Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

very clever word substitution ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

bradzilla posted:

Apple takes tech rolled out by other companies years ago, sanitizes it with the Apple Touch and waters it down to be palatable to the average person. The type of person who never changes settings because they're "afraid of breaking it."

Hot take. Sorry I don’t have to root the back door and scrub the cache and double the node or whatever to make my poo poo work and that it upsets you

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

Hot take. Sorry I don’t have to root the back door and scrub the cache and double the node or whatever to make my poo poo work and that it upsets you

Hmm yup I definitely only mentioned literal basic settings accessible to anyone. Seems to be a truth you don't want to hear and ain't ready for

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Apple products are for dumb dumb idiots

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Brand wars are dumb and a waste of time

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Racists have a much more exciting life than normal well adjusted people because they are constantly living in a terrifying hellscape where everyone is out to get them. That's not the fun part though: The whole SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE OR LEAVE thing is extremely funny because all humans are fundamentally boring and if you understand what people are saying in any given conversation it'll be about shopping and prices and traffic or the weather or how annoyed they are with their family. Everyone is just as boring as the next person because life isn't all that wild and when they do stand out it's because they're probably an rear end in a top hat

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We are cosmic beings, made of hydrogen forged in the Big Bang and iron birthed in exploding stars, among other elements.
A miracle, every one of us, everything a miracle. That we exist, in this reality.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Brand wars are dumb and a waste of time

but i have no personality so the stuff I buy is all I got.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

redshirt posted:

We are cosmic beings, made of hydrogen forged in the Big Bang and iron birthed in exploding stars, among other elements.
A miracle, every one of us, everything a miracle. That we exist, in this reality.

This is true and also we're pointless meat being piloted by electric impulses. We're an idea, trapped in a shell.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Apple circa '01-12 I would have agreed, nothing touched the macbooks for function and reliability.

The entire Product Experience is only centered around MVP now. They can only achieve the polish they do because they have closed all the gates and aggressively stripped out everything that caters to niche users and edge cases.

If it works for you great but it is because you are doing nothing remarkable.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

This is true and also we're pointless meat being piloted by electric impulses. We're an idea, trapped in a shell.

The world is an oyster
Locked in a shell
You like the taste of it
But can’t take the smell

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The world is an oyster
Locked in a shell
You like the taste of it
But can’t take the smell

actually the world is a vampire

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Love is a battlefield

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
life is a highway

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ReelBigLizard posted:

Apple circa '01-12 I would have agreed, nothing touched the macbooks for function and reliability.

The entire Product Experience is only centered around MVP now. They can only achieve the polish they do because they have closed all the gates and aggressively stripped out everything that caters to niche users and edge cases.

If it works for you great but it is because you are doing nothing remarkable.
There is no greater aspiration in life than to have circumstances that allow you to do nothing remarkable.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

We are the Universe, shitposting to itself

naem
May 29, 2011

zedprime posted:

There is no greater aspiration in life than to have circumstances that allow you to do nothing remarkable.

I’ve been working on this for a few years now

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I jerked off twice this morning and once last night.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Steppenwolf would like a word with you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvP806798U

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

redshirt posted:

We are the Universe, shitposting to itself

I stared into the abyss and the abyss said "lol"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Rad-daddio posted:

life is a highway

"Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it
all night long!"

This lyric makes no sense why would you ride a rollercoaster all night long there are other rides to enjoy!

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Life is chaos, death is order.

Thats right, dad, gently caress your rules! They're dead! DEAD!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you game on a PC, work on a mac, simple as

unless you’re in a corporate environment, then you also work on a PC, a sick, putrescent PC that begs every day for final death that will not come, in a roiling miasma of management, logging, security, and vpn software and policies

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
If they made CAD software that ran on a Mac I'd be tempted.

Way back in1990, my shop bought a cam software system, and it came installed on a Mac as a package deal.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Rad-daddio posted:

If they made CAD software that ran on a Mac I'd be tempted.

Way back in1990, my shop bought a cam software system, and it came installed on a Mac as a package deal.

Virtual Gibbs?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

you game on a PC, work on a mac, simple as

unless you’re in a corporate environment, then you also work on a PC, a sick, putrescent PC that begs every day for final death that will not come, in a roiling miasma of management, logging, security, and vpn software and policies

can't do 3d machine design on mac unfortunately

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i mean you can it's just a huge loving headache cause it's clearly a kludge as the design is for windows. integration with other apps sucks etc

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Tarkus posted:

Virtual Gibbs?

Lol yep!

I've still got the instruction binders for it too complete with bbs numbers for tech support.

We kept the original computer, but the gfx card went out so it's just a museum piece for the attic.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Rad-daddio posted:

Lol yep!

I've still got the instruction binders for it too complete with bbs numbers for tech support.

We kept the original computer, but the gfx card went out so it's just a museum piece for the attic.

Lol. VG was the first cam system I used when I was like 14 and they had just come out with a DOS version. Nice looking interface but clunky as poo poo, was pretty cool at the time though.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Better hope they don't rugpull psychostimulants like they did opioids

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

wesleywillis posted:

I jerked off twice this morning and once last night.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MFs definitely weren't ready for that truth were they?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

MFs definitely weren't ready for that truth were they?

the fail gbs mods hate when you speak truth to power ✊️ stay strong brother

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

op, moments after blasting a third fat nut in twelve hours

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Wasting semen without intent to procreate is an affront to God.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tarkus posted:

😬

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Tarkus posted:

Okay but I never told him to swallow, he did that himself.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
if god didnt want us to suck dicks he wouldnt have made them fit together like lego

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

20 Blunts posted:

lmao seek therapy

So was it a truth you didn't want to hear or one you ain't ready for?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Tarkus posted:

Easy enough, just gotta convince God that I had every intention of getting my shower floor pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you think about his track record even using semen to get pregnant seems excessive.