Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Dutton is preparing everyone for his launch of a policy.

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Spooner:

It is fascinating to imagine how much conservative news Spooner must mainline to marinate his brain so badly he outputs cartoons like this for an Australian audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

* April and December 2023 had a lower black unemployment rate, both in percentage and real numbers. April and May 2023 for Hispanics, again, in percentage and real numbers. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU04000009

** Why is cutting back on renewable energy good? Only if you're Spooner, I guess.

*** There was no "aid" to Iran. Iran had assets that were seized in 1979 during/after the revolution, and those assets were unfrozen by the US-Iran deal that Trump tore apart.

**** True; his hateful rhetoric caused more emigration of Mexican immgrants than arrival of them. I suppose an Australian cartoonist saying "he stopped the boats, gently caress them browns" shouldn't be surprising. https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/08/20/key-findings-about-u-s-immigrants/

***** Only before 2020, at which point trade had resumed to near 2016 levels. https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html He did this largely through a trade war that drove up prices and unemployment, costing nearly a quarter million jobs https://carnegieendowment.org/chinafinancialmarkets/83746 with most of the cost of tariffs falling on American consumers. https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/wmblr/vol12/iss2/2/

******* Not for lack of trying, having assassinated an Iranian general, expanded operations in Syria to grab oil fields https://apnews.com/article/251062e322ab4bba99251fe59c90540a, and sent a hosed-up task force to start something with Venezuela. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gideon_(2020)

All in all: gently caress you Spooner, you giant lying racist piece of poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Trump's middle east policies, both with SA and Iran, were likely causal in the current I/P conflict.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"He cut back on renewable energy" presented unironically. :laffo:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Doomykins posted:

"He cut back on renewable energy" presented unironically. :laffo:

Came here to say this. Just amazing.

Hey, is there an update on the Kellies awards from last year?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

JamesBont posted:

Came here to say this. Just amazing.

Hey, is there an update on the Kellies awards from last year?

I am still working on processing the thousand entries, heavily delayed by getting the laptop with the spreadsheet stolen. I can only apologize.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

And thank god, all those windmills were giving me so much cancer and filling my yard with dead birds.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump raised the standard deduction. i'll give him that.

of course it expires next year while his tax cuts were permanent...

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Illegal migration slowed, the price of gas went down and obnoxiously obvious wars weren't started during Trump's term, those are just objective facts. The difference in our political affiliations seems to be we give a poo poo how that was accomplished. The end always justifies the means to these ghouls and also the end is white and rich people having more poo poo than everyone else, the bigger the gap the better, and yes you can gently caress whitey too if the black guy down the street suffers sufficiently more

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 7, 2024

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

It is fascinating to imagine how much conservative news Spooner must mainline to marinate his brain so badly he outputs cartoons like this for an Australian audience.

Can't bring himself to write the words "Trump is a liar", even coming out of the Trump-hating character's mouth. "He can be inaccurate and boastful" — whoa, whoa, hey now, let's not say things we can't take back!

Also:

• Is there a reason I'm missing for the unusual phrase, "Name one super thing Trump ever did"? People don't... say that. It would make sense as a reply, like, if someone said to this guy, "Why, Trump is nothing short of a superman!" Why the word 'super', here?
  • How precisely the gently caress is this guy sitting?? Is he on the couch, on an enormous pile of cushions? Is he on a footstool that's concealed by the couch, close to the TV but off to the side of it? And is he then leaning with his elbows on the corner of the TV stand, his legs bent awkwardly around to his left side? Or are his arms simply in the air, elbows thrust outwards for dramatic effect?
  • What are you telling us, cat?

The thing is, he's got Trump looking evil as poo poo and the dog looking quizzical at him, trying to make sense of the strange human — I'm sure Spooner thinks he's produced a balanced, even-handed cartoon here, sensibly acknowledging that yes, yes, he's certainly a colourful figure ­— goodness yes! — and can be divisive, but also wisely and bravely pointing out that hmmm, you know, if you consider his actions objectively, etc. etc. crusty wank

Anyway, yeah, he draws about some extremely domestic American political poo poo that has zero relevance for him and his audience in Australia, and it's weird and sucks. Senility approaches. Go outside, Spooner.

(Apropos of nothing, I still hate Mark Knight the most because his Albanese caricature looks nothing like Albanese, yet he persists with it. Drives me crazy every time. He's just decided, "Anthony Albanese must look like this, because I have drawn a stupid-looking man, and that's what he is!")

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

I am still working on processing the thousand entries, heavily delayed by getting the laptop with the spreadsheet stolen. I can only apologize.

Hey, it's alright. We appreciate what you do man.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Should have been an RV, but other than that...

Bob Englehart

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

You know, if he sees people like this, it explains the way he draws them in a lot of his other cartoons as well.

Dick Wright

Jack Ohman

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Lisa Benson

This is almost certainly just me overthinking things, but I did notice that Trump (who Benson does not like) is also a blue choice here.

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Monte Wolverton - The Trumpuppets

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Rick McKee

Rivers

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

"The whole world condemns what my government is doing. Obviously that means we are the only sane people in the entire world."

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

"Am I so out of touch?! No, it's the rest of the world who is wrong."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Wow! Look at the size of that newspaper!

Payne is probably one of those people who thinks "Born in the USA" is an unironically patriotic song.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wow! Steve Baker is being imprisoned just for reporting?
Oh, he was one of the insurrectionists and claims to this day that the attack was "100% justified"?

Well I'm sure Herridge being in contempt of court is purely another example of lawfare targeting conservative--
Oh, she was involved in leaked federal secrets, violated the privacy act, incriminated a private citizen to defame her, and refused to reveal the source of the FBI leak when the court demanded she do it?

Well,

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
GOLF
CLAP
⬇️

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

GOLF
CLAP
⬇️
He should have done it as a sign like

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

(adds the Y, swaps words, moves one letter) finally, a political system where my voice is heard

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What the gently caress? A Prick City strip containing a clear, coherent, and self-contained take on an issue?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
"Migrants"

So this was clearly not done illegally because you know Lester (who beats his wife) absolutely would be pointing that out if it were. This is another help/gently caress our Afghan allies depending on what day it is this week right

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

:fuckoff:

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the gently caress? A Prick City strip containing a clear, coherent, and self-contained take on an issue?

Prckly City has been consistently Anti-Trump, we can give it that much. Now, if you expect them to elaborate on why, they don't go much further that he's embarrassing and has bad vibes, because the author likely has no convictions or strongly held principles. It's just one side of the 'both are bad and cringe' coin for him.

The strips never go into issues like human rights, immigration, actual wars, supreme court, political violence, etc. It's just the most shallow regurgitating of the last meme or gaffe. Stantis is the equivalent of an enviromentalist that thinks he addressed the issue by painting his SUV green.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think you forgot the word 'American' in there somewhere. Other than that, okay for a Prickly City, I guess. At least it's saying something.

Alright, that's kind of funny.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's been happening on occasion now, I don't know what's going on either

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 7, 2024

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

More like evil people keep advancing their careers despite their horrendous actions and statements being brought up each time, but okay.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stantis here to quickly remind you that, despite recent murmurs to the contrary, he still sucks and has nothing to say

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

...dude. You're shooting your own cause in the foot by drawing something that would actually be happening but clearly isn't if Democrats were doing the poo poo you say they are. Do you really think not loving one single homeless veteran in America would be shameless enough to try- because if they did, success or failure, your media would be all over it

When someone around me is dumb enough to spout out some bullshit about how they could totally say they're an illegal and get all these wonderful benefits but they're too much of a Real American to stoop that low, I'll reply something like "I am completely willing to stoop that low, please tell me how to do this". Somehow they never seem to be able to get to even the first step.

Edit: reading that last bit just reminded me of the time I was simultaneously not poor enough for Medicaid and worked not enough hours for SNAP at 10 an hour

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 7, 2024

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Democrats, famously dismissive of the homeless and veterans

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the theatre of the Tories’ spring budget – Jeremy Hunt cuts national insurance, abolishes non-dom status and raises the child benefit threshold"

Telegraph:

How taxes have soared to a near-record high under Tory rule

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After The Shining.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

SithDrummer posted:

Democrats, famously dismissive of the homeless and veterans

I mean, they are. It's just Republicans pretend to care about the latter (they don't) and want to completely eradicate the former by any means necessary.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

In this image, Kier was planning to get rid of the axe but then Jeremy came in said he'd be getting rid of it himself (by disposing of it through a hole in the door)

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Super to be added to paid parental leave from next year (ABC). That's treasurer Jim Chalmers, finance minister Katy Gallagher, and deputy opposition leader Sussan Ley with Peter Dutton.

Wilcox:

Katauskas:

Simon Kennedy wins preselection for Liberals in seat of Cook following Scott Morrison's resignation (ABC). There was pressure to pick a woman for the very safe seat given how badly the Liberals need them but naturally they picked a bloke who failed to win a seat in 2022 and doesn't live in the area.

Knight:

On the Extinction Rebellion protesters that blocked the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne.

Golding:

Matildas captain Sam Kerr is facing a court case on the charge of racially harassing a British police officer by allegedly calling them a "stupid white bastard".

Leak, Son of Leak:

Virgin Australia announces small dogs and cats to be allowed in cabin on domestic flights (ABC).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Knight:

On the Extinction Rebellion protesters that blocked the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne.
Maybe the dumbest take of the bunch
"If there wasn't a greenhouse gas climate catastrophe before--"
no don't worry, there absolutely was

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Darrin Bell

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Now, I'm not saying that Trump would definitely merge himself with a sandworm to rule for a thousand years, but I'm not not saying it.

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Mike Smith

Paul Berge

Pedro X. Molina

Phil Hands

Pia Guerra

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Ward Sutton

I have been censored for my genocidal views! ...wait, poo poo, that's supposed to be the punchline.

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 8, 2024

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

A rare miss for Sutton: the GOP has not been in a relationship with democracy and has been admiring fascism for quite some time.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

Pia Guerra

I just want to put these together because they’re like a goofus and gallant for how to use a visual metaphor.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

I have been censored because for my genocidal views! ...wait, poo poo, that's supposed to be the punchline.

That one girl (?) should be more concerned about that hunchback syndrome she has. Also, her pants go up to her chest for...some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I guess I don't know much about how voting is done in America because what the gently caress is this? Is this what a voting machine looks like? You gotta aim a tiny stick into one of two very-close-together, very small holes between metal strips? (Or are they tiny buttons?)