Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
As a CoF player I think I have 30+ tabs and nothing to do with my gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Vulpes posted:

Profane Veil's Vampiric Pool is supposed to absorb 4% of killed minion health as ward (per tool tip), but it's doing 40% instead, allowing warlocks to generate 100k+ ward with two key presses on a very short cooldown.

It's clearly a bug and I honestly don't understand why they are being so hardheaded about fixing it. I get they don't want to set a midleague nerf precedent, but bug fixes aren't nerfs. Even PoE understands that difference.

Ahh, thanks. That's coincidentally the one build I looked up when I tried to find another example of necrotic warlock and I had no idea it was a bug lol. But it was for a hardcore build guide and I figured it wasn't really necessary for a casual player, so decided not to go that route.

e:

nerox posted:

What is the link to the broken warlock build?

I think this is it? Looks like a fun time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KDnSbzcZgQ&t=647s

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 7, 2024

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tonetta posted:

if you simply just don't pick up poo poo to sell, you can clear like 50% faster and earn like 48% more gold in doing so

Yeah I figured out that at least by the time I'm doing monoliths, I'm better off having a really tight loot filter and leaving behind basically anything I don't want to shatter, stash, or wear. The time spent screwing around with vendoring stuff ends up being a loss once I'm speeding through maps

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

nerox posted:

What is the link to the broken warlock build?

I think this is the OG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV0lHQsDxeE

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/Q9J1dzXB

There are a bunch of variations, since, as was said, you just need a node each in Bone Curse and Profane Veil for the buggy ward.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Cost for stash tabs will be reduced next week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/1b86emy/why_was_the_gold_farming_through_arena_keys/ktnpo2o/?context=3

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

For Monoliths, is it more efficient to rush towards their objectives and then bounce out or to maximize the stability gains by killing trash mobs? I assume the former, but I've only just started clearing them.

Doesn't look like this got answered.

You're correct that you almost always want to rush objectives, especially before getting to Empowered Monoliths. You'll build stability faster that way, plus all the monolith rewards. If you find yourself in an area with an exceptional number of monsters, you can hang around and kill more things if you want, but it's rarely optimal.

The best thing you can do is get to Empowered Monoliths as soon as your build can handle it. That can even mean skipping entire timelines if you feel up to it, since you only have to complete the last three timelines to unlock Empowered in all of them.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Some interesting stuff in there, a few snippets for those that don't wanna click through to Reddit:

quote:

Selling items to vendors for gold is not an intended gameplay loop, and we actively discourage it by having items generally sell for very little gold and instead make enemies drop it more. This is already very apparent relatively early in the campaign.

We should've already reduced the price of keys prior to Item Factions, but we missed it.

quote:

Another thing we missed, was the cost of stash tabs. With the introduction of Cycles they do not need to cost as much anymore, and even without this powerful new gold farming method provided by Prophecies it should've been reduced.

quote:

Stash tabs are too expensive and as already mentioned, they will be going down. 25% was the current number we had in mind when originally I posted, but that's already going up to atleast 50% if not more. There might be other adjustments too, like having the first 10, 20 or some other number be much more cheaper than the next ones instead of always having the same cost increase. We don't need to increase gold gain globally as a result of these changes, though I'd like for gold Echo reward to scale a bit more aggressively with Corruption compared to the current values.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I already have 50 tabs, can I get a refund? where's my stimmy ehg I need to throw it all away at a single dungeon

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

anyone wanna carry me thru lagon? i suck :v:

Tollumink / Oleaster (character name)

e: nvm i did it lol

Telltolin fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 7, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So my invulnerable VK isn't so invulnerable in empowered mono's. Lol. Got smacked down in 3 echos now. All 3 by those stupid giant snake ladies with fire damage, and I have 150%+ fire resist.

Maybe just a level difference, or I just need more than 1500 health and 4k+ ward now. Some of the maps are a breeze, but those snake ladies... drat..

In other news I just had my first hard crash in the game. I was moving through an echo or mono or whatever the individual maps are, and suddenly got 'stuck'... I could still fire off my abilities and kill things, but couldn't move, even with my transversal skill. After a bit, it then hard froze.. and then the game just closed. No error, just... gone.

Pretty strange, and not something I'd ever experienced before release with a couple hundred hours in the game.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Curse did some back-of-the-napkin math and the ward generated with large (but not crazy) investment in minion health, assuming the minion scaling on bone prison actually worked, was something like 18k. Not particularly good for monos when you having to stop and spin for half the time you're playing, but it'd probably fit into some build nicely.

In the meantime I'm going to keep enjoying being able to hit it then run to objectives. I'm sure next season there will be some overtuned thing and I'll have fun with that too.

fknlo posted:

I don't pick up random junk but I'm always way ahead of dying things and therefore miss a lot of gold as a bleed warlock. Stash tabs get expensive quick too. They apparently said they'll lower the cost of them by 25% with the next patch to compensate.

The gold sinks in general feel like a weird trade-focused response. I can respec my passive tree and shatter stuff all day now, but earlier when that would have eased me into crafting and let me experiment more it was prohibitively expensive to do anything.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xerophyte posted:

. "One of the responsibilities of designers is to protect the player from themselves" and all that.

No. 100% no

Ok yes maybe in mmos and other exploitive genres but this is a dumb arpg

Does From protect you ?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
knowing how the devs operate through EA with enough pushback that they seem to be getting they'll probably reverse course

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s sad. Hopefully they will learn before they damage their game too much

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Welp, finally hit my ceiling. Can't do empowered monoliths or tier 3 dungeons without better gear, but better gear does not drop. To get more survivability, I'll have to drop all my mana/regen so I can't even use fissure anymore. I'm not even sure what's wrong with my build, I have all the right skills, skill points, passives, etc. I have all my resists capped. I just only have 1100 hp and fall over sometimes.

also wow dungeons are loving spiteful. You die and it crashes your game and logs you out.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Locator posted:

Ah, okay. So it would still generate ward, but not scale like it does. On the other hand that would allow all the increased healing effectiveness affixes to become more spell damage or more void damage instead, as it's a prefix shard, so the DPS side would skyrocket, while still retaining all the health and hybrid health suffixes. Seems like it would still be a solid and tanky build (well, at least the VK Autobomber build, not sure about other Sentinel builds).

Not really, since Healing Effectiveness already scales Healing Hands damage. Its kinda the issue with the build, one stat alone scales your sustain, damage and ehp.
Losing the ward component would lose you the free ehp buffer and you'd be more reliant on good suffixes to survive one-shots. Your sustain would still be absolutely through the roof though

Hauki
May 11, 2010

A Moose posted:

Welp, finally hit my ceiling. Can't do empowered monoliths or tier 3 dungeons without better gear, but better gear does not drop. To get more survivability, I'll have to drop all my mana/regen so I can't even use fissure anymore. I'm not even sure what's wrong with my build, I have all the right skills, skill points, passives, etc. I have all my resists capped. I just only have 1100 hp and fall over sometimes.

also wow dungeons are loving spiteful. You die and it crashes your game and logs you out.

import your build/gear into LE tools and post it

e: VVV and yeah, what Tonetta said. My fissure warlock is at like 3k hp & 4k ward roughly, eventually I'll probably swap to low life.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 7, 2024

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

The answer is more health. You need more health

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Dreylad posted:

knowing how the devs operate through EA with enough pushback that they seem to be getting they'll probably reverse course

If we're basing this on forum responses to the patch notes then step one should be deleting warlock and step two should be turning the game into a key-based economy. I'm not sure if this is the group you want to break the seal on gear-affecting midseason changes for.

A Moose posted:

Could probably plug your stuff into the build planner and someone could tell you what's up. I'd probably say give yourself more HP via idols and affixes but that's not very helpful if all your idol slots are resists or whatever.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

A Moose posted:

Like others said, post your build. I have a tiny mana pool and way less health than some others but have been successfully running a low life bleed build even before I had some of the required pieces and had like 2000 ward. I'm up to almost 6k ward now though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh cool, the new patch broke Soulfire Bastions to where you can't leave the boss arena to talk to the Soul Gambler at the end.

Good thing I only went in to fulfill a prophecy, but still :argh:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Fruits of the sea posted:

Welp, glad to know I'm not the only one. It's by far the worst part of the game so far.

It's like the game was designed for people who exclusively follow build guides with a downloadable filter preset. Halfway(?) through the game and I'm already tired of inventory management and messing around with the loot filter

Wait what? The loot filter is by far one of the best aspects of the game. It’s a little bit of a chore to figure out but once you get it dialed in it absolutely trivializes inventory management since you a) only pick up stuff you’re actually interested in and b) know exactly what you’re picking up since you can color code everything yourself.

Mine is still extremely halfass but it still lets me immediately see & differentiate
-anything with a rare general affix or one directly related to my class with enough tiers to make it worth a rune of removal (generally 80+ on the item tables at lastepochtools.com)
-anything with a T6-T7 affix that’s useful to my build
-anything with at least two t5 affixes related to my build
-idols that have two desirable affixes only
-experimental items
Uniques and non-related exalts still pop up normally; I usually shatter the exalts for more shards.

Rare gets sorted into a removal tab, t6-t7 get sorted into exalt tabs, 2+ t5 items get sorted into a dump tab that I look at every now & then and decide to shatter or dump or maybe craft, experimental/unique/idol all get tossed in their tabs.

It’s a super critical part of the game; a major aspect of the game is crafting better and better gear for yourself and setting up your loot filter properly really streamlines a lot of that. It’s easy and convenient to use once you get used to it, and making changes on the fly is simple. About the only thing I wish for is either tooltips or grouping affixes by drop rarity so I don’t have to cross-reference out of game.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I get the frustration with the loot filter. It's a powerful tool that is needed early on in the game, but requires knowledge from way later to be useful. At this point I could look at a leveling build and what I'd eventually spec into and make a loot filter that accounted for different stages easily enough. I couldn't do that when loot became overwhelming on like day three of release. The probably would have been day one of release if the servers hadn't fallen over.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are local affixes a thing in this game or is everything global

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mailer posted:

I get the frustration with the loot filter. It's a powerful tool that is needed early on in the game, but requires knowledge from way later to be useful. At this point I could look at a leveling build and what I'd eventually spec into and make a loot filter that accounted for different stages easily enough. I couldn't do that when loot became overwhelming on like day three of release. The probably would have been day one of release if the servers hadn't fallen over.

Honestly, I've really never found it that hard, even without looking at anyone else's loot filters. Yeah, you're not going to have a perfect endgame "here's exactly what I need" filter as you level if you don't think it out ahead of time or copy something. But even as a brand new player in early access, it was easy enough for me to gradually build my own loot filter that worked fine. It basically went "okay, I don't want to see white poo poo anymore, hide that." "Okay, now I only want gold or above unless it has these couple of affixes or resistances I want." "Okay, I'm getting too much rare poo poo show, so now only show purple, sets, and uniques, unless it has these few specific affixes/resistances I want." It's not going to be perfect, but the affixes for most builds aren't exactly rocket science and it wasn't that hard to be like "okay I'm playing a minion build, give me everything to do with minions, give me the five necro skills I'm using, and my void resistance is poo poo so give me anything with that." Or something similar for other classes; I always at least had a handle on what skills I planned to use, what damage types I was looking for, and what I needed in terms of resistances, and then that additional poo poo like extra armor or health were always good.

I dunno, maybe my brain just works in a loot filter-y way.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Awesome! posted:

are local affixes a thing in this game or is everything global

Items with class requirements only drop with skill shards with those items associated class on them. If you're asking if you can put any affix on any piece of gear, no.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

There are affixes that can only spawn on specific gear slots, if that's what you mean. You can only get global cooldown reduction on belts and shoes, movement speed is only on shoes, etc.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no like in the poe sense. if I get a weapon with 25% necrotic damage on it does that apply to all of my necrotic damage or just the necrotic damage on the weapon

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Awesome! posted:

no like in the poe sense. if I get a weapon with 25% necrotic damage on it does that apply to all of my necrotic damage or just the necrotic damage on the weapon

Hopefully I don't have this wrong, but there are several types of "damage". There is generic damage which is global, Spell damage which is... well, for skills with the 'spell' tag, and there is melee damage.

So if you were playing a melee necrotic damage character you would want "Melee Damage", "Necrotic Damage", and "Melee Necrotic Damage" affixes. I think. Basically match the tags on the affix with the tags on the skill in-game.

Edit: Hopefully that's not too wrong. I am using no melee at all and primarily void, so I am using Spell Damage, Spell Void Damage, and Void Damage affixes, but not melee void damage.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
for anyone wondering, arena keys vendor value went from 6500g to 175g

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Erulisse posted:

Given how many keys I have, I'm kinda sad I didn't sell all of them before that patch. lol.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I’m very much a “nerfs are healthy for games” type player, but even for me those responses blow my mind. Obviously classes need to be roughly balanced against each other to guarantee build variety, but isn’t this what seasons are for? The world is replete with evidence right now that people are incredibly loving stupid, but arpg players losing their minds about nerfs and about things not getting nerfed is another nice example.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

StarkRavingMad posted:

I dunno, maybe my brain just works in a loot filter-y way.

Same, I get why people might find them frustrating but to me they're intuitive and satisfying to use. Every time something drops and I look at it and realise it has no useful anything, I update my filters and it's gone. I love it

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Awesome! posted:

Short answer, everything is global.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Erulisse posted:

It was noted in the patch notes posted earlier. They never meant for the keys to hold value and was missed when they did a sweep of items.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If they didn't want people selling stuff, why can you sell stuff at all? Like, couldn't they just not program that in in the first place?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Clarste posted:

If they didn't want people selling stuff, why can you sell stuff at all? Like, couldn't they just not program that in in the first place?

The act of throwing a pile of trash on the ground takes longer than selling the same pile of trash. The only online multiplayer game I can think of that didn't have vendors to sell your junk directly to was New World, and people absolutely hated that aspect (and most others) about that game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think most people would agree that having something that takes up inventory slots that you can't destroy or sell for even a pittance of gold is simply annoying. When Blizzard made potions disenchantable in D3 everyone rejoiced even though you only get one measly forgotten soul for it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tonetta posted:

The act of throwing a pile of trash on the ground takes longer than selling the same pile of trash. The only online multiplayer game I can think of that didn't have vendors to sell your junk directly to was New World, and people absolutely hated that aspect (and most others) about that game.

They could innovate by adding a trash can you can quickly dump stuff in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
You can now open the inventory while you look at the market window. Sounds trivial but you had to remember all the stats of an item when you wanted to search for similar items. If you forgot an affix and had to look at the item in your inventory, the market browser would close and everything you entered before was lost. You can also list items that are in your stash.

Doesn't help that the market economy is dead but nice to see that they're improving things.

I bought one of those on the first weekend for 850k and I will never be able to afford another one.