Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Lmao if you didn't have multiple female friends that thought you were gay instead of oblivious and bisexual as a teenager

The worst part about going to a single-gender school is not getting this, and so being hopelessly lost for several years longer than average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cleretic posted:

The worst part about going to a single-gender school is not getting this, and so being hopelessly lost for several years longer than average.

Eyyyyyyyy. My wife thought I was gay when I thought we were dating.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Air Skwirl posted:

Has anyone invented a cat toy that cats will like better than the box it came in?
The box some other random thing came in.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

What about now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jabberlock posted:

What about now

Now she knows

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

theflyingexecutive posted:

________________________/

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

oh, not that sting i quess

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think my most brilliant moment was when I was leaving a house-warming party and the hostess told me I didn't have to go home because there was plenty room in the bed and I just went home.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You idiots made the elementary mistake of not remaining oblivious forever. You'll never be embarrassed about your past mistakes if you simply don't realise you made them. Ignorance is bliss.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I was following my friends upstairs at a nightclub, and some girl moved into my path, locking eyes with me. I tried to move to the left, she moved to the left. I tried to move to the right, she moved to the right, still making eye contact. So I danced with her for a bit, and then when I saw an opening I slipped past her, up the stairs, to join my friends.

What I was thinking I do not know.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"And so, members of the jury, you'll find that no reasonable man could have been oblivious to the circumstances leading to the explosion and th--"
"Whoa whoa can I cut in here? I'm an IDIOT. I once helped clean after a girl's house party and she said my muscles must be sore from moving some chairs around so she offered to massage me in the shower and I said there's no point to a shower if I'm just gonna get back into the same sweaty clothes. And left. What do you say, Your Honour?"
"Yeah we don't need the jury for this one, you're free to leave. Everyone else go home."

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Overall it's probably for the best if guys are really reluctant to interpret things as an invitation for sex.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What if you're actually dumber now than you were then and your initial reaction was the right one

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

wash bucket posted:

Overall it's probably for the best if guys are really reluctant to interpret things as an invitation for sex.

thank you, this

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I was so insecure in my teens 20 when a girl sleeping in my bed offered to give me a blowjob I thought "man can you imagine, that would be great" and then made a dumb joke, so nothing happened.

The same thing happened at a later time in what could have very well have been a potential threesome.

But man, can you imagine, that would have been great.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

wash bucket posted:

I was once told "wow, your heart is racing" so I went to get my phone out of my pants that were several steps away from the bed we were laying down in so I could show off the neato app that used the phone flashlight and camera to measure heart bpm to her.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do you all have a humiliation fetish or something because why would you share any of that

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

To each and all of you

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Heath posted:

Do you all have a humiliation fetish or something because why would you share any of that

Ok, I've grown and learned a lot from past mistakes so here goes: you said "fetish", so I think you want to have sex with me, right?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Heath posted:

I know what had happened before and what happened after for my example, it's just a funny story.

You got something against sharing humorous relevant anecdotes?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

Ok, I've grown and learned a lot from past mistakes so here goes: you said "fetish", so I think you want to have sex with me, right?

No they want to have sex with this thing:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
now i know that's not a horga'hn aaaand i think integrating the use of horga'hns into our society would be a net gain imo. less missed connections, more jamaharon

Lazy_Liberal has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Mar 6, 2024

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Heath posted:

Imagine being this repressed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Heath posted:

I mean... you don't even know who the gently caress I am so it's kinda hard to be humiliated here.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

now i know that's not a horga'hn aaaand i think integrating the use of horga'hns into our society would be a net gain imo. less missed connections, more jamaharon

Y'know now that I think about it, we really did innovate harder than was useful with dating apps, I think Trek really did have it right by just inventing a sign that says 'Single And Looking' that people carry around.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

wow u interpreted a situation wrong when u were inexperienced, under lots of stress, and can now look back on it and laugh knowing you've grown into a better person?

you fuckin loser lmao

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

crabrock posted:

wow u interpreted a situation wrong when u were inexperienced, under lots of stress, and can now look back on it and laugh

Yeah!

crabrock posted:

knowing you've grown into a better person?

Hm wait I'm not sure about that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We all put on our warpaint before posting on something awful.

As seen here

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like hearing the based stories. a woman thought she could get a poster's essence but got pwned instead.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
A girl once paid for tickets to a play I wanted to see because I mentioned it offhandedly, came dressed to the nines and when we got back to her place poured some wine and changed into something more comfy but also more revealing. I had a reasonable amount of wine and then politely left because she clearly wanted to go to bed.

Years later, on the second date with my now wife, I was obsessing over something she said on date 1 about trying to make more friends. So after everything, having ending up at the third place (dinner, event, coffee) because we kept wanting to hang out I walked her to her car, it's like 10:30pm or so.

A light, misty rain started and we were standing beneath the rain-romantic beams of a streetlight neither of us making a move to leave. She leaned in slow and kinda close so I looked into her eyes and took her hand and immediately said, "So these are dates right? I know you're looking for friends and I think you're really cool and I'd like them to be dates, but if we're just friends I'd still like to hang out." And she laughed at me and told me yes, they were dates. And has spend the past near decade making fun of me for it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cleretic posted:

Y'know now that I think about it, we really did innovate harder than was useful with dating apps, I think Trek really did have it right by just inventing a sign that says 'Single And Looking' that people carry around.

They didn't go far enough, imo. We need more signs. How about an "I'm bored and have an hour to kill so I'm up for a chat" sign? Or an "I've recently moved here and am looking for a new friend group" sign? Or an "I am currently obsessed with Baldurs Gate 3 and will discuss it at length with literally anyone who will listen" sign? Normalise holding up handwritten signs with your exact needs written on them in large print, I say.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

https://twitter.com/markarby/status/1764960049464590338

The replies.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

We should stop this derail now cause it hurts and has infinite potential to go on

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Can't park there mate

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/JeffSchuhrke/status/1765173772821094474?t=capKX8Y5diw7G-LwyL5_sw

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kazil posted:

Can't park there mate

What does South Korea's low birth rate have to do with this?

edit: oh n/m, misread the order of your words

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Heath posted:

There's something fun about sharing in mild embarrassment where nobody got hurt, I feel. Makes me feel I'm not alone in having fumbled the bag where my crush at the time had me at her place, alone, and I showed her a card game rather than have my like, third kiss ever (we did end up kissing later, but it wasn't meant to be)

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

People are having some fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I learned how clueless I tend to be and simply ask for clarification of intent on dates. It works pretty well, and as a bonus it filters out people who'd inevitably get annoyed with my neurodivergent rear end.