Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The Last Call posted:

That's my thought.

If he's alright already that weakens the impact of him getting hurt. If he nearly died it should take time to recover. Know how Frodo in LOTR was always bothered where he got stabbed by the ring wraths sword after he healed? Make it like that.

Here's a question or two we're also not really asking.

Would most of hell give a poo poo if redemption was possible?

Would they even want it?

And would the powers that exist do everything they can to sabotage for fear of it upsetting the natural order.

Do the exterminations keep happening with Adam dead? because Charlie's original stated goal was to save souls instead of watching them get slaughtered. ("Her people")

Its even questionable if the people in Hazbin Hotel want redemption - Angel and Husk want out of their respective soul-owning deals, but both seem fairly comfortable in Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Vampire Panties posted:

Do the exterminations keep happening with Adam dead? because Charlie's original stated goal was to save souls instead of watching them get slaughtered. ("Her people")

Its even questionable if the people in Hazbin Hotel want redemption - Angel and Husk want out of their respective soul-owning deals, but both seem fairly comfortable in Hell

I think it's important that there be characters that are part of the Hotel crew that explicitly DON'T want to be redeemed. Alastor I think is an obvious one, but he's going to end up being a real antagonist at some point in the show I imagine. So I think that's why they introduced Cherri Bomb. Cherri Bomb comes off as someone who enjoys her life in Hell and isn't interested in getting redeemed. She's someone who is going to stick around and help with the hotel and redeeming people but I don't think they'll ever redeem her.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember that currently, no one in Hell knows anything about Pentious ascending, and it remains to be seen if Heaven lets them find out. Maybe it's the first thing in season 2, but still.

I think they're probably going to have Emily trying to get word to Charlie about Pentious. Question is, would she end up Fallen for defying orders if she's told not to?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I think it's important that there be characters that are part of the Hotel crew that explicitly DON'T want to be redeemed. Alastor I think is an obvious one, but he's going to end up being a real antagonist at some point in the show I imagine. So I think that's why they introduced Cherri Bomb. Cherri Bomb comes off as someone who enjoys her life in Hell and isn't interested in getting redeemed. She's someone who is going to stick around and help with the hotel and redeeming people but I don't think they'll ever redeem her.

I think it's notable that the main reason people stick around the Hazbin hotel is they want some form of safety/stability. Charlie is gung ho for redemption but Sir Pentious mostly joined because Charlie was the only one who was willing to forgive him and give him a place to stay sans other dangerous sinners. I think redemption is something that happens when it's least expected and people going in expecting to get redeemed are the ones who'll be getting out the slowest. It's probably a slow process of self improvement that the sinner themselves doesn't even notice until they're ascending because they did something notably noble and selfless.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Charlie believed if she could get people redeemed and go to Heaven it would mean Heaven would stop the purges due to the over population/threat against Heaven itself. She's temporary stopped Heaven from attacking and yet to learn about Sir Pentious. Her current problem is she doesn't have people who want to be redeemed, that actually want to go to Heaven, Sir Pentious kinda fell into it since he had no where else to go and got killed. Angel Dust is merely there for an escape from Val.

What happens if Sera and co kick Sir Pentious out? Can they kick out anyone with or without reason from Heaven? What is really stopping them? What if Sera and whowever is in charge decide that somethings broken and all original judgements stand and exile the redeemed back to Hell forcefully. Then you got redeemed souls stuck with demons and the sinners. That will not end well.

Doubtful Lute is gong to be the only one left wanting to keep the brimestone filth away. And with Adam being "killed in Heaven's name" along with a bunch of other angels that's a good reason why some from on high might want to do more than purge the sinners. We're totally getting a war is what I'm saying, one season it will happen.

Lots of potential story lines.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

Charlie believed if she could get people redeemed and go to Heaven it would mean Heaven would stop the purges due to the over population/threat against Heaven itself. She's temporary stopped Heaven from attacking and yet to learn about Sir Pentious. Her current problem is she doesn't have people who want to be redeemed, that actually want to go to Heaven, Sir Pentious kinda fell into it since he had no where else to go and got killed. Angel Dust is merely there for an escape from Val.

What happens if Sera and co kick Sir Pentious out? Can they kick out anyone with or without reason from Heaven? What is really stopping them? What if Sera and whowever is in charge decide that somethings broken and all original judgements stand and exile the redeemed back to Hell forcefully. Then you got redeemed souls stuck with demons and the sinners. That will not end well.

Doubtful Lute is gong to be the only one left wanting to keep the brimestone filth away. And with Adam being "killed in Heaven's name" along with a bunch of other angels that's a good reason why some from on high might want to do more than purge the sinners. We're totally getting a war is what I'm saying, one season it will happen.

Lots of potential story lines.

I think the one thing that throws a major spanner in the works there is Sera abides entirely by the established system. They know when a soul arrives and no matter what they act like entry means they're worthy hands down. Seeing Pentious there essentially gave her an existential crisis and we're not sure how she's going to handle that. Meanwhile Emily may in fact FULLY rebel if she does something drastic like attempt to get rid of Sir Pentious. Which I kind of doubt she even can--even if she could work up the nerve to "buck" the system. Lute is going to be pissed but Emily outranks her and will most likely be glued to his side. It definitely sets up a fascinating side plot in heaven. Adam dying I think is going to be shockingly anti-climatic because he violated the terms of the deal before dying. He attempted to kill Charlie when she hadn't laid a hand on him yet. Literally the only major stipulation Lucifer laid out. His rear end is entirely grass from that point on. What's heaven going to say about it? Oh well we don't have to stick to the letter of our word? We can lie and gently caress you btw? Maybe Adam is down for it because he's dumb and spoiled as hell but for the higher ups that would be some fuckery.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 5, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Considering Adam's behavior I suspect he may demonstrate something of the converse case of Sir Pentious. In other words, I fully expect at least a cameo of Sinner Adam!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nessus posted:

Considering Adam's behavior I suspect he may demonstrate something of the converse case of Sir Pentious. In other words, I fully expect at least a cameo of Sinner Adam!

Oh HARD same bestie. Straight up salivating at the thought of the ol' switcheroo maneuver.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still say Adam is absolutely set up to be the show's Vegeta. Given how much he resembles an Overlord, just in Heaven, he may well adapt worryingly quickly.

And Emily probably being over the moon about Pentious is significant- especially since iirc, despite the older sibling/matriarch dynamic Sera has, she may not actually outrank Emily, or at least can't overrule her in her area of authority, which is apparently bringing joy. And what could be more joyful than a soul redeemed and a ridiculous lovable goofball of an ex-villain getting to enjoy Heaven? Even if it means staying by his side long enough no one can interfere with her.

On the note of those dynamics- the cameo from Molly seems significant, because then you have at least one case of a 'winner' who has damned family members- likely ones that they still care about. And how many more of them have loved ones who didn't make it to Heaven with them that they miss?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I have a feeling that Heaven will play a much bigger role next season (I half expected Emily to rebel and help Charlie out during the end of the last one considering she was firmly on the latter’s side by the end of the meeting, or at the very least we’d see some followup conversation between her and Sera).

Sort of hoping Molly becomes an actual character too as it would add an interesting wrinkle to things (she’s the only member of Angel’s family to make it in if I recall correctly)

And yeah, I’d be surprised if Adam getting reincarnated as a Sinner doesn’t happen considering all the poo poo he’s pulled

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm willing to bet Adam was never meant to return and he might not at all, but thanks to the speculation of fans and the common held belief he'll be back it might actually make it happen.

At the very least we'll get a fake Sinner Adam showing up to insult one of the crew before fading away.

Thing is if he returns it might be due to a greater power. Say one that has Alastor on a leash?

Yeah, I don't believe it to be Lilith any longer. Who could it be you ask? Someone....something we've seen on the screen repeatedly....

Guess who will be pulling all the strings....

Alastors shadow you ask? Yes, and no.

A much greater power.

Remember the evil that seeped into the Earth, that gave birth to Hell due to Lucifers and Liliths decision?

That.

Pure evil.

I call it Micheal.

We know Hazbin is meant to go on for a long time, more than the four Heullva is getting. The whole Heaven thing is likely to play out during that with various situations arising thanks to the actions of previous seasons.

Flopsy posted:

I think the one thing that throws a major spanner in the works there is Sera abides entirely by the established system. They know when a soul arrives and no matter what they act like entry means they're worthy hands down. Seeing Pentious there essentially gave her an existential crisis and we're not sure how she's going to handle that. Meanwhile Emily may in fact FULLY rebel if she does something drastic like attempt to get rid of Sir Pentious. Which I kind of doubt she even can--even if she could work up the nerve to "buck" the system. Lute is going to be pissed but Emily outranks her and will most likely be glued to his side. It definitely sets up a fascinating side plot in heaven. Adam dying I think is going to be shockingly anti-climatic because he violated the terms of the deal before dying. He attempted to kill Charlie when she hadn't laid a hand on him yet. Literally the only major stipulation Lucifer laid out. His rear end is entirely grass from that point on. What's heaven going to say about it? Oh well we don't have to stick to the letter of our word? We can lie and gently caress you btw? Maybe Adam is down for it because he's dumb and spoiled as hell but for the higher ups that would be some fuckery.

A lot of people speculate about Sera, if she's really good or not. Thanks to her decision making and the whole genocide of human souls thing. From the show it looks to me she's doing her best to be a leader and make the tough calls and decisions even if she doesn't like them, going to shoulder the burden so others don't have to carry that weight. The reason why she went with the genocide she states is because she was worried about the threat of the demons, an uprising against Heaven itself. Everything she has done is meant to protect and support Heaven. Either do nothing and Heaven might be threatened or get rid of some sinners every year so the status quo stays the same. I mean, what would you do? There was no system in place for a purge until it started so it's clear that Heaven can do new things or change up how they act, if they decide. They've only ever thought things happen in Heaven as they are meant to because it's always happened that way. Something like a soul getting redeemed can quickly throw everything into a mess. Questioning the system and why things go the way they do is definitely going to be something we see again, I got no doubt Sera is fearful Emily being the kind caring soul she is will try to stick up and do what is right.

We know how that goes all too often in the world. In show we saw what it could do with Lucifers and Liliths actions and the following results.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 5, 2024

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
The only issue with Adam coming back is the fact that he was killed with an angelic weapon, which makes you completely dead. So fake Adams could be possible, but unless they write him his own little loophole, First Dick Adam is dead.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Gothmog1065 posted:

The only issue with Adam coming back is the fact that he was killed with an angelic weapon, which makes you completely dead. So fake Adams could be possible, but unless they write him his own little loophole, First Dick Adam is dead.

That's what we know to be true right now.

It might not be the truth come in a future episode.

Especially if something powerful and currently unknown takes action.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

The Last Call posted:

That's what we know to be true right now.

It might not be the truth come in a future episode.

Especially if something powerful and currently unknown takes action.

This has probably been discussed already, but so far there's only really two 'powers' that are currently possible for this. God and the "evil". Those are the only beings (so far) that would be able to 'break the rules' as it were. Unless there's some form of media that delves deeper into this, we still really don't know where the hellborn truly come from, and it's likely there are other 'projects' out there.

However in terms of Adam and his character as a whole, unless she specifically does this to punish him, Adam would hate it in hell, even though he's a literal embodiment of all the sins. He would hate being 'under' Lucifer, and would be too stubborn and proud to work with anyone else. Quite frankly, he seems to stupid to really be able to get people to form contracts with him.

As for the contracts, I was wondering what would happen if you 'broke' a contract. Most of them seem incredibly one sided (What does Angel get out of his contract? Protection or something?), and it shows that the owner of the contract has control, but was the limits of a contract ever explained? Does the party who breaks the contract die completely, as if they were destroyed by an angelic weapon?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Gothmog1065 posted:

This has probably been discussed already, but so far there's only really two 'powers' that are currently possible for this. God and the "evil". Those are the only beings (so far) that would be able to 'break the rules' as it were. Unless there's some form of media that delves deeper into this, we still really don't know where the hellborn truly come from, and it's likely there are other 'projects' out there.

However in terms of Adam and his character as a whole, unless she specifically does this to punish him, Adam would hate it in hell, even though he's a literal embodiment of all the sins. He would hate being 'under' Lucifer, and would be too stubborn and proud to work with anyone else. Quite frankly, he seems to stupid to really be able to get people to form contracts with him.

As for the contracts, I was wondering what would happen if you 'broke' a contract. Most of them seem incredibly one sided (What does Angel get out of his contract? Protection or something?), and it shows that the owner of the contract has control, but was the limits of a contract ever explained? Does the party who breaks the contract die completely, as if they were destroyed by an angelic weapon?

Are there only two powers?

We do know God exist; he gets name dropped by the Cherubs. We know there is an evil, but what is its nature? Is it a being. Is it a concept. A state of mind. Fun stuff to speculate about. But who is to say that’s all there is? We’ve seen Christian, Jewish, and other aspects similar to them combined to make what we got. It’s not one to one based on anything, it’s changed things up. Lucifer being a good guy for example. There could be more things out there. Hell, if we don’t see other religions being touched on, I’ll be surprised. We might see other after lives; how other religions tackle it. If the show goes long enough yeah, I expect a lot of things to pop up people are not expecting. Old gods and everything in between. We already got some Cthulhu inspired characters; Charlie dated one. We saw him and his family in a pic with her, Lucifer and Lilith.

The rules are being made up and added onto as time goes on as any story goes. What we know today might not be tomorrow’s truth. What we thought we believed might be only part of the tale. Things can change. And depending on what or who shows up, we might see some beings able to do deeds we might not even begin to suspect happening. Never say never is what I’m saying. It’s a good way to end up being blindsided later on.

A Punished Adam being forced to do another creatures biding, especially things he hates could give us a unique look at him. He could go from reluctant slave wanting his freedom like Alastor to eventually falling so bad he no longer cares as long as he gets those drat hell spawn and sinners. The idea of him being such a thing completely lost on him due to being blinded by his own ego and hate. A tragedy unto itself, the father of humanity itself, when given a chance to atone ends up falling further.

What does it take to break a contract? Who knows. One assumes that the person who owns the soul can only free another. But what if redemption happens? Surely that voids a contract. Not like any demon can reach into Heaven with freedom. Right? Or....

We got lots of questions, over time we’ll get answers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, one of the HB staff expects the show to return either this month or the next and production on S2E8 is already finished:

https://thedirect.com/article/helluva-boss-season-2-episode-8-release

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I still say Alastor might have DiD

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KORNOLOGY posted:

I still say Alastor might have DiD

Deer Identity Disorder?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Deer Identity Disorder?

:hmmyes:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Gothmog1065 posted:

I mean we know that's what happens when sinners/demons get hit with angelic weapons, maybe the rules are different for angelic beings being hit with their own weapons. Angels haven't been killed before so maybe we're about to find out what happens when an angel dies. Could be a factory reset or reincarnation back on Earth as a normal person for all we know.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
People have already posted images of a demon who looks suspiciously like an angel hanging around in one of the clubs, so maybe they do get a "second chance".

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Pyrotoad posted:

I mean we know that's what happens when sinners/demons get hit with angelic weapons, maybe the rules are different for angelic beings being hit with their own weapons. Angels haven't been killed before so maybe we're about to find out what happens when an angel dies. Could be a factory reset or reincarnation back on Earth as a normal person for all we know.

For what it's worth, the hotel staff clearly believe Adam's personal attacks are equivalent to Angelic Weapons in their effects on Sinners. Since otherwise they would be waiting for Sir Pentious to revive like any other fatal injury in hell.

I would not be surprised if Angelic Weaponry + actual redemption = resorted afterlife, but Angelic Weapon + still sinful sinner = permanently gone.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyrotoad posted:

Carmilla mentions killing one in her first appearance (it’s how the gang figures out the whole angelic weapon thing in the first place)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The only real issue I see with what angelic weapons can or can not do is how Vaggie seemed to had no clue they could be used against other angels.

Do they even train in Heaven? Surely accidents have happened or since it's Heaven is everyone protected.

You think the eye thing would have clued her in that in Hell such things are effective.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Last Call posted:

The only real issue I see with what angelic weapons can or can not do is how Vaggie seemed to had no clue they could be used against other angels.

Do they even train in Heaven? Surely accidents have happened or since it's Heaven is everyone protected.

You think the eye thing would have clued her in that in Hell such things are effective.
Might have been accidents but maybe not beheadings.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You can stab with a spear as well.

You think a good mistimed jab to the heart of whatever angels have might have caused one to die in thousands of years.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

In other news, one of the HB staff expects the show to return either this month or the next and production on S2E8 is already finished:

https://thedirect.com/article/helluva-boss-season-2-episode-8-release

Article is hilariously trashbait as the IMP twitter had already said that the next episode's release date would be soon (and there were already rumblings from vivzie that it was around march/april) so the line about 'people were wondering if it was cancelled' is just shite

Really want to see blitzo and stolas actually Be A Thing though. Please don't break my heart, show :(

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Iymarra posted:

Really want to see blitzo and stolas actually Be A Thing though. Please don't break my heart, show :(

Blitzo: I'm going to die alone.
Stolas: All my stories have been told except for one.

Either the two end up together or they die together. I can see the latter happen and Octavia uses a spell to turn them into a pair of shooting stars to soar through the universe for all time, never to be apart.

If you think about it, that might actually be the happiest possible outcome. Stolas is going to live a long time. Blitzo like all imps have a fixed life span, kinda like humans. The same goes with Ozzie and Fizz. Ozzie is forever. Fizz is not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Iymarra posted:

Article is hilariously trashbait as the IMP twitter had already said that the next episode's release date would be soon (and there were already rumblings from vivzie that it was around march/april) so the line about 'people were wondering if it was cancelled' is just shite

i think they will but i do actually think they need a break apart from each other to get their poo poo sorted hard.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Look My Way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rATbtwj1qls

For those who have not yet seen it.

Stolas has the crystal that can allow Blitz to move to the living world to do his job.
He wants to give it to Bliz to show he's not merely using him aka the transactional loving.

Unfortunatley we know Blitz, he's self sabotaging and can mis read things. He's likely to do that here, thinking Stolas is trying to sweep him away.

In short, prepare to cry.

They'll resolve things, eventually but with two more seaons to go, pain and tears is the name of the game.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah definitely. Neither one is in a place right now for any relationship to be built upon anything real.

Even after all they've been through, Blitzo has never really given any indication that his attitude toward Stolas is anything but patient disdain or indulgence of a fantasy, at best. It's all in service of his access to the grimoire and the human world. Even what enthusiasm he can ever drum up for their occasional dalliances is just part of his kayfabe. He doesn't pine for Stolas or even think about him any more than as just another stupid thing he has to deal with. The closest he's come is "..." when Stolas is in the hospital.

And Stolas—really what he's feeling about Blitzo is infatuation. It's hardly healthy that he's so fixated on his first real passionate experience being with "his first ever friend". And he's not stupid; it's not like he can possibly be so dense as to be unaware that he's being used primarily as a tool for Blitzo's business machinations. But he's so desperate for contact that he just ignores that, and then drives himself insane trying to justify whether what he's doing is fair to Blitzo, never mind the reverse. (E: ^^ yeah re: that)

They both have huge confessions to make—confessions that can only lead to blowing up the current arrangement—before anything more lasting or more honest can be built out of its ashes. And that will take, like, the entire rest of the show.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 6, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Iymarra posted:

Regardless I look forward to this show returning soon (and from what I’m hearing we should be in for one hell of a comeback)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Blitzo: I'm going to die alone.
Stolas: All my stories have been told except for one.

Either the two end up together or they die together. I can see the latter happen and Octavia uses a spell to turn them into a pair of shooting stars to soar through the universe for all time, never to be apart.

If you think about it, that might actually be the happiest possible outcome. Stolas is going to live a long time. Blitzo like all imps have a fixed life span, kinda like humans. The same goes with Ozzie and Fizz. Ozzie is forever. Fizz is not.

Fizz is a once-in-a-hundred-generations genius entertainer. There's gotta be some way that Hell logic lets him bootstrap his way to immortality - even the Sins weren't always the Sins.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Darth Walrus posted:

Fizz is a once-in-a-hundred-generations genius entertainer. There's gotta be some way that Hell logic lets him bootstrap his way to immortality - even the Sins weren't always the Sins.

Well, he could literally become robo fizz as a brain in the headcase.

As for Ozzie, we know he and the other Sins have existed since the start of Hell according to Ozzie himself.

If he was a sin then or not, hard to say until we get more info. He might have been picked or he might have always been a sin who manifested.

As he said, all he's got now is time.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I strongly suspect this going to be addressed to further drive home the parallels between Blitzo and Fizzarolli. As in it's been heavily suggested Fizz and Ozzie are going to get hitched in the future. Marriage is a contract and if Lucifer and Lilith are anything to go by what you were before doesn't make much of a difference. When you become royalty you get some of the benefits because you're literally tying yourself to an immortal sin. And Fizz has nothing holding him back from making that choice. Blitzo on the other hand even he does get somewhere with his relationship with Stolas will never take it because it would mean outliving Loona.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It probably goes the other way too. Stolas being physically vulnerable to stab wounds is a big surprise to Blitzo. Seems like there's something in the wings about immortals becoming mortal. (Plus aging is clearly a big theme with Stolas already. Seems like the Goetias grow and age like imps do, but don't die?)

BTW, what was with Stolas' "eye trick" when tied to the tracks? Had that ever been mentioned before?

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
stolas can petrify people with the eye trick

he does it in loo loo land once then never again iirc

inchworm fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 6, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

I strongly suspect this going to be addressed to further drive home the parallels between Blitzo and Fizzarolli. As in it's been heavily suggested Fizz and Ozzie are going to get hitched in the future. Marriage is a contract and if Lucifer and Lilith are anything to go by what you were before doesn't make much of a difference. When you become royalty you get some of the benefits because you're literally tying yourself to an immortal sin. And Fizz has nothing holding him back from making that choice. Blitzo on the other hand even he does get somewhere with his relationship with Stolas will never take it because it would mean outliving Loona.

Marriage between Fizz and Ozzie could do the trick! It's a nice way to get around it and you are right, we kind of have seen it with Lilith and Lucifer.

You are also totally right, there is zero way Blitz is going to ever want to live without Loona.

Data Graham posted:

It probably goes the other way too. Stolas being physically vulnerable to stab wounds is a big surprise to Blitzo. Seems like there's something in the wings about immortals becoming mortal. (Plus aging is clearly a big theme with Stolas already. Seems like the Goetias grow and age like imps do, but don't die?)

BTW, what was with Stolas' "eye trick" when tied to the tracks? Had that ever been mentioned before?

Angelic weapons can kill demon royalty. Moxxie and Striker say it as such in the episode where they go to the festivel. Remember how Striker got hired to kill Stolas? That gun with it's bullets would kill him. It's one of the few things that can. Along with the knife he used and the rope that sapped Stolas power leaving him defenseless. Both were angelic based.

As said above the eye trick would have turned Stirker to stone. But the rope stopped that.

"Am I in danger?" is still one of my favorite lines in the show.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 6, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

inchworm posted:

stolas can petrify people with the eye trick

he does it in loo loo land once then never again iirc

Oh! Right. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Data Graham posted:

Could be the 'you don't die unless you're killed' brand of immortality, like the last unicorn. Simple time might as well not exist but nobody wants a rock to the face.

late edit: also regarding my previous comment about angels, I guess I meant it's more likely that we'll find out what happens when an angel dies, because now a named angel character has.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 6, 2024