Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Poe follows the same mid league nerf policy. More or less. It works pretty well. Use the broken stuff if you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaysette posted:

I met a bunch of cool big creatures during the campaign but I think all of them died? :rip:

this as the thread title

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

zoux posted:

I feel guilty leaving all that loot on the floor ._.

the rest of it was never worth your time and we must be saved from the part of ourselves that thought it was

be free of your chains, brother

namaste

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

This feels ambivalent to me because if it just costs gold then there's way less of a bottleneck on shattering/acquiring shards (even now with the boost to the number of runes vendor stock, I can afford way more than are actually available) so it stops being a decision on which items are worth it and starts being Just A Thing You Do where the only limit is your tolerance for tedium - and since we're talking about ARPG players that could get messy.

Kind of the same reason vendoring isn't really worth it except maybe at the very start of the game - sure, more gold is better than less gold (this is even more true for gold than for shards since eventually you'll have enough of almost everything for any plausible crafting you actually want to do) but nobody wants there to be a reason to pick up anything you aren't going to use, and making more shatters available makes more items useful but not in a way that's actually fun for anyone.

otoh the game does probably need more gold sinks

I honestly had gold problems buying shatter runes until level 80+. I was shattering anything I didn't have 20 of though. The solution is to have an auto shatter loot filter option. Have it tag everything as "shatter junk" and have a single button press to deduct the gold and give you the shards.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

gnoma posted:

It's a pretty wild take, imo. In order to not make players feel bad about their builds getting nerfed (by bug fixes) they are creating an environment where you get to choose between 40k eHP with max investment on a 2h Void Knight or millions of eHP with mild investment on a Profane Veil abusing Warlock. Like they think somehow that doesn't feel bad for the Void Knight player.

does making others suffer in what's basically a single player game (pretty much all arpg's are single player games for 95% of the playerbase or more) make you any happier? if you're going to be a stickler about the leaderboards just to justify this stance, you can sort by class, hardcore/softcore, and how many players were in the arena.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, Its a pve game. Sure leaderboards are going to look a little weird this season, but that's it. I'm playing a warlock and I'm not even using the bug, but I don't care if anyone else does.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bamhand posted:

I honestly had gold problems buying shatter runes until level 80+. I was shattering anything I didn't have 20 of though. The solution is to have an auto shatter loot filter option. Have it tag everything as "shatter junk" and have a single button press to deduct the gold and give you the shards.

At least they seem to have increased the number of runes carried by vendors, to my memory it was 3-4 before 1.0

Oh nice, some runemaster tell me if this fixes the Flame Rush problem

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

zoux posted:

Yeah but D4 basically committed suicide when it brutally nerfed a bunch of bugged out builds with their first big patch. The Void Knight player is likely to roll a warlock if they feel that bad about it.

they didn't nerf bugged builds (except 1 or 2), they took all the modifiers that gave damage multipliers and cut them by 40%, then another ~25% the following patch

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is it worth it picking random stuff up off the ground to vendor it? I like that the inventory does feel a lot larger than POE so it's not as much of a slowdown to do it.
Nope. They're worth very little to vendor, and leaving the zone to unload at the vendor resets it including your explored map. Gold drops are worth about as much if not more than vendoring things, just keep moving forward so you get better drops.

Dallan Invictus posted:

This feels ambivalent to me because if it just costs gold then there's way less of a bottleneck on shattering/acquiring shards (even now with the boost to the number of runes vendor stock, I can afford way more than are actually available)
You can just hop back and forth between two zones with vendors and buy out all their shattering runes, which refresh each time you change zones. Getting more shattering runes if you have more money than the vendors stock them is simply a matter of, well, tedium.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

gnoma posted:

In today's patch notes (https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/last-epoch-patch-1-0-2-notes/66953) EHG gave their stance on fixing bugs mid-season:

Also, from a dev post on reddit:

It's a pretty wild take, imo. In order to not make players feel bad about their builds getting nerfed (by bug fixes) they are creating an environment where you get to choose between 40k eHP with max investment on a 2h Void Knight or millions of eHP with mild investment on a Profane Veil abusing Warlock. Like they think somehow that doesn't feel bad for the Void Knight player.

As an offline only player I love this approach. What other people are doing with their builds has exactly zero impact on my enjoyment of the game. I was never on the top of the power curve on PoE, but I got hundreds of hours of fun out of it. LE is the same - I'm always behind the curve and will never farm all the 'perfect' gear to achieve what some of these crazy streamers do, but as long as my build is viable and I have fun until I get the itch to reroll, I don't care!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

gnoma posted:

In today's patch notes (https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/last-epoch-patch-1-0-2-notes/66953) EHG gave their stance on fixing bugs mid-season:

It's the correct approach.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

The Locator posted:

Only for your first character. Once you have unlocked factions on your first guy, every other character can talk to the faction guys to make a choice in the very first town at level 3 or 4.

Oh hey good to know, didn't know that cause I accidentally made a character-only toon first so I guess I wasn't able to see it on my second one!

(I still stand by the rest for passive points and idol slots though)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

gnoma posted:

Hahaha, it was always sitting in the back of my mind that XP tomes probably shouldn’t be doubled up from CoF. Seems they also thought that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It's the correct approach.

Lol the subreddit vehemently disagrees.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Reoxygenation posted:

Oh hey good to know, didn't know that cause I accidentally made a character-only toon first so I guess I wasn't able to see it on my second one!

(I still stand by the rest for passive points and idol slots though)

I'd be okay with some sort of a campaign skip, but I honestly don't really see the point (personal opinion obviously), as there isn't *that* much difference between running the campaign for early levels and the unlocks vs. running monoliths for them. I'm still running around killing crap to get loot and rewards, just a slightly different setting.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The BOGO book sale always made me laugh. Are they killing it? That's sad

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm happy either way because I'm in my God Gamer abode (the clouds), watching......

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

zoux posted:

More proof that reddit is trash.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

zoux posted:

Yeah but D4 basically committed suicide when it brutally nerfed a bunch of bugged out builds with their first big patch. The Void Knight player is likely to roll a warlock if they feel that bad about it.

lmao I doubt the majority of the D4 playerbase even reads the patch notes man

no matter how angry reddit gets, D4 is still raking in millions

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I wouldn't mind obvious bug fixes tbh, like if warlock is insanely OP because someone fatfingered 40% instead of 4% that makes me less likely to play the class

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wuxi posted:

I can really recommend this video for anyone who wants to make their own loot filter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNI5aXSxis8

I followed this thank you

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

StashAugustine posted:

I wouldn't mind obvious bug fixes tbh, like if warlock is insanely OP because someone fatfingered 40% instead of 4% that makes me less likely to play the class

yeah all this means for me is that I won’t play warlock for quite a while

as for other people: the rationale of “it doesn’t affect others” went out the window when they implemented a trade faction

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Ignoring reddit is always a good idea.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Ignoring reddit is always a good idea.

Well, the EHG devs don't

People are also big mad that they cut the vendor price for keys to like 1/10th of their old value.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Is the reddit seriously arguing for mid league nerds? Stupid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Impermanent posted:

Is the reddit seriously arguing for mid league nerds? Stupid.

You're laughing? They're making a mockery of any semblance of worth of the leaderboards and you're laughing?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Well, the EHG devs don't

People are also big mad that they cut the vendor price for keys to like 1/10th of their old value.

hopefully they will learn. There is nothing for for your game interacting with reddit.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Smith Comma John posted:

as for other people: the rationale of “it doesn’t affect others” went out the window when they implemented a trade faction

Nope.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

People with fomo brainworms should seek therapy instead of whining that other peoples builds aren't getting nerfed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zoux posted:

Usually that is why it's a good idea. :P

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

Who out there is carefully picking through the class correct shards instead of mindlessly hoovering them up like any self-respecting ARPG player.

That's what the filter is for. I ain't rich I ain't got infinite shatter runes! Also time. It's really about not wasting time.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 6, 2024

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Why does the game re-roll every map when you leave it? It would be nice to town portal back, sell some stuff, and come back to the same map you left.

Though it is nice when you come back and there's now a mage prison or chest next to you

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

A Moose posted:

Why does the game re-roll every map when you leave it? It would be nice to town portal back, sell some stuff, and come back to the same map you left.

Though it is nice when you come back and there's now a mage prison or chest next to you

It doesn't do this in full offline mode, for some reason. It's nice not losing uniques dropped near a zone boundary because you accidentally walked through right as you saw it.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Hahaha, it was always sitting in the back of my mind that XP tomes probably shouldn’t be doubled up from CoF. Seems they also thought that.

I'm simply going to chose not logging off entirely, because the tomes doubling while also doing the thing where you pick up all the tomes, then use the reroll nodes you find to get more tomes, then when you run out of those, using the reset node to do it all over again as xp tomes is very, very powerful

dont ban me ehg

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

zoux posted:

You're laughing? They're making a mockery of any semblance of worth of the leaderboards and you're laughing?

Clearly a slap in the face.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Smith Comma John posted:

yeah all this means for me is that I won’t play warlock for quite a while

I don't play online. Your saying my rational went out the window is a dumb take when this is (to me) a single player game. I don't even have leaderboards so I don't care what other people are doing in the game, it only matters that I'm having fun. Do what you want to enjoy the game or not, I have no desire to make other people suffer, I'm fine with everyone having fun even if that means they are playing with something that's bugged or broken.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The Locator posted:

As an offline only player I love this approach. What other people are doing with their builds has exactly zero impact on my enjoyment of the game. I was never on the top of the power curve on PoE, but I got hundreds of hours of fun out of it. LE is the same - I'm always behind the curve and will never farm all the 'perfect' gear to achieve what some of these crazy streamers do, but as long as my build is viable and I have fun until I get the itch to reroll, I don't care!

Ditto, big time. :thumbsup:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
edit: nm! Just read the patch notes.

I sort of agree Profane Veil should be changed. it seemed like a bug to me.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 6, 2024

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
offline warlocks stay winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Seasons are temporary, memories of meme builds last forever