Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

According to reddit you have to log out and back in after the timer runs out for it to drop.

Don't open it yet because some people are saying the quest is bugged and doesn't count it yet.

The winners engram finally showed up after I logged in via steam instead of ps5, and I was able to claim it for progress.

I wonder if there's a coordinated effort to get people to just go hunter so everyone can unlock the permanent hover board faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
mine counted when I cracked it open yesterday evening so, depending on whether anything breaks from here you should be set. I guess?

e: Jesus you get a shitton of guns from turning medals in. I don't care about so many of these and they're not even deep sight capable.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Some of the reward guns have double perks, so keep an eye out.

I have a tarraxipos from last year with a choice of explosive rounds or kill clip, so I'm very happy with that.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

yeah, that's fair. and I do like the origin perk, I just can't hold all these goddamn limes!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is something wrong with class matchmaking for nightfalls? the third player consistently gets dropped

RBA Starblade posted:

Matchmaking in general seems nonfunctional

Bungie hosed it

I tried the class-based one last night; stayed in orbit at 1/3 forever and then got dropped in solo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I somehow escaped all these bugs last night but since Titans are the worst in PVP I'm not going to get winner packages and I'm not sweaty enough to do a maximum score nightfall so roll on those 1200 medal points :negative:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

I somehow escaped all these bugs last night but since Titans are the worst in PVP I'm not going to get winner packages and I'm not sweaty enough to do a maximum score nightfall so roll on those 1200 medal points :negative:

You just need to find two people willing to emote finish every Champion and Major. Don’t bother trying to do it with pubbies.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
It seems like the diamond medallion for watching Twitch streamers counts as 300 medal points, so if you're willing to do that for all three weeks, it should only require actually gathering the final 300 medal points from events.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That would require watching twitch streamers though, and i'd rather pull my eyes out through my arsehole.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You don't have to actually sit there doing nothing but consuming the content, you can have it muted in a background tab and close it after 2 hours

But I agree that engaging with that whole ecosystem feels bad and I'm not gonna do it either

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That would require watching twitch streamers though, and i'd rather pull my eyes out through my arsehole.

I had Twitch up on my PS4 while I played. Never actually watched the streamer, just got the loot then turned it off.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The Title with Threat Detector and Repulsor Brace is no joke my go-to for my Gyrfalcon’s build, idk if there’s a better roll this year but I doubt it

e: oh gently caress they moved TD and RB into the same column yeah this year’s version is cooked lmao

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 6, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just got the exotic skimmer in a NF right now lol, lfg seems to understand to emote then punch out everything. Got 260k for top 10% on Cistern

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Pirate Jet posted:

The Title with Threat Detector and Repulsor Brace is no joke my go-to for my Gyrfalcon’s build, idk if there’s a better roll this year but I doubt it

e: oh gently caress they moved TD and RB into the same column yeah this year’s version is cooked lmao

It can get Repulsor + Destabilizing rounds now, it's extremely silly!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

T1g4h posted:

It can get Repulsor + Destabilizing rounds now, it's extremely silly!

That's nice for other classes, but Destablizing Rounds is redundant on Gyrfalcon's, and the origin trait giving you your class ability back is what makes it so good on Gyrfalcon's.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Some players don’t play Hunter

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

haveblue posted:

Just literally do three (3) of the focus activity with the class that’s winning. I didn’t even pay attention while breezing through a strike this morning and a nightfall last night and I’m 2/3. Your pledge isn’t for the whole event, it’s per focused activity 2 hour window.

Right now it’s currently class vs class gambit with Hunters taking a healthy lead. Play a game (with hunter), win or lose, then collect your reward in 90 minutes.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 6, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I only use my Titan, if I loaded up the Hunter or warlock then I’d get the new player experience and it’s not worth it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Class vs. Class Gambit seems like it'd just be Celestial Nighthawk: The Mode

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Some players don’t play Hunter

some even despise them OP

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Got the diamond medalion for leaving my phone charging while streaming luckyy10p (given that he was the first name on the list I recognised and I don't hate the opinions of) and have gone from 70 odd score to 400ish, so yay?

I had to log out and back in to get it to appear in-game, then logged into my hunter to pledge the focus activity. They are, as usual, sitting on double the points of the nearest class (warlocks).

Still think the points for just playing normally should be tuned way up, and the threshold for unlocking should be tuned way down, as always.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Paying2Lurk posted:

Okay. Trying to get back in the swing of things. But, uh, this game is making it tough.
The new/returning player experience in D2 has always been miserable and it's no wonder the game is constantly setting new low scores in peak active players when Bungie seems hellbent on driving existing players away while simultaneously making it near impossible to get started as a new player or even get back in.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Got the diamond medalion for leaving my phone charging while streaming luckyy10p (given that he was the first name on the list I recognised and I don't hate the opinions of) and have gone from 70 odd score to 400ish, so yay?

I had to log out and back in to get it to appear in-game, then logged into my hunter to pledge the focus activity. They are, as usual, sitting on double the points of the nearest class (warlocks).

Still think the points for just playing normally should be tuned way up, and the threshold for unlocking should be tuned way down, as always.

'higher/lower than intended" is Bungie's motto

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

haveblue posted:

??????

Titans are the best pvp class! Especially in this mode that incentivizes pressing w for crests!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hackan Slash posted:

??????

Titans are the best pvp class! Especially in this mode that incentivizes pressing w for crests!

I just wish I had a good SMG to use with my PKs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

You gotta play the game to get smgs.

Also just got the skimmer hell yeah hunter supremacy

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Huh, today's Competitive Nightfall is The Inverted Spire. I didn't even know there was a NF version of it and had largely forgotten about it; I've only ever had it come up in the Vanguard Ops playlist once, ever.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

You should join the clan, we'll get you suited up

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I think last years Competitive playlist featured Inverted Spire, so they might be just using that rotation.

I think they deprioritized that strike from showing up in general because they want to update it like Arms Dealer or Lake of Shadows. Who knows if they will actually do it though.

Randomly thought about the "We'll be adding the whole Cosmodrome eventually! actually nevermind" fake out from however many years ago.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I thought they did update it, you can no longer burn the boss

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hackan Slash posted:

I thought they did update it, you can no longer burn the boss

Also there's a Drake tank in it now! And you probably won't die from the launcher!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

can't decide which one of these i want to be a meanie pants in crucible with

like yeah multimach has more stats overall but dumpstering the reload hurts

also subjunctive's hipfire grip is ENHANCED!!!!!!! what does that mean? it's a mystery

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You’re gripping it very very tightly

life_source posted:

I think last years Competitive playlist featured Inverted Spire, so they might be just using that rotation.

I think they deprioritized that strike from showing up in general because they want to update it like Arms Dealer or Lake of Shadows. Who knows if they will actually do it though.

Randomly thought about the "We'll be adding the whole Cosmodrome eventually! actually nevermind" fake out from however many years ago.

Bring back Brotheon IMO

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I do miss some of the old strikes :smith:.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Maybe I have brain worms but I really miss the old Red War campaign and the other content vault stuff.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Into the Light update is just turning off sun setting to much gnashing of teeth and entertainment.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hackan Slash posted:

You should join the clan, we'll get you suited up

This game has clans?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Also there's a Drake tank in it now! And you probably won't die from the launcher!

The Drake has been there since year 1; it's just had a super tiny chance to ever spawn. Same thing for the original Arms Dealer, in the open area before you enter the big ship (no clue if the new version of the strike can still spawn it).

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

Into the Light update is just turning off sun setting to much gnashing of teeth and entertainment.

Wait, what? So things like Mountaintop can have power levels again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

ponzicar posted:

The Drake has been there since year 1; it's just had a super tiny chance to ever spawn. Same thing for the original Arms Dealer, in the open area before you enter the big ship (no clue if the new version of the strike can still spawn it).

pretty sure it can.