, the start of the season always feels so much better.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

wyoak posted:

swaps - like Zola becomes a 0/6 (like peak or negative)? Or does it move the costs around, so if I've got Zola and Wasp, Zola becomes a 0 cost and Wasp becomes a 6 cost?

Swaps costs, not costs and power. So Zola becomes 0 and Wasp becomes 6. But it only applies to cards that started in your deck, so nothing happens to Infinity Stones or Mjolnir/Storm Breaker.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It sure seems like they are quietly getting rid of both Series 4 cards and gold bundles

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It sure seems like they are quietly getting rid of both Series 4 cards and gold bundles

So the only future series 4 cards are those that were previously series 5

Edit: To clarify, they would be shuffled down to series 4 from 5

Red fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 5, 2024

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Pixie in 1

So far she seems like Mr. Negative in that you need to draw a lucky order of cards for her to be effective. Most games she's sitting comfortably at the bottom of my deck while my hand fills up with 6-costs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Red posted:

So the only future series 4 cards are those that were previously series 5

Edit: To clarify, they would be shuffled down to series 4 from 5
Assuming we get more series drops that often. There has only been one since the Spotlight system started last July

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

victorious posted:

Swaps costs, not costs and power. So Zola becomes 0 and Wasp becomes 6. But it only applies to cards that started in your deck, so nothing happens to Infinity Stones or Mjolnir/Storm Breaker.

wyoak posted:

it's important to note Pixie shuffles, NOT swaps.

she does not choose pairs of cards and exchange costs between them.

she takes all the costs on all the cards in your deck that began there, randomizes them, then assigns each card in deck a cost from that list.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I'm not ready to consider her, like, Martyr tier or anything but I still don't really understand what Pixie's best use case is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I'm not ready to consider her, like, Martyr tier or anything but I still don't really understand what Pixie's best use case is.

I think it’s just another way of doing the whole “variance your deck” thing like Negative or Lockjaw just in a different way.

I don’t think she’s a particularly strong card. But she’s definitely cool + interesting.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

My Second Re-Reg posted:

the chance of 6 costs costing 0-3.

and playing MMM means none of your cards can end up with higher costs

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Got it - I'm down to two keys right now so probably won't get her but she does sound fun in a chaotic way

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Fate Accomplice posted:

the chance of 6 costs costing 0-3.

and playing MMM means none of your cards can end up with higher costs

So if it turns out Pixie gets popular, Sandman becomes that much more necessary.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I played 10 games with Pixie and lost all but two of them, one of which was to a bot. And that was with multiple dream starts of Pixie on 2 into Mobius on 3. Similar to Mr Negative she's got a cool effect but is inconsistent. Unlike Mr Negative she doesn't have the support of Zabu/Ravonna/Psylocke to either get the effect earlier or mitigate not getting it at all.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Apparently she can swap the cost of cards... back onto the same cards. Unless people are just unlucky and it's swapping a 1-cost with a 1-cost. Was thinking she would be fun with Thor/BRB but hammers don't start in your deck.

Some kind of High Evo - Hope deck might work? Play into Hope on 4, float energy on 5, play Shenaut on 6. Less reliance on Magik/Leech combo.

Edit: Haha, nope - Magneto stayed at 6-cost despite being the only one.

Concurred fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 5, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
she shuffles the costs, not swaps. the costs are put into a bucket and reassigned randomly back to the cards in the deck, which does in fact mean that the high cost cards can stay high and the lower stay low

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
im 2 fuckin pennies short of free google bucks to buy the season pass

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
Definitely had Pixie shuffle cards with themselves. One match was like she wasn't even played. Still fun in a high evo style deck.

Anyone having success with Hope Summers?

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

flatluigi posted:

she shuffles the costs, not swaps. the costs are put into a bucket and reassigned randomly back to the cards in the deck, which does in fact mean that the high cost cards can stay high and the lower stay low

A card getting its own cost back isn't even a rare occurrence - if my math is correct if you play Pixie on 2 with 7 cards in your deck, the chance at least one of them gets its own cost back is greater than %60 (note that this *is not* saying that if there's only one 6-cost card in there it's a %60 chance it stays 6 - that chance is *much much* smaller). If you play Pixie when there are only 2 cards in your deck it's 50-50 whether they switch or not. That's how shuffling anything works.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Yeah not terribly interested in any of the cache cards.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Well I played Pixie with Mobius in hand. Then opponent also dropped Mobius.
Won anyway because Magneto but still.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pixie and Negative would be so much better if they also hit your hand.

But maybe that would be too crazy?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Dunno about Pixie but Negative would be broken as hell

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
If Pixie hit your deck *and* your hand I think she'd be worth it.

Negative would be 100% busted though lol

e: Few things fill me with life quite like getting The Peak with Mr N in hand

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

My Second Re-Reg posted:

e: Few things fill me with life quite like getting The Peak with Mr N in hand

Oh yes, this keeps many salty bad negative runs from making me delete my favorite decks. You just gotta avoid snapping right away because your opponent knows what's about to happen.

More testing with pixie. Seems fine for big decks, but not a major enabler like Negative. More so sometimes she high rolls the same way you can high roll with Moon Girl and She Hulk?

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
The variants are terrible too so I'm just gonna keep skippin

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

I'm late series 3 and got 7 new cards today, and no idea which one to try first (well, probably not Spider-Man 2099 which is the one I got off a regular progression Reserve).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, opening Spotlights when I you need all four cards must feel divine.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Well, I have about 60 percent of Series 4+5 cards so the fourth spotlight is more likely to give me a duplicate than not, but this time it was a hit (Phoenix Force).

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
yeah last time it happened was when they did series drops, I didn't have 4 of the garbage cards + buying echo for 3k tokens when she dropped and picking up the regular battle pass/release cards I got like 6 cards in a week and I felt loving alive

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is this the least generous conquest reward season ever? 400 credits and 200 gold total for the whole month

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

Is this the least generous conquest reward season ever? 400 credits and 200 gold total for the whole month

I seriously think they borked something on the backend of their RMT economy and people aren't spending enough money in the shop. Either they had too many good bundles in the past, the Spotlight system is too generous, folks have too many Tokens stockpiled, or something cause it really seems like they're trying to shave gold and credits off players' stacks wherever they can get away with it.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 6, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Skippy McPants posted:

I seriously think they borked something on the backend of their RMT economy and people aren't spending enough money in the shop. Either they had too many good bundles in the past, the Spotlight system is too generous, folks have too many Tokens stockpiled, or something cause it really seems like they're trying to shave gold and credits off players' stacks wherever they can get away with it.

None of the above. When Nuverse announced closure Second Dinner went out and got $100m of venture capital investment. We are now paying that back.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Well, maybe somebody is, but I've got all the cards I want and a healthy stockpile of keys and gold so I ain't spending another dime for a good, long while.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

Last season there was no PMV reward. It’s back this month.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
With all the hype people had for Pixie, and getting burned on Supergiant not being the hype train it was going for either, I'll wait for a killer pixie deck before I start blowing my 4 keys.

If anything, I'm holding out for War Machine, because I cannot fathom him NOT being a staple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

War Machine seems like the only ‘must have’

Mockingbird will be decent but not essential. Cannonball seems like he will mostly suck.

Arguably Hope may be the best card this month if War Machine doesn’t work out as well as we think