Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Kurtofan posted:

What are the odds this guy is another alt of dark id lol

Admins have confirmed they're not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what you dont believe noted serial truth-teller thedarkid?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

senrath posted:

Admins are TDI confirmed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

senrath posted:

yeah my bad

just feels like incredibly lovely behavior to twist the knife on someone who was already kicked from the server in no small part due to tdi

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006

senrath posted:

Specifically, I believe that guy was a cohost of a movie oriented discord Id would occasionally guest on and they were on audio at the same time. Like i have heard whoever Id is on live calls during movie streams way back when and the voice was very consistent and distinct from this person's if i'm recalling correctly. I know there were at least one major break in adminning the channel during my time there so the schisms and people holding fast isn't atypical.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kurtofan posted:

yeah my bad

just feels like incredibly lovely behavior to twist the knife on someone who was already kicked from the server in no small part due to tdi

100%, it's truly the cherry on top that goes to show what we were talking about a few days ago: a lot of these personality cultists are totally unreformed.

that server getting nuked is probably one of the healthiest things that's happened on the internet in the last week.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mraagvpeine posted:

Archiving hasn't been a thing since 2014.
I know the actual forum archiving is broken, but the forums inactivity auto thread lock seems to have been in effect as recently as 2018, because I have a Wild Arms LP thread that's locked, and I didn't do it. Also like a good two-thirds of Id's LPs were from before 2014, so my question still stands.

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006

Coolguye posted:

100%, it's truly the cherry on top that goes to show what we were talking about a few days ago: a lot of these personality cultists are totally unreformed.

that server getting nuked is probably one of the healthiest things that's happened on the internet in the last week.

Being wholly honest, I worked in a public health position during the pandemic in a deep DEEP red state and I dropped more stress from leaving the channel than I did making a cross country move to get away from that state. The areas supposedly for quarantining the bad poo poo were more resonance chambers just to feel worse and iirc the hikkiari account egged a lot of that on. It was specifically that account that came hat in hand to let me know they drove out the bad guy they assumed made me want to take a break and it was fine to return minutes after I left which made me decide to sever from that space completely. I tried dipping back in the movie server a few months after and there was still something off putting so I left after a few days.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

senrath posted:

Mods knew. :ninja:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

Mods knew. :ninja:

I can assure you that every PM I ever sent to to Id or post in his thread that ever made as a mod went completely unacknowledged. So I in fact did not know poo poo apparently.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kosume Shezaki posted:

Being wholly honest, I worked in a public health position during the pandemic in a deep DEEP red state and I dropped more stress from leaving the channel than I did making a cross country move to get away from that state. The areas supposedly for quarantining the bad poo poo were more resonance chambers just to feel worse and iirc the hikkiari account egged a lot of that on.
you do remember correctly. on monday i had someone from my LP community who's been having a super rough time of it with lots of emotional problems for the last year or two reach out and say he's finally getting to a point where he can reach some more emotional quiet. i told him cool prioritize your healing my dude, namaste, but noticed that TDI's server was a mutual of ours. i checked into it and what do you know, hikkiari's stuffing him with angry gunpowder in the political hellworld channel pretty much every time he spoke there, for months on end.

you were very right to stay away.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Crossposted from the PYF thread, in the new server of old Gulag regulars looking to move on from Id's dumb poo poo, more dumb poo poo is here to stay.

cock's shotgun

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
alright what the hell is cock's shotgun

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I think that's probably enough of the screenshots of TDI-poisoned losers I don't care about saying dumb poo poo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

A shotgun owned by Cock

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

I think that's probably enough of the screenshots of TDI-poisoned losers I don't care about saying dumb poo poo.

You know what they say: always make sure you die in a way that makes people go

SPEED IT THE gently caress UP, ALREADY, CHRIST!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kurtofan posted:

What are the odds this guy is another alt of dark id lol

Low.

I've asked if there any receipts for the claims.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Low.

I've asked if there any receipts for the claims.

I'll get this out of the way, Robert Denby is in fact a separate human being, been on stream with them both. Pretty hurt that he would think so little of me because the trio of me, Id, and Denby were streaming watching movies every tuesday for years. And that's all I ever wanted to do, watch weird movies and make jokes/remarks while doing so! Ya think ya know some people...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Speedball posted:

I'll get this out of the way, Robert Denby is in fact a separate human being, been on stream with them both. Pretty hurt that he would think so little of me because the trio of me, Id, and Denby were streaming watching movies every tuesday for years. And that's all I ever wanted to do, watch weird movies and make jokes/remarks while doing so! Ya think ya know some people...

honestly, i doubt there are any because the accusers are part of some insane pathological polycule of lies, but we've been bitten by this kind of thing so many times in the past lol so i'm doing due diligence. pm me if you want to discuss.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

kirbysuperstar posted:

I can't find it among all the screencaps but it was a screencap of someone from the Discord (not a member of the Dark Id Hivemind) cheerleading Dark Id on with the same exact Internet Tough Guy affect, ending with
Cock's shotgun

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

I know the actual forum archiving is broken, but the forums inactivity auto thread lock seems to have been in effect as recently as 2018, because I have a Wild Arms LP thread that's locked, and I didn't do it. Also like a good two-thirds of Id's LPs were from before 2014, so my question still stands.

Regular users can't do anything to threads that are archived or pre-archiving-locked (which yeah was a process left active until 2018), so that would only be his three most recent threads.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

mycot posted:

I can't find it among all the screencaps but it was a screencap of someone from the Discord (not a member of the Dark Id Hivemind) cheerleading Dark Id on with the same exact Internet Tough Guy affect, ending with
Cock's shotgun

lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Polsy posted:

Regular users can't do anything to threads that are archived or pre-archiving-locked (which yeah was a process left active until 2018), so that would only be his three most recent threads.

Post the links and I'll goodmine them

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
it's technically the correct term for readying any firearm but most people would think of racking or pumping for a shotgun

man the terminology is phallic as all hell isn't it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

well, 'cocks shotgun' is different to 'cock's shotgun'

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Post the links and I'll goodmine them

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860785
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3883446
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992410

I guess the parasite eve one is extremely incomplete but the other two were done

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gnome de plume posted:

it's technically the correct term for readying any firearm but most people would think of racking or pumping for a shotgun

man the terminology is phallic as all hell isn't it

We just want to know when cock is getting it back

(^^^^ done ^^^^)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ty seb :cheers:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

it took a few minutes for me to figure out just how odd cock's shotgun sounded. No, not the apostrophe grammar thing, but the actual intended phrase.

Pumps' shotgun.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

mycot posted:

Cock's shotgun

Was literally the same person I posted just now, and they were a loving mod back in the Gulag. About the time everyone was talking about the big reveal, they were all, "I don't care what slowbeef or those screenshots say, I BELIEVE IN THE DARK ID! Now talk something about else!" *cock's shotgun*

When someone asked if Id was in hospice for his cancer treatment just out of curiosity, this magical creature went full damage control and was like, "HOW DARE YOU TRY TO INVADE HIS PRIVATE HEALTH INFORMATION!" And they're still at it. Whole lotta people speculated they were another one of Id's stupid alts and I thought to myself, nah, that's stretching it. A guy who made up a fake wife, fake daughter, fake son, fake Japanese best friend, fake PMC career, fake French mercenary Number Two fighting in the Ukraine/Russia war and fake dying of fake cancer, this is too much even for someone like that.

But uh, I'm starting to think there's more credibility to that theory now.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 7, 2024

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
keyboard toughguy posturing is the best

*throws a dagger past your face, cutting a single hair as it sails through the neck of a terrorist*

what a way to get people to respect you.

Neeksy fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 7, 2024

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope Cock gets their shotgun back :unsmith:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

At least TDI didn’t start a podcast.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That we know of.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
dramatic reveal: TDI is in every podcast, he just does funny voices each time.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Just tried threatening some people to be LP co-commentators but I don't think it worked. I caulked my shotgun and I think I hosed it up bad

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just tried threatening some people to be LP co-commentators but I don't think it worked. I caulked my shotgun and I think I hosed it up bad
Maybe, were you intending on using that shotgun as a weapon or a flotation device? :v:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

slowbeef posted:

I do regret saying that, although it was really more directed at like... I don't know. There's a guy who was saying he was putting off studying for finals for his Grandia LP or something.

Look, man, Grandia LPs are serious fuckin’ business. :colbert:

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's fine, that shotgun will be real helpful when it's time to cross the Laramie River on the way to wilamette valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

slowbeef, when are you and diabetus getting back on YouTube. You stopped during the middle of your playthrough of some old game, Blood something. I thought it was funny. I waited about eight years for another update before finally unsubscribing last month. Don't tell me you've been busy fighting mercenaries in El Salvador