Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

He had three touchdowns in one game and the problem isn't he gets shoved off routes. The problem is he can't stay healthy

He’s had 9 TDs in the other 20-something games he’s played. He has problems with physicality. He doesn’t play as big as he is and doesn’t really go over guys to get balls.

Statistically he’s basically a less healthy Gabe Davis.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Troy Franklin looked like poo poo at the combine so I’m hoping he drops to Tennessee now. I’ll be honest I need to dig into Xavier legette because with how great all the big names looked at the combine Tennessee might be picking between him and Franklin at 38 at this rate

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Personally, I would like to see AD Mitchell on the Chiefs.

I think Mitchell is off the board way before the Chiefs pick, he basically CeeDee Lame Lite. CeeDee is significantly better coming out but body wise they are very comparable.

Calidus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 6, 2024

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Troy Franklin looked like poo poo at the combine so I’m hoping he drops to Tennessee now. I’ll be honest I need to dig into Xavier legette because with how great all the big names looked at the combine Tennessee might be picking between him and Franklin at 38 at this rate

Callahan is gonna want a big body. Congrats on Johnny Wilson.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Green Bay is trying to trade CWat. It'll probably take a 3rd or future 2nd-round pick. He can be so good, but his hammy's man.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Play posted:

Yeah I don't get the hate, it's just combining available testing numbers in one place and assigning a score. About as objective as it gets, just don't take it as gospel in terms of them being great players or some poo poo and you'll be fine.

I don't know I remember L'Jarius Sneed and Tariq Woolen being big time combine performers in terms of size and speed, both taken after pick 100 and both hugely outperformed their draft slot. Then guys who performed in college but didn't test well who were drafted high and ended up disappointments.

Of course you can find examples of any scenario but size and speed is pretty drat important in a corner, not necessarily the most important thing but you gotta have at least some of it. Especially in the later rounds, there are much worse strategies than taking a chance on pure athleticism and possibly unmet potential, especially in young prospects.

I'm actually not crazy about tackles being insanely tall. Long arms is nice, solid body is nice, but I would say I prefer shorter legs and slightly shorter height overall because being super tall makes it very easy for pass rushers to get under you and very difficult to win that battle of leverage. In fact after a cursory look the current best tackles in the NFL are mostly 6'4 or 6'5. Which could just be because super tall guys are more rare, but just biomechanically I think there is a point at which further height is counterproductive.

Giant Left Tackles rule. 6'9" Alejandro Villaneuva didn't even become a tackle until he he was almost 30, and for like 5 solid years, he was the best LT I'd ever seen on the Steelers

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Sneed was 6’, 192lbs and ran a 4.37. That pretty dam close to ideal DB size and speed.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

40 yard dash times for DBs are cool and all but I want times for backpeddling 10 yards.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The only issue with that is not everyone does the Saban backpedal and a lot of DBs are starting to do the open body coverage against X receivers because the NFL is so much about quick passes now you can cheat deep route coverage.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Green Bay is trying to trade CWat. It'll probably take a 3rd or future 2nd-round pick. He can be so good, but his hammy's man.

Why are they trying to trade him? Who else do they have at WR??

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Why are they trying to trade him? Who else do they have at WR??

Reed
Wicks
Doubs
Melton

We will also most likely draft a WR. We have a type, but that type seems to be changing.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/BrettKollmann/status/1765278863918342216?s=20

Stock rising for Legette

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rome wasn’t built in a day

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

All roads lead to Rome

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Give a dawg a Rome

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ET phone Rome

Etc

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rome is a very good WR and I’m grateful that he played on my college team. I wish him the best :)

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Odunze, Rome is Burning (DBs)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Callahan is gonna want a big body. Congrats on Johnny Wilson.

Lol. In all seriousness our current top two are DHop and fat huffy puffy treylon so I think we have plenty of big body. Just need speed

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Chris Simms QB Rankings are out.
https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1765428349738918041?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Drake Maye is the Jordan Love of this draft. Get him somewhere where he can sit, and some QB coach can beat the hell out of his bad habits and mold him into a stud.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
His habits aren't even that bad lmao.

He is the second best QB in this draft pretty easily.

Jayden Daniels is being cosmically overrated lol.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Jayden Daniels put up more all purpose yards than Burrow.

He’s accurate, fast, plenty of arm strength, and most importantly stays calm under pressure.

Drake sucks at throwing under pressure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Jayden Daniels put up more all purpose yards than Burrow.

He’s accurate, fast, plenty of arm strength, and most importantly stays calm under pressure.

Drake sucks at throwing under pressure.

Actual Production is whatever, especially considering he's playing with 2 FR WR's and a good offensive line. Things that Drake Maye definitely did not have.

He does not stay calm under pressure. That man only throws the ball 50% of the time time when he faces pressure. Everything else is either a Sack or running the Ball. Has a ~25% pressure to sack rate(Fields was 24, Sam Howell was 27)

if he faces any sort of actual pressure, he either runs or gets sacked half of the time, rather than trying to throw out of it.

And his Deep ball is drastically overrated, as even when Nabers/BTJ were running past DB's on slot fades and go balls, he would often underthrow them, and put the ball in sub optimal positions. His arm is fine, but it's not anything special. I think JJ McCarthy has more like actual arm talent than he does.

Also He's a 5th year starter, Burrow's one year explosion at least happened after only one year of starts.

I could be wrong obviously as who the gently caress knows about QB drafting besides the Packers I guess, but man this Jayden Daniels thing just screams Zach Wilson to me.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 6, 2024

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Daniels put up those numbers in the SEC; Zach Wilson was styling on midmajors during the COVID year.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
The other thing about his production was Brian Kelly was actively trying to get him the Heisman and left him in games that were well in hand in order to juice his numbers. I have no opinion on whether he's a better prospect than Maye or not though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Daniels put up those numbers in the SEC; Zach Wilson was styling on midmajors during the COVID year.

I mean yeah sure, I don't mean he's literally Zach Wilson, just someone screaming up draft boards after the season in a way that I personally just don't agree with.

But hey could be wrong. who the gently caress knows.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

dphi posted:

The other thing about his production was Brian Kelly was actively trying to get him the Heisman and left him in games that were well in hand in order to juice his numbers. I have no opinion on whether he's a better prospect than Maye or not though.

That just shows how inferior a coach Brian Kelly is to Coach O, as he didn't need to pull such shenanigans to get Burrow a Heisman and the #1 pick.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jalen Carter owned Daniels' soul with one arm. Daniels needs to add 50 pounds and stop trying to truck linebackers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yearly reminder that Josh Allen loving sucked rear end vs Mountain West competition in college and none of us know poo poo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dexo posted:

Actual Production is whatever, especially considering he's playing with 2 FR WR's and a good offensive line. Things that Drake Maye definitely did not have.

He does not stay calm under pressure. That man only throws the ball 50% of the time time when he faces pressure. Everything else is either a Sack or running the Ball. Has a ~25% pressure to sack rate(Fields was 24, Sam Howell was 27)

if he faces any sort of actual pressure, he either runs or gets sacked half of the time, rather than trying to throw out of it.

Going back in time to read posts about Lamar Jackson.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a neat cape posted:

Yearly reminder that Josh Allen loving sucked rear end vs Mountain West competition in college and none of us know poo poo

Yeah that coaches actually do matter for how QBs turn out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Going back in time to read posts about Lamar Jackson.

Yeah, Lamar Jackson was much much better and explosive runner/deep thrower, and he still had a lower Pressure to Sack Rate.

Lamar Jackson also doesn't weigh 150 pounds, and is actually weirdly extremely good at avoiding getting hit despite running all the time.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 6, 2024

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dexo posted:

Yeah, Lamar Jackson was much much better and explosive runner/deep thrower, and he still had a lower Pressure to Sack Rate.

Lamar Jackson also doesn't weigh 150 pounds, and is actually weirdly extremely good at avoiding getting hit despite running all the time.

Daniels is like 210.

He averaged 11.7 yards per passing attempt. Which is 3 yards more than Lamar did in any season. He averaged a 8.4 yards per rush which is more than Lamar did in any season. He’s maybe the more explosive college player ever by numbers. He doesn’t have the sort distance quickness that Lamar does but he’s effortlessly fast and his highlight reel big hits are e because he invited contact which is a coaching issue. He showed plenty of times that he can run away from guys or get down to avoid contact if he wants to. He’s also been pretty durable.

I’m not saying he’s Lamar but it’s pretty funny to see the same “he’s not a passer, he only looks to run, he’s not going to survive in the NFL” complaints aimed at another black QB only this time he had a 72% completion percentage and threw 40TDs to 4 ints.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Drake Maye is the Jordan Love of this draft. Get him somewhere where he can sit, and some QB coach can beat the hell out of his bad habits and mold him into a stud.

I thought that was supposed to be JJ. Not that it will matter when he gets drafted by Denver or a post-Cousins Minnesota or something and has to start week 1

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Dexo is right about Daniels getting sacked a lot and not being that great under pressure.

His deep ball being iffy isn't that fair though since I think he has a really quick release that's designed for darts down the middle. It's high and tight so he can deliver the quick hitting routes Brian Kelly loves. He throws pretty nice deep balls as long as it's 35-40 yard shots since he can absolutely hit those broken seam routes or sideline TD shots. It's just when he has to push it further than that is when Nabers and Thomas would have to hold up a bit for the ball. Not amazing like Maye or Williams but perfectly fine.

He's a bit tentative on shorter routes and tends to hold the ball if he isn't seeing an intermediate route developing, but other than that I think he's a smart QB that looks for good shots. He's not like a McCarthy who has to have his hand held through every series.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m not saying he’s Lamar but it’s pretty funny to see the same “he’s not a passer, he only looks to run, he’s not going to survive in the NFL” complaints aimed at another black QB only this time he had a 72% completion percentage and threw 40TDs to 4 ints.

I need you to trust that's not what my black rear end is doing lmao.

Jayden Daniels Average Depth of Target was

His only year challenging defenses deep was this one where he had two rear end kicking WR's getting wide rear end open. His completion percentage also increased massively this year.

I just really really would be more hesitant to trust the 5th year starter breakout year happening in tandem with a guy having the best receiving core in college and a badass offensive line in front of him. I could completely eat crow, wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong, but yeah when I watch Jayden Daniels I see Justin Fields but 15 pounds lighter, and albeit with a quicker release, less pure strength, but similar problems with the quick game and getting the ball out on time, and also far less willing to push the ball unless it's wide rear end open.

He is very very good at taking care of the ball tho too. I dunno. I think he's a top prospect, but I just absolutely don't see him as a better prospect than Maye.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 7, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jayden Daniels rules, sorry.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dexo posted:

His only year challenging defenses deep was this one where he had two rear end kicking WR's getting wide rear end open. His completion percentage also increased massively this year.

I just really really would be more hesitant to trust the 5th year starter breakout year happening in tandem with a guy having the best receiving core in college and a badass offensive line in front of him.

Definitely be skeptical of an LSU transfer QB having a breakout year after a middling college career up until that point, especially when paired with two top flight receivers. When has that ever worked out?

Daniels is not without his issues but Drake Maye also has issues its just the team around him was kinda middling you can just hand wave and say “not his fault, needed better talent.”

Daniels may bust (he sure as poo poo will if he goes to the Pats), but my argument has always been that Daniels was going to be a riser in the process because in a world where Anthony Richardson went 4th and Will Levis went in the second round you can’t count on teams defaulting to the big armed white guy. At least some teams out there are approaching the QB position differently and what he offers is tantalizing enough that it’s not an easy comparison and it’s facile to say that teams that don’t have Maye as the 2nd QB are clearly wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Daniels was good in 2022 (certainly better than Burrow's 2018 although as mentioned previously that was his first starting year), just not at this level.