Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hu Tao sensing there's probably some beef between these two old guys but having no idea how much would be really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The problem is that she's not inviting the right Archons. Just put Furina and Ei in a room with Venti and there will be fisticuffs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well I have all these wishes but no Stardust and a personal vow to never grind for handguards or specter drops so I'm using em.

Standard Banner

(10)Rainslasher (20) Rosaria C7 Bennet C7 (30) Sacrificial Sword (40) Eye of Perception (50) Kujou Sara C7 Sacrificial Greatsword (60) Yaoyao C1 (70) Mika C7 (80) Mona C3 Sacrificial Fragments (90)

(10) Kuki Shinobu C3 Lion's Roar (20) The Widsith (30) Beidou C7 (40) The Widsith (50) The Bell (60) Sucrose C7 Rosaria C8 Kuki Shinobu C4 Yaoyao C2 Favonius Codex (70) Skyward Blade R1 Barbara C7

That batch of 4*s made me realize that you don't get extra Starglitter for each 4* character you get on a wish, which seems like a scam.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I finally found the best specter spot. Its in Enkanomiya, Kunado's Locus in the lower right. There are 11 spectres in the northeast of it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I haven't played in about a year. How are things going in the game? Is Fontaine good? I left off the story before the post-Sumaru Dainslief story. Have they added the hot goth lady yet?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you mean arlecchino not yet but her and her evil kids show up in the fontaine story some

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Everyone is hoping that she's in 3.6, the upcoming patch is 3.5 and we'll know who is in 3.6 in 4 days or so.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
How was Lantern Rite this year? Seems I missed it. Did we get another bad Hu Tao rap?

Have there been any other major changes to the game or is the cycle the same as it has always been?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Mordiceius posted:

I haven't played in about a year. How are things going in the game? Is Fontaine good? I left off the story before the post-Sumaru Dainslief story. Have they added the hot goth lady yet?

Fontaines pretty fun, lots of underwater exploration which is a nice change of pace, especially after sumarus "miles and miles of desert".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

How was Lantern Rite this year? Seems I missed it. Did we get another bad Hu Tao rap?

Have there been any other major changes to the game or is the cycle the same as it has always been?
there's been some QoL stuff. you can get daily commission points by completing regular sidequests or opening chests, so unless you're tapped out on content you don't have to do the dailies anymore. and some random stuff like artifact loadouts (though the implementation is a bit jank.) but no major system changes

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I liked the desert, but mostly for the cool underground caves and tombs :sigh:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nakar posted:

The problem is that she's not inviting the right Archons. Just put Furina and Ei in a room with Venti and there will be fisticuffs.

I feel like Furina and Venti would either be the best of friends or worst of enemies, what with them being the biggest hams in the world. They'd either click together or just outright hate each other for being overly dramatic theater kids (and I lean towards them not liking each other).

I do like the idea just sitting in the corner laughing their asses off while watching Ei stumble around after getting drunk off of one glass of wine, though

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lock furina, hu tao, fischl and venti in a room with a terrible play about delusional liars hiding their true identity from the world

:getin:

e: and some wine of course, else venti will just explode the doors with a tornado to escape

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I mean Hu Tao's voice line about Zhongli is:

quote:

Zhongli looks young, but his personality is a bit dusty. Knows everything, but doesn't fret over anything. Hmm... Couldn't be that he's a...Hehe, forget it, whatever.
So she probably knows he's an adeptus but not that he's Morax. She'd be way more smug and coy about it if so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shed probably also use 'the' and not 'a' if she thought he was the archon but not sure on how that lines written in cn

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Excelzior posted:

I liked the desert, but mostly for the cool underground caves and tombs :sigh:

Yeah, the underground bits were cool, but by the time sumeru was finished I was very much ready for another biome.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Well I have all these wishes but no Stardust and a personal vow to never grind for handguards or specter drops so I'm using em.

Standard Banner

(10)Rainslasher (20) Rosaria C7 Bennet C7 (30) Sacrificial Sword (40) Eye of Perception (50) Kujou Sara C7 Sacrificial Greatsword (60) Yaoyao C1 (70) Mika C7 (80) Mona C3 Sacrificial Fragments (90)

(10) Kuki Shinobu C3 Lion's Roar (20) The Widsith (30) Beidou C7 (40) The Widsith (50) The Bell (60) Sucrose C7 Rosaria C8 Kuki Shinobu C4 Yaoyao C2 Favonius Codex (70) Skyward Blade R1 Barbara C7

That batch of 4*s made me realize that you don't get extra Starglitter for each 4* character you get on a wish, which seems like a scam.

You don't get glitter for a brand new character, but on all the dupes it just shows up directly on the duplicate character panel instead of in the summary at the end. The extra dust and glitter are only from 3* and 4* weapons.

Why isn't it all counted up at the end? Got me.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Neat synergy I didn’t immediately realise when I shoved the wolf’s gravestone on Diluc with Furina/CR/Bennett, I was seeing the last few plunge attacks suddenly jump up in damage more than I expected.

I think what’s happening is the swords “attacks against opponents with less than 30% hp increase all party members attack by 40%” is double dipping, increasing Diluc’s attack but also increasing CR’s which increased her plunge attack damage boost even further. Pretty cool!

No clue how you get near the 4.5k upper limit for CR’s buff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

On field DPS with Bennett+Signature gets there I think. Ofc then you're building atk+atk+atk on your on field DPS.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Mordiceius posted:

Is Fontaine good?

Fontaine is the best region and it also has the best story and the best characters.

EDIT: Best lore too.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Mordiceius posted:

It was an ok culturally appropriate holiday father-son reconciliation story starring the newest 4 star character. Normally I'd say you didn't miss too much besides some cute interactions you can see on youtube if you want. But unfortunately, at the end of the story Neuvillette gifted us a handmade Neuvilladle. And since you missed it your account has been incorrigibly bricked, sorry

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Izzhov posted:

Fontaine is the best region and it also has the best story and the best characters.

EDIT: Best lore too.

The only thing I know about Fontane is from the Tiktok meme about "Oratrice Mecanique d'Analyse Cardinale" and all I know from that is... it sounds funny.

MoonCrab posted:

It was an ok culturally appropriate holiday father-son reconciliation story starring the newest 4 star character. Normally I'd say you didn't miss too much besides some cute interactions you can see on youtube if you want. But unfortunately, at the end of the story Neuvillette gifted us a handmade Neuvilladle. And since you missed it your account has been incorrigibly bricked, sorry

I mean, my account was already hosed because I had missed the original Dragonspine event that gave the Albedo? weapon.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Asimo posted:

So she probably knows he's an adeptus but not that he's Morax. She'd be way more smug and coy about it if so.
That seems to be the default assumption for anybody with wacky powers in Liyue that eclipses whatever a normal Vision holder can do. The Traveler is occasionally referred to as an adeptus by NPCs who aren't sure what the gently caress is going on with them other than "Supernaturally gifted badass who appears to have no Vision, so probably one of those cultivator types."

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Especially in the region just chock full of them, yeah.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The pyramids and underground desert ruins were the coolest exploration of this game and I can only hope that Natlan brings more cool temples.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The pyramids and underground desert ruins were the coolest exploration of this game and I can only hope that Natlan brings more cool temples.

This. Most fun I've had in Genshin, I couldn't get enough of it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah I've been way less enthused exploring Fontaine because I can't get my tomb raiding fix on.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Eimi posted:

Yeah I've been way less enthused exploring Fontaine because I can't get my tomb raiding fix on.

There's at least a couple of underwater ruins in Fontaine! Sure, they're not a mf-ing pyramid, but still!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

booksnake posted:

There's at least a couple of underwater ruins in Fontaine! Sure, they're not a mf-ing pyramid, but still!

Well yeah, had to the world quests.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Eimi posted:

Well yeah, had to the world quests.

I'm pretty sure the entire Ordo Narcissenkreuz thing was underwater ruins of one sort or another. It wasn't exactly the same vibe but it felt at least a little close to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

You don't get glitter for a brand new character, but on all the dupes it just shows up directly on the duplicate character panel instead of in the summary at the end. The extra dust and glitter are only from 3* and 4* weapons.

Why isn't it all counted up at the end? Got me.

I haven't bought anything off the Star glitter shop aside from characters so far but that makes me feel a lot better, thanks!

Maybe this'll be the year I buy all the Royal and Blackcliff weapons

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Excelzior posted:

lock furina, hu tao, fischl and venti in a room with a terrible play about delusional liars hiding their true identity from the world

:getin:

e: and some wine of course, else venti will just explode the doors with a tornado to escape

:hmmyes:

Lock Mona in there with them just to see her lose her mind at having to deal with all four of them at once

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Mona tries her best with Fischl at least, bless her for that.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh look, hoyo finally posted Chiori's preview thingy.

Wait hold on a sec

Hoyo posted:

Chiori is a DMG dealer that can flexibly choose offensive tactics based on the party composition.

?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MoonCrab posted:

Oh look, hoyo finally posted Chiori's preview thingy.

Wait hold on a sec

?

She has a passive where if she normal attacks after her e, for 5s she has geo infusion. If she hits e again, she immediately swaps out to the next character in order. You will hit e again on her 99% of the time unless you pull for her c6.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I don't normally post to brag about artifact luck, but holy poo poo my Furina is eating good tonight.

Might be my best artifact in 3+ years of play.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

49.8 CV with not only useful, but arguably optimal substats for Furina, is absolutely disgusting and I am insanely jealous.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Just a matter of time before I hit one of those for navia. any day now.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I'm a pretty new F2P player and my only 5* is Nahida. I'm thinking I should save wishes until next week for a bigger range of available characters? Or is one of the 2 options this week worth blowing all my wishes on?
(I'll probably have given up on the game long before I get anywhere near figuring out "optimal" rotations, but I'm enjoying the story so far)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Baby Proof posted:

I'm a pretty new F2P player and my only 5* is Nahida. I'm thinking I should save wishes until next week for a bigger range of available characters? Or is one of the 2 options this week worth blowing all my wishes on?
(I'll probably have given up on the game long before I get anywhere near figuring out "optimal" rotations, but I'm enjoying the story so far)

You have the most broken character. Use whatever electro and hydro you have, wait for (e.g.) shogun/kuki shinobu, furina/neuvillette, hyperbloom will be your friend forever.