Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

*slamming palms on interrogation room table* I SAID LOOK AT HIM, LOOK AT THE PHOTOS. now I'll ask you one. more. time: did you do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

i say swears online posted:

he has the worst performance in lots of movies

Walken was great in Severance

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Walken is like Nicolas Cage in that if it's a good project and a director who knows how to use him, he can be great, but a lot of people just want him to be the guy who is recognizable as who he is and that's it, and if that's what he's getting paid to deliver, that's what he's gonna deliver

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I did run into a 4 year-old doing an Erkel impression recently. Maybe he got it from a Tiktok idk

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

what started this meme posting about Urkel

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

We were trying to to name the character most similar to you

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

currently polling zoomers all over the world:

DO YOU KNOW THIS NERD?

Buck Wildman posted:

*slamming palms on interrogation room table* I SAID LOOK AT HIM, LOOK AT THE PHOTOS. now I'll ask you one. more. time: did you do that

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Buck Wildman posted:

"Use your...imagination, detective."

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Okay, I finished Bear Season 2 awhile back. The Christmas party flashback episode was really good and probably the best overall episode of the show, didn't care much for the rest of the season.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dunc 2 review:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1765247788374499512?t=htOUSgNUy87FWBXjcjXldQ&s=19

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Buck Wildman posted:

*picks up a photo*
SHH!
Not while I'm savoring...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

his review of Madame Web was "I saw Madame Web"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

it's even better. he was the voice of both the competing comedic Fox and dramatic CBS adaptations at the same time

i see so what youre saying is that sonic the hedgehog was originally black and the live action movies are a travesty because theyve whitewashed him

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

his review of Madame Web was "I saw Madame Web"

kojima is ftw. pure and innocent in his ways of consuming American media

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Xaris posted:

kojima is ftw. pure and innocent in his ways of consuming American media

he doesn’t miss

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nonsense posted:

this is all Bob Denver's fault. :argh:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

i see so what youre saying is that sonic the hedgehog was originally black and the live action movies are a travesty because theyve whitewashed him

sonic was always black-coded

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

losing my poo poo rn

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

currently polling zoomers all over the world:

DO YOU KNOW THIS NERD?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I just asked my 30 year old coworker if he knows who Steve Urkel is and he said "yes"

then i asked him how he knows Urkel and he said "I have no idea."

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I just asked my 30 year old coworker if he knows who Steve Urkel is and he said "yes"

then i asked him how he knows Urkel and he said "I have no idea."

In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life. That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist’s desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life. The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
they should've cast urkel to be the hacker/safe cracker in die hard. complete the circle.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
This Key & Peele sketch is the source lf my Urkel Knowledge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3BuqUnxAU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

they should've cast urkel to be the hacker/safe cracker in die hard. complete the circle.

Yes. Also the name of the character is Theo.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

losing my poo poo rn

george was always black coded

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxjRhvUghA4

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

losing my poo poo rn

JERRY: Hey, youre back. So, how was it?
GEORGE: You wouldn't believe it! I ate from the same plate, drank from the same glass, and prayed to the same God as my fellow Muslims!
JERRY: That's amazing!
GEORGE: And get this, their eyes were blue and their hair blonde.
ELAINE: Get out.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i saw Pretty Woman for the first time recently and it was wild seeing George Costanza as a crazy rapist

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

HootTheOwl posted:

As all good emperors should be. The best ones are

I wondered if that was the point of casting Walken, to make the emperor look old and tired. In the books, the emperor looks 35 despite being 90.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

aw frig aw dang it posted:

In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life. That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist’s desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life. The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams.

Losing my poo poo in the bathroom rn in more ways than one

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Walken is like Nicolas Cage in that if it's a good project and a director who knows how to use him, he can be great, but a lot of people just want him to be the guy who is recognizable as who he is and that's it, and if that's what he's getting paid to deliver, that's what he's gonna deliver

Yes, and I think he did very well in Dune 2. It's honestly a weird role in a film full of weird roles, because there's not a ton of dialogue yet he's the bigger bad than the big bad, Baron Harkonnen.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Samuel Glompers posted:

Sketch is better than any episode of Family Matters

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I guess if there was ever a scene or photo of Urkel holding a toy gun, someone would have made a funny joke video or meme intercutting that with the Die Hard cop's flashback speech.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

Yes, and I think he did very well in Dune 2. It's honestly a weird role in a film full of weird roles, because there's not a ton of dialogue yet he's the bigger bad than the big bad, Baron Harkonnen.

He's just nothing in it. It's a very empty role that exists for the plot. His biggest scene is dropping a scroll and then the ones where he stands up. Not really enough for him to be good or bad at anything

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Samuel Glompers posted:

this really does find time to sum up the Urkel Phenomenon very well for anyone who wasn't around for it, I'm impressed

also lol'ed at "I've done more cocaine than you weigh"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekxNdBZizNQ

Magdalena Bay makes catchy music and I like their 90s-internet-core weird trippy art videos with clipart and low-res backgrounds and Laura Dern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Augus posted:

Zoomers grew up with internet access they know who Urkel is lol

I'm a millennial and I only know Urkel from Simpsons/other shows references and not from watching Family Matters itself.