Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Heard Cait Sith say "Playtime is over" in combat and it made me lol. My brain is poisoned.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DaysBefore posted:

drat I should play Thronebreaker at some point. Meve was cool in the books

It's... okay.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
covid thread poster rigging up an entire remote controlled animatronic harass free sample vendors

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Al! posted:

covid thread poster rigging up an entire remote controlled animatronic harass free sample vendors

hijacking the bluetooth speaker to play chuck-e-cheese voice lines

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Al! posted:

So that's where all the defunct chuck e cheese robots went...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

So that's where all the defunct chuck e cheese robots went...

god, i wish it was that wholesome

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

also, hmm...grizzled killer... hot, equally skilled wife.... adoptive daughter... tendency to get sidetracked with niche games...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

id like exactly one update on that guy on my desk by tomorrow

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
witcher 3 is one of those games that is just kind of perfect

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Al! posted:

again?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Cranappleberry posted:

thats witcher 1

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm just getting caught up on the TDI stuff. Jesus Christ.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. All I know for certain is that I can't stop laughing and crying at this, so I guess at the very least he really was a Family Guy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Playing Drakengard 1 was worse than the time I was trapped behind enemy lines and had to fight a whole platoon with my bare fists!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I can't stop laughing and crying at this, so I guess at the very least he really was a Family Guy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cranappleberry posted:

my favourite thing is that it makes people out themselves as having terrible taste (by admitting to choosing triss)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

my favourite thing is that it makes people out themselves as having terrible taste (by admitting to choosing triss)

this.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
yennefer is about the song Cool for the Summer and that is ftw

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Been a while since I’ve made a post outside the cat thread. I need to say my piece about all of this.

I don’t have answers to the big questions in here. I don’t know who id really is, who Hikkiari really is, or if the family members id claimed existed really did or not. I don’t even know if he’s really dead.

This isn’t the first time in my life someone I considered something of a mentor, who’d been nothing but good to me, turned out to be a piece of poo poo. At least in that previous case all there was to do was cut ties and sit with my thoughts on it.

I was on the periphery during the death of TDI’s daughter, but came in to his Discord to do what I could at that time because even then, TDI had been nothing but generous to me. I really got into his community in early COVID, but I’d been helping with his streams to some extent for a few years. I’m one of the main people in his server at this point.

I’ve always had my suspicions he was at least exaggerating the stories he’d tell, even before I saw any of these accusations. I really tuned out of the stories he’d tell on his Discord around when the Ukraine war started.

Very slowly over the last few years, more and more signs started to show that this was all going to end very badly. Part of why these suspicions took so long to come to a head was that the first accusations and screenshots of conversations I saw was on Kiwifarms. Should put in an aside here that I was looking there to make sure people close to me weren’t on their radar.

It was when another person who was in the same LP circles in the 2010s as TDI expressed concern to me about associating with TDI because of a lot of weird behavior and lying that’d happened before and a little bit after the death of his daughter (this has been covered in more detail on Twitter and SA). I did gently shut this conversation down at the time, and I regret doing that. Still had an impact on me though, because this was the first time I really started to worry about if anything TDI said was ever true.

But I was never even sure how to bring this up, especially being friends with him and people around him. Not to mention the sheer extent and pervasiveness of the lying and manipulation is so much further beyond what I could have imagined.

From talking to other people about this, and I’ll just use a direct quote here, “thought Id's ramblings were bullshit and ignored them.”

As hosed as this all is my goal is to keep the Discord community intact if that’s even possible. There’s plenty of good people in there.

I should also say that under no circumstances should you bother the people who were in his friends circle. (Except for Speedball, who got rightfully booted for sexual harassment.) This is a horrible thing to grapple with when you’re on the other side of it.

In the words of a wife beating piece of poo poo, who did one good thing in his life by blowing his brains out,

“The internet makes you stupid.”

Not answering followup questions in here, and I’d rather not people post this on Twitter or Bluesky but given the nature of these forums it’ll end up there eventually.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
My favorite thing about SA is that we have all these goons who make up fantastical stories and get outed for lying. Or you have the goon sagas that get telephoned into being a bit ridiculous.

And then there’s Caro’s grand expedition into Syria and everything about that is 100% real, with the cherry on top that he’s a multi millionaire from the whole ordeal.

Goons are simply amazing and I’m glad this stupid site is essentially the same when I found it in 2010.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Robert Denby posted:

(Except for Speedball, who got rightfully booted for sexual harassment.)

Sad but unsurprised chuckle

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Sad but unsurprised chuckle

Really paints a different picture from what he said in LP lol...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

THEY HATED HIM BECAUSE HE TOLD THE TRUTH WAS ACTUALLY JUST A CREEP

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

Been a while since I’ve made a post outside the cat thread. I need to say my piece about all of this.

I don’t have answers to the big questions in here. I don’t know who id really is, who Hikkiari really is, or if the family members id claimed existed really did or not. I don’t even know if he’s really dead.

This isn’t the first time in my life someone I considered something of a mentor, who’d been nothing but good to me, turned out to be a piece of poo poo. At least in that previous case all there was to do was cut ties and sit with my thoughts on it.

I was on the periphery during the death of TDI’s daughter, but came in to his Discord to do what I could at that time because even then, TDI had been nothing but generous to me. I really got into his community in early COVID, but I’d been helping with his streams to some extent for a few years. I’m one of the main people in his server at this point.

I’ve always had my suspicions he was at least exaggerating the stories he’d tell, even before I saw any of these accusations. I really tuned out of the stories he’d tell on his Discord around when the Ukraine war started.

Very slowly over the last few years, more and more signs started to show that this was all going to end very badly. Part of why these suspicions took so long to come to a head was that the first accusations and screenshots of conversations I saw was on Kiwifarms. Should put in an aside here that I was looking there to make sure people close to me weren’t on their radar.

It was when another person who was in the same LP circles in the 2010s as TDI expressed concern to me about associating with TDI because of a lot of weird behavior and lying that’d happened before and a little bit after the death of his daughter (this has been covered in more detail on Twitter and SA). I did gently shut this conversation down at the time, and I regret doing that. Still had an impact on me though, because this was the first time I really started to worry about if anything TDI said was ever true.

But I was never even sure how to bring this up, especially being friends with him and people around him. Not to mention the sheer extent and pervasiveness of the lying and manipulation is so much further beyond what I could have imagined.

From talking to other people about this, and I’ll just use a direct quote here, “thought Id's ramblings were bullshit and ignored them.”

As hosed as this all is my goal is to keep the Discord community intact if that’s even possible. There’s plenty of good people in there.

I should also say that under no circumstances should you bother the people who were in his friends circle. (Except for Speedball, who got rightfully booted for sexual harassment.) This is a horrible thing to grapple with when you’re on the other side of it.

In the words of a wife beating piece of poo poo, who did one good thing in his life by blowing his brains out,

Not answering followup questions in here, and I’d rather not people post this on Twitter or Bluesky but given the nature of these forums it’ll end up there eventually.

thank you. ill let you know if i have any questions

This post sent from my iPhone.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

It just occurred to me the thread title should really be Goon Lied, Nohman Died.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Really paints a different picture from what he said in LP lol...

i'm not so sure i believe that either because id's own posts on the topic in that discord say nothing of that until substantially later

which makes it seem like "guys hey i'm sure by this point we're all aware that Id lied about everything. i had my suspicions but let's not dwell on how much of a rube i am. but anyway that one thing id said, that was definitely true"

i know very little of the topic though so shrug

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anyway nobody here's interested in disrupting your cult dude

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Robert Denby posted:

:yeshaha:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Al! posted:

anyway nobody here's interested in disrupting your cult dude

I will.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Al! posted:

thank you. ill let you know if i have any questions

This post sent from my iPhone.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Didn't an administrator say that an alt check revealed the Nohman alt and one other? I'm pretty sure we found the other

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

buglord posted:

And then there’s Caro’s grand expedition into Syria and everything about that is 100% real, with the cherry on top that he’s a multi millionaire from the whole ordeal.

The Caro Saga is like a real-life, Americanized version of the plot of A Clockwork Orange.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I’ve always had my suspicions he was at least exaggerating the stories he’d tell, even before I saw any of these accusations.

TheRaggedQueen
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, no.
Well, TDI's discord server is either gone or I got kicked out of it. I'll wholly cop to buying the stuff about his daughter and all that. The military poo poo always seemed a little sketch, but I kinda just...ignored it. Guess it doesn't really matter either way considering I got played. No use in denying it, but at least it's over.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Marcade posted:

It just occurred to me the thread title should really be Goon Lied, Nohman Died.

True

Leave posted:

Didn't an administrator say that an alt check revealed the Nohman alt and one other? I'm pretty sure we found the other

Nah, they said the other hadn't posted in years.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm glad you got a community out of it

I think you should start another discord though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is he dead yet??!?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

seemed a little sketch,

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

hatty posted:

Is he dead yet??!?

Nope, keeps punching out the Grim Reaper when he comes to collect.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you know fragmaster hasnt posted in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

TheRaggedQueen posted:

Well, TDI's discord server is either gone or I got kicked out of it. I'll wholly cop to buying the stuff about his daughter and all that. The military poo poo always seemed a little sketch, but I kinda just...ignored it. Guess it doesn't really matter either way considering I got played. No use in denying it, but at least it's over.

Came here to post this. The shoe finally dropped in there and people (myself included) were talking about how hosed the whole thing is, etc. and the server has just disappeared from my list lol. Probably for the best, all told.