Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

symbolic posted:

lmfao again

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly Nintendo is not in the wrong on this one.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I said come in! posted:

Honestly Nintendo is not in the wrong on this one.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

hatty posted:

These people that hate Nintendo are always the most desperate to play their games its very strange behavior

It's because the actual thing they hate is paying for games.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Ammat The Ankh posted:

P sure its just brainworms forcing them to play games on the most powerful available option which Nintendo is unwilling to allow.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

well hang on a minute, think of all the Reddit Gold an extra $60 could buy

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

hatty posted:

These people that hate Nintendo are always the most desperate to play their games its very strange behavior

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

These people live in a different world.

Some Reddit guy posted:

Nintendo could have gotten that sweet sweet Money from the PC market if they released the games for PC.

Were tired of playing on lovely 30fps/720p hardware limited gameplay.

Cemu, and Yuzu showed how the games SHOULD be played in 2024.

This lawsuit will speed up the Switch 2 Emulator to stick it to nintendo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

one of the greatest pictures of all time

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It is what it is, hopefully another team comes along to pick up the emulation slack

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

hatty posted:

New to the thread, I see

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Shammypants posted:

It is what it is, hopefully another team comes along to pick up the emulation slack

Maybe a team without a dedicate #crimes channel in their official Discord, even.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don’t need a Nintendo Switch emulator because it’s extremely easy for me to play Nintendo Switch games currently. In the future when Nintendo Switch games become unavailable for purchase I will be glad that a Nintendo Switch emulator exists.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hapless emulator group: "Yeah I'm gonna keep flying closer to the sun. The gently caress you worried about? Watch this poo poo."

The sun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZe9LDRsm_I

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

symbolic posted:

lmfao again

Someone post the Tails gets trolled image with Shadow in it. Maybe with a Nintendo logo on there to show Segas downfall, idunno.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Waltzing Along posted:

People are mad that they can't steal as easily any more?

Yeah yeah, corpos bad. But c'mon, Nintendo are not the bad guys in this situation.

Also, if this means fewer people bragging about playing games early cuz they pirated them, then good. I don't care if you pirate. But don't brag about it. It's a bad look.

Big N is actually one of the better if not the best(not that it's a necessarily high bar to clear) in terms of employee retention and treatment and don't do that whole hiring and firing thing that other big tech and gaming companies do. They are also one of the few(maybe even the only?) Japanese companies that acknowledge same-sex marriages and rights. It's one of the things that bugs me about these discussions in that other companies do SIGNIFICANTLY worse poo poo yet slide off on it. Makes it more blatant that it's the piracy thing which is frankly a non-issue to me since it's expected.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pirating is cool and good when a company refuses to let people pay for their products.

These dorks screaming about Nintendo cracking down on current game piracy is hilarious.

Waaaahhhh we want this portable game to play as well as on my PC! NINTENDO HATES GAMERSSSSS!!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

the most persecuted group of them all.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lol, y'all, look at this old interview with Miyamoto I just stumbled upon, wherein he says that the design of the US SNES console was guided by the fact that we were obsessed with soda cans at the time (to the point where we had soda can holders in our cars, which was bewildering to them) and they wanted to make sure people wouldn't set their soda cans on their SNES and risk spilling it all over the console

This is the most aggressively American thing I've seen in months :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulb1CTV6F2I

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thanks for keeping us updated on what the brain dead chimps on Reddit are saying

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i love nintendo, and want to kiss them

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Inzombiac posted:

Pirating is cool and good when a company refuses to let people pay for their products.

These dorks screaming about Nintendo cracking down on current game piracy is hilarious.

Waaaahhhh we want this portable game to play as well as on my PC! NINTENDO HATES GAMERSSSSS!!

Nintendo is for people of all ages with a sense of wonder and fun in their hearts so of course they hate Gamers

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

"Corpos are bad", "Piracy is not morally wrong 90% of the time" and "The Yuzu devs were idiots, hosed around and found out" are all perfectly compatible statements.

The thing that gets me mad is Citra getting hosed given 3DS support is over at this point.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

doomrider7 posted:

I actually enjoyed some of those more than the main dungeons. Gerudo Pirate Fortress was fun as was the Ikana Well and Castle(Stone Tower was just over the top awesome though to beat).

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Some more news about the Yuzu thing.

https://twitter.com/HikikomoriMedia/status/1764894963194597458?t=37VjD1XlC0HoZJvMtQXxmA&s=19

https://twitter.com/golden_aion/status/1764720852807925785?s=20

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

lol

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

"Corpos are bad", "Piracy is not morally wrong 90% of the time" and "The Yuzu devs were idiots, hosed around and found out" are all perfectly compatible statements.

The thing that gets me mad is Citra getting hosed given 3DS support is over at this point.

This is my take on it too. Citra getting hosed over is by far the biggest crime here, given Nintendo JUST shut down the eShop for that system. Also my 3DS is a piece of poo poo and falling apart and I don't want to play stuff on it anymore. I'd rather use Citra on my Deck.

Switch emulation will be nice in 15 years when the Switch eShop gets shut down, but for now I don't give a poo poo!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

doomrider7 posted:

Big N is actually one of the better if not the best(not that it's a necessarily high bar to clear) in terms of employee retention and treatment and don't do that whole hiring and firing thing that other big tech and gaming companies do. They are also one of the few(maybe even the only?) Japanese companies that acknowledge same-sex marriages and rights. It's one of the things that bugs me about these discussions in that other companies do SIGNIFICANTLY worse poo poo yet slide off on it. Makes it more blatant that it's the piracy thing which is frankly a non-issue to me since it's expected.

I mean they did basically put a guy in indebtured servitude for life to make an example of him. It's nice that they are cool with gay people but that is very much a thing they did.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ramie posted:

I mean they did basically put a guy in indebtured servitude for life to make an example of him. It's nice that they are cool with gay people but that is very much a thing they did.

That dude was putting out software to brick systems if you didn't keep paying a subscription though, I'm not weeping any tears for him especially since he ran a fundraiser to "get his life back on track" and immediately showed up months later with the Switch flash card. He learned nothing.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Also let’s be real here, I know twitter has settled on some really inflammatory soundbites but the guy got his wages garnished. He’s not imprisoned in the Nintendo Reeducation Facility. He’s not clapped in iron and toiling away in the Nintendo mines.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Snake Maze posted:

Also let’s be real here, I know twitter has settled on some really inflammatory soundbites but the guy got his wages garnished. He’s not imprisoned in the Nintendo Reeducation Facility. He’s not clapped in iron and toiling away in the Nintendo mines.

He is literally being forced to pick turnips in Sub-Con World

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ramie posted:

You are very dumb. Bye.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
rip bowser forced to toil in the bob-omb mines

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Ramie posted:

in fairness, his name was Bowser

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The flashcart he’s allegedly working on is the worst flashcart ive ever seen

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

https://twitter.com/saaaaarraah/status/1764957084427166002

Hahahaha

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lol, y'all, look at this old interview with Miyamoto I just stumbled upon, wherein he says that the design of the US SNES console was guided by the fact that we were obsessed with soda cans at the time (to the point where we had soda can holders in our cars, which was bewildering to them) and they wanted to make sure people wouldn't set their soda cans on their SNES and risk spilling it all over the console

This is the most aggressively American thing I've seen in months :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulb1CTV6F2I

Another reason the NES was the best console ever. Stacked so many soda cans on that bitch :911:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lol @ everything. I wholeheartedly support emulators and emulation and I'm never gonna go to bat for big corporations but it's amazing the level of stupidity, whininess and entitled self interest on display by half the people involved with yuzu.

One of my favourite genres of internet cringe is when members of a fractionally small subset of consumers of a certain product massively overestimate their prevalence and importance amongst that consumer base and this has that in spades.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you’re having OS problems, I feel bad for you son.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fun Times! posted:

Nintendo is getting absolutely slammed on Reddit. I hope this doesn't affect the Switch 2.

It's hard to affect something that doesn't exist.

Also :lol:, Reddit. I'm fully on Nintendo's side now. Death to emulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
After peoples reactions in here and the totk thread before release, I think it's good that you is getting thrown into a dumpster and bullied