Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/SayaDoesStuff/status/1764831639081726074?t=g-1bzFKU7qkSgD6MLYUjxQ&s=19

These Pale Rider basketball edits are sending me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This is actually hard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/bnfw_en/status/1765105000148001078?t=Crfw2srKDId88B0CkRH_gA&s=19

March 31st USA premiere in Los Angeles and New York for SEED Freedom.

Also pretty much confirms that they're sticking with the NYAV crew for the film's English dub, not that Ocean was ever going to come back.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 5, 2024

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What would the experience of watching the movie without having seen seed or destiny be like

Is it at all coherent without that previous knowledge and/or is it wild enough that watching without context would be funny?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

What would the experience of watching the movie without having seen seed or destiny be like

Is it at all coherent without that previous knowledge and/or is it wild enough that watching without context would be funny?

It would be entirely incoherent but maybe that would improve the experience.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

For reference watching riverdale season 4 episode 3 without any notable prior knowledge of the show is one of the best media watching experiences I have had

I've heard some fairly nutty stuff about what happens in seed freedom, is the presentation fun though?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

For reference watching riverdale season 4 episode 3 without any notable prior knowledge of the show is one of the best media watching experiences I have had

I've heard some fairly nutty stuff about what happens in seed freedom, is the presentation fun though?

It's pretty buckwild so maybe? It's certainly not a subdued movie.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It's pretty buckwild so maybe? It's certainly not a subdued movie.

I think the question being asked is "are we dealing with Wing-levels of batshittery that is fun to watch," or "are we dealing with Build Fighters Try."

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

I’m mad because I want both to progress, this is some awful bracketing!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Warmachine posted:

I think the question being asked is "are we dealing with Wing-levels of batshittery that is fun to watch," or "are we dealing with Build Fighters Try."

I'd say closer to Wing.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Warmachine posted:

What's your tolerance for horny bullshit?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

cool i'll see if my friend who watched seed wants to see it

chrome line posted:

What's your tolerance for horny bullshit?

difficult to articulate as it's pretty context dependent. let's call it "mild"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MechaX posted:

I’m mad because I want both to progress, this is some awful bracketing!

Yeah this ones rough

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

proof of the strongest immediately started playing in my head

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Caphi posted:

It owns that the picture they picked of Dianna is as Kihel though.

Should've made it a picture of Kihel as Dianna instead, to make it funnier.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

Should've made it a picture of Kihel as Dianna instead, to make it funnier.

There's always next match!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the best possible option would have been to have kihel herself on the other side of the tourney, represented by an image of her as dianna

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DarthVeda00/status/1765374530447446473?t=-PAj9JWijnahDUO9zzyaSQ&s=19

That was a straight up brawl but the sucker punch beat the shining finger

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My favorite so far are the people who were really pulling for Banagher Links to beat Char Aznable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My favorite so far are the people who were really pulling for Banagher Links to beat Char Aznable.

Even so,

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

X-Ray Pecs posted:

wow

takes all kinds

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/DarthVeda00/status/1765374530447446473?t=-PAj9JWijnahDUO9zzyaSQ&s=19

That was a straight up brawl but the sucker punch beat the shining finger

Not sure how to feel about this.... glad for chuchu but its also a good bit of recency bias imo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I voted for chuchu

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I also voted for Chuchu.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Might as well post today’s matchups!

Zeheart Galette (AGE) vs Chibodee Crocket (G Gundam)
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1765376807811903863

Reccoa Londe (Zeta) vs Seabook Arno (F91)
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1765376836819677384

Allenby Beardsley (G Gundam) vs Shiro Amada (08th MS Team)
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1765376859389264043

Suletta Mercury (G Witch) vs McGillis Fareed (IBO)
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1765376892079657456

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chibodee
Reccoa
Allenby
McGillis

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Chibodee
Reccoa
Allenby
McGillis

this, also because I don't have any interest in G Witch tbh

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
drat chuchu won by only 93 votes. Not quite the mustache brawl with Ral but still a tight race.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Posting some Turn A thoughts now that I'm a bit over halfway through the series.

The series has grown on me a lot. To be honest, I didn't love it at first. The early part of the show really focuses on Loran and Sochie, and both those characters are pretty generic at the start (and also nude way too often). Some of the editing is also weird early on. It can be difficult to tell how much time or space has moved between sudden cuts. Either that gets better as the series goes on or I just got used to it. The story gets more interesting when the Kihel/Dianna switch happens, and we get Kihel's character development and Dianna's retracing her steps in the past. That said, if Dianna knows what she got Kihel into while she goes on her memory tour, she's a huge jerk. But I guess it's in her character to be shortsighted.

The mobile suits are fun and weird. I haven't watched every gundam show ever made, but I feel like Turn A has an above average number of suits that aren't just basic humanoid in design. The FLATs in particular are a highlight so far.

Poe is great. I love a good failure in a Gundam show, and she's killing it in that department. I just watched the Crybaby Poe episode, and it lays it on a little too thick. But I assume we're near her breaking point. Side note: from certain angles, her Almaiya in that episode looks like Gamera.

Guin Rhineford is another amazing failure. It's great how much leverage he thinks he has when negotiating with an army that ends up destroying his capital with a single suit. We should all strive to has his level of self-confidence. At first I thought he has some insight into Loran's gender that would be relevant later on. Now I'm pretty sure he was just doesn't want to think about his attraction to a boy, so he calls him a woman's name in some kind of Zapp Branningan maneuver.

Speaking of names, Gavane Goonny is a top tier name.

Joseph is a good example of a character who is kind of an rear end in a top hat with his heart in the right place. He definitely seems jealous of Loran piloting the gundam earlier on. He was also quick to call dibs on the latest best mobile suit the militia gets and backdoor brags about its strength. I'm hoping he gets more screentime.

I could watch the Rett team dance and yell at things all day. Definitely the best sub-faction in the show.

Harry Ord has also grown on me. I initially didn't love how straightlaced and non-scheming he is for a Char clone. But it's fun to watch him end up as one of the few loyal Dianna Counter members and clown on just about everyone he engages with. I still don't quite see where the love for him is coming from, but I have almost 20 episodes to go.

As I'm getting to the back half of the show, I assume we're going to end up in space soon. I'm looking forward to seeing more Moonrace characters from space beyond the Dianna Counter. I'm honestly more interested in that than Earth's secret history or whatever.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Ibblebibble posted:

Chibodee
Reccoa
Allenby
McGillis

This, except I'm voting for Seabook. (I don't vote for terfs on principle)

Professor Wayne posted:

Posting some Turn A thoughts now that I'm a bit over halfway through the series.

The series has grown on me a lot. To be honest, I didn't love it at first. The early part of the show really focuses on Loran and Sochie, and both those characters are pretty generic at the start (and also nude way too often). Some of the editing is also weird early on. It can be difficult to tell how much time or space has moved between sudden cuts. Either that gets better as the series goes on or I just got used to it. The story gets more interesting when the Kihel/Dianna switch happens, and we get Kihel's character development and Dianna's retracing her steps in the past. That said, if Dianna knows what she got Kihel into while she goes on her memory tour, she's a huge jerk. But I guess it's in her character to be shortsighted.

The mobile suits are fun and weird. I haven't watched every gundam show ever made, but I feel like Turn A has an above average number of suits that aren't just basic humanoid in design. The FLATs in particular are a highlight so far.

Poe is great. I love a good failure in a Gundam show, and she's killing it in that department. I just watched the Crybaby Poe episode, and it lays it on a little too thick. But I assume we're near her breaking point. Side note: from certain angles, her Almaiya in that episode looks like Gamera.

Guin Rhineford is another amazing failure. It's great how much leverage he thinks he has when negotiating with an army that ends up destroying his capital with a single suit. We should all strive to has his level of self-confidence. At first I thought he has some insight into Loran's gender that would be relevant later on. Now I'm pretty sure he was just doesn't want to think about his attraction to a boy, so he calls him a woman's name in some kind of Zapp Branningan maneuver.

Harry Ord has also grown on me. I initially didn't love how straightlaced and non-scheming he is for a Char clone. But it's fun to watch him end up as one of the few loyal Dianna Counter members and clown on just about everyone he engages with. I still don't quite see where the love for him is coming from, but I have almost 20 episodes to go.

The Kihel/Dianna switch is so good, it also does make Sochie and Loran so much more interesting in how they interact with the 2 post-switch. Dianna is definitely shortsighted enough to have not thought about what this meant for Kihel until it happened, but also I do think she realized pretty quickly and feels immensely guilty about it (as she does for just about everything)

The Syd Mead designs are incredible, so unique and even the human ones feel completely distinct from everything else in the franchise. We need more modern gunpla from this show, the HG Turn A needs friends even if there won't be any Master Grades. There have already been build kits for a few!

I love Poe. Ultimate girlfailure. Guin is also a great character, he has so much unearned self confidence. My read has always been that he's a chaser who looked at Loran and immediately saw Gender, but there are other possible reads

And Harry rules because of how consistent he is, but he really shines in the back half of the series. Hope you enjoy the rest!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Guin's a great character cause he's trying very much to be CCA Char with out really being able to back it up and it blows up in his face. Its clear on rewatch that Lily was totally using him and Guin just doesn't catch on

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Chibodee
Seabook
Allenby
Suletta

McGillis loving sucks

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

McGillis and Gaelio are the only interesting IBO characters

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
McGillis absolutely sucking is what makes the poor developmentally-stunted bastard so compelling, though.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
New gunpla for Turn A, Turn X, Gold Sumo, and uh Cannon Illefuto yeah please

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darth Walrus posted:

McGillis absolutely sucking is what makes the poor developmentally-stunted bastard so compelling, though.

Yeah, this. McGillis undeniably sucks and that's why he's such an enjoyable character.

Suletta will absolutely destroy him but that's just McGillis' life. Can't win against anyone. Now Montag though, that guy could pilot a MS alright.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
McGillis is great, a standout character in a show that has a lot of good characters. Suletta is going to win because she's relatable and likable, while McGillis is certainly not the latter and hopefully not the former, but I think he's an incredibly compelling character and I do wish he had any chance at all

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, this. McGillis undeniably sucks and that's why he's such an enjoyable character.

Suletta will absolutely destroy him but that's just McGillis' life. Can't win against anyone. Now Montag though, that guy could pilot a MS alright.

That's not fair, McGillis wins many battles! He just always loses the war

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If Domon can't beat a side character then there's no way in hell McGillis is beating the MC.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm sitting here wondering who else out there thought the villain with serious parental favoritism issues was gonna beat the Queen of the Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Note that Domon apparently won last year, so at least part of that match's results might have been people just not voting for the previous winner. Though yeah, really don't see McGillis winning against the most recent protagonist.