Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Speaking of seasons (sorry, Cycles), are they going to introduce temporary mechanics to differentiate them like PoE does with Leagues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

A Moose posted:

Why does the game re-roll every map when you leave it? It would be nice to town portal back, sell some stuff, and come back to the same map you left.

Though it is nice when you come back and there's now a mage prison or chest next to you

It's to encourage you to stop selling poo poo because that is a waste of time.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Speaking of seasons (sorry, Cycles), are they going to introduce temporary mechanics to differentiate them like PoE does with Leagues?

they said the first 2 cycles were going to be base game stuff, then after that, they'll swap to seasonally exclusive mechanics, which they may roll into the base game

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
As someone playing the bugged warlock build, I wish they would fix it. I don't have any self-control, so while this build is 1000% better than literally anything else there is no reason for me to try out any alts, which means I'm unlikely to play for more than another week or two this cycle.

It's clearly a bug. The values don't match the tooltip. It's not even a grey area.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zereth posted:

We used to start in I think the Imperial era. :shrug We did like, two zones, found an epoch shard, and went to the ruined era.
we always started in the divine era, but from memory we used to be on our way to the war conference when we got distracted picking up the epoch shard rather than arriving at the war conference then being asked to track down the elder.

(I believe the E stands for Empire - we start near the end of the divine era with mutual destruction of the gods in the war and the ascension of the undead emperor)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Totally. I'm a 10 year PoE vet and nothing in the genre has ever held a candle (Sorry Grim Dawn) but this has real potential.

The only reason I'm miffed with this leveling build is it doesn't really use all the cool skill synergies I came to love in some previous builds I did in Beta.

grim dawn owns but yeah this is the only game I can currently see becoming a meaningful contender to POE. I wouldn't actually write grim dawn devs off because there's a ton of good design in that game, but idk it's got a lot farther to go

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

To be fair, PoE does regularly fix bugs mid-league, both the kind that make a great build broken and also the ones that make a lovely build barely functional.
Both Healing Hands and Warlock would still be extremely strong even without the bugs anyway.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Wuxi posted:

To be fair, PoE does regularly fix bugs mid-league, both the kind that make a great build broken and also the ones that make a lovely build barely functional.
Both Healing Hands and Warlock would still be extremely strong even without the bugs anyway.

Is Healing Hands even bugged? My understanding is that it's simply overtuned, but doesn't have an actual defect associated with it where it's doing something unintended.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Locator posted:

Is Healing Hands even bugged? My understanding is that it's simply overtuned, but doesn't have an actual defect associated with it where it's doing something unintended.

The ward gain is not supposed to scale with Healing Power at all

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
So they nerfed selling arena keys for gold too? I hadn't really done that yet, but making gold for stash tabs isn't exactly great, especially on a warlock where you're way ahead of where the gold is dropping.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

The Locator posted:

I think the issue with Profane Veil is that it's fallen neatly in that grey area between "overtuned but working as intended, leave it be and rebalance later" and "buggy, fix it now" where a design team full of former ARPG players with complex PTSD from a million forum arguments just like this over mid cycle nerfs in other games hasn't quite decided they can justify nerfing it yet

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fknlo posted:

So they nerfed selling arena keys for gold too? I hadn't really done that yet, but making gold for stash tabs isn't exactly great, especially on a warlock where you're way ahead of where the gold is dropping.

I'm fully offline so i just played about with my saves to give me lots of gold, paid enough real life money to PoE for stash tabs... this time i'm getting what i want. :colbert:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is their strategy for money. Are they going to have a micro shop ?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah they're selling cosmetics to those who can play online

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

gnoma posted:

In today's patch notes (https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/last-epoch-patch-1-0-2-notes/66953) EHG gave their stance on fixing bugs mid-season:

Also, from a dev post on reddit:

It's a pretty wild take, imo. In order to not make players feel bad about their builds getting nerfed (by bug fixes) they are creating an environment where you get to choose between 40k eHP with max investment on a 2h Void Knight or millions of eHP with mild investment on a Profane Veil abusing Warlock. Like they think somehow that doesn't feel bad for the Void Knight player.

colon reddit colon is pretty accurate
:reddit:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

For Monoliths, is it more efficient to rush towards their objectives and then bounce out or to maximize the stability gains by killing trash mobs? I assume the former, but I've only just started clearing them.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

What exactly is the warlock bug?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Fruits of the sea posted:

What exactly is the warlock bug?

Profane Veil's Vampiric Pool is supposed to absorb 4% of killed minion health as ward (per tool tip), but it's doing 40% instead, allowing warlocks to generate 100k+ ward with two key presses on a very short cooldown.

It's clearly a bug and I honestly don't understand why they are being so hardheaded about fixing it. I get they don't want to set a midleague nerf precedent, but bug fixes aren't nerfs. Even PoE understands that difference.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

euphronius posted:

What is their strategy for money. Are they going to have a micro shop ?

If you mean in-game money. It's just gold, not attached to any MTX. It's used for buying stash tabs and gambling on chests in the Lightless Arbor dungeon after the boss.

If you mean real money, just a cash shop for cosmetics and only cosmetics which EHG is committed to. Shop has been active since before they went 1.0 and you could even buy support packs similar to how POE does it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I guess I’m just weird but I really can’t imagine a situation in which I’d “feel bad” for a meta/arguably bugged build I don’t want to play being “better” than one I do. It’s a strange notion to even consider.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't play a Warlock and don't give a poo poo that some of them are OP right now. If the game lasts long enough then Everyone Will Get a Turn eventually and I wouldn't want any theoretical future hilariously broken build to be stopped by the fun police, that's some D4 Dev mindset.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Vulpes posted:

As someone playing the bugged warlock build, I wish they would fix it. I don't have any self-control, so while this build is 1000% better than literally anything else there is no reason for me to try out any alts, which means I'm unlikely to play for more than another week or two this cycle.

It's clearly a bug. The values don't match the tooltip. It's not even a grey area.

Which build is this, just curious, no reason...

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Anno posted:

I guess I’m just weird but I really can’t imagine a situation in which I’d “feel bad” for a meta/arguably bugged build I don’t want to play being “better” than one I do. It’s a strange notion to even consider.

I like optimizing and I also want my gameplay to flow well. I would prefer to not have to choose between an ability that's synergistic and integrates well into my build or one that's really designed for a different build but is numerically very overpowered. Having poor tuning incentivizing me to take ill-fitting abilities because they have good numbers is not fun to me, and makes me feel sour no matter what option I ultimately go with.

You can of course argue that's a me problem and you're not wrong, but it is also the developer's job to try to make sure that the fun choices and the good choices are aligned. "One of the responsibilities of designers is to protect the player from themselves" and all that.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Rakeris posted:

Which build is this, just curious, no reason...

You can do it on pretty much any warlock build. Put points in Vampiric Pool on the Profane Veil skill tree, take Bone Prison on the Bone Curse skill tree. Summon the bone prisons, eat them with Profane Veil, enjoy a shitload of ward

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The dumb thing is that the torment warlock would still be S-tier even after the bug fix, 10k+ ward on command is still loving great. So nobody is gonna get dumpstered.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i have two (2) minion health rolls on my gear at level 85 and im making so much ward (~80k) that the display overflows and starts over from 0. the ward is still there - it just goes to 64k, then starts counting from 0. that's clearly too much ward and it should be fixed.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Hey I've been playing this game (it's cool, team necro) and I've been desperately trying not to look stuff up and just play as I find it BUT...

...I just found this dungeon called the Lightless Arbor that I couldn't get in at level 20 and then at level 25 something dropped a key for it.

Will that dungeon scale to my level or if I use my key am I going to go in and find a bunch of stuff too high level for me to kill?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My Warlock is level 98 and doing ~300 corruption easily without abusing the Profane Veil ward bug at all, it is really only relevant for people pushing extremely high levels of arena or whatever (which is literally like 20 people out of 200k+).

I've killed the Black Sun monolith boss 8 times on empowered monoliths so far and still haven't seen the crit multi blessing which is what I'm trying to get. I've seen the other 12 blessings at least 3 times each and that single one hasn't shown up which is really frustrating considering the time investment just to get it. At 200+ corruption you get to choose between 5 blessings after killing the boss so I have been very unlucky but I'd still like to see the system changed somehow to remove this extreme amount of RNG.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

All the dungeons have difficulty levels you can choose after putting a key in - the Lightless Arbor's lowest is level 20 so have it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Wuxi posted:

The ward gain is not supposed to scale with Healing Power at all

Ah, okay. So it would still generate ward, but not scale like it does. On the other hand that would allow all the increased healing effectiveness affixes to become more spell damage or more void damage instead, as it's a prefix shard, so the DPS side would skyrocket, while still retaining all the health and hybrid health suffixes. Seems like it would still be a solid and tanky build (well, at least the VK Autobomber build, not sure about other Sentinel builds).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The math got figured out on experimental affixes and can be manipulated to an affix you want while crafting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8sapH_tuY

Edit: Link to the tool if you want to skip the vid: https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/insight

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 7, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Vulpes posted:

The dumb thing is that the torment warlock would still be S-tier even after the bug fix, 10k+ ward on command is still loving great. So nobody is gonna get dumpstered.

My Warlock has neither profane veil or bone whatever it is... It's a Chthonic fissure build and it generates plenty of ward to the point that at level 79 in the final level 90 monoliths it's still a cake walk. I'd probably be deep into the empowered monoliths now except that I got distracted by the VK Autobomber build that's already into empowered and still lower level than my warlock.

Warlock is very strong without using this interesting 'feature'.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
How is the controller support in the latest patch? Ideally for me it would be like Diablo 4.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fknlo posted:

I have like 800,000 gold and no idea where it came from. I've never sold a single key and I have like 10 stash tabs. All I've done is level up two characters and run monoliths. Gold just piles up after awhile from normal play in my experience.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's mostly just from random gold on the ground that you automatically hoover up while clearing mobs, although some items (jewelry, weapons, affix shards) actually do vendor for a fair amount of gold. The monolith maps where you clear a gate tend to have some juicy gold drops at the end too. I'm at like 30 stash tabs and still have 2.5 mil gold although I could blow all of that in a single Lightless Arbor map if I felt like it.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Traxis posted:

You can do it on pretty much any warlock build. Put points in Vampiric Pool on the Profane Veil skill tree, take Bone Prison on the Bone Curse skill tree. Summon the bone prisons, eat them with Profane Veil, enjoy a shitload of ward

Sweet, I'll play with that, thanks!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
if you simply just don't pick up poo poo to sell, you can clear like 50% faster and earn like 48% more gold in doing so

nerox
May 20, 2001
What is the link to the broken warlock build?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Lysandus posted:

How is the controller support in the latest patch? Ideally for me it would be like Diablo 4.

It's passable to bad depending on build. And then actually interacting with the UI is a nightmare. I play on controller then immediately switch to mouse when I have to interact with my inventory or skill pages etc.

My favorite thing is you press A on controller to proceed down a level in a dungeon, but then you must click with mouse to press the proceed button. Pressing A again will give you "Door already in use" error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't pick up random junk but I'm always way ahead of dying things and therefore miss a lot of gold as a bleed warlock. Stash tabs get expensive quick too. They apparently said they'll lower the cost of them by 25% with the next patch to compensate.