Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The biggest lol I have is them doing the SERIES/WAVE thing and it's like some BGM and one costume set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah the Answer as I remember is just a retread of the original story’s themes with characters acting kinda stupid but with fun boss fights and visuals. Not sure how much I’d be willing pay for it. Hopefully its sold separately from the pass and is $10

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The cool parts were how characters were coping with the ending I think.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i'll have to see what this stuff pans out to be, im slightly dubious of a relatively linear game getting DLC that might require subsequent playthroughs, altho i'd probably spend on the answer if it wasnt super pricy (i dont think its worth all that much money tbqh)

the dlc stuff they offered day one got a hearty chuckle out of me in the 'why would i pay 5 dollars for that' way

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They've already announced everything, there's nothing requiring multiple playthroughs. The Answer is the only thing of any substance.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sloober posted:

i'll have to see what this stuff pans out to be, im slightly dubious of a relatively linear game getting DLC that might require subsequent playthroughs, altho i'd probably spend on the answer if it wasnt super pricy (i dont think its worth all that much money tbqh)

the dlc stuff they offered day one got a hearty chuckle out of me in the 'why would i pay 5 dollars for that' way

You'd be surprised some of the stuff super hardcore fans will pay for. Especially in Japan.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Kale posted:

You'd be surprised some of the stuff super hardcore fans will pay for. Especially in Japan.

why would i be surprised i know what Gamers are like

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol none of the DLC even has any of the P3P tracks? What the gently caress are they doing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
adding the original P3 tracks seems like a no brainer. Had to rewatch the video to make sure I didnt miss it because I was so baffled

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Doing this in waves despite The Answer being the only thing thats worth a poo poo is very funny

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

LMAO that they announced this on 3/6, the day after the Journey ended in-game

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

So whats the over/under on a second expansion pass with more nickel-and-dimed content + feMC?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hell yeah, Heartful Cry and Darkness remixes to listen to on youtube

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

So whats the over/under on a second expansion pass with more nickel-and-dimed content + feMC?

Not happening.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It will be released on the Switch 2 port.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's not going to be DLC, "best" case scenario is another loving rerelease, and I'm not holding my breath

The music thing is legitimately kind of loving me up, there's simply no rational reason for it. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want to step on their own toes in case they do add that stuff in a later release, but again I don't place a lot of stock in that possibility

Arist fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 6, 2024

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao wasn't there a whole thing about how they wanted to remake the original game rather than FES or Portable and that's why they weren't doing any of that content?

they've definitely been working on the answer since before release

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

lmao wasn't there a whole thing about how they wanted to remake the original game rather than FES or Portable and that's why they weren't doing any of that content?

they've definitely been working on the answer since before release

They did say that and it was clearly untrue even before this, OP

Like, maybe that statement was mistranslated or something, but when it got to us, it was a lie

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The game has all the FES trappings except for The Answer. I don't think it was a lie as much as them saying the game did infact not have The Answer in it baseline.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not saying it was necessarily a malicious misrepresentation, but it was plainly a nonsense statement

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah fair lol

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Secret boss fight report: just as much of a pain in the rear end as in P3P.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

anakha posted:

No more of a pain in the rear end, though? I've read that you can't use High Counter anymore, which sounds like a bit of a pain.

\/\/\/oh cool, that's a relief.\/\/\/

Majorian fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 7, 2024

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Majorian posted:

No more of a pain in the rear end, though? I've read that you can't use High Counter anymore, which sounds like a bit of a pain.

The ability to trigger multiple MC/Fuuka theurgies in the same fight kinda balances it out IMO. Getting buffs/Charge/Concentrate without having to use up your turn is huge.

E: the 9999 Megidolaon spam in P3P doesn't start in Reload until Stage 3 when the boss gets under 10k HP so that's also one less thing to worry about.

anakha fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 7, 2024

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

Doing this in waves despite The Answer being the only thing thats worth a poo poo is very funny

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

As someone who just played Persona 3 for the first time with reload and only vaguely knew about the answer even existing. I have literally no idea what could even be added via an expanded ending. You're dead... the entire game is about being ok with dying and mortality and change. Is it literally just every other character coming to terms with the PCs death? I dont think that could possibly be true because what would be the point of that. But if its not that, what is it? Do you magically come back to life like Aketchi in 5?

anakha posted:

I tried it in my playthrough and got killed because I accidently used the wrong persona and decided that it absolutely is not even remotely worth the time,

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 7, 2024

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

As someone who just played Persona 3 for the first time with reload and only vaguely knew about the answer even existing. I have literally no idea what could even be added via an expanded ending. You're dead... the entire game is about being ok with dying and mortality and change. Is it literally just every other character coming to terms with the PCs death? I dont think that could possibly be true because what would be the point of that. But if its not that, what is it? Do you magically come back to life like Aketchi in 5?

glib plot spoilers:

mostly the former, with the added revelation that the PC’s corpse is now a giant door eternally besieged by humanity’s collective Thanatos complex

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

I tried it in my playthrough and got killed because I accidently used the wrong persona and decided that it absolutely is not even remotely worth the time,

I went and read a plot synopsis since I don't plan on playing it--the ending was relatively ambiguous, so I wanted to confirm with a certainty. It does make me wonder if there were a lot of internet arguments back in the day until The Answer came around. I do wonder, though, is the reason (ending spoilers and Answer question) everyone suddenly remembered what happened is because the MC was passing away? Also, why did it take so long?

Speaking of Aigis--I feel like it should be a much bigger deal that a fully autonomous, fully armed robot with the capacity for emotion was perfected in the 90s. It's the only anachronistic technology thing across the three games I can think of--I don't recall anything similar in 4 or 5.

Saagonsa posted:

It has been the Xenoblade model, more or less. Both Xenoblade 2 and 3 DLC. 2's first few waves of DLC was just rare items and new blades. 3 was better about it--since the characters that were added actually added playable story content--but the actual reason to get the DLC were the basically-their-own-game final wave.

Everything needs to be a season pass these days, even if it doesn't make sense.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Prowler posted:

I went and read a plot synopsis since I don't plan on playing it--the ending was relatively ambiguous, so I wanted to confirm with a certainty. It does make me wonder if there were a lot of internet arguments back in the day until The Answer came around. I do wonder, though, is the reason (ending spoilers and Answer question) everyone suddenly remembered what happened is because the MC was passing away? Also, why did it take so long?

Everyone remembered because that was the day they made the promise to go off. That's also why MC was still alive; he basically held on long enough for the day that they promised to meet up. By all rights he should have died after the confrontation with Nyx so he could seal it, just some part of him stayed to see his friends off because otherwise he would be leaving them with no memory of the fact that he died for months.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, the last few months were basically just a gift to the protagonist so he could keep his promise, and even then it's a bit difficult to say he really made it over the finish line considering he was comatose by the time SEES made it up the steps.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

Welcome to the worst superboss in the modern Persona series.

You literally have to craft a few Personas specifically for the fight, and memorize the boss's turn-by-turn attack patterns, or else gently caress you instakilled.

As another goon said:

Oxxidation posted:

Elizabeth is an SMT-esque “do all these things perfectly for exactly seventy-five rounds or the boss will fully heal, one-shot you and then steal your credit card info.”

Prowler
May 24, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Everyone remembered because that was the day they made the promise to go off. That's also why MC was still alive; he basically held on long enough for the day that they promised to meet up. By all rights he should have died after the confrontation with Nyx so he could seal it, just some part of him stayed to see his friends off because otherwise he would be leaving them with no memory of the fact that he died for months.
(P3 ending spoilers)
Thanks, in retrospect that's a fairly easy read and I feel a little dumb. I immediately forgot about the promise and didn't take into account the timing of it all. I assumed early on once the Nyx plot dump happened that the MC would sacrifice himself in some way--or that his life would be tied to Nyx/Pharos so he was, in a sense, killing himself.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Spoiling some stuff because I don't know what can be considered spoilery

I'm playing P5 for the first time, using a low-spoiler guide because that's how I have fun for some reason. I really liked it until I got to fusion!

The guide tells me that by the end of the first palace I want to have one of each Hierophant, Lovers, Chariot, and Death. Fusion is super overwhelming and intimidating. I don't really know where to start to understand it better. Am I just going to be spending a ton of time capturing new personas and smashing them into each other until I randomly get what I need? Or is there a resource I can use that will show me the simplest way to get those four?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fusion is not that complicated, but I've been playing these games for half my life so maybe I'm not the best judge of these things. Basically, experiment and try to always be fusing something you haven't had before, as well as spread useful skills around. There's online fusion calculators if you're really desperate for a specific Persona, but P5 also just has a feature in the Velvet Room where it will just tell you all the Personas you can make with what you currently have.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah fusing really can be pretty overwhelming at first and somewhat time consuming but basically think of the personas as tools instead of pokemon and always be capturing and fusing when you can.

I can't find it right now but I remember using a spoiler free guide that will tell you what options you have to fuse in order to get the specific arcana you need for that month.

Also I hate how annoying these guides are to use on mobile browsers nowadays, it's like 99% ads and popups now just to look for a small paragraph of info that you need at the bottom of a page.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Fusion ultimately just comes down to find strongest attack + stacking support skills that boost that attack. You can do goofy all resist poo poo but even on merciless you don't have to do that, that's just for memeing.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Also an important thing to note for your specific inquiry, the type of resultant persona will always be the same when fusing two specific types together. So say you fuse a Fool and a Magician together, that will always result in a Death Persona. Be sure to take note of what results in what when looking for specific types, though the fusion search option makes things a lot easier and you should use it to simplify the process. Most guides out there have fusion charts in them if you want to know what you need to smash together.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How do you prioritize single and multi targets attacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Janissary Hop posted:

Fusion ultimately just comes down to find strongest attack + stacking support skills that boost that attack. You can do goofy all resist poo poo but even on merciless you don't have to do that, that's just for memeing.

I happen to love doing that goofy poo poo with no weaknesses. Getting an early resist or null from a lucky skill change is fun to pass up the chain.