Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

Back in 2019 they could have had DAC for five years on an ultra team friendly deal

You spelled "DAK" wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It feels so good to have Snyder gone. Like Harris could be rear end too, but at least it feels like there’s a chance now. There was never going to be a chance under Snyder.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I saw a Yankees cowboys car yesterday lol

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Cartoon Man posted:

It feels so good to have Snyder gone. Like Harris could be rear end too, but at least it feels like there’s a chance now. There was never going to be a chance under Snyder.

I have some bad news for you about how they've handled this off-season so far!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

I saw a Yankees cowboys car yesterday lol

You probably just missed the Lakers bumper sticker.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

:allears: By all means tell me!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s a thing they’ve done:

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1765449235917418694?s=20

It’s a veteran presence signed on the cheap for one year that can be cut for no loss if he’s not recovered from injury. I’m not blown away. Probably give it a C. But whatever, sure why not.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 6, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

I have real bad news for you about how every other NFC East team has handled this off-season in comparison so far

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Like holy poo poo, if anybody wants to poo poo on the Commanders after free agency and the draft, go right ahead, but maybe we can at least see what the hell they do first? Unless you think Harris put together a giant clusterfuck of a staff and that’s the point you were trying to make.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crazy that in hindsight the Commanders should have just paid Dak instead of doing that franchise tag nonsense and having him go to Minnesota

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I think it's an impressive improvement that the Commanders have not already signed Russell Wilson.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

mega dy posted:

I think it's an impressive improvement that the Commanders have not already signed Russell Wilson.

loving this.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Crazy that in hindsight the Commanders should have just paid Dak instead of doing that franchise tag nonsense and having him go to Minnesota

True

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Nothing the Commanders have done this offseason has made me think "Yep, typical Washington." At the absolute bare minimum they appear to have competent leadership, and time will tell if they're actually good. I don't know if the rest of the NFC East needs to be worried about them just yet, but I'd sure as poo poo rather be them than NY right now.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I think that an organization throwing a massive tantrum about being told "no thanks" by a head coaching candidate is a really bad look however I do concede that it's not as bad as sex trafficking cheerleaders but it's still early, they have plenty of time to get real hosed up down the road.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles released Avonte Maddox. They might bring him back on a cheaper deal

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 6, 2024

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

it's not as bad as sex trafficking cheerleaders
I'll take it!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Yeah we can maybe give them 10 minutes before we start making GBS threads on them; they deserve some time to dig themselves out of the Snyder hole.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

I think that an organization throwing a massive tantrum about being told "no thanks" by a head coaching candidate is a really bad look however I do concede that it's not as bad as sex trafficking cheerleaders but it's still early, they have plenty of time to get real hosed up down the road.

Then why didn’t he go to Seattle? He said no thanks to them as well. By all accounts his interview with both teams was total dogshit but both teams were willing to fly out and interview him a second time. Maybe it was just nerves. He turned them both down while in mid flight, which made him look like a massive shitheel, we’ll see if the interview offers show up next year.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Then why didn’t he go to Seattle? He said no thanks to them as well. By all accounts his interview with both teams was total dogshit but both teams were willing to fly out and interview him a second time. Maybe it was just nerves. He turned them both down while in mid flight, which made him look like a massive shitheel, we’ll see if the interview offers show up next year.

He literally stated that he decided to stay in Detroit and try to win a championship. Also, the Commanders were flying to Detroit to interview him AND Aaron Glenn so to even whine about "we were mid flight and he cancelled on us like a dick" explicitly states that Glenn was a bullshit Rooney Rule interview which makes them not only crybabies but also pretty racist.

If you don't want to put in the effort to give a real interview to a minority then you're a massive piece of poo poo. gently caress Washington and their bitchmade ownership group trying to make Johnson look bad because they're so enraged at being told "no thanks". Lots of beta energy coming from that team even after Snyder is gone lol

Interestingly enough, Seattle didn't whine like toddlers when he told them no, hmmm maybe it's a lovely owner throwing out red flags already

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They interviewed Aaron Glenn, Raheem Morris, Eric Bienemy, and Anthony Weaver. I would’ve been happy with Raheem and I was warming on Weaver too. But yeah they’re clearly all racists that did the bare minimum to satisfy the Rooney rule.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

They why cry like a bitch about Johnson "cancelling mid flight" if they were literally going to the exact same place to interview another candidate anyway?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I guess being a Washington fan under Snyder has broken some people's brains about proper behavior for an organization so I suppose I can cut some slack since you don't know any better.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We should all be so lucky if the only bad thing our owners have done is leak some stuff to the press cause they’re mad over an interview. It was probably Adam Peters anyway and not Harris, but we’ll never know. Is that the only reason you hate Harris? Like what else has he done with the New Jersey Devils or Philadelphia 76ers that’s getting you so angry? Nothing I’ve heard from posters who follow those teams comes close to rising to the anger you have. By all accounts he’s mostly been an absent owner who doesn’t give a poo poo and lets them run themselves. Maybe he does that with the Commanders too, we’ll find out. But holy gently caress how does any of us have enough information to pass judgment on him that he’s Snyder 2.0?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Oh I'm not really mad, it's just amusing to me when a billionaire gets all bent out of shape because someone below them in social status has the temerity to just be like "no" and they lose their poo poo over it. I do have a healthy disdain for billionaires in general but I don't believe Harris is Snyder 2.0 at this point in time. I just think that having a new ownership group be so blatantly petty about Johnson is a pretty bad look to start the new regime. The owner can change their mind about the employee and fire them whenever they want but how dare a prospective employee weigh their options and decide to work somewhere else. It's laughable and sad at the same time.

In comparison, my owner is just a failson with a bad haircut banging waitresses at PF Changs every day so I can't really be mad at him for anything other than just being born to a family whose only source of wealth is the team so it's not even like they amassed their wealth by exploiting the working class on a massive scale or anything. I can't be very mad at my dumb goofy owner so I take it out on the rest of the league's horrible people who perpetuate misery and suffering throughout the world.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 7, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

Oh I'm not really mad

Today has been literally the most you've posted in a day in the NFCE thread, and it's all about this. That's not the impression I get

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Today has been literally the most you've posted in a day in the NFCE thread, and it's all about this. That's not the impression I get

You gonna cuff me or what?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chris James 2 posted:

I’m not a poster I've just never been tested

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

I’m not a poster I've just never been tested

Here’s the test:

gently caress the Cowboys.

Choose your answer carefully :toughguy:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ron got a new job…

https://x.com/DesmondPurnell/status/1765470975486050725?s=20

https://x.com/ESPNNFL/status/1765539608786342210?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/clarencehilljr/status/1765491023923355650?s=20

Describes Jerry World as being “like a zoo, they’re tapping on the glass”.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah no poo poo Dalton

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

fartknocker posted:

Here’s the test:

gently caress the Cowboys.

Choose your answer carefully :toughguy:

Is the answer gently caress The Cowboys

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Febreeze posted:

Is this ever not the answer?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

gently caress the Cowboys

God bless

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

:hai:

Quiet Feet posted:

Is this ever not the answer?

:haibrow:

Black Sunshine posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

God bless

:haibrower:

Cartoon Man