Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I haven't been playing new video games very much but I have been playing old video games. Has anyone tried Retroachievements :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

relieved he doesn't know rhinos' weak points

you enter v.a.t.s. and aim for the horn, like everyone learns their first day of special forces training

Cyalpha08
Sep 2, 2011

The Great Derp Boy
Been a long time since I last posted at all, So. Howdy, Survivor of Id's bullshit here. Was at ground zero, bought into his poo poo for a bit but the lies and mistakes kept piling up. Most of us have the same story, we just stuck around because we enjoyed everyone else. I get it, it was funny to watch all this happen.

I was part of the group behind the scenes gathering evidence to bring up to the mod team. Turned out to be a mostly pointless thing since Denby broke that wall and came forward. Anyway. The fun's over and whats left is a bunch of scattered friends trying to pick up the pieces and return to some semblance of normalcy.

It's loving rough.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I'm glad you survived.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
While you're here does anyone know if the son was ever mentioned outside the time he "did drawings" for the Drakengard 3 lp? Seems like the dead/gay/adopted/Japanese daughter/s got all the screentime.

Cyalpha08
Sep 2, 2011

The Great Derp Boy

Gnome de plume posted:

While you're here does anyone know if the son was ever mentioned outside the time he "did drawings" for the Drakengard 3 lp? Seems like the dead/gay/adopted/Japanese daughter/s got all the screentime.

As far as we can tell, The son, and the wife never existed.
So the drawings? Probably done by him.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gnome de plume posted:

I remember the occasional tweet mentioning his son but yeah his daughter was clearly his favorite OC

Cyalpha08
Sep 2, 2011

The Great Derp Boy
The son also had a familiar backstory.

The son of a mercenary.
Who lives with his estranged wife.

It was god drat Jack, Raiden's son from MGS2.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm impressed he had the restraint to just have Fakewife leave him and take Fakeson when he decided to write them out, instead of a tragic car accident or explosive Ebola or something

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Gnome de plume posted:

You know how sometimes you’re watching an old tv show and there’s an important plot point or character in the pilot that then stops showing up in the rest of the show? The writers thought that part wasn’t working and dropped it, or they replaced it with a better idea. It’s like that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al! posted:

id like exactly one update on that guy on my desk by tomorrow

i said exactly one

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Leal posted:

Putting the spetsnaz into a chokehold and asking him what party members I should use in Chrono Cross and snapping their neck when they say Poshul

You snap their neck anyway for playing Chrono Cross

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Robert Denby posted:

(Except for Speedball, who got rightfully booted for sexual harassment.)

say what

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Blarghalt posted:

You snap their neck anyway for playing Chrono Cross

chrono cross is a fantastic game

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Gnome de plume posted:

The stuff with the son was mostly prosaic. Him dressing up as a ninja for Halloween, taking him to the new Star Wars movie, etc.

Except one time Id talked about the kid creaming his pants in the middle of the night and how he had to have The Talk with him.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hmm. I don't like that very much

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cyalpha08 posted:

Been a long time since I last posted at all, So. Howdy, Survivor of Id's bullshit here. Was at ground zero, bought into his poo poo for a bit but the lies and mistakes kept piling up. Most of us have the same story, we just stuck around because we enjoyed everyone else. I get it, it was funny to watch all this happen.

I was part of the group behind the scenes gathering evidence to bring up to the mod team. Turned out to be a mostly pointless thing since Denby broke that wall and came forward. Anyway. The fun's over and whats left is a bunch of scattered friends trying to pick up the pieces and return to some semblance of normalcy.

It's loving rough.
                                                                                                       \

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

\

lol

Cyalpha08
Sep 2, 2011

The Great Derp Boy

\

drat, how did you find out I am also a secret mercenary.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

chrono cross is a fantastic game

:hai:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I cannot dislike a game where one character’s defining sidequest is “help me put on a rock opera”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Hmm. I don't like that very much

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

\

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Beefstew posted:

The stuff with the son was mostly prosaic. Him dressing up as a ninja for Halloween, taking him to the new Star Wars movie, etc.

Except one time Id talked about the kid creaming his pants in the middle of the night and how he had to have The Talk with him.

I would like to know less.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
still working through the goldmine but omg every one of his stories

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

saga of yore question: how did the insane janitor/spec ops load out that mytar posted even come up? like what prompted the “oh yeah i roll into my job pushing a broom at nasa kitted out like an assassin” in any sort of context?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I should have made it clear but I'm happy people are coming or returning to the forums and this and the previous thread to be bewildered and chat about this whole extremely strange, low - stakes yet long - running incident :kimchi:

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Mar 7, 2024

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
forgetting you're canadian where terminal cancer patients have used medical assistance in dying for like 2 years, or even knowing to fakepost as fakewife to say the doctor snowed him w morphine

they never do any research lmao, they only understand cancer as a sympathy/money earner

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
are the mentioned drawings different from the crayon drawings in last thread that were found to have the exact same splotches/marks in the corners and were definitely all faked from the same template

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

NoiseAnnoys posted:

saga of yore question: how did the insane janitor/spec ops load out that mytar posted even come up? like what prompted the “oh yeah i roll into my job pushing a broom at nasa kitted out like an assassin” in any sort of context?

there are/were threads where goons post what they Every Day Carry or EDC and myrtar was just one of many

think of the many threads in YLLS for example where goons Post What They Look Like

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ive started the new discord, all. Let's post about it for six hundred pages

pray I don't start it further :D

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

one of the first mods for yakuza 8 being a mod to put japanese kiryu into the english dub is one of humanities greatest accomplishments

But I'm playing Infinite Wealth on PS4 :negative:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

thedarkid please invent more people. Double down on this poo poo until the end of time.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cyalpha08 posted:

The son also had a familiar backstory.

The son of a mercenary.
Who lives with his estranged wife.

It was god drat Jack, Raiden's son from MGS2.

jack is raiden. his son is just john. no wonder you fell for this poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cuttlefush posted:

jack is raiden. his son is just john. no wonder you fell for this poo poo

John was Big Boss' name, who was also known as Jack

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I thought Big Boss’s name was Naked

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
jack is apparently short for john. but they've got the same amount of letters and syllables. gently caress this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

isn't John Boss that guy who did the american football videos with the satellites

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

jack is apparently short for john. but they've got the same amount of letters and syllables. gently caress this

Bill is apparently short for William, but that's not right. Will is short for William. Bill is a different name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Bill is apparently short for William, but that's not right. Will is short for William. Bill is a different name.

bill is short for billiam