Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

eonblue174 posted:

https://twitter.com/ColourTann/status/1765028851388707065?s=20

3.0 March 20th! I'm so excited!

Fingers crossed for portrait mode bc I'm a freak
oh hell yeah this means (easier) S&D on steam deck :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Very excited for new classes and items and enemies!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Is the new player experience going to be a bit more streamlined? Currently if you play the demo, the first items you'll get will often have no mechanical effect, and that was kind of confusing. Locking stuff with no immediate use behind beating level 4 or something might help reduce initial friction a bit.

Like, kill wolf -> get worn arms (obvious what this does and why it's useful).

kill wolf -> get pendulum (wait, why does moving sides around matter, are these dice weighted or something? Why is this an item?)

With tons and tons of added items and stuff I can easily see it getting harder for newbs to understand the start.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 7, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i understood the point of moving sides around relatively quickly tbh

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Endorph posted:

i understood the point of moving sides around relatively quickly tbh

yeah after you've played it becomes more obvious, but it's currently entirely possible for a new player to get multiple items which have zero mechanical effects at the start, which is bad tutorialization.

in addition to the tier 0 items which are basically just intentionally useless joke options

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 7, 2024

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Veryslightlymad posted:

Awesome.

I recently discovered level 4 heroes after actually playing with curses and taking a curse that was -1 hero.

It gave me a relatively broken character with a cool background. Playing levels 21-30 sounds like you're very likely to have more level 4s.

..............but will there be generic level 4s now?

One of the features that's been teased is that the game can now scale any class up/down level, so you can have (theoretically) appropriately-scaled versions of any level 1-3 class. Not sure if the game will pull those in or use randomly generated classes or use all new level 4 classes.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Veryslightlymad posted:

Awesome.

I recently discovered level 4 heroes after actually playing with curses and taking a curse that was -1 hero.

It gave me a relatively broken character with a cool background. Playing levels 21-30 sounds like you're very likely to have more level 4s.

..............but will there be generic level 4s now?

Wait, there are level 4 heroes in 2.0? :aaaaa:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MrQueasy posted:

Yes, you have to perma-kill one of your party members before they get to level 3 and then keep making progress until you get to a levelup where your remaining heroes are already at level 3. At this point the game will offer you a levelup choice between randomly generated level 4s.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

or get a 'start as t3' blessing

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )

Tunicate posted:

kill wolf -> get pendulum (wait, why does moving sides around matter, are these dice weighted or something? Why is this an item?)

Wait...are the sides weighted? I've played the game a decent amount and never thought about that

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CraigSlice posted:

Wait...are the sides weighted? I've played the game a decent amount and never thought about that

No, they're not weighted. Hence why no one else would think that as an option.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Tier 0 item that weights the die, but there's no way to check which face is weighted for and the weighting is subtle enough that it's hard to be totally certain through trial and error

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

MrQueasy posted:

You can actually get to level 5.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Kuros posted:

You can actually get to level 5.

Goddamn I’m worse at this game than I thought.

Tann, please continue so I can hand you more money.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

hype to buy this game for a 3rd time :getin:

it will be such an easier sell to get my dumber friends to buy this game on steam, too

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

MrQueasy posted:

Goddamn I’m worse at this game than I thought.

Tann, please continue so I can hand you more money.

It's mostly just pure luck or the blessing that gives Level 3 to Top, Middle and Bottom heroes.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Very excited for the update. I've managed to get my wife addicted to the game too. She loves it when the characters say something, like 'Calm down!' when another character does a load of damage.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
This game is a godsend for when my internet is out or I am on the bus. It's probably my most played game of the last year, on aggregate.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm a fan of slicing and dicing and it runs really well even in a bargain basement Kindle Fire. I'll probably buy it a 3rd time on Steam because I think it's good value and a good game.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Yeah I've been playing this a bunch on overnight backpacking trips once the sun goes down. I'm the only person around for miles and I'm playing a fuckin dice game on my phone lol

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

actually thinking about it, HEAVY PIPS would be an amazing curse.

That is, the more pips you have on a side, the higher the weight is in the physics sim and thus the less likely you are to get it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i've always assumed the leftmost side is the 6, so this would probably be more of a blessing

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
No, the heaviest side is the one most likely to lie facedown. You'd be disproportionately likely to roll blank faces and anything with no pip value (so e.g. Valkyrie would actually kinda-sorta benefit by dint of her death prevention sides being easier to get)

e: Roulette would be super unlikely to ever roll the sticky mandatory death nuke...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

d'oh yes of course, heavy side goes face down

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Roulette is an honorary Helldiver

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Tann posted:

Lots of new stuff coming, exciting times. It's probably going to be a disaster somehow.

Here's one of the new modes-

Looking forward to injecting this stuff straight into my veins. I've put a stupid amount of time into this game for the amount I paid. Still easily one of the best phone game titles out there.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
I'm trying to decide if I should start a fresh save so I can earn all the achievements again in the new version. I currently have all but two, and they are really hard, so I just haven't played in a while.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Farquar posted:

I'm trying to decide if I should start a fresh save so I can earn all the achievements again in the new version. I currently have all but two, and they are really hard, so I just haven't played in a while.

Fwiw, upgrading to version 2 required a fresh save so it wouldn't be shocking to have to start over.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Perhaps a strange question, but does/will this have gamepad support on PC? Alternatively, can it be played completely on keyboard?

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
Will Google play version update to 3 on march 20th as well? I'll never play on steam but excited about some new monsters to slice on android

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
How come copycat doesn't work on Plague?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Plague is currently bugged as a keyword

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
If I bought the game previously on Itch, do I need to buy again on Steam to play the new update? And if I do, can I carry my save data over?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
There's a copy/load achievements button in the almanac

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

iOS passed review, phew. Hopefully Steam/iOS/Android/itch will go up at around 15:00 UTC 2024-03-20 (less than a day away)

3.0 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5UBfPwqp7s

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tann posted:

iOS passed review, phew. Hopefully Steam/iOS/Android/itch will go up at around 15:00 UTC 2024-03-20 (less than a day away)

3.0 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5UBfPwqp7s

Heck yeah tann, congrats

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Im so excited for this to be on ios, congrats!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I will buy it again even if it has no regional pricing!!!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Can’t wait to buy this game again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hell yeah