Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

American McGay posted:

Stalker Trilogy out now gently caress yeah.

Biggest W of the preview. No store page yet, though.

Biggest L goes to that Roblox trailer. Felt out of place.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Did not expect Kunitsu-Gami to have tower defense and management stuff in it when they first showed it. An odd mix from Capcom, but it looks interesting - like one of those smaller experimental games you'd see in the PS2/GC/Xbox era.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

today, not now

😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kunitsugamai looks like a way better Orcs Must Die with army squadrons so I’m sold. That and Frostpunk 2 bein Gamepass were huge for me. Rest of the presentation was just whatever, I don’t need anymore soulslike or metroidvanias, wish companies would draw more from Devil May Cry instead of Fromsoft games already

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
For S.T.A.L.K.E.R., it looks like $40 for the whole shebang or $20 for individual titles according to Xbox Wire:

quote:

Today, during the latest Xbox Partner Preview broadcast – as a surprise for Xbox gamers everywhere – GSC Game World launched the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Legends of the Zone Trilogy for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S (via backwards compatibility). That’s right – it’s available today!

The Legends of the Zone bundle – available on the Microsoft Store for $39.99 USD — includes all three iconic games that make up the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy: Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat. – or you can pick up each of the games individually for $19.99 USD each. Every element from the original games has been maintained and faithfully ported to console thanks to the hard work of GSC Game World and their partners at Mataboo. This all makes for a great opportunity for Xbox gamers everywhere to get some foundational knowledge of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.’s universe in the lead-up to the launch of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl, coming day one to Game Pass on September 5, 2024.

Source

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Not sure how those would play with a controller but cool nonetheless.

E: Sept 5th for 2, hell yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Wiltsghost posted:

Not sure how those would play with a controller but cool nonetheless.

radial menus and the d-pad. looks fine.
i played STALKER:SoC on Steam deck with a profile and even that was fine

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

1glitch0 posted:

The Alters looks pretty sweet if it doesn't suck!

This one grabbed me the most. An exploration, crafting and relationship management game, hell yeah!

And on Game Pass! Xbox wins again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

John F Bennett posted:

Xbox wins again.

Hearing this from many quarters.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Sounds like a Series X/S patch will be coming later with mod support and enhancements.

"The version available today for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S will be close to the original version of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience on PC. Xbox One players will finally be able to dive into the franchise, and those on Xbox Series X|S can enjoy the game in a high-fidelity mode via backward compatibility. Later this year, the team will release a patch for Xbox Series X|S version that will bring additional graphical enhancements and other features. The console versions will also have mod support via mod.io, but this too will be a feature to roll out later as the team continues to tweak things a bit, so keep an eye on GSC's social media channels on when these features will roll out."

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s out. Restart Steam.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr0ckdRnVsE

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Skill issue.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/st...x9bvn6fvn2zyw00

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
found it
we're so back

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
40 for three of the best FPS games ever... wow

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Xbox has done it again.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

40 for three of the best FPS games ever... wow

good deal imo

i wanna play the first again on pc with one of those insano russian mods

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mods are coming to the Xbox version eventually, along with proper S|X enhancements (currently it’s just resolution and FPS). For the love of God support the drat devs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
copped 🫡

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

This one grabbed me the most. An exploration, crafting and relationship management game, hell yeah!

And on Game Pass! Xbox wins again.

Hell yeah about coming to Game Pass.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't care it's on game pass. I'll give them my money on PlayStation and Xbox. Well deserved for 15+ years of amazing moments.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Alters looks good until you get to the dialogue parts. Games have just got to get better about that. Weird pacing, dead eyed mannequins, bad voice acting. It completely ruins the impact of anything emotional goodwill they build up.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Buying game pass games because you really like them and want to have them after they leave.... ain't anything like it!!!

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
If I don’t have time to play all three which is the best stalker?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Buying game pass games because you really like them and want to have them after they leave.... ain't anything like it!!!

I bought Vampire Survivors because I would feel like an rear end in a top hat otherwise. I mean it's four bucks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Alters looks good until you get to the dialogue parts. Games have just got to get better about that. Weird pacing, dead eyed mannequins, bad voice acting. It completely ruins the impact of anything emotional goodwill they build up.

People get emotionally invested in immobile cubes or badly drawn cartoon skeletons.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
first STALKER runs and plays like a dream on xbox. the controls are excellent. aiming feels really smooth. love it. i always hoped for the day i'd be able to play this... on the couch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

first STALKER runs and plays like a dream on xbox. the controls are excellent. aiming feels really smooth. love it. i always hoped for the day i'd be able to play this... on the couch

now this.... this is gaming

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
it's one of my face games ever. the vibes... unmatched.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BonoMan posted:

I couldn't tell if were doing some kind of artsy thing with the faces or it was just really bad. Also it looks like a game that could have a lot of big ideas but skimp on the execution. But I can ignore the faces if it has some depth.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
The STALKER trilogy is £33.50 but the individual games are £9.99 on the UK store for some reason

E: and the trilogy is £15.99 on PS4? Phil needs to sort this out

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ImpAtom posted:

People get emotionally invested in immobile cubes or badly drawn cartoon skeletons.

Right! It's all about execution and that's what I'm talking about. When you have this moment that feels technically stunted (annoying repeated idle animations, long unnatural delays between speech modules, subpar animation etc) it just draws me right out of it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

Biggest W of the preview. No store page yet, though.

Biggest L goes to that Roblox trailer. Felt out of place.

Anything ROblox related is always an L, OP

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

ohhyeah posted:

If I don’t have time to play all three which is the best stalker?

Find the time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Magic Mango posted:

The STALKER trilogy is £33.50 but the individual games are £9.99 on the UK store for some reason

drat... shafted by phil... wtf

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Magic Mango posted:

You're paying a little extra for the satisfaction and comfort of getting three classic games with one single press of a button instead of having to add them all to your cart individually. A deluxe shopping experience.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
double the price... hmmm... worth it to support the war effort

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

double the price... hmmm... worth it to support the war effort

Thank you Phil.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Euro’s can afford a few extra scheckles, they aren’t dying under healthcare debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wealth beyond measure