Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tonetta posted:

what if you chose the difficulty you liked, and it didn't have to be the maximum difficulty

Listen we aren't playing this game to have *fun*, we're playing it for validation by proxy. If I'm not beating the hardest mode without a sweat then whats going to fill this gaping void in my heart? Love? Don't make me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Risky Bisquick posted:

How elitist of you to say you do not want to hear heavy breathing following by someone’s mother yelli by at them to get off the games and do their homework

I thought I had ran across one of these in the wild when this young sounding person was getting lectured about playing. Even got the question-repeated-10x-angrier after not responding the first time. It turned out to be their wife.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Jerkface posted:

i hope they release a jerkface only difficulty and its the hardest one. :colbert:

you wouldnt be able to do it anyway lmao

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Tonetta posted:

what if you chose the difficulty you liked, and it didn't have to be the maximum difficulty

Why do they even make it if you can't win. Bs game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
On the positive side, the buffs to the Punisher, Spray and Pray, and 110/ 380 barrages are really good (walking barrage should've also got that buff but whatever). I also generally agree with the nerfs to the personal shield and the breaker, just think the railgun nerfs went a bit too far and several other weapons likely should've been buffed as well to make them more viable.

e: you hens still clucking at each other nonstop huh. No shame whatsoever getting in your feelings and freaking out about a drat video game? lol

Play fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 7, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jerkface posted:

i hope they release a jerkface only difficulty and its the hardest one. :colbert:

Shut up

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Worf posted:

you wouldnt be able to do it anyway lmao

ill have you know i graduated top of helldiver training and have over 1500 confirmed teamkills to my name

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Are you all this whiny because Jerkface had the gall to call himself p good at the game or something

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
wow, Jerkface has been puppet mastering us this whole time, who could have predicted this?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

starkebn posted:

wow, Jerkface has been puppet mastering us this whole time, who could have predicted this?

thats not what that means and doesnt apply here. im sincere in that i like to play games for challenge and am good at video games (generally) and it's just my opinion that this game should stay beatable using the in game tools.

Arrowhead has done overall a great job making this a very fun drop in game where i can get as sweaty as i want without needing an appointment with a gamer group.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

flashman posted:

Why do they even make it if you can't win. Bs game

I swear u play the exact list of games I play

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Then this game isn’t for you.

The only way to win is to have a good team. That’s it. That’s the way to win. When your team isn’t doing good team things you lose.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i'm starting to understand why jerkface doesn't have anyone to play with

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Jerkface posted:

well tonetta what if i want the max difficulty what then :colbert:

then it sounds like if the developers were to make the higher difficulties harder, the difficulty you'd want and the difficulty you'd like would be two different things. so in that scenario you could try to branch out into finding which of the game options the developers made available to you you enjoy playing more. you could also continue to butt your head at a difficulty level you do not enjoy. it would be up to you to make the wisest call.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Alkydere posted:

I'm absolutely in love with the AP Liberator. Yes you do a little less damage per bullet, and your mags are smaller so you have to reload more often but the ability to shoot things and ignore a lot of medium armor is great. I especially love shooting Hive Guards in that big slab they call a face. I'm returning that slab right back to sender.

Yeah you use a bit more ammo shooting little dudes but it still kills them pretty easy. Also you can adjust the range of the scope and basically use it as a DMR.

Also I tried the "counter-sniper rifle" DMR and...that thing is such poo poo. Its big problems are: low armor penetration for something supposedly using heavier rounds and the gun turns super slow. It's a primary weapon, a semi-auto rifle, it shouldn't feel as heavy to turn as an autocannon.
I like popping a Brood Commander's head in like 10 shots. Hate those guys

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

toasterwarrior posted:

Are you all this whiny because Jerkface had the gall to call himself p good at the game or something

no this is just what its like in the games forum when you say things mildly critical of the game youre posting about

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

i'm starting to understand why jerkface doesn't have anyone to play with

I'm very chill to game with i don't understand why arguing with weirdos who don't want me to have fun with pubbies would make me friendless, im friendless for other better reasons

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
You know what needs a bufff?

The gun emplacement. It needs a whole lot more ammo.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

it should just get the +50% ammo buff from the sentry upgrade or something

its kind of kickin rad tbh but has big weaknesses. unlimited ammo imo lets go.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
It is just so so satisfying to use, I just want to do it more!

Jerkface posted:

weirdos who don't want me to have fun with pubbies

Literally the only person who has non jokingly expressed a desire that other people not be allowed to have fun is you, because it would hurt your ego if they were allowed to do so.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CelticPredator posted:

Then this game isn’t for you.

The only way to win is to have a good team. That’s it. That’s the way to win. When your team isn’t doing good team things you lose.

or you can idk play on one of the easier difficulties. if you want to prove to everyone that you're a god gamer or whatever just religiously take screenshots of the post mission result stats so you can have the evidence ready for when the epeen police do their rounds

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Tonetta posted:

I swear u play the exact list of games I play

You must be a nerd. This one's good and the servers are pretty much fixed if you haven't dove in yet

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

Counterintuitively I wish the blast radius on mines was lower. There's too many times when some small bug will step on a mine and the entire field will detonate in a chain reaction.

i want the blast radius to be smaller and the damage dealt to be tripled

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Personally I would just enjoy the game as-as instead of getting mad about a hypothetical difficulty setting that doesn't even exist

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

https://i.imgur.com/lN1RuZa.mp4

Post patch thoughts are railgun is fine, I've been underrating the recoilless, the fortress shield does not stand up to any barrages. :( I didn't realise it can actually go down and recharge. TBH with it going down and recharging, the thing should last longer.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Bussamove posted:

Can you actually juke a patrol/breach hole that’s spotted you so they drop aggro? I’m coming from the Vermintide/Darktide side of things where if they’re coming at you it’s a fight no matter what, I’m still getting used to how things work in regards to the AI here.

Yeah start running and drop a napalm/cluster to thin the herd, and just keep running.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

flashman posted:

You must be a nerd.

Guilty

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

lol each time I tried the flamethrower, hunters lept at me engulfed and took me down.

Give it CC/stagger, says I!!!

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Arrath posted:

Yeah start running and drop a napalm/cluster to thin the herd, and just keep running.

I usually do that because it feels right but honestly if you just swerve around a few obstacles so you've thoroughly broken line of sight, you can escape without even killing anything most of the time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had a bunch of awful games today playing on helldive and suicide so yeah those aren’t for me. Imma go lower and have fun again

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dandywalken posted:

lol each time I tried the flamethrower, hunters lept at me engulfed and took me down.

Give it CC/stagger, says I!!!

*chanting* EMS, EMS, EMS!

E: chargers seem to just skate through EMS sometimes, good poo poo

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Literally the only person who has non jokingly expressed a desire that other people not be allowed to have fun is you, because it would hurt your ego if they were allowed to do so.

???

he's pro making higher difficulties need less tight coordination and anti nerfing stuff, what are you talking about

dude you even fuckin replied to him saying that stuff? are you high

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Smoke actually does help with juking and breaking contact, although its not a panacea.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Triarii posted:

I usually do that because it feels right but honestly if you just swerve around a few obstacles so you've thoroughly broken line of sight, you can escape without even killing anything most of the time.

But then you're not the cool guy not looking at an explosion

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Arrath posted:

But then you're not the cool guy not looking at an explosion

I mean either way I'm...still not looking at an explosion

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eediot Jedi posted:

*chanting* EMS, EMS, EMS!

E: chargers seem to just skate through EMS sometimes, good poo poo

Argh I forgot EMS. EMS grenade when? :getin:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Triarii posted:

I mean either way I'm...still not looking at an explosion

Ah gently caress, you got me there

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

toasterwarrior posted:

???

he's pro making higher difficulties need less tight coordination and anti nerfing stuff, what are you talking about

dude you even fuckin replied to him saying that stuff? are you high

Why make the highest difficulty easier when there's a bunch of easier difficulties anyway? Who does this benefit?

If clicking on helldive just spawned only chargers and bile titans and was unbeatable this would be fine, because I can just click impossible instead and maybe some dude will figure out how to do it

flashman fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 7, 2024

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
oh christ don't even talk to me, you're the worst gooniest one here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

flashman posted:

Why make the highest difficulty easier when there's a bunch of easier difficulties anyway? Who does this benefit?

If clicking on helldive just spawned only chargers and bile titans and was unbeatable this would be fine, because I can just click impossible instead and maybe some dude will figure out how to do it

but imagine how much you will be missing out on if you play on the difficulty level that spawns 3 chargers per encounter instead of 5